- Cameron highlandsAah go on go on go on go on go on go on go on........
Mrs Doyle from "Father Ted" would have had multiple orgasms at the sight of the Cameron Highlands. (For those who have never heard of "Father Ted", Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 19, 2013
- Second time luckyAfter my "ordeal" in South America was I willing to put myself in the line of fire once again? As we walked from our attractive hotel in Penang, Malaysia Aine spotted a barbers shop and hinted maybe it was a Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 19, 2013
- PenangWe got a luxury coach from Cameron Highlands to Penang, also known as Georgetown. Penang is Just off the mainland linked by a 13.5 km three-lane, dual carriageway. Penang is often known as "The Pearl of the Orient" mainly Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 19, 2013
- KL InternationalI bashed in the entry last night really just to confirm that I still had access. 2 Years ago I did a blog of my trip to Europe, meeting Alex and her friend Olivia, which can be found [[http://peterd.travellerspoint.com/|here]], so Posted by peter.dudley in lets.sea | Sep 10, 2013
- MelakaOn our way to the South of the malaysian peninsula, towards Singapore, we used our opportunity to stop in Melaka for a couple of days.
This town, that was founded as an important trading hub in the early 15. century, is Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Sep 9, 2013
- PutrajayaOn the evening of our return from Taman Negara NP we had arranged to catch up with Asmadi, a friend from my studies in Perth. He used this opportunity to show us Putrajaya, the government city south of KL, where Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Sep 8, 2013
- Taman Negara National ParkRather motivated than scared by our trips to the jungle in Thailand, we were eager to experience the nature in Malaysia first hand as well. This was the reason why we went off to the Taman Negara national park. With Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Sep 8, 2013
- STOPOVER IN ASIA part 3
Thursday 5th Sept 13 (day 5)
Today is a travel day. We are flying from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. One of the reasons I chose to come to Ayutthaya was to get out of the craziness Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Sep 8, 2013
- Rumble in the JungleJust like Tarzan and Jane we were, swinging from vines on our 2 day, one night trek in the jungle. NOT! Well, it was more like we were clinging to vines to keep us upright.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/539569/large_270_IMG_4114.jpg caption=Me Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 7, 2013
- Kuala LumpurArrived in KL from Java and first thing I did when we landed was head straight for the duty free and bought a litre bottle of Irish Whiskey (unable to specify particular brand due to contractural reasons)!!!!!
Arriving in KL Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Sep 6, 2013
- Red Nails in the Sunset[center][/center]
Look at Jill's and Michelle's shiny new nails, all done in the name of medical experimentation. No animals were harmed in the process, or that is what they were told.
Jill Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 4, 2013
- MelakaWe arrived to Melaka after a short and comfortable trip. Our expectations weren't high as we were thinking that it would be similar to Gorgetown. Fortunately this wasn't the case and Melaka turned out to be a smaller and nicer Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Sep 4, 2013
- George Town, Penang, Malaysia===
27 August 2013 – continued===
It was a short ride from Boardroom to the Koh Samui airport but we were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. The airport itself is just one story but very spread out. Check in for Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 3, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur greeted us with tremendous heat and the tout for one of the gusthouses who decided to walk us to the backpacking district. So we run with our big backpacks through colourful Chinatown until his destination. As we Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 30, 2013
- Kuala LumpurA journey to Malaysia would not be complete without a stop at the capital Kuala Lumpur (or just KL).
Hence, we too visited this South-East Asian metropole for a couple of days, to get an impression of the vibrating heart of Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 27, 2013
- LangkawiFrom Penang we took the ferry to our second destination in Malaysia, the island of Langkawi. This island or rather this island group with altogether 99 island of which besides the main island only two are inhabited lies 2 1/2 Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 26, 2013
- PenangOur first stop in Malaysia was Penang. I had visited this island in the country’s north-west before during my studies, but then lectures and group work were the main purposes. Although of course even then exploration and night life did Posted by fkrebs in World tour 2012-2014 | Aug 25, 2013
- Taman NagaraWe started travelling early in the morning by hitchhiking our way to Kuantan. Once there we took a bus to Jerantum. We had a bit of time in there to our next bus so we did a bit of shopping Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 25, 2013
- Bye Bye Brenda===03 -5 Aug 2013===
Off again, up early and now it’s Air Asia to KL. Short flight, easy through immigration and we grab our bags and catch the bus into KL Sentral where we can either get the metro or Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Aug 23, 2013
- East Coast of Peninsular MalaysiaW ith the public holidays in a full bloom we decided to go to the Muslim dominated region of Malaysia as we had a brilliant idea that this was the best place to observe celebrations. Oh well, we were wrong Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 22, 2013
- Surprised by Perhentian Island, MalaysiaAfter an hour of plane ride from Subang to Kuala Terengganu, followed by an hour plus of van ride to the jetty and finally an hour of boat ride we arrived at Perhentian Island. Greeted by crystal clear water Posted by MarcuZ in Journey of happiness anywhere anytime | Aug 22, 2013
- Cameron HighlandsWe decided to cut short our stay in Georgetown and head to Cameron Highlands for a few days. The place is famous for its tea plantations, strawberries, for being cooler than the rest of Malaysia and for trekking. We found Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 21, 2013
- GeorgetownAfter recovering in the beach we decided to head for yet another island. This time to see a city tough, George Town. After a bit of stress with the bus service that was finished we manage to arrived there Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 7, 2013
- LankgawiAfter thorough preparation we managed to move on from Koh Samui with a feeling of success as on our way to Trang we were the only tourists found on boats, buses and vans. The mentioned town is not an obvious Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Aug 7, 2013
- MALAYSIA – RAMADAN AND A KINDNESS KIWI IN A TRAINAnother country that was included in our itinerary at the last minute was Malaysia, because we found cheap tickets from Kuala Lumpur (KL) to Kathmandu in Nepal. The way to KL was really interesting because it was done by Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Aug 6, 2013