- To Market, To MarketDon, Lyle, and Donna started the day with a swim in the ocean. It was quite wild and dumped them several times. After showers, coffee, etc. we set off to go to the organic farmer's market downtown. We caught the Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Dec 5, 2015
- Travel to MazatlanWe made a quick shopping trip to the fabric store this morning. Don had noticed how cheap the Xmas fabric was and suggested we need more. We use it for gift wrap and the kids often keep it to use Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Dec 5, 2015
- A Day at the BeachWe set off this morning to catch the bus to go south to Boca de Tomatlan. On the way to the bus stop, we were asked for "spare change" from a white woman! She said she needed to take the Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Dec 3, 2015
- Tour of San SebastianWe were picked up early this morning and went over to the Vallarta Adventures main office to check in and have some breakfast, before leaving on our tour. There were 27 people on the tour and our guide was Rubi. Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Dec 2, 2015
- Botanical GardenAfter purchasing our bus tickets for Friday and then arranging for a tour to San Sebastian for tomorrow, we went and got back on the same bus as yesterday. This time we rode it further, about 1/2 hour, to the Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Dec 1, 2015
- Snorkeling at MismaloyaToday we decided to go to Mismaloya, a little beach town south of PV, so Don could try out the snorkeling there. We walked over a few blocks and caught a bus which took us south on the only highway Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Nov 30, 2015
- Even Dancing Horses!!After breakfast we went off to find Elizabeth Taylor's house, or more precisely the arch built between her house and Richard Burton's. After some interesting exploring, we finally succeeded! Burton's house has been torn down and some very rich condos Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Nov 29, 2015
- Exploring the NeighbourhoodAfter breakfast in the hotel's rooftop breakfast room, we set out to explore the neighbourhood and get oriented with our previous memories of PV. We were here for a week back in the January or February of 2010, we think. Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Nov 28, 2015
- The big smoke of Mexico CityAfter traveling in generally underdeveloped parts of the world for the last couple of months arriving in Mexico City felt like returning to civilisation.
We had heard mixed reviews of the metro, with some people telling us to avoid it Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Nov 28, 2015
- Safe ArrivalWe left Saskatoon around 1:30 pm and with a brief stop in Calgary to change planes, we arrived in Puerto Vallarta around 8:30 pm. And it was raining!! Our taxi driver said it had been raining for 3 days, but Posted by katdill in Two Weeks in Mexico 2015 | Nov 27, 2015
- Oaxaca - coast, mountains and cultureWe caught our best overnight bus yet - from San Cristobal to the state of Oaxaca. The road had a few bends at the start, but the second class bus was comfortable enough for a sleep for most of the Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Nov 25, 2015
- The Day of the DeadOur next three towns gave us a glimpse into cultural Mexico: Merida, Palenque and San Cristobal.
We arrived early in Merida to allow ourselves time to find somewhere to watch the Rugby World Cup 2015 final.
Walking to our hostel, we noticed Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Nov 16, 2015
- Mexico: Yucatán==Ace Mexico==
I had an amazing, adventurous and sun drenched two weeks in Mexico..... super accommodation, amazing beaches, awesome diving , interesting Mayan culture and amazing ruins, a bustling town in Merida, friendly people, etc… and an all round a Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Oct 28, 2015
- On your next trip, leave Trip Adviser and Google at home. I am such a fuddy-duddy. When it comes to cell phone technology, I am actually worse than my grandma (she has an iPhone idk, while I'm still punching buttons on a broken Nokia). Not only am I out-of-date, but I Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Oct 13, 2015
- Quintana Roo[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/my_photos.cfm|Mexico photos]]
Quintana Roo, which comprises the Yucatan Peninsula’s entire Caribbean coastline, is categorically my least favourite region I have ever travelled to. Consequently I will make this a compar Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 11, 2015
- Yucatan[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/liamps/countries/Mexico/|Mexico photos]]
Scorching heat, colourful colonial towns, interminable flatness punctuated by monumental Mayan edifices and delicious food define the Yucatan Peninsula. My t Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 7, 2015
- Have Baby. Will Travel. I've gotten slightly disheartened lately by all of my single friends posts about not having babies. Everyone makes their own decision, or life decides it for them, and I know I shouldn’t take it personally. But one of the pros, Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Oct 4, 2015
- Day Thirty Four - After The StormWoke up this morning to a generally calm sea after some significant pitching of the ship overnight. Tried to go to the outside decks to see if there was a sunrise. All external decks were still closed. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 28, 2015
- Day Thirty Three - Approaching Heavy WeatherAnother sea day today as we sail SouthEast towards our next destination. Walked around the upper decks before the sunrise and captured the rising sun into a generally cloudless sky.
A busy morning of lectures starting with a presentation by Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 28, 2015
- Day Thirty Two - Cabo San LucasEarly in the morning we arrived in Cabo San Lucas Bay at the Southern tip of Baja California. Our meeting time was 07:45 for the tender ride to the port. There was the usual delay as the ship positioned Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 26, 2015
- Day Thirty One - Second Sea Day Baja CaliforniaThe open deck temperatures are increasing as we enter the more tropical zone along the West coast of Baja California. The humidity is also increasing and as a result I'm having problems with condensation on the camera lens. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 25, 2015
- Day Thirty - Sea Day Off Baja CaliforniaThe first of two sea days to our next port. Overcast sky, sea mist/haze and nothing to focus the camera on. So I'll be digging into some images from previous places rather than artificially constructing collages of the Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 24, 2015
- Zacatlán de las Manzanas, Puebla One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to visit a new place in Mexico. Not a new museum or just driving through another state, but actually visiting a new place and getting out of the car and walking Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Sep 15, 2015
- Mexico Posted by andrea.manica in giroviaggiando | Sep 7, 2015
- Chicken Enchiladas in Creamy Spinach SauceWe're spending the week with my Mexican in-laws, and I'm trying to soak up some Mexican culture and flavors while we're here. At home (still in Mexico) I cook mostly pasta and veggies, rice and veggies, meat and veggies, so Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 29, 2015