- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (3rd - 6th December)We arrived in Kuala Lumpur quite early, so stopped off for breakfast on our way to the hotel. I’m pleased we did, as the check-in experience was strange enough as it was – if we’d also had empty stomachs and Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 19, 2013
- Malacca, MalaysiaWe had already done a reckie of the bus station during our time in KL as we new it was roughly 15KM outside of the city and were worried about getting lost and missing our bus to Melaka, so knew Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 23, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAfter our somewhat interesting time in Penang and having to say goodbye to our beautiful hotel for Nick’s (belated) birthday celebrations we were on the bus bound for Kuala Lumpur.
Roughly 4 hours later we arrived just after dark Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 21, 2013
- Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia (1st - 2nd December)Georgetown was really just a stopover between Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur. We were only there for about 24 hours, as it's not that exciting, but we had a decent time.
We stayed at Red Inn Court, which was walkable from Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 17, 2013
- Langkawi, Malaysia (27th November - 1st December)We arrived on the island of Langkawi and took a taxi to our hotel - the delightfully Twin Peaks evokingly titled White Lodge. We had a room to ourselves, so with a double bed and a single bed. It was Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Dec 17, 2013
- What's it really like, this travelling melarky?Thought I might do more of a 'how are we finding it' entry than a review of a place for a change.
So, we're a quarter of the way through our 9 month adventure. Blimey! Our UK life seems like a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 3, 2013
- High tea in the Cameron HighlandsIt took about 4.5 hours on a minibus to reach the Cameron Highlands from George Town. Travel is extremely cheap here, the journey only cost £8 each.
As we climbed we had fantastic views of the vast forested hills. It was Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Dec 1, 2013
- And a new entry straight in at no 1... George Town, PenangWhen I say number 1, I suppose I'm talking about towns/cities. It's really difficult to have favourites overall as nothing compares to the majesty of Angkor Wat or the natural beauty of Halong Bay's formations. But when it comes to Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 30, 2013
- Langkawi - the good, the bad and the uglyLang means "eagle" and kawi means "reddish brown", more succintly Langkawi means "red eagle". Although it's actually named after the Brahminy Kite, not an eagle at all. So now you know.
[img=ht Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 27, 2013
- Forest Cacophony After a 20 minute flight we made it to Gunung Mulu National Park, named for the imposing mountain at its centre. The park is a UNESCO World Heritage site near to the Sarawak/Brunei border and is most famous for its Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Nov 26, 2013
- Georgetown, PenangSadly, all too soon, the time had come to leave Langkawi and catch our ferry to Georgetown, Penang. Nick was desperate to stay longer but it didn't work with either our timings or our budget ([[http://nick-n-charlie.travellerspoint.com/70/|Langkawi ]] was Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 17, 2013
- A Day in Kuala LumpurI have spent quite a lot of time in KL over the years, so feel no urgency to go out and explore when I am here. Still, tempting as it was, I couldn't just spend my day holed up in Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 23, 2013
- Away AgainI took my last sip of beer and zipped my bag just as my friends drove up to take me to the airport. A short delay with my plane gave us a window for another beer, and then it was Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 22, 2013
- Langkawi, MalaysiaNick knew he wanted to return to Langkawi. He had visited once before with his parents 15 years ago and he still raves about the island and the hotel he stayed at and how wonderful it was. Our Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Nov 14, 2013
- Communing with orangutansKuching is the capital of the Malaysian state of Sarawak on Borneo island. The city itself doesn't have much to offer, but it is located in the middle of some incredible natural attractions. After our flight from KL, Josh Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Nov 21, 2013
- The route from here...We never heard back from the Philippines Red Cross about helping out so we've decided to not to pursue volunteering as, without the guidance of the experts, we wouldn't know where to start.
Instead, we're focusing on Malaysia to take in Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Nov 21, 2013
- Expats in KLI flew in to KL and was immediately struck by how easy the city is- the airport shuttle train and light railway were highly efficient, all the signs are in English, the traffic doesn't feel like a death-trap and the Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Nov 15, 2013
- Regaining the ColoniesArriving back in Bangkok from Laos was like landing on a different planet. I'd booked a hostel in the Siam Square mall area for a change of scene and was overwhelmed by these gleaming altars to capitalism. To further immerse Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Nov 9, 2013
- Lazing in LangkawiOur last port of call in Malaysia was at Tellaga Harbour on Langkawi Island, where we hijacked the Kilkenny Cat's (Brian Scott's) catamaran. Having met Brian only o Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Nov 1, 2013
- MalaysiaOur first day in Malaysia was spent sleeping, due to the fact that we had spent about 18 hours travelling to Malaysia from Thailand. We stayed not far away from the Sepang F1 race track, as this was a key Posted by meghanoleary in South East Asia 2013 | Oct 31, 2013
- Borneo in pictures
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by rjtaylor22 in Rebecca and Gavin's travel blog | Oct 25, 2013
- Borneo Adventures!So we have left Kuala Lumpur and have spent the last 6 days exploring Borneo. Lets start where we left off in KL. We had a great time there, our hotel was very swanky, in fact we had a suite, Posted by rjtaylor22 in Rebecca and Gavin's travel blog | Oct 22, 2013
- South Africans visa requirements for South East Asia
...." YOU have thought about it, you are excited about the idea and finaly you have decided upon it: Its destination: South East Asia . As you anticipate the amazing countrie Posted by Thuligal in Thuli Khoza's adventures | Oct 22, 2013
- Asia, first stopThe flight over the Pacific was a mere 15 hours. Sleep, movie, dinner, sleep, breakfast, reading, and you're there. As we left rounding midnight, and got to Kuala Lumpur rounding midday, I didn't even get much jet lag. It Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Oct 21, 2013
- Some pics from Kuala Lumpur
This pic had to be done....
Here was our lovely Posted by rjtaylor22 in Rebecca and Gavin's travel blog | Oct 16, 2013