- Langkawi: The Jewel of Kedah
[img=http://pho Posted by gobannanas in Sue & Ed Go Bananas in South East Asia | Mar 17, 2013
- A WALK IN THE PARKThe bus journey to Semporna, the archipelego paradise of Sabah (Malaysian owned Northern province of Borneo) was scenic, comfortable although nothing too eventfull. That was until the man with full barraclava, machine gun, oh yes and sunglasses, jumped o Posted by gavinbose in All YOU CAN SEE ASIAN BUFFET | Apr 16, 2013
- Tanha Rata – Prinzessinnenohren in der BesenkammerIch habe mich heute mit einem neuen Satz Kopfhören zum Billigstpreis beschenkt. Das Problem mit diesen Innenohrhörern ist, dass sie sehr schnell den Geist aufgeben und man verzweifelt an den Kabel zerrt um noch einen Ton herauszuquetschen. Da man mit Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Apr 12, 2013
- Back in KLSomehow despite all the downtime we d had recently we still hadn't really planned what we were going to do in Indonesia. Where would we start, where would we go, and we needed to go there soon to make the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 11, 2013
- We found heaven!As we hopped off the boat to make our way onto the beach we were hit with a release of excitement as we really felt as if we had found a real gem. The water was crystal clear as the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 9, 2013
- An Epic Malaysian Grand Prix WeekendThanks to my three alarms and my mother leaving a missed call on my phone there was no way in hell I was going to wake up later than 07:05 even if I was still runnng the risk of missing Posted by antony25 in Escaping the Rock | Apr 7, 2013
- From west to eastLangkawi had been lovely but hadn't quite hit the mark for us.
Still keen for an island escape we decided to try out the Perhentian Islands. Several of our friends had raved about them, in particular the smaller of the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 6, 2013
- Don't be square...When we found out that Langkawi Island was only 3 hours away from Penang by ferry we thought "why not?!"
We d sorted our tickets out the day before and were up with the sun to welcome in the day and Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 6, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur - Kleines Zimmer, große TürmeZeit für ein neues Land, vielleicht ein billigeres. Diesmal vollziehe ich den Grenzübergang zu Fuß. Ich nehme den Expressbus für 2€, der nicht weit von meinem Hostel startet und werde an einem Terminal, das stark an Flughafen erinnert, ausgeladen.
Es Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Apr 6, 2013
- Time to rediscover.....We decided that in order to rediscover a little bit more of our own adventure we needed to see more of the Penisular of Malaysia and try to find out more about it as a country. We decided we had Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Apr 5, 2013
- Stopover in Kuala LumpurWow! We are finally off and away. Left onetime from Melbourne and arrived here about 11.30pm after an 8 hour flight. Really, really love business class. We could have put the kids at our feet there was so Posted by 40thAnniversary in Lynne & Ian's 40th Anniversary | Apr 4, 2013
- The Journey SouthSo where were we? Ah yes, the bus journey from hell. Technically, it started with a night boat, which we were encouraged to take because "it has beds and you'll be able to sleep". It turned out the word Posted by kate1401 in The World Ahead | Mar 31, 2013
- Cat CityBack on a tiny plane and waved goodbye to Mulu as we headed to Sarawak's capital Kuching.
Although the views from the plane was all I really saw of Mulu national pa Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 29, 2013
We arrived in Georgetown late at night, after a long 12 hour journey that involved a very bumpy speedboat ride and a mini bus driver who appeared to have Tourettes. The first indication that we were going to like this Posted by ShaunYardley in Planes, trains & the occasional tuk-tuk | Mar 28, 2013
- Mulu National ParkRelieved that we had made it out of the danger zone we could start to look ahead and get excited about Mulu National Park, which would mean leaving Sabah and moving into Sarawak. In order to do this from Kota Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 26, 2013
- Bye-bye BorneoOur original “big trip” plan included a few days to climb Mount Kinabalu, at 4095m the highest mountain in Malaysia. However, the company that controls the mountain makes it very hard to climb independently, and organised packages were very expensive. Posted by ClareAndTom in Just a big holiday | Mar 23, 2013
- Gimme some fin...noggin'...Dude!! Sea turtles are awesome!We shared a taxi with Theo and Kat back to Sandakan. After jungle living we all decided to treat ourselves to a couple of nights at Swiss Hotel, a decent bed, rain shower and sea view was exactly what the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 18, 2013
- King of the SwingersWe recouperated in KK, hobbling around like a couple of pensioners as our thighs and calves made it clear that they did not appreciate us putting them through hell. We had to keep moving though or we'd seize up so Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 14, 2013
- The Malay PeninsulaFor the past week we have been traveling along the Malay peninsula from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phuket and Sabang. As elsewhere in Asia, we have seen great contrasts on our journey: incense-filled temples next to soaring skyscrapers, Posted by HopeEakins in Sailing Around the World with TEDS | Mar 13, 2013
- SabangWe had never heard of Sabang, a town on Pulau Weh, the little island that marks the north west corner of Indonesia’s 300 mile width. Sabang is a 45 minute ferry ride across from Banda Aceh, Sumatra, noted for Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Mar 12, 2013
- Nothing is ImpossibleWe made our way out of Cameron Highlands catching the early morning bus that was bound for KL. Not before having a delicious breakfast of Roti. The trip back to KL was a little uncomfortable due to the winding roads Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 11, 2013
We are becoming more and more familiar with Malaysia and its blend of old and new, colonial and native - and its heat. Sightseeing in 90-100 degree weather is draining - and we confess to the occasional desire to Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Mar 11, 2013
- We're going to need some training.Having enjoyed our time in KL we decided we would head north and visit the Cameron Highlands to take in the cooler climate and also get some trekking in to get ready for Mount Kinabalu. We had read that the Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 11, 2013
- From a small island to a big city...What a difference a day makes!
After a getting the ferry and bus from Koh Tao to Krabi (having a lovely Massaman curry at Mr Krab-I restaurant) we flew to Kuala Lumpur and found ourselves staying here....
Crossroads hotel in Chow Kit, Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Mar 10, 2013
- HomilyHomily preached in Penang, Malaysia, on the Silver Whisper
on March 10, 2013, the Fourth Sunday of Lent
by The Reverend Hope Howlett Eakins
This afternoon in Penang, we saw a statue of Queen Victoria which narrowly escaped destruction by the Japanese Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Mar 10, 2013