Blog Entries tagged 'Melbourne'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Melbourne'
- The Next Chapter[center]
The next chapter in my Asian Adventures is going to be a bit different, as I'm heading for the hills! Actually, the mountains, to be precise.
Starting off in Bangladesh Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 7, 2015
- North of the Yarra
We only had one full day in Melbourne and so straight after breakfast we caught the tram from South Yarra into the city centre.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725429/267CA Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 31, 2015
- Leaving the Sea for the City
Today we would be driving the last bit of the Great Ocean Road and making our way to Melbourne for a two night stay. We had been really grateful for a warm and restful night's sleep and Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 28, 2015
- Goodbye Australia[center][/center]
There were tears - more than I expected - as I said goodbye to the place I have called home for the last year.
'Straya has been a real mix of tricks - each location h Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 3, 2015
- Melbourne - and meeting a celebrity!You have to tick off the big cities of Australia, so no visit would be complete without seeing beautiful Melbourne.
I can see why my cousins moved there and why so many English people up sticks and make it their Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | May 16, 2015
- Melbourne[[http://charlyanderic.travellerspoint.com/73/|Arriving in Melbourne]]
[[http://charlyanderic.travellerspoint.c Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 10, 2015
- Street Art - Melbourne
Melbourne is known as one of the world's great street art capitals for its unique expressions of art on approved outdoor locations.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Gr Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 9, 2015
- The Cosmopolitan - MelbourneThe City of Melbourne has produced some great walking guides, that help you get to know the city and see parts you might not see, or notice.
The Cosmopolitan Walk shows you stunnin Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 6, 2015
- Arriving in Melbourne
Our first day in Melbourne was a long one! The first view of Melbourne appeared as the sun came up
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/First_View_of_Melbourne.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 4, 2015
- Australien - Teil 2Nach rund zehn Tagen in und um Sydney zogen wir weiter in die Hauptstadt Canberra. Canberra ist eine Planstadt und wurde 1908 als Kompromisslösung zur Hauptstadt gewählt, um die Rivalität zwischen Sydney und Melbourne zu schlichten. Der Spatenstich Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 29, 2015
- Melbourne Monday Today we were on our own. We decided to get our packing in order: repack with newly laundered clothes and send newly acquired things home. We packed up a box, cabbed it to post, walked to South Morang station, the Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 6, 2014
- The puzzle box incidentAt last the kanggies! I knew it was going to be a great day when at last the kanggies came. Just as Teresa promised they would, most likely at dawn or at dusk, a kangaroo family grazed in the reserve Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 5, 2014
- No MSG... More chillies!4M- Saturday
Flav-eresa took us to two must-see institutions that are the backbone of Melbourne living: mcg and the casino.
Melbourne Cricket Ground (mcg, or as Lauren typically misnames, msg)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/513634FA Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 4, 2014
- AFL 101:AFL 101
With Prof Flav-eresa
Carlton or Richmond?
Black and gold or blue and white?
Notes taken during Aussie-Rules Football League game televised Friday night, in preparation for the live AFL game we were scheduled to see on Saturday.
Differe Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 3, 2014
- Mornington Peninchula
Teresa was there to supervise the Vegemite production this morning. She regrette Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 3, 2014
- Melbourne CityKara and David's Melbourne City Tour
We parked at crown casino car park and Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 2, 2014
- What's up with the Second Wagga?
Equipped with a white Toyota Camry and a map, we left at 10 o'clock in the mor Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 1, 2014
- AustraliaThe long flight of almost 14 hours from Dubai to Melbourne was quite enjoyable for me. Seated in one of the last rows I was lucky enough to have a three seat row all by myself. Therefore, I slept really Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Nov 18, 2014
- Dubai===Day 1===
After my flight with Emirates to Dubai which I enjoyed a lot (oriental design, USB-charger, big screens, water dispensers...) I needed to get to my couchsurfing host Ron somehow. It was a public holiday when I arrived so no Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Nov 9, 2014
- Systems, superstitions and Fashions in our FieldSYSTEMS, SUPERSTITIONS AND FASHIONS IN OUR FIELD!
Melbourne Cup Luncheon at Coffs Harbour Races
Tuesday, 4 November 2014
Thought I’d cobble a few words together and tell you what a great day out we had today at the races here in Coffs Harbour!
T Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Nov 4, 2014
- Fade Away (Plug Plug)But apparently i have a captive audience..
And while i've been holidaying i've been trying to run a crowd funding campaign for my short film Fade Away and it has been going a little slow and is drawing to a close Posted by traaxx in The Tricky Trip - USA 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Home from Home[center]
Its been a whole three months since we last blogged so forgive us if our writing is a bit rusty!
Our time living and working in Melbourne is about to come to an end, and there's a hell of a lot Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Aug 23, 2014
- What a difference a Bay makes==[center]The first recorded shot of World War I, the 'Gibraltar of the South', dozens of shipwrecks and entrance to the richest port in the world. All part of European history? Far from it! The other side of the world in Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Apr 14, 2014
- MelbourneWhew, back in Australia!
First of all, a story on our accommodation in Melbourne....
Picture this: We're sitting in our 12 bed dorm room in our hostel in Auckland and realizing we do Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 14, 2014
- To Summarise
It would seem incomplete to not finish this blog off with a final post with travel musings. Hopefully it won't turn into a 'on my gap yah' load of dribble. We could have offered advice on Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Apr 2, 2014