- Sundays at the HostelI think I’ve mentioned in earlier posts about the hostel at my school. In case I haven’t, allow me to give some quick background. SMK Mengkarak has about 920 students in Forms 1-6 (equivalent of 7th-12th grade). Of those 900, Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Feb 15, 2015
- East Asia Trip (Kuala Lumpur)Kuala Lumpur is the federal capital and most populous city in Malaysia. The city covers an area of 243 km2 (94 sq mi) and has an estimated population of 1.6 million as of 2010. Greater Kuala Lumpur, also known as Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Thirsty MonkeyOnto the next stop, a new country -Malaysia, a new city - Kuala Lumpur, a new host and a home straight out of grand designs.....and not the kind of one that is still a pile of breeze blocks, architect drawings Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Feb 12, 2015
- A Hierarchy of NeedsGreetings everyone! This blog post comes to you courtesy of the brand new Google Chromebook that I have received. Due to a last minute donation from Google and YTL (the largest technology company in Malaysia, who has a very charming Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Feb 8, 2015
- Miss RachelAs I write this, I have just wrapped up my second week at SMK Mengarak (the k is silent in pronunciation) and figured it was probably time to update the world on a bit of what has been happening since Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Feb 6, 2015
- #OnlyBera**Disclaimer, this blog was written about a week ago. Finally got strong enough internet to post it today **
Selamat petang from the exciting (or current the really empty beach town – thanks monsoon season) city of Kuala Terangganu! While my Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 30, 2015
- The Sleeper TrainBy James: we got on the train at 10 at night we had second class beds at the back of the train. We were on the train for 8 and a half hours so we didint have much stuff Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 24, 2015
from : http://divezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/malaysia-map.jpg
From few websites, here is the best things to do in Malaysia :
1: visiting the island of Langkawi
2: Pe Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Jan 23, 2015
- Tabur EastI joined a hiking group to climb this hill on a sunny Saturday and it has been my most enjoyable hike for this year so far... Although knowing no one at first but in the end made a lot Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Jan 17, 2015
- Malaysia -by JamesWe are now in Malaysia! When we first arrived here it was nine o clock at night and we stil had to go through 3 very long lines and when we finally got through them we had to wait Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 20, 2015
- Harry Potter Comes to MalaysiaHello world! I am currently sitting in the Kuala Lumpur airport waiting to catch my flight to Kuala Terengganu to begin a week long state orientation run by the Malaysian Ministry of Education (MOE). I’ve got about 30 minutes until Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 20, 2015
- A Highland FlingAfter the heat and humidity of KL, we were looking forward to our time in the Cameron Highlands to enjoy the cool mountain air. Our bus was large and comfortable but absolutely infested with cockroaches. They were running Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jan 19, 2015
- My blog, my dream, my journeyVolunteering Overseas
[center]Volunteering, has always been my dream when I was younger.
Volunteering overseas, was something that I had been looking forward all the while.
When I first had this dream (when I was still in k Posted by KimYee in Up, up and away. | Jan 19, 2015
- Amazing BorneoWe are off to Borneo.
The visions we had were of a vast, unexplored jungle where wild animals and indigenous tribes mingle beneath the dense canopy of the forest.
Borneo is a haven for wild animals and exotic flora: for now, Posted by Olivia-travels2 in Olivia travels2 | Jan 16, 2015
- Tourism 101 - I Might be FlunkingSo I realized I’m a really crappy tourist. I had kind of been becoming aware of this fact over my last few trips (both abroad and domestic), but it became painfully clear this past Sunday.
After six straight days of Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 13, 2015
- The Melting Pot that is MalaysiaAfter almost 2 months in Thailand, we were itching to get to Malaysia. Thailand is great but it’s just too easy and is packed with Western tourists. We miss the feeling of being remote and the cultural challenges we’d Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jan 10, 2015
- So It BeginsSelamat petang!! Good evening from Malaysia! I am writing this blog post from the heart of Kuala Lumpur looking out my windows at the iconic Petronas Towers. It’s pretty darn sweet. Sadly the only reason that I have a few Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 8, 2015
- The magic of Penangm
After Angkor Wat, we made a fleeting visit to Bangkok as we were on a mission to get to Penang. We therefore flew from Siem Reap to Bangkok to get an afternoon trai Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 25, 2014
- Another half day, in ButterworthOne thing we have learnt from this trip, as everyone has advised us, is that you never have enough time anywhere. We have all agreed that this trip is a taster and there are places we would love to return Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 22, 2014
- A Train Spotters Guide (part 8) - Malaysian TrainsSTAGE 1 - Wednesday 17th December - Hat Yai to Butterworth. Fare 332 Baht (£6.64) each.
At Hat Yai we are faced with a new challenge which is to get to the ticket office and purchase tickets for the next leg Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 18, 2014
- Kuala LumpurThe bus ride from George town was very nice and comfortable and when we arrived at KL center it was very easy to by voucher for a taxi to bring us to the hotel.
The next day I was very eager Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 13, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur
KL Trip (4 Dec – 7 Dec)
We took the transtar coach to Kuala Lumpur, cost us about SGD 59 each under the solitaire category,. Very nice recline leather seats. Monitor with quite updated movies, ranging from English to Hindi movies. Posted by Hazlinda in Travelling | Dec 11, 2014
- George townAfter traveling for 7 hours from Hat Yai we were finally let off from the mini-van in George town, it was raining and I took care of the luggage while Hank walked away to find an ATM. I talked with Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 10, 2014
- Pulau LangkawiOur Thailand island hopping adventure had come to an end but there was still one island hop to go. This time it was a proper hop with no visit back to the mainland required.
As Sarah had been up all night Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Nov 24, 2014
- First taste of MalaysiaI left Koh Phangan not because I wanted to (I could have stayed forever....), but because I had to... My thai visa had expired. I caught a very early morning boat/bus combo to take me all the way to Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Aug 21, 2014