Micronesia? Where is that? This is what most people’s reaction is to the idea of going to the remote expanses of the Pacific Ocean between the Hawaiian Archipelago and the Philippines. And Posted by assenczo in Micronesia Island Hopping | Mar 10, 2017
- Outer Island OutingsYokwe aolep!
As usual, this blog has been neglected over the past several weeks and now I am slightly overwhelmed with how much has happened and deserves prime spot time. I may have to shorten sections to save time, I Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | May 12, 2015
- Random Hodge-podge of activitiesYokwe, yokwe,
It’s been a sunny February on my side of the world, I doubt the same can be said for most of you (sorry to rub it in…kind of). Time has continued to fly by, I am in disbelief Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Feb 22, 2015
- Walking in a Choral WonderlandWHOA,
So this has been an even longer hiatus from blogging than usual. The busier I get the more daunting the task becomes, but I will do my best to pack it all in. This will mostly be Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Jan 20, 2015
- Excerpt from my Graduate School Application Essay
WARNING: this has very little to do with the Marshall Islands (although there is a few references). This is an excerpt from the personal statement I wrote for one graduate school program and rather than go into depth about Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Jan 20, 2015
- Humid for the HolidaysYokwe, Yokwe,
It’s been awhile. I fear that these long hiatuses may be an unavoidable reality during my journey this year. I apologize and ask that you are kind to me, as much as there seems to be “nothing to do Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Dec 7, 2014
- Long Time, No SeeWowza,
So it’s been awhile, I realize I have been seriously neglecting my blog followers and I apologize profusely. Things have been crazy over here in the Pacific and I have gotten a bit carried away in my own life. Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Oct 14, 2014
- Gotta Keep on MovinIt’s been another eventful couple weeks in the Pacific Ocean.
School has continued to be difficult, but I feel like I’m getting a better grasp on it every day. Grading takes forever, the students don’t study and never Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Sep 15, 2014
- Gray Skies are Gonna Clear Up...Yokwe and good tidings,
This post will hopefully be much more positive and much less whiney than the last one. Thanks for putting up with me. I want this blog to be honest and unfortunately sometimes life is unpleasant. Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Aug 31, 2014
- Teach Woes (and a dash of puppies)This has certainly been the most exhausting and emotionally taxing week so far on my adventure. This week I started teaching, and I have been in a whirl wind of frustration, fear and trying my best to figure things Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Aug 21, 2014
- Cockroach Kingdom and New BeginningsYo, yo, yiggidy, yo
So firstly, one of the volunteers in my group filmed a TON of stuff during orientation and made this amazing video about our experience. Here is the youtube link, you should give it a watch, it’s Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Aug 16, 2014
- Sharks, Shells and Saying goodbyeWell it has been a crazy few days for me!
First of all, I saw and swam with my first shark! In fact I am currently one of the only few volunteers who has seen one. The other night Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Aug 13, 2014
- Fears, Friends and Frolicking Hello my eastern time zone friends,
I have survived another exhausting (and exciting) week in Majuro. This week we were working on our practicum projects for orientation. We were split into different groups based on the age group we Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Aug 9, 2014
- The History of Bikini Atoll and some happier tidbits Hello my Gablogers (I wanted to give you a fun cool name like “Beliebers” ect….so get ready for some corny openings in the next few posts)
It’s been a lovely end of my first week in my Majuro Paradise. I Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Aug 2, 2014
- Newest Thought BubbleHello all!
So not much has changed since my last post on Sunday, but I have the chance to get on the internet today and I’m not sure when I will get this chance again. Our schedule keeps changing pretty Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Jul 28, 2014
- Opening statement and three days across the globeHello all! I’m not really sure if there is a “right” way to keep a blog…. So my plan over the next year is to use this piece of the internet as a sort of inner monologue. Ideally it Posted by gabbyfo in Humidity and Happiness | Jul 26, 2014
- The Continental Micronesia Island Hopper
Map: Manila to Mexico City. Move cursor over dots to show location names.
Interesting History: [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_Galleons|The Manila - Mexico Galleons (click)]]
Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Apr 21, 2011