- December 22ndToday was a day of on-board exploration--exploring each of the five separate buffet areas to see what was available to eat. And, good Heavens, there is always was a lot to eat--too much in face.
Decided to unpack my bags, Posted by dickmetz1 in First Cruise | Dec 22, 2014
- Nuestra Señora de GuadalupeThe acoustics of a natural amphitheatre are amazing!
The historical Centro Guanajuato is set between several hills, so everything sounds like it is coming from just below our patio. On our first night Shona and I were disappointed that we Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Dec 22, 2014
- Video Summary of our stay in Tepoz Posted by TravelbyBeach in Tizz•Ventures | Dec 21, 2014
- Fishermen and other early risersThis morning we woke at 5 am to the thump thump base a jumble of music coming from the southeast corner of our block and threatening to shatter the windows of our balcony doors. It wasn't one tune. Rather Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 21, 2014
- Sunday Morning OptionsBeing an outsider looking for a community of fellow Christians to worship with can be quite a look-in-the-mirror experience. How a community portrays itself really makes a difference to attract or repel others. I've got to Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 21, 2014
- Yes, we were kidnapped on the way to the Dentist in MexicoOkay. So I know a few of you warned us of kidnappings in Mexico. And I have been pretty
cavalier about any concerns regarding that possibility. But, believe it or not, we were
vict Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 21, 2014
- The Only Time in the WorldWell I did a pretty good search on the Internet and did not find references to a new theory,
about Time and the El Castillo/Kulkulkan structure, I'm about to put forth here.
Firs Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 21, 2014
- Come on, Vamonos!Well the big day that had been circled in red Sharpie on the family calendar finally arrived. Norm had spent the previous four weeks curling and drinking his way around Scotland. And according to him - having as much fun Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Dec 20, 2014
"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love,
you have to find the courage to live it."
Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 20, 2014
- What to do on a Rainy Day in Playa Del CarmenLast night we experienced a big thunderstorm with lightning, and loud bangs and crashes.
When it rains near the ocean, it pours. Fortunately, an average temperature of 26 celcius on the Yucatan peninsula, makes getting caught in a thunderstorm Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 20, 2014
- It Takes Three Days...[center][/center]
Well it took just three days, but Stephen succumbed to the Mexican Cleanse. It also usually takes about three days to stop comparing Mexico to Canada and just start living Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Dec 19, 2014
- Setting up a home for only a monthWe knew that setting up an apartment would be different than staying in a hotel. The main difference is that we have a kitchen. Our goal is to cook many of our own meals and only eat out Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 18, 2014
- Ik Kil Cenote
We are having a great stay here in Chichen Itza. Today was spent at the Ik Kil Cenote. I had never heard of a 'cenote' until we arrived in Chichen Itza and George said we would v Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 18, 2014
- Busted by the Federales Crossing the border into Mexico can feel like entering into the heart of darkness, if you believe half of what you read. Driving was Stephen’s idea, and I was nervous but not afraid to take it on.
When we Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Dec 16, 2014
- How does one rent an apartment in a different country?We've vacationed in Mexico - but it has always been with a fairly enclosed and isolated situation.
The first time we went to Playa Del Carmen was a cruise stop in Cozumel and a land excursion to Tulum.
I remember getting off Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 16, 2014
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoOnward our vacation continues, sans stomach bug. The relief we feel is wonderful, but I can't help but wait for the other shoe to drop. Or my small intestine. It's hard not to worry about being sick when you've already Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Dec 15, 2014
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoIt never ceases to fail--my visit to any Latin American country almost always seem to leave me with some sort of unpleasant illness. This trip has proven no different. This time, however, it wasn't food or drink that took me Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Dec 15, 2014
- Where are We?Howdy All!
Gosh, I've never thought of blogging while swinging in a hammock just a stone's throw from ancient Mayan ruins but, here I am doing just that.
It seemed like a whirlwind the past 10 days but really the cruise in Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 15, 2014
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoLeaving for any trip always feels to be a meticulous act of planning, organizing, and lining up rows of proverbial ducks. My general course of action is to find us a place to stay before leaving. Because, let's face it, Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Dec 11, 2014
- Totally RuinedAnus fully intact, I arrived in Oaxaca (pronounced Wahaka) after a 7½ hour bus ride.
My hostel consisted of the usual dorms surrounding a central patio area filled with jungle plants and hammocks. I instantly made friends with some hostel residents Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Dec 11, 2014
- Heaven I have had a crazy time since I bought my bike, and made it five minutes from my house when the pedal fell off. I have been in a car accident, taken three days off work, been to Oaxaca, Posted by Tampicoandlisa in Lisa in Tampico, Mexico | Dec 6, 2014
- Timeshare: Pirate
Okay. I had this feeling that I could have become a pirate had I lived between the 15th and 17th centuries.
Sure, this feeling came to me while I was swimming in the blue warm bat Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 5, 2014
- saludos desde MéxicoShortly after arriving in Cancun Tuesday, we were greeted by a big storm. It was mild and balmy, with lots of wind and rain. From the airport, we took a bus into Cancun and decided to walk from the bus Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 4, 2014
- Food, Glorious FoodLeg 2 of my odyssey had begun uncomfortably thanks to a painful overnight transfer from LA and a sleep-deprived morning at the hostel. I've certainly had better Friday nights.
Once I'd marginally recovered from my zombie-like state I took a wander Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Dec 3, 2014
- Our Mexican journey is over (boo hoo)....TULUM continued.....
Akumal! Snorkeling and spotting sea turtles and sting-rays made for a pretty amazing day!
This place is only a half an hour drive from Tulum and it is amazing! We decided to be adventurous and go Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Nov 30, 2014