- Pangkor Laut Day Three: finally chillingI wake at 03.30 and just snooze after that, before finally getting up – with a bad back from too much bed – at 07.30. A large breakfast of omelette with cheese, onion, pepper and chilli, followed by fruit and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 21, 2002
- Pangkor Laut Day Two: Pool, Jacuzzi and KayakingI’m finally beginning to get that ‘chill-out’ feeling. It’s raining again, and we debate whether or not to take the arranged jungle walk this morning. Having decided against it, the weather of course clears up. We send e-mails instead, although Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 20, 2002
- Pangkor Laut Day One: Emerald BayWe must be getting better at this relaxation lark – we sleep for ten hours and don’t actually wake up until 08.30. After a rather pleasant sunrise, the weather becomes boringly overcast. There is lots of choice for breakfast: cooked Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 19, 2002
- Kuala Lumpur - Pangkor - Pangkor LautAmerican breakfast this morning is included in the price of the room, and very good it is too. There is a choice of freshly cooked omelette and fried eggs, yoghurts and fruits, pastries and bread, cereals and pancakes as well Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 18, 2002
- Shiva Rudrashtakam
Shiva Rudrashtakam belongs to the genre of lyric poetry, which tends to be short, extremely melodic, and contempla Posted by Quah Khian Hu in THE ROOTS OF BANYAN TREE | Dec 14, 2015
- MalaysiaBy luck and good fortune rather than good planning, I managed to end up in Penang on the day before my 64th birthday. Many of you will know that this is where I was born, so being here on my Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | Dec 14, 2015
- Down the Malay Peninsula===Kuala Lumpur===
[left][/left][left](above & detail below right) The Malaysian Houses of Parliament building, opened in 1963 [/left]
[right][img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Ozac in Back Down Shoestring Road | Nov 24, 2015
- Letter From Penang===From a letter home dated Thursday 3-11-1966===
We will be arriving in Sydney by Qantas, Flight No. QF732, at 6.50am, on Thursday 17th Nov. So that is just two weeks from today. It is quite early in the morning, but Posted by Ozac in Back Down Shoestring Road | Nov 23, 2015
- Singapore - Kuala LumpurAfter the fiasco of the expensive breakfast in the hotel in Darwin, we nip next door to MacDonald’s for our early morning feast of a sausage and egg butty. The portion is not large enough for David, but I am Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 17, 2002
- Borneo pt 2 The Kelabit Highlands
Our adventure to the Kelabit Highlands began on the 16-seater Twin Otter through pouring rain. We felt every gust of wind and, although the pilot was calmness personified (pretty sure we Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Nov 8, 2015
- Borneo pt 1 Kuching to The Kebun
Kuching is the Sarawak capital, a bustling city and the perfect place to start our week long double date with Team Pickles. We stayed in Chinatown and made a flukey discovery of an incr Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Oct 29, 2015
Leaving Bali by moonlight
Our first taste of Malaysian food
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725413/180_f Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Oct 11, 2015
- 14. Gunung Mulu National ParkGunung Mulu National Park became a UNESCO world heritage site in 2005. It’s one of the most thrilling natural wonders in all of Southeast Asia; massive mind boggling caves, old growth tropical rain forest, geological wonders, crystal clear rivers, and Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Oct 10, 2015
- BorneoSo in the whole planning of a seven month trip, it is a bit like a jigsaw puzzle, and sometimes in the reality of working, preparing a house for sale, and getting rid of thirty years of living, it is Posted by suel1960 in Sue's 2015 adventure continued | Oct 6, 2015
- On the nature trail in Kuching (Borneo)From the Cameron Highlands I headed down to Kuala Lumpur to catch a flight the next day to the Malaysian city of Kuching in Sarawak on the island of Borneo. I bough my ticket here on a bit of a Posted by Libbytes in PhD Celebration Travel | Sep 4, 2014
- Kuala LumpurReaders of this blog will notice a big difference between this KL post and our previous instalments for Japan and South Korea! After a flat-out tour over 4 weeks, we came to Kuala Lumpur to slow down, catch up Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Sep 7, 2015
- When Can You Make a Value Judgement?When do you get to make a value judgement?
This is a question that I’ve grappled with a lot during my time in Malaysia. I’ve thought about writing a blog for it on awhile but continually avoided it, thinking that with Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Aug 21, 2015
- We Made a Movie!!! (about three months ago . . .)Hey Everyone!
In case you were wondering, I'm still alive and doing well in Bera. Sorry about the blog failure. I've been preoccupied with personal statements, cover letters, and resume writing trying to figure out what my next step after this Posted by remullin in Year of the Rabbit | Aug 11, 2015
- Langkawi8th July
This morning we headed to the airport for our 35 minute flight to Langkawi. It was either this or a 3 hour ferry trip and from what I read it could get pretty rough. So it didn’t take me Posted by shaneandnicola in Borneo Malaysia 2015 | Jul 12, 2015
- Penang4th July – This morning we booked out of our hotel early as we had to take the trip back to KL to get our flight to Penang. Once again we had some rain on the way back to KL Posted by shaneandnicola in Borneo Malaysia 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- Malajski island hopping iliti ljenčarenje po otocimaGeorgetown (Penang) - Langkawi
Na petak trinaesti smo Paco i mi krenuli dalje prema otoku Penang, svatko na svojoj cesti, stopirajući. Andrewa smo dan ranije ohrabrili da učini isto pa smo se naposljetku istu večer svi zajedno opet našl Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Jul 6, 2015
- Sepilok wildlife adventuresHi everyone,
Here are some videos of our time at Sepilok.
The Proboscis Monkeys at their Sanctuary near Sepilok.
In 1994, while embarking on Oil Palm Plantation development near the mangrove swamps of the Posted by shaneandnicola in Borneo Malaysia 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- Malacca AKA Melaka2nd July – Today we said farewell to KL and headed south 144km to Malacca or Melaka as the Malaysians say. This historical city has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 7 July 2008.
Once we had settled Posted by shaneandnicola in Borneo Malaysia 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Kinabatangan River creaturesI'm a bit behind Nicola with my video posts, but here is a short compilation of some of the animals we encountered on the Kinabatangan River in Borneo.
Posted by shaneandnicola in Borneo Malaysia 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- Kuala Lumpur29th June – We had a relaxing morning in the hotel this morning before departing for the airport. Today we flew from Sandakan to Kuala Lumpur. We arrived in KL around 4.30 pm. The airport is 55km south of the Posted by shaneandnicola in Borneo Malaysia 2015 | Jul 1, 2015