- Madagascar - RanomafanaBloody long hard slog through the rainforest, thankfully didnt rain but damned hot. Camped in the forest, fed the resident ring tail mongoose cheese (that is one beautiful creature.. chestnut brown with four black rings on its tail), practicing my Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - Morondava - Belo sur MerYes, not one but three!!!
Bit of a story to tell first though!
Yes, I set off with the crazy french canadian couple, although goodness knows how they got me on the boat, I had so many rums the night before!
We left Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - Tsiribihina RiverWell, I have arrived safely in Morondava on the west coast and not quite sure where to start!
Ok, from the beginning but leaving out the boring bits!
Travelled overland to a crazy town west of Tana with a Swiss and an Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - AnkaranfantsikaExcuse me if this is all a load of nonsense, I am trying to type through eyelids held open with toothpicks. I would use matches but they make them of wax out here and they keep melting and I prefer Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - AnkaranaOh my goodness I hardly know where to start!
Ok So I met an American couple in Diego who agreed to let me come on the excursion to L'Ankerana with them, not sure if I have told you this bit already.
Anyway Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - Diego SuarezOh why oh why do I never save to drafts???
Sent you all a huge email this morning about the trials and tribulations of the last few days only to discover it did not send.
Maybe a good thing, was in foul Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - Nosy BeMaking the most of a fairly decent internet connection and finally got around to reading all your emails. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, it was so nice that so many of you remembered!
Spose I had better Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - Andisabe - TamataveMaking the most of internet that works and having some time on my hands, so, you are going to get the lot!!!!
As you know, got to Antananarivo no problem where their keyboards are all over the place... but I am Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- Madagascar - late entriesI get quite a lot of requests for help on Madagascar and I am conscious that I never got around to updating my blog with some of my tales.
So, for those of you that are interested I have included some Posted by baluba in Baluba goes Backpacking | Oct 13, 2008
- A World of ContradictionsAs I walked to the university this morning, I saw the mad man standing out on his corner. His tell-tale ragged yellow shirt, wooly black hair, and all-over dusting of rusty colored dirt were there as usual, but his Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Aug 14, 2008
- Honey Harvest
I went with Resaka to Fenomila’s small village on the outskirts of Tsihombe to collect honey as a volan_dalana (“gift from the road”) for a friend in Fort Dauphin. When you go to another par Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Jul 10, 2008
- Tsihombe RunwaySome of the styles and fashions of Tandroy are worth illuminating. The women here wear the colorful cloth (lambas) wrapped around their waists or rolled up under their arms. Seeing the women go about their day is to Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Jun 30, 2008
- THE AFRICAN GERBER BABYOkay, a short quiz:
How fast can you match these slogans with their companies?
"I'm loving lt!" Posted by Erica32145 in ANYWHERE BUT HERE | Feb 26, 2008
- The Town with No Room
Sometimes Tsihombe lives up to its name. Meaning "no room", Tsihombe can often feel very claustrophobic, like a small sphere inhabited by too many big personalities. When the heat of the af Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Jan 21, 2008
- Strange travels, a WeddingThe following was from a letter written on August 26, 2007. The Peace Corps prefer that the site location of volunteers be kept confidential for safety purposes.
Training has ended after two and a half months of intense language Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Oct 12, 2007
- Teaching by hook or crookThe following news has been taken from letters to Leslie's Grandmother Anderson and Grandparents McAbee. These letters were written 7/28/07.
My training schedule has been intense, as we just finished 2 and 1/2 weeks of teaching training. For the Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Sep 1, 2007
- My Place at the Dinner TableSunday, August 5, 2007
Since coming to Madagascar, there have been several instances in which I've forgotten my name; once when I scaled a mountain outside Manjakandriana, where I found a royal tomb and a lone tree on the deforested Posted by lealow07 in Malagasy Musings | Aug 31, 2007
- Siste reisebrev fra madagascarNytt ord; Akoriaby Topko!!!! (betyr det samme som salama topko, men de bruker akoriaby paa oestkysten)
Da kommer det endelig et livstegn igjen fra Madagascar-denne gangen fra hovedstaten Antananarivo. Dette blir sannsynligvis det siste siden vi drdr Posted by maritros in Cheers, mate!!! | May 28, 2007
- reisebrev fra madagaskarSalama Topko og Kaizakaize alle sammen!!!
-kjaere farmor! Saa morro at du og har faatt deg mailadresse!!! Selvfoelgelig skal du faa reisebrev av meg!!!
ja; da kommer foreloepig det siste reisebrevet "fra hoylandet" paa madagascar. I kveld (mellom 19 Posted by maritros in Cheers, mate!!! | May 16, 2007
- MadagascarSalama Topko !!! (betyr god dag; sir! paa gassisk)
eller Kaizakaize (betyr halla..mer en slaengform av hallo-brukt blant ungdommer her)
kjaere kjaere alle sammen!!
da er vi endelig innom en internettcafe,saa vi kan sende et nytt reisebrev :)
ma Posted by maritros in Cheers, mate!!! | May 11, 2007
- Madagaskarkjære kjære alle sammen!!!
jeg skriver ikke masSe nå, for det er bare en maskin på DnM's datarom her i Antsirabe, og sissel marit og jeg skal inn på nettet begge to.
Vi ankom Antananarivo inatt (ca 22 norsk tid), og overnatta Posted by maritros in Cheers, mate!!! | May 7, 2007