- Encapsulated by the Trees The islands around me felt like they were watching over me, and trapping me in this huge park. Going fast, in a speedboat, feeling the cold water as it splashed us all. The rain combining with the water made it Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- The Orang Asli Tribe Seeing the lives of someone else, is also (ironically) life changing. Especially when they live in a different city, different country, and with different resources. The "Orang-Asli" tribe. "Orang Asli" in Malay, translates to "original people." They are Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- On The WayOn the way to Belum State Park
The plane ride to Penang
It was the worst
It was like monkeys sang
I just wanted to burst
Onto the bus ride now
Struggling to catch up on sleep
I kept wondering, how?
Then I fell in deep...
Waking u Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- A Swarm of GnatsThe hot, glaring sun was about to set. It was roughly around 7pm when we reached back from our long day. We were all tired and famished.
All 39 or so of us entered the small but adequate dining hall. The Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 22, 2016
- The Squeaky Beds[center]Boing! suggests,the squeaky beds
Of the houseboats, houseboats in Belum.
Sounding no fun at all.
Loud, Noisy, Irritating, Frustrating
But couldn’t do a single, single thing to stop it now.
Couldn’t sleep a single night,
Nor me nor my fri Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 22, 2016
- A World Much Different To MineA world much different to mine
A few weeks ago, I’ve got the opportunity to visit a tribe, the Orang Asli Tribe (a Malaysian word for the first people, or the original peo Posted by Doglover123 in What Happens When I Go Outside | Nov 22, 2016
- Eat it all (A parody of the song Shake It Off)
Eat it all (A parody of Shake it off)
I like to eat food
I haven’t eaten a Steam Boat
And I know what I’m going to do mmm-mm
And I know what I’m going to do mmm-mm
Posted by Doglover123 in What Happens When I Go Outside | Nov 22, 2016
- Left, Right, Left, Right!The water was very still, yet I still was nervous. Rafting wasn’t my thing, well- that’s a lie, I had never been rafting before, this would make it my first time. I’ve watched lots of tv shows about rafting before, Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 21, 2016
- Did somebody say Waterfall? We had just come back from an exhausting trek with mud and leeches and we were so petrified that none of us wanted to go on the 2nd trek which included more leeches and more mud, the teachers felt bad Posted by Megarawela in Royal Belum | Nov 21, 2016
- In someones else's world Since we visited the Orang Asli village more than once in our trip, I decided to ask the opinions of my classmates on which was the more eventful and overall more enjoyable trip. I will give you a quick summary Posted by Writer of Words in The man made lake | Nov 21, 2016
- The Leech Trek
The Leech Trek. The trek which was the most horrifying, disgusting and scary trek for every single one in Yr 9. We went through the tracks, into the deep green jungle, mak Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 21, 2016
- The Raft Building Competition
Long long time ago, in the 1990s, there was a small 8 year old kid whose name was Saanika who just for the second time had gone alone for a school trip out of Singapore to Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 21, 2016
- The Speedboat Ride
The Speedboat Ride. It is of no worth to go to Malaysia without having a speedboat ride to travel in the man-made river of Belum which is 4 times of the size of Singapore. Belum. Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 21, 2016
- The Rain disguise as a waterfall[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/862615/IMG_0284.jpg caption= Walking along the river Posted by Writer of Words in The man made lake | Nov 21, 2016
- Before the trekAs the speed boats came to a stop, one by one, Year 9 Chatsworth International students, were jumping onto the land, to start their trek. And look, OMG, it’s really her! Yu Nyudo! Yu Nyudo, is a world class indoor Posted by Doglover123 in What Happens When I Go Outside | Nov 21, 2016
- Swimming At Royal Belum National ParkOnce upon a time, there was a girl. Her name was Yu, she had a mother, a father and 2 sisters, lived in sunny Singapore, and had a very privileged life. One day, she was at Royal Belum National Park Posted by Doglover123 in What Happens When I Go Outside | Nov 20, 2016
- The Orang Asli TribeMaking Preparations to leave.
Here we were trying to get to know what we were going to to do for the half day. I payed attention. They told that first of all we will be head Posted by Saanika in The Trips You Have Never Heard Of | Nov 20, 2016
- The Competition!
We start this story with a competition. Beginning with Group A, they consisted of nine people. Mr. Gunputh, Maayan, Paul- Emile, Alice, Lea, Amy, Baxter and Lexa. There were 4 groups in total, Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- Bruised Bunch!
The group starts off jumping off the slippery, muddy speedboats. They land in revolting black mud, some of the adventurer’s start to squint in disgust. They make their way through the mud and Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- My new best friends the Leeches!
The second trek of the trip. The longest one of all. This experience of mine has probably been the worst one on the trip. Firstly, let’s start with what happened. We started cli Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- Our First Activity
Hi Mrs. Hoff,
Let me just tell you about this fascinating trip I went on with my school friends just a few days ago. The day we got there was when we all caught a whiff of Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- Blowing in the Wind!
My Favourite Ride,
The Boats, the speedboats,
The gas steaming in our throats.
Our groups sitting in seats,
Look, we can even see the streets.
They told us it was a man made lake,
Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- The Start Of A Journey With the many things that happened on CEW that are worth mentioning the journey itself to get to the houseboats to many was considered a big part of CEW. It began with us having to meet at Terminal 2 of Posted by bdickevans21 in The Penang River Madness | Nov 20, 2016
- Sepang, MalaysiaMy last stop before returning was in Kuala Lumpur, partly because it was the cheapest way to get back but also because the Formula 1 Grand Prix was in town. I caught a late flight from Manila and ended up Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Sep 30, 2016
- Historic MelakaToday we were heading to Melaka. We made our way to the BTS and found out that buses left every 15 minutes to Melaka, how convenient. We booked tickets for 10 am which was essentially right away. The bus station Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Nov 4, 2016