- Stop 6 - SandakanOut of the jungle and into the Sheraton - feeling somewhat human again!
The weather was miserable....again....seems to be following us everywhere. We stayed here for 3 days and I cant say that I felt all that safe during our stay. Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- Turtle IslandAbout a 40 minute boat ride from Sandakan lies three islands known as the turtle islands. Hawksbill and Green sea turtles come here to nest and there is a wonderful program in place to assist the breeding habits of these Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- Sepilok - Orang-utans and Sun BearsAbout a 15 minute walk from Uncle Tans base camp is the Sepilok Orang-utan and Sun Bear sanctuaries. It is a bit pricey to get into each place but worth doing both in one day. We made the mistake of Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- Stop 5 - Uncle Tans Wildlife CampAfter a quick flight from KK to Sandakan we were off to Uncle Tans wildlife camp on the Kinabatugan River for a 3 day / 2 night package.
To get there it was a drive from Sepilok and a boat ride. Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 17, 2017
- Stop 4 - Kota KinabaluFor a mountain that is sooo high you would think you could see it from miles around but due to the overcast weather it was not visible.
Our first day was a trip out to Sapi, a little island off Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 17, 2017
- Stop 3 - PenangDear Penang.
I don't like you.
For all the rave reviews I have heard about Penang I think it was too built up in my head. I did not enjoy this place at all. The heat was suffocating and made for Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 16, 2017
- Stop 2 - Cameron HighlandsAfter a wonderful time in KL we then headed to the Cameron Highlands. To get there it is a 3 hour bus ride on some very, very windy roads. I would recommend anti-nausea tablets if you suffer from motion sickness.
My Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 16, 2017
- Stop 1 - Kuala LumpurAfter many delays at Melbourne airport we finally arrived at our first destination - Kuala Lumpur!!
This is the third time Adam and I have visited KL but our first time staying more than one day. I do love this Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 16, 2017
- Up in the treesPetronas Towers didn’t really feel like us. The high-priced malls that we kept finding ourselves in didn’t really feel like us. But the peeling colonial-era Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM)—that felt just like us.
On the edge of the Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Feb 15, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur, Malasie
On a arriver au Kuala Lumpur, Malaisie sur Vendredi a 4:30 et on Aller a notre Hotel. Le Hotel est beau et a une piscine sur Le troit.
Sur samedi, on a Aller Au les "Petro Posted by Kai T S in The Big Trip/La Voyage Grande | Feb 12, 2017
- Welcome to MalaysiaHello from Kuala Lumpur. I should probably greet you in Malay, but one of our first gleanings is how utterly English this city is. No one has struggled to understand us yet, so consequently we haven't bothered to learn any Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Shopping och två balla torn i Kuala LumpurDet var tur att vi skulle träffa Kjell och Monica efter KL, och att dom var vänliga att ta med sig hem en extra inköpt väska åt oss. Shopping var nämligen i världsklass (tror jag) i Kuala Lumpur.
Familjen är Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 30, 2017
- LangkawiSo, Langkawi is amazing! We arrived around 5pm and got a taxi to our hostel. The taxi driver was strange. After agreeing a price, he drove out of the airport and pulled up to explained that he wasn't sure where Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 22, 2017
- Jetlagged KL StopoverThe Air Asia flight to Kuala Lumpur was brutal - not because of Air Asia, the plane and crew were fine, but because of the timing of the flight. I left Auckland at, I think, 8:30 in the evening and Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 19, 2017
- Penang Penang is a great place to visit for a short time. We were told to visit Penang because it is very popular with tourists. We are after all different kinds of experiences on this journey of ours. Yes, we want Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 18, 2017
Penang we viewed from the sea, and what we saw we liked. We couldn't pull into port, so the ship anchored at sea and we were taken in by tender ( a lifeboat).
[img=h Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur [center][/center]
Actually, Kuala Lumpur hasn't a port, it is Port Klang where the ship docked. I had done some research so we could make the best of our time, that meant catching a taxi Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017
- Kuching, BorneoOur last stop in Borneo was Kuching, which means "cat." Being cat lovers, we enjoyed searching for the several cat sculptures around the city, and even visited the cat museum. Loic enjoyed it, but to me, it felt Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 7, 2017
- Day 14 - Last day in Malaysia
Today we had a free day, so after another leisurely start we decided to walk down to the centre along the river bank walk and
get a boat to tour the canals of the city.
We arrived early before they Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 6, 2017
- Day 13 - South to Melaka
Today we had a free morning relaxing and doing a bit of shopping in the Chinatown district before leaving to travel on to
the port city of Melaka and the famous Melaka Straits, once governed by the British as it Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 5, 2017
- Mulu national parkWe landed in the tiny town of Mulu to ring in the new year at Mulu National Park, known for its amazing caves and jungle trekking. The park is accessible only by plane or multi-day trek along the headhunter's Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 4, 2017
- Day 12 - KL and Petronas Towers
We opened the curtains of our hotel room to a spectacular view of both the KL and Petronas towers,
Given we were on the 2nd highest floor (14th), it made a nice change to a view of a brick wall Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 4, 2017
- Day 11 - K L
Today we left Penang for a long drive on a local bus to the cosmopolitan capital of Kuala Lumpur.
After another night out in Penang, dodging the first real rain of the holiday and the numerous Rats ! we Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 4, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia We will start by saying that we both seriously loved Kuala Lumpur! There isn't much not to love here. We arrived here on 23rd December, at about 5am and had decided to kill some time in the airport so that Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 2, 2017
- Diving at Kapalai, Mabul and Sipadan
We flew to the Malaysian side of Borneo and began with a few days of diving. Day 1 we dove at two sights near the island of Mabul, where we are stayin Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 2, 2017