Blog Entries tagged 'Madrid'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Madrid'
- A Month in Paris in WinterIt's all Ernest Hemingway's fault that I'm in Paris. I blame him, his movable feast, Gertrude Stein, and her entire lost generation. I was an English major. I sponged up all the details of descriptions of starving Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 28, 2015
- How I miss my lovely cityI haven't been writing here for a long while, mostly because I left Madrid behind a while ago, and moved to Bratislava. After not being able to adapt to the culture and other stuff, I have moved back to the Posted by Herr Bert in A Dutchman in Madrid | Jan 21, 2015
- Weite AnreiseLos gings am 8. September. Mein Papa und ich fuhren am Nachmittag nach München, um dort in einen Flughafenhotel zu übernachten. Ich hasse es, dass wir schon so eine lange Reise zum Flughafen haben und durch Übernachtungen am Flughafen vor Posted by travelisa1 in Ecuador & Galapagos 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- MADrid I was really excited to get to Madrid for two reasons, the first, I had never been and was looking forward to exploring a new Spanish city (especially considering that there is a fierce rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid as Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 21, 2014
- ...clickety clackMonday 28th May 2014: Bag End.
The anthem that gets us in the mood for these trips is here.
Start it playing and read on! We are almost on our way!
But, a quick Posted by Johnash in ..Tails California: John & Bob USA 2014 | Apr 29, 2014
- Day bus to Lisbon After segovia on Saturday, we ate at home again. That was lots of bee hoon, and AM's philipino macaroni!! Haven't had that in ages. Will make sure I cook it in Hamburg, it's an easy one pot meal. Crazy though, Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 24, 2014
- El Clasico We found out on Friday night about the El Clasico match between Real Madrid and Barcelona, in Bernabeu itself while we are in Madrid! The stadium is only like ten minutes away on foot?
So on Sunday (today) afternoon, the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 23, 2014
- Sol y Luna Let me post this before I fall asleep on the spot.
Where did I last stop? I think before we left for the bus station in barca.
DB and I had two cheeseburgers each for dinner, while hungry TZ had Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 22, 2014
- Quick stop in Zaragoza! then on to MADRID.
Friday 25th October 13 (day 55)
Not a good start to the day, the elastic on my Keen sandal wore thru! bugger!
I was up on the street look Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Nov 1, 2013
- An Art Education in MadridWith Wifi on the bus to Madrid, I was able to take a look at a map of the city to see where I should look for a hotel. On arrival, I exited the bus into a large station with Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 30, 2013
- NEW tripEverybody asked me if I was going to report my trip on a travel blog again, like the last time I wandered around a foreigner continent for months on end. But let’s face it: the only one who diligently reads Posted by LaPoderosa in La Poderosa | Apr 23, 2013
- 5 things to do in Madrid
Madrid definitely have a very interesting cultural offer. Starting with the two main museums of the city: El Prado and Reina Sofia, which are two of the mo Posted by slowwalker in Keep walking! | Apr 16, 2013
- MadridMadrid lived up to everything people say about it. The people are amazing, the food is great, and the nightlife really is the best. It’s the most lively city we’ve been to, with people out on the streets and in Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Mar 15, 2013
- Madrid OfferingsWe have extended our stay in Madrid to six days to allow Hannah a full recovery. We would have considered staying a bit longer but we have a place booked in southern Portugal. We originally wanted to take side trips Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 5, 2012
- Healthier in MadridAs I woke up on the first day of December, something felt different... I was well! Yes, it was a miracle. I didn't feel sick, but I did feel quite hungry. After all, I hadn't eaten much more than a Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 2, 2012
- Managing in MadridWe tucked the kids in last night, hoping for better health for them today. However, that was not to be. At 2 AM, we were visited by one who needed comfort and attention, only to discover the other was now Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Nov 30, 2012
- Travelling to MadridToday was a travel day from Bilbao to Madrid. It was pouring in Bilbao when we left. We were able to get to Madrid on a route that avoided toll roads which is a fair accomplishment in these parts. It Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Nov 28, 2012
- MadridThe Lufthansa flight which we managerd to catch at the last minute, landed at Madrid - well past what we in India call as decent hours. It was 11.55 pm when the flight landed. The airport was not exactly bubbling, Posted by Arunava in Spain | Jun 4, 2012
- How do I Start ?Tickets - Qatar Airways for 1st June'12. Its a long haul. The hour-and-a-half wait at Doha would fly; assuming that I have to change terminals. We fly to Frankfurt & then the day after - the Lan Airlines flight to Posted by Arunava in Spain | May 24, 2012
- Berlin, and the (non)value of moneyToday's lesson: Danielle can't think in euros.
Although I theoretically understand the concept that 1euro<>1USD, I can't wrap my brain around the value of a euro. In the US, I know approximately how much a dollar can get me Posted by girlinmadrid in Girl in Madrid | Mar 27, 2012
- A sprained ankle storyDealing with health issues in a foreign country can be overwhelming, especially when you don’t speak the native language fluently. As I told my Spanish roommate, "Me sentía impotente"--I felt helpless.
The long/sad part of the story: I re-sprained my a Posted by girlinmadrid in Girl in Madrid | Mar 21, 2012
- Tapas at Cava Baja, the famous tapas streetMy friend Kathleen ('Katclar') is visiting me this weekend from Italy, where she's been living for the past nine months. It's her first time to Spain, and we decided we had two key goals: 1) eat EVERYTHING delicious and 2) Posted by girlinmadrid in Girl in Madrid | Mar 17, 2012
- MadridSo tonight is our last night in Madrid, I will definitely be sad to see it go.
We have had such a great time here, whether we were wandering through one of the world class museums (Prado, Reina Sofia) or Posted by bryanschnugg in A Schnugg's Life | Mar 12, 2012
- Granada a Córdoba a MadridIt's not every day that you go on a walking tour in a major european city and find yourself wandering around a neighborhood comprised solely of gypsy caves, but it's also not every day that you stay in a hippie Posted by bryanschnugg in A Schnugg's Life | Mar 8, 2012
- Back from MadridHi there!
Yesterday I've returned from Madrid. This city is not only the capital of Spain. Is also, the financial and political center of Spain. ===The population of the city is roughly 3.3 millionand the entire population of the Madrid metropolitan Posted by danics in World Away | Mar 5, 2012