- Welcome to MalaysiaHello from Kuala Lumpur. I should probably greet you in Malay, but one of our first gleanings is how utterly English this city is. No one has struggled to understand us yet, so consequently we haven't bothered to learn any Posted by Brummie2015 in Caruka 2017 | Feb 12, 2017
- Shopping och två balla torn i Kuala LumpurDet var tur att vi skulle träffa Kjell och Monica efter KL, och att dom var vänliga att ta med sig hem en extra inköpt väska åt oss. Shopping var nämligen i världsklass (tror jag) i Kuala Lumpur.
Familjen är Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Jan 30, 2017
- LangkawiSo, Langkawi is amazing! We arrived around 5pm and got a taxi to our hostel. The taxi driver was strange. After agreeing a price, he drove out of the airport and pulled up to explained that he wasn't sure where Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 22, 2017
- Jetlagged KL StopoverThe Air Asia flight to Kuala Lumpur was brutal - not because of Air Asia, the plane and crew were fine, but because of the timing of the flight. I left Auckland at, I think, 8:30 in the evening and Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 19, 2017
- Penang Penang is a great place to visit for a short time. We were told to visit Penang because it is very popular with tourists. We are after all different kinds of experiences on this journey of ours. Yes, we want Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 18, 2017
Penang we viewed from the sea, and what we saw we liked. We couldn't pull into port, so the ship anchored at sea and we were taken in by tender ( a lifeboat).
[img=h Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur [center][/center]
Actually, Kuala Lumpur hasn't a port, it is Port Klang where the ship docked. I had done some research so we could make the best of our time, that meant catching a taxi Posted by balhannahrise in Just Cruising | Jan 15, 2017
- Kuching, BorneoOur last stop in Borneo was Kuching, which means "cat." Being cat lovers, we enjoyed searching for the several cat sculptures around the city, and even visited the cat museum. Loic enjoyed it, but to me, it felt Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 7, 2017
- Day 14 - Last day in Malaysia
Today we had a free day, so after another leisurely start we decided to walk down to the centre along the river bank walk and
get a boat to tour the canals of the city.
We arrived early before they Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 6, 2017
- Day 13 - South to Melaka
Today we had a free morning relaxing and doing a bit of shopping in the Chinatown district before leaving to travel on to
the port city of Melaka and the famous Melaka Straits, once governed by the British as it Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 5, 2017
- Mulu national parkWe landed in the tiny town of Mulu to ring in the new year at Mulu National Park, known for its amazing caves and jungle trekking. The park is accessible only by plane or multi-day trek along the headhunter's Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 4, 2017
- Day 12 - KL and Petronas Towers
We opened the curtains of our hotel room to a spectacular view of both the KL and Petronas towers,
Given we were on the 2nd highest floor (14th), it made a nice change to a view of a brick wall Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 4, 2017
- Day 11 - K L
Today we left Penang for a long drive on a local bus to the cosmopolitan capital of Kuala Lumpur.
After another night out in Penang, dodging the first real rain of the holiday and the numerous Rats ! we Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 4, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia We will start by saying that we both seriously loved Kuala Lumpur! There isn't much not to love here. We arrived here on 23rd December, at about 5am and had decided to kill some time in the airport so that Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Jan 2, 2017
- Diving at Kapalai, Mabul and Sipadan
We flew to the Malaysian side of Borneo and began with a few days of diving. Day 1 we dove at two sights near the island of Mabul, where we are stayin Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 2, 2017
- Continental Malaysia
We arrived in Malaysia a few days before Christmas. Malaysia is really a melting pot. In addition to native Malays, India Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jan 2, 2017
- Day 10 - George Town
We spent our first full day in Malaysia in George Town a quaint colonial quarter of Penang.
Penang is split up in 2 parts; one part on the mainland and the other on an island connected by 2 bridges;
one 13Km Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 2, 2017
- Day 9 - On to Malaysia
After our last night out in Thailand and seeing in the New Year, which turned out to be a nice night out but pretty much a low key event,
with several fire lanterns being set off and just a few Posted by Andy-Irene in Bangkok to Bali | Jan 1, 2017
- Kuala Lumpur / PutrajayaFriday, December 9
What do two former government employees do on vacation? Visit Malaysia’s new capital administrative region, of course! (Especially because it is built around a lake!)
The tour was advertised as ‘Putrajaya – the Intelligent Gar Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 14, 2016
- Penang, MalaysiaThursday, December 8
Our day in Penang was a Stumble Upon Adventure day. The ship docked just a few minutes’ walk from the Georgetown Historic Town Centre, so we decided to take some maps and strike out on our own. Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 14, 2016
- Langkawi, MalaysiaWednesday, December 7
Langkawi is certainly the prettiest location we have stopped at so far.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 7, 2016
- Waterfall Wonderland Getting out of the humungous man-made lake and out of the speedboat plus being careful not to slip was not an easy task. The waterfall trek was at the Sungai Ruok Waterfall. A 5 minute ride from where we stopped Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- The GuideGuide
On the CEW trip we had a tour guide, but he wasn’t really a tour guide but he just knew everything about every place we went to. He was pretty cool since he was nice and smart so he would Posted by mmalfonso21 in Malaysia CEW - MYP3 - 2K16 - Mateo | Nov 28, 2016
- Kuala LumpurWe arrived in Port Klang outside Kuala Lumpur at around 8am. We had booked a full day tour with the ship and had an early start.
We started the tour at The Batu Caves. Here there were three caves to visit, Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 28, 2016
- PenangAfter a morning at sea we arrived in Georgetown Penang. We decided to do a tour to Penang Hill and a site where there is a Hindi and Buda temple. It was all pretty impressive until the skies opened up Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 27, 2016