- Day 16 - Kuala LumpurWe arrive in Kuala Lumpur late, not just because we left Singapore late but there are fires in Indonesia as well as here so the air is filled with smoke. Apparently visibility during the night was down to 300 metres. Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 20, 2014
- The three day thing[center][/center]
It’s been six months since I left Mexico City. Two of those I've been in South East Asia.
As I approached Kuala Lumpur a fourth time, I felt as unready and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 17, 2014
- Finally away
It has been a long week as most of it has been spent in Whangarei because Roy became unwell last weekend. Mum and Ann flew up from Christchurch late Monday which gave me Tuesday and half of Wednesday to try Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Mar 14, 2014
- Kuala LumpurCaotica. Trafficata. Sporca. A buon mercato. Ristoranti e alberghi a prezzi più che ragionevoli (il nostro albergo nel quartiere indiano costava una quarantina di franchi a notte), strade piene di rifiuti, auto che usano il clacson in continuazione, gent Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 13, 2014
- Penang, Malaysia
We saw Penang, Malaysia featured on an Anthony Bourdain travel show last year and as a result, it got added into our itinerary. For those of you who may have been wondering where the food pictur Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 11, 2014
- Miss Marple nella giunglaDopo aver visto gli oranghi nel centro di riabilitazione, siamo andati alla loro ricerca nella giungla vera, e più precisamente tra gli alberi e le liane di Sukau, villaggio che si raggiunge in qualche ora di barca lungo il fiume Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 9, 2014
- LangkawiMonday -
We landed safely in Langkawi at 18:15pm, the flight only took an hour! After collecting out luggage we found there was no security which was strange. We then got given a free map of the island with loads of Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Mar 8, 2014
- 2013 B2 OCEANIA - PHUKET, PENANG & KUALA LUMPUR===PHUKET===
The day before arriving in Phuket I was sitting at the restaurant on deck, by the pool talking to Sandy & Jim. Jim was standing up & I was looking up at him when I felt ill & started Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Oranghi in riabilitazioneInnanzitutto mi scuso per il ritardo accumulato nell'aggiornare questo blog: il programma piuttosto carico e un'accoglienza decisamente tiepida del mio stomaco nei confronti del cibo locale mi hanno imposto di sfruttare ogni ora libera a dormire...
Tor Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 4, 2014
- Kuala LumpurFriday -
The train station in woodlands had security like an airport which i had never seen before and when going through the final stage getting our stamps the security guy, read my passport and said your lasts name is Butterworth? Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Mar 1, 2014
- L'isola delle tartarugheSeligan è un isola a circa un'ora di barca da Sandakan sul confine tra la Malaisia e le Filippine in cui durante tutto l'anno tartarughe di due diverse specie (green e hawksbill turtles) vengono a deporre le uova. L'isola fa Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Feb 25, 2014
- Sandakan, sobborgo alla Ken LoachVi siete mai chiesti dove Ken Loach abbia girato i suoi film? In Inghilterra? Sì, ma non solo. Per alcune scene in cui lo squallore e la sensazione di “dove diavolo sono finito?” dovevano risultare particolarmente evidenti pare sia venuto Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Feb 25, 2014
- Multicultural Malaysia17th January
As part of Mei's sister's wedding, there were two dinners to attended in Malaysia, for her extended family over there.
In anticipation of yet another dreaded red-eye flight, this time from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur, I deployed Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Feb 24, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia"Ladies and gentlemen, we are slowly begining our descent to Kuala Lumpur. We remind you that possession of drugs in Malaysia is punished by death sentence. Welcome!" said our flight attendant. A rather scary welcome. Kuala Lumpur, or KL as Posted by letrip in surftheworld | Feb 23, 2014
- Tour of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Australian soil was a yellow speck in the cabin window; Mayble, a local Malaysian visiting folks back home, hands me a working pen as mine sputters ink. Good old Mayble; and the scribbles start for the new chapter of my Posted by Brighterside in Dealing with Wanderlust. | Feb 17, 2014
- Melaka, Malaysia Melaka, Malaysia
Tuesday 4th February
We had both been dreading the four hour bus journey from Singapore to Melaka, hoping that the bus would be Singaporean rather than Malaysian as the one and only bus journey we had taken from Georgetown Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Feb 7, 2014
- Cultural exchangeIt was with a spring in our step that we left KL for Melaka - hoping it would be more fun. It was. Melaka is awesome. A UNESCO heritage town (yep, another one), its full of amazing architecture reflecting the Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 31, 2014
- Acting the flashpacker in KLSo having been recommended a party hostel in Kuala Lumpur, we were looking forward to a bit of fun. But man the hostel was fancy - proper flashpacker! Totally unexpected as the guys who recommended it seemed anything but. What Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 31, 2014
- Back to the islandsAs a contrast we next headed to the island of Pangkor for some R&R. Our resort (no hostels here), between jungle and beach, turned out to be scruffy and old, but our room was at least clean. It was a Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 31, 2014
- A bit of cool reliefThe Cameron Highlands are essentially where Brits came to cool off. Although a bit humid (it rains), it is only ever about 21C. Coming through the villages and towns in a frankly scary minibus (I hit my head), I was Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 31, 2014
- Enter the colonial: being British in George TownArriving in Penang I have never felt more like a colonial - within minutes I'd seen a clocktower dedicated to Queen Victoria, a bunch of European architecture and I was staying in an old colonial house in Love Lane in Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Jan 31, 2014
- Mission to Go to Mass in MalaysiaI had stayed up late remaking some of the hotel arrangements I had because, although Booking.com is good for booking ahead and pay when you arrive, Agoda.com is the one that you can use to pay in advance (better for Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Jan 29, 2014
- Back in AsiaI have been trying to explain why I abandoned the Liberty. It's been difficult to tell without making it sound horrible. But it wasn't. The sailing was great. It was an awesome trip fixing the ship then crossing from India Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Jan 28, 2014
- Batu CavesI slept in later than I had wished to. I have this ridiculous compulsion to have to be active when I have every right to relax and just enjoy the relaxing atmosphere I've placed myself in! :P So Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Jan 26, 2014
- Hunger Games(Wrote this the other night...)
First, Shout out to Priority Pass because I was able to sit upstairs from my gate while all the parents had their million kids running and screaming off their energy (thankfully) downstairs.
There was a Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Jan 26, 2014