- Day 76-79 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
We left Koh Tao via an over night ferry in the hope that the sea would be alot calmer than on our way in- and to save on a nights accommodation. It was actually alright. We paid Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 3, 2014
- Adventures of Borneo!Just arrived back in Macao after a week long adventure in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo with 2 amazing friends from Australia. No amount of pre-trip planning could have really prepared us for all the adventures we would have over the week. Posted by kaitlynmitchell in Friendship, Adventure, Discovery | Jan 3, 2014
- Muar JohorWith a group of friends, we departed to Muar, the lovely hometown of a friend in Johor.
Her hometown was actually in Kundang Ulu, about 45 minutes drive from Muar town. Although having to wake up early in the morning, all Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Sep 1, 2013
- Tanah Rata, MalaysiaMaking our way to the Cameron Highlands took the better part of the day, with a long hot layover in the scuzzy bus station of Ipoh.The town of Tanah Rata is not particularly picturesque, despite it lovely surroundings. They Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 1, 2014
- Palau Pangkor, MalaysiaFollowing Malacca we took a bus back to KL and then on to Lumut, where we caught the ferry to Palau Pangkor, a small island on the Straights of Malacca.
We stayed at the Anjungan Resort, the most expensive Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 30, 2013
- Day 10 - The Hot ZoneWe caught a cab to Penang airport and flew to Kuala Lumpur airport, where we had a few hours to wait around. There was this cute little area with couches and TVs called the ‘movie lounge’ where we managed to Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 29, 2013
- MalaccaArrived in Kualu Lumpur, or KL as everyone calls it, and then on to Malacca the next day to meet our good friends from home, Bill and Debbie. Malacca was hot and touristy, though mostly with non-western tourists. There Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 28, 2013
- Asia. It's a wrap!Number of days in each country:
Laos - 7
Vietnam - 10
Cambodia - 5
Thailand - 36
Malaysia - 17
Hong Kong - 3
Total days - 78 (or 11 weeks and 1 day)
Total miles travelled:
12,106... give or take!
[b]Average miles per Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 27, 2013
- Day 8 (PM) - Uneasy in PenangWe had a great flight into Penang - Justin was very happy with the plane. We arrived at the hotel, which is a boutique hotel called Noordin Mews, on the edge of Georgetown as the sun was going down. We Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 27, 2013
- Exploring KLKL was a sort of middle of the road place for us. It neither blew us away nor did we have a bad time here. We arrived lugging our bags in the rain and it was mostly grey and cloudy Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 25, 2013
- MERRY CHRISTMAS!Merry Christmas to all of our friends and family - we love you all, and thank you for following along with our overseas adventures. At the moment we are sitting in Kuala Lumpur airport, waiting to fly to Beijing. xx Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 25, 2013
- Cameron Highlands[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Malaysia/|Malaysia photos]]
Between visiting the culinary heavens of Melaka and Penang, I stopped in the Cameron Highlands to dabble in a spot of exercise. The Cameron Highlands are Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Dec 23, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Malaysia/|Malaysia photos]]
Arriving in downtown Kuala Lumpur was such a relief. “I am back in the developed world! Hooray!!!” Steel-and-glass skyscrapers, neon lights, English adve Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Dec 23, 2013
- Boom boom Malacca lacca boom!Ever since we decided to go to Malacca (more commonly spelt Melaka) we've had this song in our heads, we thought we'd mention so you can have it resonate in yours. Consider it our gift. (If you haven't got a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 20, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (3rd - 6th December)We arrived in Kuala Lumpur quite early, so stopped off for breakfast on our way to the hotel. I’m pleased we did, as the check-in experience was strange enough as it was – if we’d also had empty stomachs and Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 19, 2013
- Malacca, MalaysiaWe had already done a reckie of the bus station during our time in KL as we new it was roughly 15KM outside of the city and were worried about getting lost and missing our bus to Melaka, so knew Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 23, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAfter our somewhat interesting time in Penang and having to say goodbye to our beautiful hotel for Nick’s (belated) birthday celebrations we were on the bus bound for Kuala Lumpur.
Roughly 4 hours later we arrived just after dark Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 21, 2013
- Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia (1st - 2nd December)Georgetown was really just a stopover between Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur. We were only there for about 24 hours, as it's not that exciting, but we had a decent time.
We stayed at Red Inn Court, which was walkable from Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 17, 2013
- Langkawi, Malaysia (27th November - 1st December)We arrived on the island of Langkawi and took a taxi to our hotel - the delightfully Twin Peaks evokingly titled White Lodge. We had a room to ourselves, so with a double bed and a single bed. It was Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 17, 2013
- What's it really like, this travelling melarky?Thought I might do more of a 'how are we finding it' entry than a review of a place for a change.
So, we're a quarter of the way through our 9 month adventure. Blimey! Our UK life seems like a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 3, 2013
- High tea in the Cameron HighlandsIt took about 4.5 hours on a minibus to reach the Cameron Highlands from George Town. Travel is extremely cheap here, the journey only cost £8 each.
As we climbed we had fantastic views of the vast forested hills. It was Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 1, 2013
- And a new entry straight in at no 1... George Town, PenangWhen I say number 1, I suppose I'm talking about towns/cities. It's really difficult to have favourites overall as nothing compares to the majesty of Angkor Wat or the natural beauty of Halong Bay's formations. But when it comes to Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 30, 2013
- Langkawi - the good, the bad and the uglyLang means "eagle" and kawi means "reddish brown", more succintly Langkawi means "red eagle". Although it's actually named after the Brahminy Kite, not an eagle at all. So now you know.
[img=ht Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 27, 2013
- Forest Cacophony After a 20 minute flight we made it to Gunung Mulu National Park, named for the imposing mountain at its centre. The park is a UNESCO World Heritage site near to the Sarawak/Brunei border and is most famous for its Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Nov 26, 2013
- Georgetown, PenangSadly, all too soon, the time had come to leave Langkawi and catch our ferry to Georgetown, Penang. Nick was desperate to stay longer but it didn't work with either our timings or our budget ([[http://nick-n-charlie.travellerspoint.com/70/|Langkawi ]] was Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 17, 2013