Blog Entries tagged 'Melbourne'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Melbourne'
- Australia: Melbourne (and on the way)First visit (Mon 6th June - Tues 14th June)
We spent Monday morning getting everything packed up ready for our relocation campervan adventure to Melbourne. For the benefit of those who don't know about 'relocations' the idea is that a car Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jun 29, 2016
- Planes, Trains & Shuttles (just for your Chris)So the last few days have passed in a blur of transport and hostels.
The 7th was the last day of my whistle stop tour of Tasmania. I drove down to Hobart in the morning and spent the afternoon doing Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 11, 2016
- What to do in Melbourne when you're not dancing tango[i][b]This was my second trip to Melbourne. The first time I stayed for almost a week and had time to explore the city and surroundings. The second time I had less than 48 hours and I spent quite a Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Apr 30, 2016
- Penguins!!!!!First thing I need to do with this entry is apologise, as in all the typing excitement with the campervan tales I forgot to thank those that bought us the campervan hire at our wedding. So thanks to Esther, Owen, Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Apr 6, 2016
- Our Melbourne FavouritesWe arrived on our working holiday visa in Melbourne in the middle of September on a 9 degree, drizzly day, cold and tired, sharing a 6 bed dorm, wondering why did we fly to the other side of the world Posted by Chelsandliam in Australia and New Zealand adventures | Dec 14, 2014
- Australia Round 1It is the first time for both of us to visit Australia so we decided to try and see as much of the country as possible in the time we had here.
After a fantastic flight with Qantas, thanks mainly to Posted by RTW2015-16 in Around The World in 62 Days | Nov 22, 2015
- A class, a practica, a milonga: two nights in Melbourne[center][/center]
Within hours of arriving, I was on my way to my first tango class since I started this trip. Melbourne, like Sydney, seems to have tango events nearly every night of the w Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Oct 25, 2015
- The Next Chapter[center]
The next chapter in my Asian Adventures is going to be a bit different, as I'm heading for the hills! Actually, the mountains, to be precise.
Starting off in Bangladesh Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 7, 2015
- North of the Yarra
We only had one full day in Melbourne and so straight after breakfast we caught the tram from South Yarra into the city centre.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725429/267CA Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 31, 2015
- Leaving the Sea for the City
Today we would be driving the last bit of the Great Ocean Road and making our way to Melbourne for a two night stay. We had been really grateful for a warm and restful night's sleep and Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 28, 2015
- Goodbye Australia[center][/center]
There were tears - more than I expected - as I said goodbye to the place I have called home for the last year.
'Straya has been a real mix of tricks - each location h Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 3, 2015
- Melbourne - and meeting a celebrity!You have to tick off the big cities of Australia, so no visit would be complete without seeing beautiful Melbourne.
I can see why my cousins moved there and why so many English people up sticks and make it their Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | May 16, 2015
- Melbourne[[http://charlyanderic.travellerspoint.com/73/|Arriving in Melbourne]]
[[http://charlyanderic.travellerspoint.c Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 10, 2015
- Street Art - Melbourne
Melbourne is known as one of the world's great street art capitals for its unique expressions of art on approved outdoor locations.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Gr Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 9, 2015
- The Cosmopolitan - MelbourneThe City of Melbourne has produced some great walking guides, that help you get to know the city and see parts you might not see, or notice.
The Cosmopolitan Walk shows you stunnin Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 6, 2015
- Arriving in Melbourne
Our first day in Melbourne was a long one! The first view of Melbourne appeared as the sun came up
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/First_View_of_Melbourne.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 4, 2015
- Australien - Teil 2Nach rund zehn Tagen in und um Sydney zogen wir weiter in die Hauptstadt Canberra. Canberra ist eine Planstadt und wurde 1908 als Kompromisslösung zur Hauptstadt gewählt, um die Rivalität zwischen Sydney und Melbourne zu schlichten. Der Spatenstich Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 29, 2015
- Melbourne Monday Today we were on our own. We decided to get our packing in order: repack with newly laundered clothes and send newly acquired things home. We packed up a box, cabbed it to post, walked to South Morang station, the Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 6, 2014
- The puzzle box incidentAt last the kanggies! I knew it was going to be a great day when at last the kanggies came. Just as Teresa promised they would, most likely at dawn or at dusk, a kangaroo family grazed in the reserve Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 5, 2014
- No MSG... More chillies!4M- Saturday
Flav-eresa took us to two must-see institutions that are the backbone of Melbourne living: mcg and the casino.
Melbourne Cricket Ground (mcg, or as Lauren typically misnames, msg)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/513634FA Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 4, 2014
- AFL 101:AFL 101
With Prof Flav-eresa
Carlton or Richmond?
Black and gold or blue and white?
Notes taken during Aussie-Rules Football League game televised Friday night, in preparation for the live AFL game we were scheduled to see on Saturday.
Differe Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 3, 2014
- Mornington Peninchula
Teresa was there to supervise the Vegemite production this morning. She regrette Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 3, 2014
- Melbourne CityKara and David's Melbourne City Tour
We parked at crown casino car park and Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 2, 2014
- What's up with the Second Wagga?
Equipped with a white Toyota Camry and a map, we left at 10 o'clock in the mor Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 1, 2014
- AustraliaThe long flight of almost 14 hours from Dubai to Melbourne was quite enjoyable for me. Seated in one of the last rows I was lucky enough to have a three seat row all by myself. Therefore, I slept really Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Nov 18, 2014