- Another half day, in ButterworthOne thing we have learnt from this trip, as everyone has advised us, is that you never have enough time anywhere. We have all agreed that this trip is a taster and there are places we would love to return Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 22, 2014
- A Train Spotters Guide (part 8) - Malaysian TrainsSTAGE 1 - Wednesday 17th December - Hat Yai to Butterworth. Fare 332 Baht (£6.64) each.
At Hat Yai we are faced with a new challenge which is to get to the ticket office and purchase tickets for the next leg Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 18, 2014
- Kuala LumpurThe bus ride from George town was very nice and comfortable and when we arrived at KL center it was very easy to by voucher for a taxi to bring us to the hotel.
The next day I was very eager Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 13, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur
KL Trip (4 Dec – 7 Dec)
We took the transtar coach to Kuala Lumpur, cost us about SGD 59 each under the solitaire category,. Very nice recline leather seats. Monitor with quite updated movies, ranging from English to Hindi movies. Posted by Hazlinda in Travelling | Dec 11, 2014
- George townAfter traveling for 7 hours from Hat Yai we were finally let off from the mini-van in George town, it was raining and I took care of the luggage while Hank walked away to find an ATM. I talked with Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 10, 2014
- Pulau LangkawiOur Thailand island hopping adventure had come to an end but there was still one island hop to go. This time it was a proper hop with no visit back to the mainland required.
As Sarah had been up all night Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Nov 24, 2014
- First taste of MalaysiaI left Koh Phangan not because I wanted to (I could have stayed forever....), but because I had to... My thai visa had expired. I caught a very early morning boat/bus combo to take me all the way to Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Aug 21, 2014
- Borneo 'Lite'[center][/center]
Borneo. Visions of virgin tropical rainforest, swampy, steamy jungle, headhunter Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Nov 8, 2014
- Borneo - Sepilok and Kota KinabaluIt's time for another map update. You can see the route we took from Guilin to Hong Kong, down to Northern Thailand before travelling further south to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and finally east to Borneo. Apparently we've travelled 21,692km so Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 17, 2014
- Borneo - Tawau & SempornaOur stopover in Tawau was fine, it’s a very small town and there isn’t anything really to attract tourists (aside from the airport hub). Seafood is one of their specialities though so we joined the locals at a seafood market Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 12, 2014
- JAKARTA - INDONESIAAfter my 5 days in Borneo, I flew to Jakarta, Indonesia. Jakarta was just supposed to be a one night thing before heading to Yogyakarta to see Borobudur (one of the top things I came to Indonesia to see), but Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- DAMAI BEACH, BORNEO - MALAYSIAI was staying in Kuching, and the nearest beach I could find was Damai Beach, approx 30-40min via taxi. I'm sure there was a bus, but I have no patience for that. The taxi was 120 Ringgit roundtrip, which is Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- BAKO NATIONAL PARK, BORNEO - MALAYSIAWell, today sucked, but was awesome all at the same time. My number one reason for choosing to travel to Borneo was to see orangutans & proboscis monkeys in the wild.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508675/large_82EAEDDEFC4D90EA151F594DA007899B.j Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 9, 2014
- KUCHING, BORNEO - MALAYSIAAfter a week of traveling all around Bali, Indonesia I flew to Borneo. Where the heck is Borneo you ask? Its right above Indonesia. Its that big island on the map. Its made up of 3 countries. Mostly Indonesia, part Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 9, 2014
- Kuala LumpurIt’s Wednesday afternoon, and I’m writing this entry on a flight heading east to the island of Borneo, the Malaysian side in a region called Sabah. There are two kids screaming behind us and kicking our chairs whenever they feel Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 8, 2014
- Roaming around in Kuala LumpurWe spent the next 2 days in Kuala Lumpur, checking out the city by train and occasionally, monorail. Kuala Lumpur has an efficient urban train network and covers the city well.
We are ready to go..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/453858/KL_Da Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Sep 28, 2014
- Being kids @ Genting HighlandsGenting Highlands or Resorts World Genting is a resort cum theme park located on a hill (5000 ft +) within the Titiwangsa mountains, around 1 hour by bus from Kuala Lumpur.
We didn't plan to stay overnight at the themed hotels Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Sep 28, 2014
- A short stop in the civilization / Zastavka v civilizacii
Singapore, a small insular state on the tip of the Malay peninsula with a population of Posted by zuzana.zav in Are we there yet? | Sep 14, 2014
- Menara - Kuala Lumpur Tower==Menara - Kuala Lumpur Tower==
On day 2, returning from the Batu caves, we proceeded straight to the Kuala Lumpur tower, locally known as Menara. This is a radio/TV tower constructed in the mid nineties, rising 421 metres from the ground Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Sep 14, 2014
- Batu Caves==Batu Caves - Kuala Lumpur==
We arrived at KL late evening by flight from Siem Reap and stayed at Sunway Putra near PWTC. Nice hotel it was..plus one to it and we got a free upgrade too..another plus one. KL has Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Sep 14, 2014
- BASE CAMPFriday:
After posting the first blog entry at 2am on Friday morning, we went back to sleep eventually and woke up at midday, having totally missed breakfast, and half of Friday. Oops.
Got ourselves up and out into the heat of Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Sep 13, 2014
- EXIT STRATEGY13 hours on a plane (with no stop) is a big enough ask for any adult, let alone a 3 1/2 year old, so it is fair to say that we were prepared for a potential meltdown or two en-route Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Mount KinabaluI just came back from climbing the highest mountain in Malaysia, Mountain Kinabalu in Sabah. This was my second attempt to climb to the highest peak of the mountain and with lots of help from my mountain guide, Mr Suhaldin, Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Jul 19, 2014
- Northeast MalaysiaWith effectively five weeks between university semesters (due to some shrewd timetabling), I decided to exploit cheap AirAsia deals to travel to Indonesia in June and July. I vacationed in Bali in 1999 for Mum’s 40th birthday, yet I have Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Jul 19, 2014
- Kaula Lumpur – an interludeWe were offered a free stopover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia en route to Vietnam, and we've never been ones to say no to free!
Many thanks to Olivia's cousin Kate for all the scoop on what to do in KL Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 14, 2014