- Real mature!Apologies for the delay in blogs but I'll try and get a few done this week...
It was difficult departing the idyllic perhentian Islands alas a new adventure awaited in the capital. After catching our flight South we arrived Posted by Bernard.loughra in Nicola and Bernard's World Trip | Mar 27, 2015
- Georgetown, Penang
Georgetown was our last stop before hitting the beaches of Langkawi. The weather was blistering hot and the pace was slow.
We checked into Wassup Hostel, ready for our first night of sharin Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 26, 2015
- Kuala LumpurArriving in KL was bazaar! Where are the taxi drivers haggling at us? Where are the grimy toilets with no hygiene? The airport was a 'shopping mall -with airport'. Back to western living for a day!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/723709/20150319 Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Mar 22, 2015
- Last week in Malaysia (for now!)It took about a week, but we all managed to recover from the flu/virus and start to feel like doing anything again! Thanks very much to the lovely staff at the Fenix Inn for letting us stay in Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Mar 18, 2015
- Final chapter On the final day of this amazing holiday, we went by taxi to the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. As we had grown an affinity with birds we haven't seen before, both in New Zealand and Australia, we thought we Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Mar 18, 2015
- Feeling the cold in Cameron HighlandsFrom Ipoh, John and I headed from the local bus station out towards the Cameron Highlands. The road there wound through the mountains and jungle and was one of the most incredible roads yet. The higher we climbed into the Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Aug 24, 2014
- Earthly ParadiseThat is what Shangri La means, which is the name of our hotel here in Kuala Lumpur. If there is a better hotel anywhere in the world, we certainly haven't found it. But more of that later.
The flight Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Mar 17, 2015
- Why is that man videoing us?After debating the best way to get from Cambodia to Langkawi, an island off the west coast of Malaysia we opted to fly. Financially and time wise it seemed the best option so we set off for the airport on Posted by Bernard.loughra in Nicola and Bernard's World Trip | Mar 16, 2015
- Meet My Kids!I realized as of late, that I’ve been pretty generically referring to my students as simply “my kids” in most of my blog posts. However, that seemed to completely short change the 900+ amazing students at SMK Mengkarak who never Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Mar 15, 2015
- Lads on Tour: KL
Our two weeks travelling with friends, Sam, Tom and Rich, didn't quite get off to the best of starts. Rich hadn't made it onto the plane. I honestly couldn't believe it Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 11, 2015
- Pangkor, Malaysia
We'd got 6 days free before Jason's friends arrived in Kuala Lumpur. We'd debated scuba diving, trekking, visiting a different Malaysian city...in the end we opted to go to the beach for a few Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 11, 2015
- Kuala Lumpur 2, MalaysiaWe caught yet another plane from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur and arrived at our hotel late at night. Debbie had promised us a lie in in the morning...did we get it?...no! She was up and raring to go again.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/pho Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 9, 2015
- Melaka, MalaysiaWe arrived in Melaka after a 5 hour trip, which actually went surprisingly quickly. It helps when there's snacks and various electronic gadgets to occupy your time! The boys were great, they really do travel well!
We caught a Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Mar 9, 2015
- Langkawi, Malaysia
We had scheduled in some R&R time at the end of mum's trip and Langkawi was a perfect place for it. With flights back to KL costing £9, it was great knowing there'd be Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 8, 2015
- The Soccer Match from Hell (Or so it Began)Over the past two months (can’t believe how fast my time here is going, ahhh slow it down) there’s been a number of things in Malaysia that have made me scratch my head in confusion or raise my arms I Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Mar 8, 2015
- Feeling OldMany of you reading this blog are going to laugh at me for this post (largely because many of you reading this blog are significantly older than I am – what up family members and professors) but this past weekend Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Mar 5, 2015
- On The Run In BorneoNot from the law or anything that sinister, but two stories from my brief time in Borneo that lend themselves to this title...onto that shortly.
First up a bit on Borneo and the welcome relief it offered following the days spent Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Mar 2, 2015
- Living like a local in IpohFrom Georgetown I decided to take a bus to the city of Ipoh, not a place in Malaysia that is well-renowned for tourism, but it was only a short journey away and the bus was cheap! The bus dropped me Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Aug 23, 2014
- Arriving in MalaysiaWe’re sitting on a bus travelling from Mersing to Melaka, from the East coast to the West, through thousands of acres of palm trees (used for palm oil). It’s going to take about 4 hours so I thought I’d Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Feb 27, 2015
- Ernie Goes to Malaysia[center][/center]
With only a couple days left in Singapore, and Malaysia only a short bus ride across the Straits of Johor, it made sense to hop across the border and at least Posted by ErnieHK in Ernie Goes | Feb 26, 2015
- Celebrity StatusA lot of things about Malaysia have taken some getting used to. For instance, adjusting to not having hot water, eating rice and seafood for almost every meal, driving on the opposite side of the road, fighting with the ants Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Feb 22, 2015
- Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
We'd heard a lot of grea Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 18, 2015
- Cameron Highlands
The Cameron highlands appear on most itineraries on the Malaysian peninsular so we thought we'd show mum an Asian hill station. The hill stations were set up by the colon Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 16, 2015
- Taman Nagara
As Jason's Mum was on a pretty tight schedule we decided to get an organised mini van and boat to the rainforest, Taman Negara, rather than local buses. Our hotel in KL m Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 16, 2015
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I'm writing lying on a beach recuperating from Mum's visit! We had a great 2 weeks, but no time for blogging and not enough sleep (old people dont need as much sleep, eh mants?), so we'll be c Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 15, 2015