- GozoAfter a final huge breakfast we took the road all the way North to the Gozo ferry terminal, just as the car steering started to play up! The crossing was nice and smooth and we were able to sit on Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- Golden Bay and MelliehaIt was the sunniest day of the week so far so we decided to visit Mellieha and Golden Bay on the other coast. The road North went through St Paul's and Bugibba was nice and fast though we missed Mellieha Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- MdinaWe decided to drive inland to explore the old towns of Mdina and Rabat. It was about a 40 minute drive and we eventually found a place to park around a busy Mdina. It was another lovely old town surrounded Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- VallettaAs it was a bit overcast we decided to bite the bullet and actually visit the town of Valletta rather than just getting lost on the roads around it. We parked on the outskirts of town just outside the city Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- MarsaxlokkThe drive across the island to the colourful fishing port of Marsaxlokk was fairly awful - again we got hopelessly lost around Valletta. It was a lovely place with a peaceful harbour full of the colour fishing boats , where Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- A Quick Visit To Malta
'The most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later'
2016 was meant to be Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- Temples, Temples, Everywhere
Malta is steeped in history. And not just your run of the mill history, but cool, mysterious history. The kind of history that the Egyptian pyramid builders should have been studyin Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Apr 11, 2016
- MarsaxlokkSo - Marsaxlokk (Mar-sa-shlock) is a pretty little natural harbor located about a 20 minute bus ride south of Valletta.
Marsaxlokk has been a major port of commerce since the Roman t Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Apr 2, 2016
- 12,000 Steps Around VallettaSo our time on Gozo had come to an end and it was time to take the ferry back to Malta. The wind that had been building from the south for the last couple of days had become a Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Mar 29, 2016
- Wied Il-Ghasri and Xlendi to Ta CencThe last few days on Gozo have been a little on the windy side. On the upside, the wind has been from the south, so it was a little warmer, however; the Saharan source of the wind meant a Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Mar 26, 2016
- Nadur, the Azure Window and Xerri's GrottoNadur is another, slightly larger town to the east of our home base of Xaghra. According to Gramma's Fitbit, it is an approximately 10,000 step hike across the picturesque valley overlooking Ramla Bay. Due to the geography and Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Mar 22, 2016
- Victoria (Rabat) and the Salt Pans near Xwejni BayAs we've seen earlier, Malta is an old place. People have been living, conquering, annexing and colonializing these little islands several years before the dawn of recorded history (Spinal Tap reference....). Here we explore the main city on Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Mar 18, 2016
- On Planning, Persistence and ParenthoodOn Planning:
Those who know the O'Pachs well, know we are planning a gap year global trip in the near future. This trip to Malta (Grandparent safety-net notwithstanding) was supposed to be an opportunity to practice carrying everything needed in Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Mar 17, 2016
- Malta 2016We landed in Malta on Sunday and made a bee-line for the northern-most island of Gozo. It's a short ferry ride across the channel and past the tiny island of Comino (the home of the famous Blue Lagoon and Posted by atw41year in Malta 2016 | Mar 15, 2016
- Goodbye MaltaWe are about to head off to the airport after a lovely last minute wander around town and the harbour. Good bye Malta we sure have had an amazing time, far better than we could have hoped for.........and hope Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 24, 2015
- Our last full day in MaltaToday we went to the Splash and Fun - water park, oh my goodness, what a laugh this place was. It was like it had not been touched or maintained since the early 80's..... The position was incredible, overlooking the Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 23, 2015
- Day three and what a treat [img=http://photos. Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 22, 2015
- Day two in Malta[img=h Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 21, 2015
- A gorgeous day in MaltaToday we hit the sites of Malta in typical tourist style and got on the hop-on hop-off bus. This took us to to and through so many amazing little places. We went to a gorgeous fishing village with the most Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 20, 2015
- We all had a big sleep.........It is 5.30am and the sun is yet to come up but we all had a huge sleep and feel ready to start our adventures in the sun today. Summer has kicked on a little longer here and we Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 19, 2015
- We have arrived in Malta We arrived in Malta around 2pm after being on the travel journey for over 24 hours. T Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Sep 19, 2015
- The Republic of Malta===Easter in Malta===
After spending a couple of months planning a camper van holiday around Wales, we decided last minute that we wanted to spend time in the sun before our wedding. And what better place to visit for 7 Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Aug 13, 2015
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” [b][/b]People wrote plenty of different blogs about travelling. Some of them exciting, some are funny, another one are boring and full of unnecessary info. But no matter how they are and what you read, it will never substitute to you Posted by beautyeyes in Notes of Cheerful Pilgrim | Aug 12, 2015
- MALTA HERE I COME!
Wednesday 22nd July 2015 (day seventy-seven)
Koblenz to Frankfurt by train then fly to Malta
Had an easy morning, actually slept late so must have needed it aft Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jul 24, 2015
- MaltaMerħba lill Malta!
This. Place. Is. Awesome.
After two weeks of tracking through glaciers and over the frozen tundra of Scandinavia, this little rock in the middle of the Mediterranean was a very welcome sight!
[img=htt Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | May 28, 2015