- Malaysia -by JamesWe are now in Malaysia! When we first arrived here it was nine o clock at night and we stil had to go through 3 very long lines and when we finally got through them we had to wait Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Jan 20, 2015
- Harry Potter Comes to MalaysiaHello world! I am currently sitting in the Kuala Lumpur airport waiting to catch my flight to Kuala Terengganu to begin a week long state orientation run by the Malaysian Ministry of Education (MOE). I’ve got about 30 minutes until Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 20, 2015
- A Highland FlingAfter the heat and humidity of KL, we were looking forward to our time in the Cameron Highlands to enjoy the cool mountain air. Our bus was large and comfortable but absolutely infested with cockroaches. They were running Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jan 19, 2015
- My blog, my dream, my journeyVolunteering Overseas
[center]Volunteering, has always been my dream when I was younger.
Volunteering overseas, was something that I had been looking forward all the while.
When I first had this dream (when I was still in k Posted by KimYee in Up, up and away. | Jan 19, 2015
- Amazing BorneoWe are off to Borneo.
The visions we had were of a vast, unexplored jungle where wild animals and indigenous tribes mingle beneath the dense canopy of the forest.
Borneo is a haven for wild animals and exotic flora: for now, Posted by Olivia-travels2 in Olivia travels2 | Jan 16, 2015
- Tourism 101 - I Might be FlunkingSo I realized I’m a really crappy tourist. I had kind of been becoming aware of this fact over my last few trips (both abroad and domestic), but it became painfully clear this past Sunday.
After six straight days of Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 13, 2015
- The Melting Pot that is MalaysiaAfter almost 2 months in Thailand, we were itching to get to Malaysia. Thailand is great but it’s just too easy and is packed with Western tourists. We miss the feeling of being remote and the cultural challenges we’d Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jan 10, 2015
- So It BeginsSelamat petang!! Good evening from Malaysia! I am writing this blog post from the heart of Kuala Lumpur looking out my windows at the iconic Petronas Towers. It’s pretty darn sweet. Sadly the only reason that I have a few Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Jan 8, 2015
- The magic of Penangm
After Angkor Wat, we made a fleeting visit to Bangkok as we were on a mission to get to Penang. We therefore flew from Siem Reap to Bangkok to get an afternoon trai Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 25, 2014
- Another half day, in ButterworthOne thing we have learnt from this trip, as everyone has advised us, is that you never have enough time anywhere. We have all agreed that this trip is a taster and there are places we would love to return Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 22, 2014
- A Train Spotters Guide (part 8) - Malaysian TrainsSTAGE 1 - Wednesday 17th December - Hat Yai to Butterworth. Fare 332 Baht (£6.64) each.
At Hat Yai we are faced with a new challenge which is to get to the ticket office and purchase tickets for the next leg Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Dec 18, 2014
- Kuala LumpurThe bus ride from George town was very nice and comfortable and when we arrived at KL center it was very easy to by voucher for a taxi to bring us to the hotel.
The next day I was very eager Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 13, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur
KL Trip (4 Dec – 7 Dec)
We took the transtar coach to Kuala Lumpur, cost us about SGD 59 each under the solitaire category,. Very nice recline leather seats. Monitor with quite updated movies, ranging from English to Hindi movies. Posted by Hazlinda in Travelling | Dec 11, 2014
- George townAfter traveling for 7 hours from Hat Yai we were finally let off from the mini-van in George town, it was raining and I took care of the luggage while Hank walked away to find an ATM. I talked with Posted by InTwoPlaces in South East Asia Winter 2014 - 2015 | Dec 10, 2014
- Pulau LangkawiOur Thailand island hopping adventure had come to an end but there was still one island hop to go. This time it was a proper hop with no visit back to the mainland required.
As Sarah had been up all night Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Nov 24, 2014
- First taste of MalaysiaI left Koh Phangan not because I wanted to (I could have stayed forever....), but because I had to... My thai visa had expired. I caught a very early morning boat/bus combo to take me all the way to Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Aug 21, 2014
- Borneo 'Lite'[center][/center]
Borneo. Visions of virgin tropical rainforest, swampy, steamy jungle, headhunter Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Nov 8, 2014
- Borneo - Sepilok and Kota KinabaluIt's time for another map update. You can see the route we took from Guilin to Hong Kong, down to Northern Thailand before travelling further south to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and finally east to Borneo. Apparently we've travelled 21,692km so Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 17, 2014
- Borneo - Tawau & SempornaOur stopover in Tawau was fine, it’s a very small town and there isn’t anything really to attract tourists (aside from the airport hub). Seafood is one of their specialities though so we joined the locals at a seafood market Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 12, 2014
- JAKARTA - INDONESIAAfter my 5 days in Borneo, I flew to Jakarta, Indonesia. Jakarta was just supposed to be a one night thing before heading to Yogyakarta to see Borobudur (one of the top things I came to Indonesia to see), but Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- DAMAI BEACH, BORNEO - MALAYSIAI was staying in Kuching, and the nearest beach I could find was Damai Beach, approx 30-40min via taxi. I'm sure there was a bus, but I have no patience for that. The taxi was 120 Ringgit roundtrip, which is Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- BAKO NATIONAL PARK, BORNEO - MALAYSIAWell, today sucked, but was awesome all at the same time. My number one reason for choosing to travel to Borneo was to see orangutans & proboscis monkeys in the wild.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508675/large_82EAEDDEFC4D90EA151F594DA007899B.j Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 9, 2014
- KUCHING, BORNEO - MALAYSIAAfter a week of traveling all around Bali, Indonesia I flew to Borneo. Where the heck is Borneo you ask? Its right above Indonesia. Its that big island on the map. Its made up of 3 countries. Mostly Indonesia, part Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 9, 2014
- Kuala LumpurIt’s Wednesday afternoon, and I’m writing this entry on a flight heading east to the island of Borneo, the Malaysian side in a region called Sabah. There are two kids screaming behind us and kicking our chairs whenever they feel Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 8, 2014
- Roaming around in Kuala LumpurWe spent the next 2 days in Kuala Lumpur, checking out the city by train and occasionally, monorail. Kuala Lumpur has an efficient urban train network and covers the city well.
We are ready to go..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/453858/KL_Da Posted by arunbaliga in Arun Baliga@Travellers Point | Sep 28, 2014