- Day 35: Gunung Mulu National Park, Sarawak, MalaysiaWe had to take a little plane to get to this park. It's a UNESCO site.
We went to two caves. One had all these cool rock formations. The other was the biggest cave in the Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 12, 2014
- LangkawiOur hotel although it is advertised as a beach hotel is a fifteen minute walk to the nearest beach and in this heat this can take us some time. There are two beaches near us; Pantai Tengah and Pantai Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Apr 11, 2014
Nach so viel Erholung war es am 18.3. an der Zeit Abschied zu nehmen. Da ich ja bereits in Thailand beschlossen hatte, dass ich noch mal nach Indien zurückkehren "muss", was eine drastisch Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Apr 9, 2014
- Climbing in and out of boatsAfter a glorious last day on Koh Kradan; which consisted of Bill and I sitting under a tree, right next to the sea on loungers and occasionally venturing into the sea, we had to leave.
We got a long tailed Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Apr 9, 2014
- On leaving a continent[center][/center]
Six months it was. Six months ago I arrived in Kuala Lumpur for the first time. On that day I knew nothing. Coming ou Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 7, 2014
- Day 34: Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia... Except a fish market. I saw some pretty big sharks cut in half. Only come to this place if you want to see the Niah Caves.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 6, 2014
- Day 33: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia... That's about it. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 6, 2014
- Day 32: Kuching, Sarawak, MalaysiaWe took a cruise on the wetlands, and we were sitting in the middle of a pod of Irrawaddy fresh water dolphins for about half an hour. We also saw a couple crocs 2 or 3 m long. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 4, 2014
- Malaysia - Part 2 of 2: Northern Borneo
==Sarawak – northeast corner of Malaysia Borneo==
We departed Penang on the Peninsula of Malaysia and flew to Kuala Lumpur, and from there flew to the island of Borneo to the city of Posted by janejoe in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei & Indonesia | Apr 4, 2014
- Kuala LumpurI have spent the last week hanging out in Kuala Lumpur. This is the second time I have been here and the city continues to grow on me. The backpackers I have been staying at has been fantastic and has Posted by hayden.albrey in Backpacking Adventure | Apr 3, 2014
- Day 31: Kuching, Sarawak, MalaysiaWe're at a nice hostel. I'd definitely reco it. We hung out yesterday and today with the owner's family. Today we went to an orang-utan reserve, but it couldn't compare to what we'd seen already in Indonesia. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 3, 2014
- Day 30: Kuching, Sarawak, MalaysiaWe hiked up this mountain that was less than 1km high, but it was a very vertical ascent. Lotsa ropes and ladders. We hiked through the jungle for about 8 hours. Saw a white cicada?, some sweet Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 3, 2014
- Day 29: Kuching, Sarawak, MalaysiaWell, Malaysia seems pretty different from Indonesia already. Much more modern, but the people still seem friendly. We took a tiny boat across the Sungai Sarawak River and walked through some little villages. I saw a monitor Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Apr 1, 2014
- Day 18 - Heading towards ColomboThis is the second of three sea days between stops. Tonight is another Black tie evening, a perfect opportunity to show off some new jewellery. These nights are starting to become a chore, with many passengers griping about them and Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 31, 2014
- Day 17 - At sea moving away from MalaysiaYesterday was a big day so today we take it easy. The news for the last 6 or 7 days has focused on a missing Malaysian Airlines plane. We asked a guard at the cruise terminal yesterday if there was Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 31, 2014
- Malaysia - Part 1 of 2: The Peninsula
===We left the island of Singapore and crossed the border via the causeway into Malaysia. ===
===We spent a total of 14 days in Malaysia of which half of those days were on the penins Posted by janejoe in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei & Indonesia | Mar 27, 2014
- Day 16 - Kuala LumpurWe arrive in Kuala Lumpur late, not just because we left Singapore late but there are fires in Indonesia as well as here so the air is filled with smoke. Apparently visibility during the night was down to 300 metres. Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Mar 20, 2014
- The three day thing[center][/center]
It’s been six months since I left Mexico City. Two of those I've been in South East Asia.
As I approached Kuala Lumpur a fourth time, I felt as unready and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 17, 2014
- Finally away
It has been a long week as most of it has been spent in Whangarei because Roy became unwell last weekend. Mum and Ann flew up from Christchurch late Monday which gave me Tuesday and half of Wednesday to try Posted by Wherescatherine in Asian Excursion | Mar 14, 2014
- Kuala LumpurCaotica. Trafficata. Sporca. A buon mercato. Ristoranti e alberghi a prezzi più che ragionevoli (il nostro albergo nel quartiere indiano costava una quarantina di franchi a notte), strade piene di rifiuti, auto che usano il clacson in continuazione, gent Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 13, 2014
- Penang, Malaysia
We saw Penang, Malaysia featured on an Anthony Bourdain travel show last year and as a result, it got added into our itinerary. For those of you who may have been wondering where the food pictur Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Mar 11, 2014
- Miss Marple nella giunglaDopo aver visto gli oranghi nel centro di riabilitazione, siamo andati alla loro ricerca nella giungla vera, e più precisamente tra gli alberi e le liane di Sukau, villaggio che si raggiunge in qualche ora di barca lungo il fiume Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 9, 2014
- LangkawiMonday -
We landed safely in Langkawi at 18:15pm, the flight only took an hour! After collecting out luggage we found there was no security which was strange. We then got given a free map of the island with loads of Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Mar 8, 2014
- 2013 B2 OCEANIA - PHUKET, PENANG & KUALA LUMPUR===PHUKET===
The day before arriving in Phuket I was sitting at the restaurant on deck, by the pool talking to Sandy & Jim. Jim was standing up & I was looking up at him when I felt ill & started Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Oranghi in riabilitazioneInnanzitutto mi scuso per il ritardo accumulato nell'aggiornare questo blog: il programma piuttosto carico e un'accoglienza decisamente tiepida del mio stomaco nei confronti del cibo locale mi hanno imposto di sfruttare ogni ora libera a dormire...
Tor Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | Mar 4, 2014