- Once you're Up, you have to Climb DownThe perfect capture picture of the scenery we see before every excursion we took, while on this trip. The view everyone was quite unreal, having been living in a city, all the green was unusual like a breath of fresh Posted by Writer of Words in The man made lake | Nov 24, 2016
- Lake Stranded Food, is Spaghetti BologneseLet me start off by saying that we were on a boat in the middle of nowhere, ok now you have that in the back of your minds, let's begin. You have your standard breakfast, lunch and dinner, for these Posted by Writer of Words in The man made lake | Nov 24, 2016
- Did someone say Leech!!It was a lovely morning. The view of the forest and on going lake was just magnificent. It was my third day in Belum (Penang) and I was already in love with everything that passed my eye. The days Posted by Megarawela in Royal Belum | Nov 24, 2016
- Bamboo everythingThis is going to be one of the most peculiar race's we have seen. A Bamboo Race is when the entire race is made out of bamboo, the rafts the paddles, even the finish line is made out of bamboo. Posted by Writer of Words in The man made lake | Nov 24, 2016
- My HOUSE, my BOAT, my PENANGDear Miss Silva,
Just recently I visited Penang, Malaysia. I went to Belum state Park to live on a houseboat for five days and four nights with my school year group. It was a fantastic experience. Now let me tell you Posted by shashmi21 in Soha Travels ♡ | Nov 24, 2016
- "LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT"
Picture taken by Warren Wee class 9.2
“COME ON GUYS YOU'RE SO CLOSE!” Everyone yelled at the top of their lungs, cheering for their group. We were in teams but split into two, Group A Posted by shashmi21 in Soha Travels ♡ | Nov 24, 2016
- LEECHES, LEECHES, LEECHES!!!Trekking, trekking, trekking! We did that almost everyday. The first trek we went on was absolutely fascinating! I could see HUGE trees everywhere! I could smell the damp humidity, and I could hear a waterfall in the distance. Just Posted by shashmi21 in Soha Travels ♡ | Nov 24, 2016
- Food at its best We started off with nuggets and a little bit of corn
But to be honest we were all expecting something more asian born
The juice that we were given was probably minute made
But you never know maybe they used a Posted by Megarawela in Royal Belum | Nov 24, 2016
- Diary Entry8th November 2016
CEW Day 2
Belum State Park, Penang, Malaysia
Today we went back to the Orang Asli tribes’ village. We filed into speedboats, about five people per boat, and set off, skimming over the water. Since the houseboat wasn’t very far Posted by AllegraMiller21 in CEW Travel Blog | Nov 24, 2016
- The Trek to the fallsGetting of the boat for our first trek.
Even before the trek has properly started we are already seeing beautiful and majestic sights
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8625 Posted by bdickevans21 in The Penang River Madness | Nov 24, 2016
- 'Everything tastes like chicken but the chicken' It was that time of day were you weren't sure whether you were having fun or not. It was lunch time and the people serving the buffet were AJ, Brandon, Posted by bdickevans21 in The Penang River Madness | Nov 24, 2016
- River Rafting Here we have Amy, and her 3 raft members, Lea, Lexa and Baxter. We see them having a... RAFTING COMPETITION in the Belum State Park, which is also a man made lake, near Penang. This is the second half of Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- The Great Speedboat EscapadeI sighed as I rested my elbow on the speedboat. "One trek down, one more to go" I grumbled under my breath. I sat up straight and looked around at the scenery. Completely mesmerizing. Everything about water and islands was Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 23, 2016
- Encapsulated by the Trees The islands around me felt like they were watching over me, and trapping me in this huge park. Going fast, in a speedboat, feeling the cold water as it splashed us all. The rain combining with the water made it Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- The Orang Asli Tribe Seeing the lives of someone else, is also (ironically) life changing. Especially when they live in a different city, different country, and with different resources. The "Orang-Asli" tribe. "Orang Asli" in Malay, translates to "original people." They are Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- On The WayOn the way to Belum State Park
The plane ride to Penang
It was the worst
It was like monkeys sang
I just wanted to burst
Onto the bus ride now
Struggling to catch up on sleep
I kept wondering, how?
Then I fell in deep...
Waking u Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- A Swarm of GnatsThe hot, glaring sun was about to set. It was roughly around 7pm when we reached back from our long day. We were all tired and famished.
All 39 or so of us entered the small but adequate dining hall. The Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 22, 2016
- The Squeaky Beds[center]Boing! suggests,the squeaky beds
Of the houseboats, houseboats in Belum.
Sounding no fun at all.
Loud, Noisy, Irritating, Frustrating
But couldn’t do a single, single thing to stop it now.
Couldn’t sleep a single night,
Nor me nor my fri Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 22, 2016
- A World Much Different To MineA world much different to mine
A few weeks ago, I’ve got the opportunity to visit a tribe, the Orang Asli Tribe (a Malaysian word for the first people, or the original peo Posted by Doglover123 in What Happens When I Go Outside | Nov 22, 2016
- Eat it all (A parody of the song Shake It Off)
Eat it all (A parody of Shake it off)
I like to eat food
I haven’t eaten a Steam Boat
And I know what I’m going to do mmm-mm
And I know what I’m going to do mmm-mm
Posted by Doglover123 in What Happens When I Go Outside | Nov 22, 2016
- Left, Right, Left, Right!The water was very still, yet I still was nervous. Rafting wasn’t my thing, well- that’s a lie, I had never been rafting before, this would make it my first time. I’ve watched lots of tv shows about rafting before, Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 21, 2016
- Did somebody say Waterfall? We had just come back from an exhausting trek with mud and leeches and we were so petrified that none of us wanted to go on the 2nd trek which included more leeches and more mud, the teachers felt bad Posted by Megarawela in Royal Belum | Nov 21, 2016
- In someones else's world Since we visited the Orang Asli village more than once in our trip, I decided to ask the opinions of my classmates on which was the more eventful and overall more enjoyable trip. I will give you a quick summary Posted by Writer of Words in The man made lake | Nov 21, 2016
- The Leech Trek
The Leech Trek. The trek which was the most horrifying, disgusting and scary trek for every single one in Yr 9. We went through the tracks, into the deep green jungle, mak Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 21, 2016
- The Raft Building Competition
Long long time ago, in the 1990s, there was a small 8 year old kid whose name was Saanika who just for the second time had gone alone for a school trip out of Singapore to Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 21, 2016