- Day 7After breakfast we spent a pleasant hour in the pool before heading to the airport for our flight to the Maldives.
We're staying in a water villa on the island of Giraavaru (Gear-ava-roo) Island in the North Male Atol. It's about Posted by JenBuckley in Indian Ocean | Apr 16, 2014
- Comedy is all about timingSorry about the last post, it was only supposed to be up for a couple of days as a small tease before showing you the beauty of the Maldives. But we ended up starting our Kilimanjaro trek once we got Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Feb 6, 2014
- 2013 A9 OCEANIA - THE MALDIVESWe are now in the Male, the Maldives where we are due to be for 2 days. Don't know why 2 days. The Maldives are lots of little islands, most of which are private resorts & off limits to the Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Remembering My Old Aquarium
PERFECT WORLD . PERFECT TIME.
T’was a perfect Thursday morning. Blue skies and calm water. Everything was all set for a scuba dive, happening on the Posted by worldmeetsearl in WORLD MEETS EARL | Nov 25, 2013
- The MaldivesThe Maldives are an odd place, an odd country, and we give advice to all who would come here - don’t make an effort to do so. The country consists of 26 atolls into which its 1200 islands are Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Mar 19, 2013
- Life of PiIf you haven't seen Life of Pi, you really should! It's a beautiful movie about a boy cast away on a lifeboat after his ship sinks with a cast of characters represented by a Bengali tiger, a zebra, a hyena Posted by Travelosophy in Views from the Road | Feb 3, 2013
- Budget Maldives. Maafushi island.I see that many people are interested in a budget holiday in the Maldives and decided to share my experience of travel in this heavenly place for little money. Maybe my experience will help someone save the family budget.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Carolyn9 in Budget Maldives. Maafushi island. | Nov 30, 2012
- Gan,MaldivesLanded at Gan Airport, then had to take a water taxi to our little Island 'Amari Addu', it only took 20 minutes! A bit scary as it was pitch black and the boat didn't seem to have any Posted by Lilla Merrick in Travel Expedition 2012 | Mar 2, 2012
- The MaldivesImagine a country that is made of up of over 1,000 tiny islands (one of the biggest is 2km by 2km). Then imagine that each island is surrounded by its own coral reef, white soft sands, and crystal clear Posted by jessndave in Asian Adventures | Nov 24, 2011
- Paradise and Shark Bait
Just in the airport waiting for our next flight so thought we’d give a little update to our blog on our Honeymoon in the Ma Posted by GarethandCat in We're on our way to OZ! | Sep 18, 2011
- Trains, Seaplanes and Horseboxmobiles.[im Posted by GarethandCat in We're on our way to OZ! | Sep 9, 2011
- FarewellsWe've been made to feel very special the last couple of days. Our teachers have given us all gifts to say thank you for coming and made us try on traditional gowns and did our hair for us. It was Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 24, 2011
- The Last WeekThis week has been pretty hectic. Luckily it's mostly an opt in system otherwise we would all be run into the ground. The kids loved all the Australian gifts we brought over for them. They keep asking for our contact Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 21, 2011
- Week ThreeIt's been a while since I've updated. We all had a pretty relaxed week of school. Lots of us got sick for a day or two and stayed in for a morning. Here's another picture of my class.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/396756/P7060570.jpg caption= Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 16, 2011
- More School and a Weekend to RememberToday my usual teacher was sick so I was only at school until 11am. Below is a picture of the school. The dirt section needs to be planted and Ahjib said that we can plan it and help plant if Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 9, 2011
- First Day of SchoolI was uploading my photos from school today onto the laptop to back them up incase I lost them and the laptop had a freak out and corrupted and deleted them. Oh the irony.
My temperature was down today (a perfect Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 5, 2011
- Getting sickJust so mum and dad don't freak out when they read this I'm going to start by saying I am fine and am feeling much better.
I woke yesterday morning feeling groggy with a bit of a headache which is Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 2, 2011
- More Lazy Days Below is a photograph of a few boys Tom, Cob, Maddie and I played soccer with. To start they were quite shy but once we got on the field and started playing stacks of other kids flocked to the field. Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jul 1, 2011
- Another Relaxing DayLat night a few of the locals came into our common room and taught some of us how to dance Maldivian style and how to play the drums. I was so tired I managed to fall asleep even though the Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jun 29, 2011
- OrientationIt took us over 24 hours to reach Thinadoo. We were held up at Male airport for a couple of extra hours and thought we'd missed our connecting flight but fortunately they held the flight for us. We arrived around Posted by SusannahBinsted in Maldives | Jun 28, 2011
- How To Heal A broken YouGet His /Her Picture and stare at it blankly. At the television, the radio, the mirror, the ground, the ceiling, people on the street, and pretty much everything in your field of vision.
Do not let more than fifteen minutes Posted by ChillinwithIce in The Sunny Side of LIfe | Jun 19, 2011
- I Carry That In My HeartYou had me at my worst yesterday.
I was never so proud telling you all those bitchy words. I never wanted to cast words so meaningless as hell hath no fury cast by a woman scorned. Specially to a Bitch that Posted by ChillinwithIce in The Sunny Side of LIfe | Jun 19, 2011
- Life as It Is.."I cheated."
2 words that hurts like hell. I knew It was coming. I was just not ready for it.
Should I get mad? Maybe I should. But for what purpose?
I am trying so hard to rationalize this.
I do not expect Posted by ChillinwithIce in The Sunny Side of LIfe | Jun 19, 2011
- SerendipityWho did not watch that movie?
Starring John Cusack and kate Beckinsale. Lovely couple. Cute love story.
A $5 bill and a book. They left it all out on destiny.
After 7 years fate found them.
I mean c'mon it does not happen Posted by ChillinwithIce in The Sunny Side of LIfe | May 28, 2011
- I need a BOOZE
I sat still in the flat's couch. Trying to shake off the boredom and the wanting to escape feeling.
I'm bored. have you ever get to that point where all you could see are the same pattern that you get to Posted by ChillinwithIce in The Sunny Side of LIfe | May 27, 2011