- A quick hop to Singapore and Malaysia
As our Indonesian visa (1 month on arrival) is about to expire, we grab a cheap flight to Singapore. We've got several weeks to kill before going back to Sulawesi to follow the most un Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Mar 27, 2017
- Perhenthian island from KLBack in Asia after 2 years, well it feels very good.
This time we both have jobs in London so the vacations were for 10 days only.
How to get to Perhenthian island ?
From KL, we decided to take a flight to Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Mar 26, 2017
- Stop 5 - Uncle Tans Wildlife Camp Videos Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Mar 22, 2017
- Sepilok - Orang-utans and Sun Bears Videos Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Mar 22, 2017
- Temple in MelakaI’m not an expert in Chinese culture or religion, but as I understand it Chinese temples are hugely eclectic. They host Buddha, display Taoist figures and any other mythical figures and animals that can contribute to the luck, wealth, long Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 21, 2017
- MelakaMelaka is a big city with a small historical centre. The latter is a mix of nice views and tourist crap, quite comparable to Chiang Mai for that. And just as with Chiang Mai the pictures show just one side Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 21, 2017
- A nice place but hard to reachTake a taxi to the bus station (10’)
Take a bus to immigration (20’)
Take a line at the immigration hall and spend 45’ watching the queue in front moving towards the immigration officer. Get a stamp.
Get a bus to the next Posted by jefvincent in not the end of the road | Mar 21, 2017
- Carry Out Orbing and Zorbing Activities when in Kuala LumpurA joyful, usually a family friendly recreational activity, zorbing is a quirky experience where you get to roll inside an inflated, transparent plastic ball (about 10ft in diameter) called an orb. Also called orbing, globe-riding and sphere-ing, the ‘spor Posted by discovermaly in TRAVEL MALAYSIA | Mar 15, 2017
- KL StopoverFlight out of Adelaide was at 9.30 so not too early a start. Best thing was the plane was only a quarter full so managed to snag 4 middle seats and stretch out for most of the 7 hour flight. Posted by liamwimbo in KL Stopover | Mar 9, 2017
- Stop 6 - SandakanOut of the jungle and into the Sheraton - feeling somewhat human again!
The weather was miserable....again....seems to be following us everywhere. We stayed here for 3 days and I cant say that I felt all that safe during our stay. Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- Turtle IslandAbout a 40 minute boat ride from Sandakan lies three islands known as the turtle islands. Hawksbill and Green sea turtles come here to nest and there is a wonderful program in place to assist the breeding habits of these Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- Sepilok - Orang-utans and Sun BearsAbout a 15 minute walk from Uncle Tans base camp is the Sepilok Orang-utan and Sun Bear sanctuaries. It is a bit pricey to get into each place but worth doing both in one day. We made the mistake of Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- Stop 5 - Uncle Tans Wildlife CampAfter a quick flight from KK to Sandakan we were off to Uncle Tans wildlife camp on the Kinabatugan River for a 3 day / 2 night package.
To get there it was a drive from Sepilok and a boat ride. Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 17, 2017
- Stop 4 - Kota KinabaluFor a mountain that is sooo high you would think you could see it from miles around but due to the overcast weather it was not visible.
Our first day was a trip out to Sapi, a little island off Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 17, 2017
- Stop 3 - PenangDear Penang.
I don't like you.
For all the rave reviews I have heard about Penang I think it was too built up in my head. I did not enjoy this place at all. The heat was suffocating and made for Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 16, 2017
- Stop 2 - Cameron HighlandsAfter a wonderful time in KL we then headed to the Cameron Highlands. To get there it is a 3 hour bus ride on some very, very windy roads. I would recommend anti-nausea tablets if you suffer from motion sickness.
My Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 16, 2017
- Stop 1 - Kuala LumpurAfter many delays at Melbourne airport we finally arrived at our first destination - Kuala Lumpur!!
This is the third time Adam and I have visited KL but our first time staying more than one day. I do love this Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 16, 2017
- Up in the treesPetronas Towers didn’t really feel like us. The high-priced malls that we kept finding ourselves in didn’t really feel like us. But the peeling colonial-era Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM)—that felt just like us.
On the edge of the Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Feb 15, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur, Malasie
On a arriver au Kuala Lumpur, Malaisie sur Vendredi a 4:30 et on Aller a notre Hotel. Le Hotel est beau et a une piscine sur Le troit.
Sur samedi, on a Aller Au les "Petro Posted by Kai T S in The Big Trip/La Voyage Grande | Feb 12, 2017
- Welcome to MalaysiaHello from Kuala Lumpur. I should probably greet you in Malay, but one of our first gleanings is how utterly English this city is. No one has struggled to understand us yet, so consequently we haven't bothered to learn any Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Shopping och två balla torn i Kuala LumpurDet var tur att vi skulle träffa Kjell och Monica efter KL, och att dom var vänliga att ta med sig hem en extra inköpt väska åt oss. Shopping var nämligen i världsklass (tror jag) i Kuala Lumpur.
Familjen är Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 30, 2017
- LangkawiSo, Langkawi is amazing! We arrived around 5pm and got a taxi to our hostel. The taxi driver was strange. After agreeing a price, he drove out of the airport and pulled up to explained that he wasn't sure where Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 22, 2017
- Jetlagged KL StopoverThe Air Asia flight to Kuala Lumpur was brutal - not because of Air Asia, the plane and crew were fine, but because of the timing of the flight. I left Auckland at, I think, 8:30 in the evening and Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 19, 2017
- Penang Penang is a great place to visit for a short time. We were told to visit Penang because it is very popular with tourists. We are after all different kinds of experiences on this journey of ours. Yes, we want Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 18, 2017
Penang we viewed from the sea, and what we saw we liked. We couldn't pull into port, so the ship anchored at sea and we were taken in by tender ( a lifeboat).
[img=h Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017