- Hot hot hot!Today's high was 35°C, with the humidity making it feel like 45°C.
So what were we to do?
There was only one solution: a day pass at a fancy hotel. Some hotels let you use their pool and facilities for the day Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 30, 2013
- boating & fishing adventures in Calderitas ===I only have to bike 20mins to get to a supermarket and Cinema which has a few films in English. It's delightful here. Restaurants along the sea front smell delicious. Right in front of the Yaxha campsite you have a Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 30, 2013
- Heureux...Fille heureuse (merci aux nounous Sylvie et Serge !):
Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 29, 2013
- Week Four I wake up every day around 6:30-6:45. Not sure why as I sleep in at home. I do enjoy the early morning with the sun light changing how my terrace view is; and the sea is usually very calm at Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2013 | Jan 28, 2013
- Paseo de MontejoL'avenue Paseo de Montejo est connu comme le Champs Élysée de Mérida. Le dimanche avant-midi l'accès aux véhicules autres que les vélos et les calèches y est interdit et les familles mexicains s'y promènent tranquillement.
Vers la fin du XIXe si Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 27, 2013
- Where We Stayed: Grand Palladium Riviera Maya (White Sands)The Grand Palladium Riviera Maya is between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, about an hour south of the Cancún airport. The architects had an eco-friendly mindset, as they tried to build around the mangroves and other aspects of the environment. Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jan 27, 2013
- Bienvenido a MexicoAfter a relatively average night sharing a bed with Snap, we headed downstairs for some breakfast. After receiving our much anticipated glowing welcome downstairs (a vacant glare from behind reception) we made quick with the food so we could Posted by roamingbullocks in Nick's Past Adventures | Jan 27, 2013
- Ruins & a cenoteYesterday we spent the day relaxing and doing pretty much nothing. What a luxury!
So today we were up for another day trip, or rather, a half-day trip. The owner of the hotel we had stayed at during the first few Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 25, 2013
- Biking from Xpujil to Chetumal I left Xpujil at around 9 am, I had become quite attached to my little cabin, with it's shafting light coming through the cracks in the wooden walls and huge fan above my head keeping me cool. I hopped on Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 25, 2013
- A Picnic At The Local Cenote===Our friends Eduardo and Diana have invited us on a picnic. To our surprise we were going to a Cenote which was within the city boundaries at a local park. Cenotes are fresh water sinkholes that are part Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Jan 25, 2013
- Chichén ItzáHier nous avons pris le bus à 6h30 pour aller visiter les ruines de Chichén Itzá, à 2h de route de Mérida. On avait lu qu'il vaut mieux y arriver tôt avant la chaleur et surtout avant l'invasion des groupes Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 24, 2013
- We Arrived, Back In Mexico===We arrived in Playa del Carmen after a very smooth and fast arrival in Cancun Airport. We feel right at home and have had fun seeing all the changes from last year. Our Condo was just like coming Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Jan 22, 2013
- Vamos a la playaWhile it is -35C and colder back home, here it is sunny in the morning and cloudy later in the day, with comfortable temperatures of 26C or so + humidity.
This morning we took the opportunity to go to the Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 22, 2013
- Week ThreeWe started off the week with such lovely weather as it had been since I arrived and this continued on Wednesday as well. Keep reading to see more details of how it all changed
On the 15th of every month Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2013 | Jan 21, 2013
- Sights and soundsThis morning Steve and Serge made us a big breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, tomatoes, and coffee from Chiapas) and then Steve and I left Lily with Serge and Sylvie so that we could go buy 2 cell phones. We had Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 21, 2013
- First entry 21/1/2013 Xpujil===Welcome to my blog.
This is the first time I have written a blog about my travels. I usually film every thing I do, like a video diary, or a kind of 'Gonzo' journalism. I have filming a documentary series Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 21, 2013
- DomingoSundays in Mexico are meant for families, and Mérida is no exception.
The Plaza grande (central square) fills with market stalls, vendors walk around with balloons and cotton candy, clowns make balloon animals for children, and there is dancing in the Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 20, 2013
- 19 janvierLe 19 janvier marque nos 12 ans ensemble comme amoureux. 12 ans d'amour, d'aventures et de surprises.
Et que ça continue !
Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 19, 2013
- Bienvenue chez nous !Hier vers 16h Steve est parti chercher nos amis qui arrivaient par bus de Cancún. Nous leur avions dit comment se rendre et à quelle gare à Mérida. En cas de pépin, ils avaient notre adresse pour prendre un taxi Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 19, 2013
- House Hunters InternationalWhile we were renovating, one of my favourite programmes was House Hunters International (HGTV). The programmes followed people who went to other countries to work or vacation. Each time, they visited three houses or apartments and had to choose the Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 17, 2013
- Front froidBrrr...ils annoncent plus froid ici demain:
[[http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/mxyuc0000|Cliquez ici pour voir la météo à Mérida]]
Un peu comme le front froid qui passe chez nous, non?
[[http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/caqc0469|Cliquez ici pou Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 16, 2013
- Tour bus travel vs VoluntourismHave I been doing it wrong all these years?
I don’t exactly know where my inspiration came from to volunteer. I’ve always been the type of person to watch documentaries on starving children in Africa, [b]feel absolutely heartbroken and vow to Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Jan 14, 2013
- On the RoadOn Saturday we took the ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen. It was windy on the 45-minute crossing, and we had even had rain overnight. Of the three of us Steve seems to have the best sea legs. Lily Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Jan 14, 2013
- Week Two Without Alexis here to drag me for my walk I have not been doing as many as I should. With Dara arriving now, I will get him to be my incentive. the mornings are just so delightful. Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2013 | Jan 14, 2013
- Chapulines in Oaxaca: Collecting, Cooking and MoreGrasshoppers, more popularly known as chapulines here in the southern Mexico state of Oaxaca, are one of the most popular snack foods enjoyed by residents. Although they are available year round, in particular throughout the central valleys and in Posted by titosarah in Helpful Information for Mexico Travelers | Jan 14, 2013