- Hunger Games(Wrote this the other night...)
First, Shout out to Priority Pass because I was able to sit upstairs from my gate while all the parents had their million kids running and screaming off their energy (thankfully) downstairs.
There was a Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Jan 26, 2014
- Day 97-98 KL #2
We returned to KL after the jungle while we waited to hear from another workaway project. We attempted to say goodbye to Bronwyn and Miguel twice but ended up staying on the same floor in the KL hostel. A Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 25, 2014
- Day 92 - 96 Jungle
Okay so we signed up to 'workaway' and arranged to meet our first host at a train station on the outskirts of KL. This lead to a few worrying outbursts from me where I quizzed Dan what Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 24, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaKuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia, centrally positioned halfway down the Malaysian peninsula. So far we have only used it as a base, taking advantage of their low cost routes to Sabah and Brunei. We had a couple of Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 19, 2014
- Kota Kinabalu, SabahKota Kinabalu is located on the northern coast of Borneo. It is popular for its island hopping tours and more so for the gorgeous beach resort of Gaya Island.
We decided to visit here to do a Discovery Dive as Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 17, 2014
- Sandakan and the Orangutans! Sabah, BorneoWe left Brunei and landed in KL, where we spent the night in an airport hotel before taking a flight back to Borneo the following morning to Sandakan, Sabah. The simple reason for this somewhat convoluted route, similar to that Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 15, 2014
- Climbing Mt KinabaluWe started up the mountain at 7:30. it was just the two of us and our guide: Genius. We had to make it to Laban Rata by 10am, which was 6 Indonesian kilometers away, (they feel twice as long as Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Jan 15, 2014
- Around KinabaluSo, after Brunei we decided to head straight to Kinabalu instead of spending the night in KK. We got some good views of the mountain before dark, so we were a little excited about it.
The next day we decided Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Jan 15, 2014
- Day 87-91 Kuala Lumpur
We left the chilly Cameron Highlands behind and took a coach into Kuala Lumpur. A city full of shiny skyscrapers, real infrastructure and pristine shopping malls - it wasn't until Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 14, 2014
- Day 85 - 86 Cameron Highlands
Oh so this is what being cold feels like!
Luckily I got a pair of knock-off trainers in a night market in Ipoh just Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 10, 2014
- Day 83 - 84 Ipoh
Ipoh (ee-po) was a stop over town so we spent one day on a bus and the other looking around Kellies Castle.
Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 10, 2014
- Malaysian BorneoWe have just come back from a few days around and near Mt Kinabalu, a two to three hour drive from the city of Kota Kinabalu. At over 4000 meters, it is the highest peak in Southeast Asia. Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 9, 2014
- Ipoh, Perak, MalaysiaOur two hour early evening bus ride to Ipoh soon became a four hour journey, finishing at a bus station in the middle of nowhere shortly before 11pm. Local buses had finished and so we had to take a taxi Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 8, 2014
- Day 80 - 82 Langkawi
When backpacking on a budget you can't always get it right. Some days just won't be a success and you get bummed out. We booked a hotel online away from the beach, based on budget restric Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 8, 2014
- Georgetown, Pulau Penang, MalaysiaPulau Penang is the name of the island just off of the Malaysian peninsula and can be reached by travelling over the bridge from Butterworth on the mainland. Or, rather conveniently, you can take the three hour ferry direct from Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 7, 2014
- Langkawi, MalaysiaThe speedboat ride from Ko Lipe was literally like being on a rollercoaster for an hour, with added water sprays at regular intervals. We were very glad that not only had we saved money by taking the ferry between Lanta Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 5, 2014
- Day 76-79 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
We left Koh Tao via an over night ferry in the hope that the sea would be alot calmer than on our way in- and to save on a nights accommodation. It was actually alright. We paid Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Jan 3, 2014
- Adventures of Borneo!Just arrived back in Macao after a week long adventure in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo with 2 amazing friends from Australia. No amount of pre-trip planning could have really prepared us for all the adventures we would have over the week. Posted by kaitlynmitchell in Friendship, Adventure, Discovery | Jan 3, 2014
- Muar JohorWith a group of friends, we departed to Muar, the lovely hometown of a friend in Johor.
Her hometown was actually in Kundang Ulu, about 45 minutes drive from Muar town. Although having to wake up early in the morning, all Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Sep 1, 2013
- Tanah Rata, MalaysiaMaking our way to the Cameron Highlands took the better part of the day, with a long hot layover in the scuzzy bus station of Ipoh.The town of Tanah Rata is not particularly picturesque, despite it lovely surroundings. They Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 1, 2014
- Palau Pangkor, MalaysiaFollowing Malacca we took a bus back to KL and then on to Lumut, where we caught the ferry to Palau Pangkor, a small island on the Straights of Malacca.
We stayed at the Anjungan Resort, the most expensive Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 30, 2013
- Day 10 - The Hot ZoneWe caught a cab to Penang airport and flew to Kuala Lumpur airport, where we had a few hours to wait around. There was this cute little area with couches and TVs called the ‘movie lounge’ where we managed to Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 29, 2013
- MalaccaArrived in Kualu Lumpur, or KL as everyone calls it, and then on to Malacca the next day to meet our good friends from home, Bill and Debbie. Malacca was hot and touristy, though mostly with non-western tourists. There Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 28, 2013
- Asia. It's a wrap!Number of days in each country:
Laos - 7
Vietnam - 10
Cambodia - 5
Thailand - 36
Malaysia - 17
Hong Kong - 3
Total days - 78 (or 11 weeks and 1 day)
Total miles travelled:
12,106... give or take!
[b]Average miles per Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 27, 2013
- Day 8 (PM) - Uneasy in PenangWe had a great flight into Penang - Justin was very happy with the plane. We arrived at the hotel, which is a boutique hotel called Noordin Mews, on the edge of Georgetown as the sun was going down. We Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 27, 2013