- One night in Macau[i]Macau (Chinese: 澳門), also spelled Macao (pron.: /məˈkaʊ/), is one of the two special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China, the other being Hong Kong. Macau lies on the western side of the Pearl River Delta across from Posted by mrakymrak78 in Mark & Akiko's Eurasian adventure | Feb 6, 2013
- South West China, Macau and Hong KongHappy New Year from the Far East!
Apologies for not writing before Xmas but I hope you all had a good one and wish everyone a ‘prosperous’ New Year…
I’m writing this from Hong Kong, probably the most iconic city in Asia Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Jan 5, 2011
- ProverbsThings I have learned while in china.
1.Chinese proverbs and medicines are amazing
a.Chinese believe in ying and yang. Before I share this new knowledge, the Chinese people love Posted by Janayl in China! | Apr 28, 2012
- day trip to MacaoThursday the 25th of April
Up early and off with Louise to Macao. Miss the early ferry and takes the jet foil. This fairl Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Apr 24, 1985
- One chapter done, onto the next!!!My final week of student teaching has arrived. I cannot believe that I have been in china for almost 3 months already! Time has flown by. The experience of living internationally has been one that I will never forget. I Posted by Janayl in China! | Apr 26, 2012
- Dòjeh Macau!Macau has always been known for its Casinos. But more than those huge casino hotels and brilliant lights in the evening, is a beautiful history of faith and freedom. If you do not know yet, Macau is the first and Posted by YAMberries in YAMBERRIES | May 2, 2011
- WHC List #1110 - Historic Centre of MacaoThe UNESCO World Heritage List includes several hundred properties with outstanding universal value. They are all part of the world’s cultural and natural heritage.
Date of Inscription: 2005
Category: Cultural site
[b]UNESCO' Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Jan 2, 1985
- A few observations...Canada needs to take some advice from Macau-
600 MOP fine (~$80 CDN) if you let your dog poop on the ground, if your caught, well I don’t know the polite way to say this, but shooting a snot rocket, or Posted by Janayl in China! | Mar 6, 2012
- My new Lifestyle!
The Kids/ Teachers
I have learned a great deal from the teachers here in Macau; both professionally and individually. Today I had coffee with one of the teachers and we began discussing the wealth in Macau. Literally there are students at Posted by Janayl in China! | Mar 2, 2012
- The wonderful world of rice, raw meats and Ping Pong!Weird things in China
They drive on the left side of the road. Steering wheels are on the right side instead of left... its soo strange!
They love traffic circles! Love them; I think there are more traffic circles than 4 Posted by Janayl in China! | Feb 29, 2012
- The City of DreamsThe “City of Dreams” is one of the many casinos that are located just across the street from my school. Today I have decided that Macau truly is a city of dreams. We went to Macau (the north island I Posted by Janayl in China! | Feb 25, 2012
- Touring TiapaThe last two nights we have gone meandering around "Old Tiapa", which is a region of Tiapa. Last night February 23, a few old the teachers invited us to a place called "the Irish pub". This pub gives out free Posted by Janayl in China! | Feb 24, 2012
- My new Home!
Well living in the boarding school shall be an interesting experience. I feel like I am a middle man between the door mom and the students. Making it a difficult position because Posted by Janayl in China! | Feb 22, 2012
- - General summary of my first few days
the weather is pretty nice 15cdaily. but generally overcast which is too bad, it makes it a little chilly. i have been wearing my jacket everyday and jeans so far. loving it here generally. the boarding house is nice! the Posted by Janayl in China! | Feb 19, 2012
- My First DayHello all!!
First thing first. I love it here!! I am so happy, today is a much better day than yesterday!
woke up, got my internet working!
got a tour of the school- this school is fantastic! Food is delicious! they Posted by Janayl in China! | Feb 18, 2012
- East Asia 1985 (20) - MacauThe casinos and back streets of Macau
==Thursday 28.3.1985, Hong Kong - Macau==
As I had bought the airplane ticket for Manila yesterday and the camera would take too long to Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Mar 28, 1985
- Macau for freeThanks to the MGM and the 3/5 corner.. Macau is now a free destination. In addition to providing us with additional spending money for the next few days, they also have amazing dumplings and hot pot. Although some of the Posted by astroalex in Follow the Sun | Aug 20, 2011
- MacauThere are two very exciting things in Macau... casino's and no more stitches in my leg thanks to Dr Jus. After buying all medical equipment (a pocket pair of tweezers and some scissors plus buckets of betadine) jus went to Posted by astroalex in Follow the Sun | Aug 18, 2011
- All Quiet on the Grading FrontThe last week plus has been nice and relaxed. I did have a make up class last Friday, but my students were just giving presentations, so there wasn't much too it. I am currently living an extremely laid-back existence until Posted by stevemaz in Join Me in Zhuhai | Jun 15, 2011
- MacauAs soon as I got my hands on my passport with my new Chinese visa, I headed to the port to take the ferry to Macau. Macau is the most profitable casino city in the World. Macau was an hour Posted by barbaracsk in My Second Big Asia Adventure | May 31, 2011
- Macau-Hongkong EscapadeMACAU-HONGKONG ESCAPADE…..
As early January of 2010, we didn’t ignore the chance of grabbing the Cebu Pacific Airlines limited international seat sale , in line with the their Posted by Mina Poblete in Our Hongkong Trip | Apr 19, 2011
- MacauWent to Angkor in early Feb and by end Feb I had the travel itch again, and due to the fact that I actually have to work and have a job and all that boring stuff, I planned not to Posted by Goofy9 in Singapore Sling | Mar 21, 2011
- Casinos!With finals beginning this past week, classes were at a minimum. Last Thursday, in the interim between my last class and my first written final I went with Jasmine to Macau. We decided to try taking one of the free Posted by stevemaz in Join Me in Zhuhai | Jan 9, 2011
- Christmas in MacauMy Christmas festivities began on Friday, when I kept a family tradition alive by doing some last minute Christmas shopping in Macau. I can't say what I bought there, because I am probably not going to end up giving all Posted by stevemaz in Join Me in Zhuhai | Dec 25, 2010
- MacauIt has been a few days since my last update, and I really had intended to write something sooner, but life got a little crazy the last few days. Anyway, on to the recap:
Saturday was a "Traditional Chinese Culture" festival. Posted by stevemaz in Join Me in Zhuhai | Nov 22, 2010