- TEOTIHUACAN, MEXICOWhile on a week long vacation to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico we booked a flight to Mexico City for 1 full day to see the Mayan ruins of Teotihuacan!! A long, exhausting day, but worth it. Got to cross Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Feb 23, 2013
- Water LilyYesterday Llily tried snorkeling for the first time!
We chose Yal-Ku lagoon, near Akumal, perfect for a first-time snorkeling experience because whereas the water in the sea can be too rough, Yal Ku is a natural saltwater lagoon that remains calm Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 23, 2013
- Our life is in ruins!No, not Rouyn...ruins!
Mexico is full of them: remains of ancient buildings and pyramids which today are archaeological sites open to the public. Visiting them helps us to understand life before the arrival of the conquistadors. Before "history" Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 21, 2013
- Imagine...Imagine a magazine version of a Caribbean beach: soft white sand, turquoise blue water, playful waves, a salty breeze, palm trees, and the sound of an icy cerveza being uncapped...
You're at the beach in Tulum.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 20, 2013
- Week 7 in the YucatanI fired my editor as I was told of several mistakes, I would have asked my Mother to do it but she had gone to bed.
I am sick and wanting to roll over and send everyone away! LOL Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico | Feb 18, 2013
- Jaune-soleilUn peu de jaune pour ensoleiller ce début de semaine.
Hier nous avons passé la journée dans la petite ville d'Izamal, à 1h30 (72km) de bus 2e classe de Mérida. On était curieux de voir comment on vit le dimanche dans Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 18, 2013
- A Visit To UXMAL===This UNESCO designated World Heritage Site is, in my opinion, the most interesting and spectacular of the Mayan sites on the Yucatan. This may only be because there are far fewer tourists around than at Chichen Itza and the Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 17, 2013
- PALENQUE, MEXCIOMy favorite Mayan ruins thus far, are the incredible ruins of Palenque, Mexico, located in the mountainous state of Chiapas. We were staying in Playa del Carmen and purchased round trip bus tickets for $109 CAD. The bus departed Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Feb 16, 2013
- Todavia, vivimos en Mexico! Apologies for the amount of time it has taken us to write another blog- we have been slacking to say the least! All is well here and you will be happy to know we are working ‘fairly’ hard (against Western Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Feb 16, 2013
- AnalogyYou know how Forrest Gump's mother said: "Life is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get".
Sitting on a bumpy Mexican city bus the other day, I thought it presented a good analogy for life, almost Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 15, 2013
- Amor y amistadIn Mexico Valentine's Day is known as Día del Amor y la Amistad, so to all those we love and whose friendship we cherish: Happy Valentine's Day!
Balloons from Netta
[img=http Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 14, 2013
- CARNAVAL IN PLAYA===It is party time in Mexico as the tradition of Carnaval leads the way to Lent and the Easter Season. This is especially important in this largely Catholic country. Playa del Carmen has lately joined the Carnaval celebrations. Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 13, 2013
- Tuesday's Carnaval ParadeTuesday's "Battle of the Flowers" was the last big theme parade of Mérida's annual Carnaval and we were actually part of it!!
I had reserved three seats on the Turibus, a red tourist double-decker that we had taken earlier on in Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 12, 2013
- Week 6 half way of my stay in ChicxulubWeek 6 In Chicxulub
This week started off really slow with a Puente ( long weekend) called Constitution Day an nice calm warm day. Dara and I went for a walk along the road as it was high tide, Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico | Feb 11, 2013
- 5 minutesAvez-vous 5 minutes pour délaisser vos tracas quotidiens, oublier l'hiver monochrome et plonger dans une soirée chaude pleine de couleurs et d'étincelles ?
[[http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=11f9e160f26641ef9ac9404&skin_id=701&ut Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 11, 2013
- Family TimeIn the last two years we have been busy with renovating our house, and family time had been greatly diminished.
But we knew it was temporary and that we'd catch up with quality time together in Mexico, and that's just Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 9, 2013
- VisionnaireAujourd'hui nous avons fait une activité familiale peu commune et très peu touristique : nous avons magasiné de nouvelles lunettes pour Steve.
En effet, il ne manque pas de lunetteries ici à Mérida ; il y en a au moins une Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 8, 2013
- Carnaval !Au Québec quand on parle du Carnaval on pense à ceci :
À Mérida c'est un peu différent, en commençant par la température...35°C plus humidex, il faut être fait fort pour se déguiser et para Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 7, 2013
- Voluntourism for "When I Was your Age" PeopleThey say that as you get older the more you realize how little you actually know. I would say that’s quite true at my 26 years of age, although I’m still naïve enough to hope that I might learn a Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Feb 6, 2013
- Tres cenotesAs the temperature and humidity rises, so does the need to immerse ourselves in any body of cool water. The Yucatán peninsula has no rivers, but it does have plenty of cenotes, which are underground natural limestone sinkholes whose fresh Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 6, 2013
- Mexico for Children Mexico is made for children. Not in a we-want-to-spoil-you-rotten sort of way, but with a we-love-to-see-you-have-fun attitude.
Travelling in Mexico with a child - a cute one, I admit! - is not the same as travelling as a couple. Old ladies Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 5, 2013
- TULUM----A DAY AT THE RUINS===One of the many Mayan ruins on the Yucatan is within an hours drive of Playa del Carmen. We decided that a day at Tulum (pronounced To Loom) would be a nice break from our Playa routine that we Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 5, 2013
- MAYAN RIVIERA, MEXICOMe & my best friend, Jo, traveled to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico for one week. We stayed at the Hacienda Vista Real hotel in Playacar (a suburb of Playa del Carmen). It was not all-inclusive, but did include a Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Feb 4, 2013
- Week Five in the YucatanWeek five in Chicxulub
My week started with a message from my princess in India. She was all upset as she thought she had been scammed with the booking of her flight to Kumb Mehla. It turned out Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico | Feb 4, 2013
- VaqueriaThis Sunday we headed to the Plaza Grande (main square) in Mérida to see the weekly traditional dance called Vaqueria.
The tradition of the Vaqueria Yucateca originated in haciendas. La Vaqueria originates from the word in Spanish Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 4, 2013