- Lost cities, giant trees & boiling water The ruins of Monte Alban are truly astonishing and we were very lucky to have an excellent guide to show us around.
Benito explained that many successful ancient civilisations can be found along the same latitude (N18-20 i.e. the Tropic of Posted by izzy_hay in Central America & Beyond 2017 | Apr 19, 2017
- "Who's Who" and OaxacaFollowing an ice cold shower and quick breakfast (scrambled eggs and coffee - not spicy refried beans, thank goodness), we started our 5 hour bus journey from Puebla to Oaxaca (pronounced wa-ha-ka). The scenery is varied - arid plains and Posted by izzy_hay in Central America & Beyond 2017 | Apr 19, 2017
- Weekend in MexicoI woke up in the morning and got ready, then I had brunch in the hotel, Riviera Maya. From there I started my half day tour of Cancun, Mexico. The tour starts at 2:00pm and ends at 9:00pm. I first Posted by jacy07 in Dream Trip Around The World | Apr 18, 2017
- Teotihuacan & PueblaI learnt an important lesson yesterday - always carry a dictionary and phrase book! I have struggled with the simplest of conversations, to the extent that I ordered guacamole, chorizo tacos and agua at lunch because they were the only Posted by izzy_hay in Central America & Beyond 2017 | Apr 16, 2017
- Mexico CityTwo things occurred to me as I was driven to my hotel late last night. Firstly, I noticed how colourful Mexico City is. Despite being dark (it was 3am), I could see that many of the buildings are painted in Posted by izzy_hay in Central America & Beyond 2017 | Apr 15, 2017
- Week 18
Departing early for the airport is never an easy way to start ones day and as it turned out the reason I had to do this was Janet's flight was earlier than mine but in the end her flight never Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Apr 11, 2017
- Week 17 As I begin my last week here I wonder what is it that draws me back home. I have to say it is mostly being back with my kids. They really inspire me and I love their company. They have Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Apr 5, 2017
- Introducing myselfHi, I'm 17 years old and I had the chance to study in Canada, so here is my first blog about after Canada.
Two months after Canada
Two months already and I miss Canada as much as I did the first day Posted by rositasolis in Rosita Solis | Apr 3, 2017
- Week 16
Well I didn't keep to tradition and take Janet into Chicxulub for a panuchos breakfast (she went on her own the next day); instead we joined the neighbours for one of the monthly Naval breakfa Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Mar 26, 2017
- Cozumel, MexicoBeautiful day in Cozumel. We went to the sopping plaza right across from the pier. We looked at all the usual souvenir shops. We had a drink and "soaps" in a small restaurant. The weather was warm 75 degrees Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Mar 27, 2017
- Sea day on the NCL Epic.We have a balcony on starboard midship. Great for a book and scenery along the way.
We had a relaxing day at sea. We saw
One of the hit shows called"BurnTheFloor"
It was great.
Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Mar 27, 2017
- On my own for a week! Mixed emotions saying goodbye to Dara for 2 months while he goes on his adventure to Japan; the difference this time is Liam is along for the walk and this will make it a whole new experience.
Tried Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Mar 21, 2017
- Arrival of Austrians to the list of our company I was again taken by the ancient stone houses and the contrast of the restoration of one next to another that was crumbling in disrepair. Both displayed their own unique beauty. And then, of course there were the doors.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Mar 14, 2017
- Transatlantic Voyage March 2017
We are going to be cruising across the Atlantic from Orlando to Barcelona, Spain on the Norwegian Epic.
The ship is about 7 years old and is one of NCL's largest ships. It caries about 4100 passengers and 1753 crew Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Mar 14, 2017
- Cabo San Lucas .
We decided to stay on the ship and enjoy a quiet day in the Sanctuary. The ship was anchored and the tenders took passengers in all day. It was still a little cool on deck but Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Mar 12, 2017
We took a taxi to our time share. We had a great day taking in some sun and swimming in the pool. We had a Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Mar 12, 2017
- Shore Excursion to Turtle Farm in Manzanillo Mexico W
We took a ship sponsored tour to Manzanillo so we could see the Turtle farm. It was sunny and warm. The trip included seeing how Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Mar 12, 2017
- Wehrell-ed Travel, Mexico“It’s time to move on. Time to get goin’. What lies ahead I have no way of knowing.”
Oh Tom Petty, I totally know what lies ahead, you fool. It’s work, bills, a mortgage, stress, errands, cooking, rain, and enough coffee Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Mar 11, 2017
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoAfter a good day yesterday in which Desmond behaved well enough again for me to take him to the beach to play and run a few shopping errands (diapers anyone?), we decided that it was time to venture a trip Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Mar 9, 2017
- Dara's birthday and the Carnival parade and Cara's arrival The week started with the annual Mardi Gras parade which we delighted in watching at La Antigua with a few friends.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/468235/large_77 Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Mar 4, 2017
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoToday is a new day. The sun went down last night and this morning it returned, fresh and light. With it came a new toddler. Well, not really. Don’t panic, we didn’t take someone else’s kid. There’s no way anyone Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Mar 3, 2017
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoThis is our third trip to Mexico, second with kids, and each visit has been vastly different. The first for obvious reasons. A vacation to Mexico for a couple in their twenties is fueled by swim up bars, sunset booze Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Mar 1, 2017
- Valerie's second weekWe had ordered a car online from our trusty car rental site and found a great two day deal. We picked up the car the night before our trip to Campeche allowing us to enjoy an evening Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Feb 28, 2017
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoCalling travel anywhere when accompanied by little ones is never a vacation. It doesn’t matter where you are going or what the agenda is. Spa retreat in Taos? What a vacation that would be! Unless you have kids. Then it’s Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Feb 27, 2017
- Vallarta TorresWe took a cab back to Torres and had a leisurely lunch before getting back on the ship. It was sunny and there was pool volleyball and bingo going on at the timeshare. It was a quick walk Posted by AnnMcFall in Sea the World | Feb 25, 2017