- Rumble in the JungleJust like Tarzan and Jane we were, swinging from vines on our 2 day, one night trek in the jungle. NOT! Well, it was more like we were clinging to vines to keep us upright.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/539569/large_270_IMG_4114.jpg caption=Me Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 7, 2013
- Kuala LumpurArrived in KL from Java and first thing I did when we landed was head straight for the duty free and bought a litre bottle of Irish Whiskey (unable to specify particular brand due to contractural reasons)!!!!!
Arriving in KL Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 6, 2013
- Red Nails in the Sunset[center][/center]
Look at Jill's and Michelle's shiny new nails, all done in the name of medical experimentation. No animals were harmed in the process, or that is what they were told.
Jill Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 4, 2013
- MelakaWe arrived to Melaka after a short and comfortable trip. Our expectations weren't high as we were thinking that it would be similar to Gorgetown. Fortunately this wasn't the case and Melaka turned out to be a smaller and nicer Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Sep 4, 2013
- George Town, Penang, Malaysia===
27 August 2013 – continued===
It was a short ride from Boardroom to the Koh Samui airport but we were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. The airport itself is just one story but very spread out. Check in for Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 3, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur greeted us with tremendous heat and the tout for one of the gusthouses who decided to walk us to the backpacking district. So we run with our big backpacks through colourful Chinatown until his destination. As we Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 30, 2013
- Kuala LumpurA journey to Malaysia would not be complete without a stop at the capital Kuala Lumpur (or just KL).
Hence, we too visited this South-East Asian metropole for a couple of days, to get an impression of the vibrating heart of Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 27, 2013
- LangkawiFrom Penang we took the ferry to our second destination in Malaysia, the island of Langkawi. This island or rather this island group with altogether 99 island of which besides the main island only two are inhabited lies 2 1/2 Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 26, 2013
- PenangOur first stop in Malaysia was Penang. I had visited this island in the country’s north-west before during my studies, but then lectures and group work were the main purposes. Although of course even then exploration and night life did Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 25, 2013
- Taman NagaraWe started travelling early in the morning by hitchhiking our way to Kuantan. Once there we took a bus to Jerantum. We had a bit of time in there to our next bus so we did a bit of shopping Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 25, 2013
- Bye Bye Brenda===03 -5 Aug 2013===
Off again, up early and now it’s Air Asia to KL. Short flight, easy through immigration and we grab our bags and catch the bus into KL Sentral where we can either get the metro or Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 23, 2013
- East Coast of Peninsular MalaysiaW ith the public holidays in a full bloom we decided to go to the Muslim dominated region of Malaysia as we had a brilliant idea that this was the best place to observe celebrations. Oh well, we were wrong Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 22, 2013
- Surprised by Perhentian Island, MalaysiaAfter an hour of plane ride from Subang to Kuala Terengganu, followed by an hour plus of van ride to the jetty and finally an hour of boat ride we arrived at Perhentian Island. Greeted by crystal clear water Posted by MarcuZ in Journey of happiness anywhere anytime | Aug 22, 2013
- Cameron HighlandsWe decided to cut short our stay in Georgetown and head to Cameron Highlands for a few days. The place is famous for its tea plantations, strawberries, for being cooler than the rest of Malaysia and for trekking. We found Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 21, 2013
- GeorgetownAfter recovering in the beach we decided to head for yet another island. This time to see a city tough, George Town. After a bit of stress with the bus service that was finished we manage to arrived there Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 7, 2013
- LankgawiAfter thorough preparation we managed to move on from Koh Samui with a feeling of success as on our way to Trang we were the only tourists found on boats, buses and vans. The mentioned town is not an obvious Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 7, 2013
- MALAYSIA – RAMADAN AND A KINDNESS KIWI IN A TRAINAnother country that was included in our itinerary at the last minute was Malaysia, because we found cheap tickets from Kuala Lumpur (KL) to Kathmandu in Nepal. The way to KL was really interesting because it was done by Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Aug 6, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur (KL) city day walkYes...I'm from KL, I'm born in KL, studied in KL but I've never really slow down to take a look of the beautiful landscape in Kuala Lumpur city.
And one fine day, suddenly I felt the urge to do just Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Aug 5, 2013
- A cultural blendIt was hard to find bad food in Malaysia. With such a diverse population of people including Indian, Chinese, Europeans, and Asians you can find a variety of dishes that are unique and delicious. The smell of spices can be Posted by SMWiley in Engaged around the world! | Aug 4, 2013
- Persephone and the Bus to MalaysiaIt’s a different experience being male. I’m told this in different ways. When in Asia in the company of my husband, I get used to being ignored. At a recommended Indian restaurant in Singapore, I am not even glanced Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Aug 3, 2013
- Things I am looking forward to in Dublin, that are makingCool Fresh air
Family!!! Obv can't wait to see the auld pair and my bro plus all my favourite grannies and aunties and uncles and cousins
Friends - all my awesome friends who are so much fun and funny and great Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 30, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAte a iffy sandwich on the plane but didn't actually realise it was off til the next day. Welllll to be honest, I had an inkling...
Got into KL at 11pm and hopped a bus for 8 RM into KL Sentral. Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jul 30, 2013
- Kota Kinabalu and a very big mountain!We left Labuan on Friday, having been singularly unimpressed with the island! Hoping Kota Kinabalu (KK) would be better. KK is in the other state of Malaysian Borneo - Sabah, which is just as well known as Sarawak for Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Jul 22, 2013
- Murphy's Law & Bollywood (how can that be!!!!)As the bus was speeding along the Expressway after a dinner break (didn't record the name but the same spot where the KL buses halt, too) - a very healthy snack of boiled shell-on peanuts & boiled salted corn, I Posted by prakashj9t3 in Globetrotting - One trip at a time | Jul 21, 2013
- One down - six to go!!!Crossing to Malaysia thro' the Woodlands Point (first time in 4 trips to MY) in 5min flat - as smooth as SGP could get despite a very large evening crowd returning back to JB; saw quite a few yellow buses Posted by prakashj9t3 in Globetrotting - One trip at a time | Jul 21, 2013