- Mango on a StickWe walked downtown this morning as we had to go to a travel agent to buy our bus tickets for our trip to Guanajuato on Monday. We like to walk on the Carratera as there is a bike lane provided Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- Palm Sunday - Lake Chapala DistrictPalm Sunday, the start of Holy Week or 'Semana Santa', will be marked all over Mexico's predominantly Catholic communities by traditional processions and pageants to bring the Easter story to life.
In this area all the communities of Ajijic, San Antoni Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- and Rambling Thoughts:There are a number of ways to get job security, you might become a tenured professor or you might join a union . . . or,
you might be a simple minded man who works at Birds of Paradise. Martine is Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- More Random PicsWe've spent the better part of the past week relaxing, enjoying the company of several of the other tenants at the condo complex; we've been out to dinner a few times and enjoyed a play put on by The Lakeside Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- San Juan Cosala - Ladies Day at the SpaAn easy bus ride down the road towards Jocotepec you will find The Spa Tlalocan at Hotel Balneario San Juan Cosala.
We decided to make a day of hanging out in warm geothermally fed pools. The relaxing mineral waters are Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- Day Trip to GuadalajaraAnother trip into Guadalajara . . . this time with a tour company to see the highlights of the city.
Lots of historical buildings and interesting architecture . . .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/358109/IMG_0537.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- Day Trip to Teuchitlan - GuachimotonesWe headed for Teuchitlan, about two hours drive from Ajijic and directly west of Guadalajara. There we will visit the Guachimotones . . . a prehispanic archaeological site.
Along the way we saw field after field of sugar cane Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- Spder Bite?During the day trip to Mazamitla my left arm swelled (from finger tip to elbow) and became quite painful. By the time we returned home I had a fever and the chills. Putting on my thinking cap I decided the Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 18, 2014
- Fresh air, mountains and a lake
About an hour and a half's drive from Mexico City, on the new motorway that cuts out slow windy roads threading their way t Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Apr 17, 2014
- MEXICO-Tulum and the Ruins ]Last night it was very hot, mosquitos were going full blast, the noise of their wings in my ears was most annoying and shuffling from one side to another, trying to swat them with my hands, did not ditter Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 16, 2014
- Walking Tour of Some Major Sights in Downtown Oaxaca, MexicoAlvin Starkman, M.A., J.D.
Many visitors to the south central Mexico colonial city of Oaxaca spend only two or three full days here (aside from touring the central valley routes), not long enough to really learn about its cultural history, its Posted by titosarah in Attractions in and around Oaxaca, Mexico | Apr 15, 2014
- Adios Chicxulub.....I am collecting memories of warmth and sunshine to get me through what is left of the winter.
Janet (Andrea's cousin) and I were walking back home from Chicxulub one hot and sunny day....when we turned down the side Posted by hermanita in Hermanita | Apr 14, 2014
- Mexico - Tulum (Quintana Roo) The apartment had been cleaned and fresh bed sheet and pillow cases put on the bed, two thin towels were laid on a chair in the corner. The small cooking area was not altogether so clean as we had Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 14, 2014
- Day Trip to MazamitlaOur day trip to Mazamitla took us into the mountain range, Sierra del Tigre, about two hours drive on the other side of the lake and heading southeast.
As we came around the west tip of Lake Chapala we saw rows Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Sisters come for a visit . . . Two of Nellie’s sisters have arrived from Canada for a ten day visit. Stynie from Calgary, AB and Cori from Keswick, Ont (an hour north of Toronto).
We’ve got a full itinerary setup for them and are looking forward to Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Random pics . . . Not too much new or exciting this week. Here are just a few more random shots . . .
Definitely fascinated with the doors . . .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/358109/IMG_0634.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/358109/thumb_IMG_0634 Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Mexican Coffee . . . We love coffee. This morning going for coffee was unlike anything we’ve have experienced before.
In the company of our new friends Paul Rainville (Lethbridge) and Nelson and Virginia Wood (Ont), we drove out of Ajijic for about half Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Street Party . . . Gossips RestaurantWell the windup to Mardi Gras week arrived and we booked tables at Gossips Restaurant . . . for a party of 36. Yup, there were 36 partiers from Birds and we barely made a dent in the restaurant seating.
A Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Mexico- Tulum The City of Dawn (Quintana Roo)It was our plan, after visiting the ruins of Chichen-Itza, to stay in Merida for a day or two and enjoy its cosmopolitan ambience, then visit Tulum, Playa de Carmen and the island of Cozumel and then reach Cancun. Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2014
- Carnival and Mardi Gras in AjijicToday is Fat Tuesday, the last day of the carnival season which always falls the day before Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. In the Catholic faith, Lent is the beginning of forty days of prayer, fasting and alms Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 9, 2014
- Carnival in ChapalaI remember reading a few years ago something that Erma Bombeck wrote about her sister. She said that every time she invited her sister out for lunch she was too busy doing laundry or she said she couldn’t go out Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 9, 2014
- Birds of Paradise Condo - Staff Appreciation NightWe end this week with the Bird’s of Paradise annual Staff Appreciation dinner where condo owners have the opportunity to thank their employees for another good year.
The staff here is a hard working group of long term employees including 24 Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 8, 2014
- Jocotepec . . . by busIt is becoming habit on a Thursday to leave the condo early while the cleaning crew are in. After enjoying breakfast out with one of our Bird’s neighbours, we hopped on the bus to Jocotepec which is at the Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 8, 2014
- Day Trip to GuadalajaraGuadalajara is the second largest city in Mexico and we had the opportunity to travel there with one of the old timers here, Doug Ransom. The benefit beside his company is that we had someone to explain the bus system Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 8, 2014
- Guanajuato - City of Colourful Casitas!The bus trip from Morelia to Guanajuato was amazing. So much water (lakes & reservoirs), mountains, hills, agriculture and at the end....a city in the desert. But....our first impressions of the city were not favourable. Posted by Carole and Rod in Peru Perusars & Oaxaca and Beyond! | Apr 7, 2014