- Macedonia - 5 highlights===About Macedonia===
Reasons to visit:
1 - it is beautiful country, and one of the very few unexplored gems of Europe.
2 - it's very small and easy to travel. In 1 week you can cover cities, beautiful lakes and mountains.
[b]3[/ Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 10, 2016
- Running out of time(From our time in Macedonia almost two weeks ago)
According to the GPS, we'd arrive in Skopje around noon, just as we expected. Not much time to spare in case of emergencies, but we were hoping for the best.
When we Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Oct 5, 2016
- Boys' favorite!When asked what their favorite part from the long weekend was, the boys unanimously voted for the skateboarding park! Right along Ohrid lake, near Cuba Libre, boys rode their scooter fearlessly! Doing tricks around the various parts of the park Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 27, 2016
- Music, boats, fortresses, and sunsets - the city of OhridThe city of Ohrid is picturesque and full of history. We toured the Tzar Samuil fortress, then wandered around the old town.
Watching many boats pass by, while eating at Kaneo Fish Restaurant, we decided to take a boat back Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 26, 2016
- One brave girl flying over the Ohrid lake!"You did it? You are brave!" exclaimed a lady at the hotel as we walked in after a day of adventure. "They can't pay me to do it, I am too scared," she said laughing.
Sophia had wanted to go Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 26, 2016
- Ohrid LakeThe sun rose quietly on the horizon over the Ohrid lake. After a solid breakfast at the hotel, already excited by the excellent view, we drove down along the coast.
We stopped by a reproduction of ancient water dwellings, where Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 26, 2016
- Macedonia - SkopjeA long weekend celebrating Bulgaria's independence allowed us to travel to Macedonia and Albania for four days. The drive to Skopje was smooth, with the exception of the one-hour delay on the border.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843436/F562E8 Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 26, 2016
- Macedonia [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Macedonia/|Photos of Macedonia]]
The Western Balkans dominated headlines throughout the 1990s, as the former Federal Republic of Yugoslavia imploded and the region was ravaged by a Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 3, 2013
- Europe, Summer 201310th/11th/12th June
Work finished, 8 weeks stretching ahead. No better time in the year than the beginning of June. Marsha and I hung around Manila for a few days before hopping aboard a plane bound for Hong Kong, Istanbul and finally Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jun 22, 2013
- Southeast Europe Part 2 - SkopjeI recall crossing closed borders by car since I was of young age to go abroad for the purpose of buying cheaper stuff. This time was a bit different. We took the bus from Sofia to Skopje and arrived at Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 18, 2013
- Travel to Skopje, MacedoniaWe got in late last night to Sofia so after wine and coffee we were both pretty whipped. We didn't plan on staying in Bulgaria long so are only stayed the one night. Bulgaria hasn't lost any of Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 12, 2012
- OhridThe bus dropped us on the Macedonian side of the border from Albania where some taxi drivers were waiting to rip us off. Like usual. As there was 5 of us, we had to take two taxis and both went Posted by KPad in Possibly lost, probably having fun... | Jul 18, 2012
- 22nd August 2011The showers were disgusting and smelt like sewerage. I couldn't get out fast enough. It was slightly cooler this morning, which was nice as we haven't had a break from the heat in over 2 weeks, but the cool feeling Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Aug 28, 2011
- 21st August 2011We started today by walking through the Blloku district in Tirana, which is supposed to be the trendy area, and I guess it had a few cafes and lots of trees but that was about it. We headed up to Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Aug 28, 2011
- Into the BalkansThe scenery on our last day cycling in Greece was beautiful, a fitting end to our time here. Our last stop in Greece was Florina - 12km from the border with Macedonia. There is little tourism here in the summer Posted by mrs lewis in Mariana and Rob's honeymoon adventure | Jul 11, 2011
- The ancient city of Stobi, MacedoniaThe road from Lake Ohrid to our next destination took us over the enormous peaks of the Galičica National Park and through the famous Tikves wine region. Surprisingly, we were not in search of some good wine, but were looking Posted by The Minion in Motorcycle Adventure Tour | Jul 4, 2011
- Lake Ohrid, MacedoniaRode from Albania to Lake Orhid which is one third in Albania and 2 thirds in Macedonia. Decided to take the scenic route up near the Greek border. It only took about 8 hours to ride maybe 250km! The roads Posted by XJR1300 in Motorcycle Adventure Tour | Jul 3, 2011
- Skopje... Capital of the Republic of Macedonia
One of the most identifiable sites of Skopje is the 9 arch bridge that connects the "new town" to the "old town". OK, we know that you can only count 7 arches in this photo an Posted by janejoe in Our first big adventure | May 1, 2011
- Wine Tasting and Ruin Stomping in Macedonia
==Villa Marija Wine Tasting==
Leaving Prelip behind, we took a taxi from our hotel to Skopje, the capital of Macedonia. We planned two stops along the way: one to a winery and anoth Posted by janejoe in Our first big adventure | May 1, 2011
- Bitola and Prelip, Macedonia
==Mountain village of Maloviste==
Our first stop of the day was to a remote Macedonian village where one could say time has stopped. This village was on the Via Egnatia, which was the Posted by janejoe in Our first big adventure | Apr 29, 2011
- Ohrid, Macedonia
==UNESCO World Heritage sites: City of Ohrid and Lake Ohrid, the pearl of Macedonia==
Our first stop in the Republic of Macedonia (or, for the Greeks, the Former Yugoslav Republic of M Posted by janejoe in Our first big adventure | Apr 28, 2011
- From Lake Ohrid to Pelister National park, MacedoniaFriday 11th June
Got up and left the campsite to find something else around the lake. Before that we headed back into Ohrid to get some shopping, mainly booze and BBQ items for my birthday tomorrow! We also headed around the Posted by marklorna in Mark and Lorna's European Adventure | Jul 8, 2010
- Istanbul to the former Yugoslavian country of Montenegro -22The first night in Istanbul was domianted by the snoring of the gentle man on the pitch next to ours. no matter what time of the night I woke up I could still hear him which isn;t great if like Posted by LizaBrooks in Liza's Missions around the world | Aug 16, 2009
- From Vienna to ParisHello to all... I would like to ask you if you know how can I see the prices on train tickets from Vienna to Paris? And is there any way I could buy cheaper train tickets for the same destination? Posted by Filipco_91 in From Vienna to Paris | Jul 4, 2009
- MacedoniaWe’d read, and heard from numerous people, that it is possible to get to Ohrid in Macedonia from Bulgaria without having to go through the large capital cities. Maybe so, however arriving at the bus station in Blagoevgrad at 6am Posted by TDL in The Departure Lounge | Feb 20, 2009