- Kuala Lumpur AirportAs I disembarked from the plane, I was looking for signs directing me to immigration and luggage claim – I saw signs but I couldn’t understand what they were meant – it took me awhile to twig that it was Posted by Where2next in The journey has begun | May 15, 2013
- Penang ArrivalPenang. A real city again, with skyscrapers and proper buses and everything. Chris already misses the beach, though we just spent 4 weeks in the sand. We walk around in a daze of smells, alternatingly tantalizing and putrid. Dazed walking Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Apr 14, 2013
- Passing ThroughWe're stuck for 2.5 hours in this nameless Malaysian border town. Chris is all nervousness, so I sent him off to explore. He is best at that--he'll find something good to eat, something interesting to report. You could tell he Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Apr 13, 2013
- Homeward BoundToday's entry comes to you sponsored by Malaysian airlines. Fortunately we had a late checkout already organised, thank you Tina. Time to spend the morning lolling around in the pool and a leisurely lunch, shower and 2.15 pickup Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | May 4, 2013
- Day XVII (Part One): BorderI always expected that Thailand would be a bit of a culture shock, especially after laid-back Malaysia and upmarket Singapore. Lying here reflecting on the day's events after several beers, fits of laughter, a live guitar performance and a meeting Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | May 3, 2013
- Penang HeatThey say only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun....well add, Australians. We decided to give the par 3 golf course a go and were surprised there was no waiting, of course not, it was 34 Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | May 3, 2013
- Penang Day 2Should explain that our hotel is at Batu Ferringii, a beach area about 35 to 40 minutes drive north if the capital Georgetown. (The time depends on the driver). In some ways it reminds us of the Cook Highway north Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | May 2, 2013
- Day XVI: Solo once moreI've invented a new drinking game: sink one shot for every time a Lonely Planet guide describes somewhere as a "jumping-off point". Playing whilst reading Southeast Asia on a Shoestring from cover to cover would put anyone in hospital, and Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | May 2, 2013
- Tanha Rata – Mit neuem Mut durch den TeeIch bin wieder aufrecht, der Rücken gestreckt, mit Zielen vor Augen. Ich erinnere mich an das Mantra aus Kathmandu, nur voran, blicke nicht abwärts es schallt vom Zurück, mit Leichtigkeit entschwinde ich. Es regnet.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 2, 2013
- Day XV: G-TownI really like this hostel. It reminds me of a 1940s steamboat in many ways, particularly with the wooden deck balcony that runs along outside of the rooms and the little pod beds. Along with the heat I can imagine Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | May 1, 2013
- PenangTonight's entry is bought to you by Ian. You see each night he does the journal entry as he knows all the facts and names, while I do the blog. Tonight I thought I would just Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | May 1, 2013
- Tanha Rata –EntscheidungenDie Reise hat ein Problem, die arme Reise, wäre ich nur nicht so sehr involviert. Der Reise geht das Geld aus und ich kann ihr nichts mehr geben. Beinahe planmäßig und doch ein paar Wochen zu früh.
Ich liege schon Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Apr 30, 2013
- Day XIV: Coast to CoastI was on the beach for sunrise, camera poised. It was awesome. Once again, it felt like I was the only soul on the island and I sat watching the orange orb rise into the sky smiling to myself.
My peace Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 30, 2013
- Day XIII: Beached AsToday I woke up on a tropical island.
At 7am I was woken by the sound of the generator switching off, which in turn shut off the fan and prompted me to grab a pair of swimshorts and leave the room. Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 30, 2013
- Day XII: All downhill...NB: Don't leave Cameron Highlands on a Sunday. It is truly a wonderful part of the world and part of its charm is the roadside market culture, but if you want a stress-free stay you should avoid travelling on the Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 30, 2013
- KK to PenangA short entry today, as we have been in transit again. Left Traders in KL at 8.00 for a flight at 11.15.am. The airport is 60 kms out of the city. Under an hour in the air then another Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 30, 2013
- KL On Foot And BusDay began with yet another yummy breakfast, then we made the decision to go shopping! For those of you that know us well, you will know that this was not a wise decision. We are not good at it. Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 29, 2013
- Out and About In KLOur day started with the shuttle, that takes you from our hotel to the base of the Petronas Towers - not too far but it was hot and humid already by just after nine.
Cau Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 28, 2013
- MALAYSIA=== Nachdem wir auf Koh Tao tauchen gelernt haben, verliessen wir Thailand in einem Nachtzug Richtung Malaysia. Schon im Zug bemerkten wir, dass Malaysia ein Land im Aufbruch ist: überall wird gebaut, neue Strassen, neue Häuser etc. Die Strassen sind Posted by alejandrajoel in Asian Adventure | Apr 28, 2013
- Day XI (Saturday): JungleMy first beer of the trip was wonderful for a number of reasons. Last night H & I came very close to booking a bus to the Perhentian Islands which would have left this morning at 10am. It was one of Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 27, 2013
- Eat Pray Love TourWhilst perusing Trip Advisor one day I found reviews of a walking tour of KL called Eat, Pray, Love. Thought it sounded a good way to understand a little of the area and it's culture. Booked in from home Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 27, 2013
- MalaysiaWe are nearing the end of our trip around Asia, currently in Melaka in Southern Malaysia before heading to Singapore in 2 days time for our flight out to Australia. We have had a fantastic couple of weeks travelling through Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Apr 27, 2013
- #2 Malaysia
as promised, this entry will be about Malaysia. It will be a little longer because I’m behind in writing the Blog. So all 3 weeks of “Malaysia truly Asia” experie Posted by migrationbirds in On the road to Mongolia | Apr 26, 2013
- Day Ten: High Tea!What a great day! Mountain air does wonders for the soul :) It didn't start so well, I slept on a solid wooden board with a sheet and then woke up to discover that my big bottle of travel wash Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 26, 2013
- Labuan IslandToday, we have undertaken an incredibly emotional journey. I truly didn’t think, I would feel it so much.
Arrived at the airport just after 7 for a 9 am flight, to be told it was cancelled and were Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 26, 2013