- City on the Edge of Forever
Okay, I know what you're thinking. "There he goes again with another Star Trek reference."
Well Gosh-Golly, this time I couldn't really help it. I tried to come up with an appropr Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jan 4, 2015
- La Familia in Sayulita[center]FELIZ ANO NUEVO[/center]
I've been trying to get this blog entry written for a few days, but our company has been way more entertaining and diverting. La Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Jan 1, 2015
- Nothing changes on New Years Day, or does it?(photo taken at Cozuma, in a horse-pulled cart on our way to cenotes, w/Jennifer, Jack, and Zoe)
Thank you 2014, and Chinese Year of the Horse for the leaps into new places.
Leaving be Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 31, 2014
- December 27thWell, today is our last full day “on the high seas.” And, speaking of high seas, the trip back has been fairly rough. We’ve encountered waves in excess of 7.5 feet, and wind gusts over 25 knots. Posted by dickmetz1 in First Cruise | Dec 27, 2014
- The Architecture of Merida pt. 2As we walk the streets of Merida, which are sort of crumbly, we continue to be drawn to the peeling paint colors and old Colonials.
Bougainvilleas flourish here and add such pretty color as they stand tall, or drape over walls. Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 27, 2014
- December 26thToday was an uneventful day. Our ship is slowly en route back to LA. The weather is windy, and somewhat chilly. Can’t tell if it’s the breeze or a cold front—like it makes a difference.
Essentially, there hasn’t Posted by dickmetz1 in First Cruise | Dec 26, 2014
- Seafood Chowder, World Cup and lazy days
From swimming with Whale Sharks we headed to Mexico City stopping off for a day in Veracruz to break the journey.
[img=http://ph Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 26, 2014
- Snokelling with Whale Sharks
From Tulum we made our way to Cancun and on to Isla de la Mujeres. Our reason: Whale Sharks.
We arrived in the late af Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 26, 2014
- Cenotes, wow!
We crossed the border into Mexico and pushed through to Tulum for our first night. We found a lovely hostel to stay right near the bus stop thanks to the advice of a very friendly bus sto Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 26, 2014
- Christmas Day in MexicoA week ago we went to the market and chose a piñata for Christmas morning. We bought each other small gifts at the market to put inside the piñata. We woke up on Christmas morning eager to open our little Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Dec 25, 2014
- PosadaThe first thing we were told by our parents when we got here was smile, say 'hola' and be friendly. For about a week or two all we did was smile. Then one day we were coming back from the Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Dec 25, 2014
- December 24thToday is Christmas Eve, and we were scheduled to visit Mazatlan, a few hours of sailing from yesterday's port of Cabo San Lucas.
We arrived quite early in the morning, and by 10:00a, we got off of the ship, and headed Posted by dickmetz1 in First Cruise | Dec 25, 2014
- Feliz Navidad!
To our dear friends and family
This is a brief (for me) blog posting to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. We are so happy to have Danny, Alex and Alanna with us in Mexico for Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Dec 24, 2014
- December 23rdAt breakfast this morning, we spotted what appeared to be land. It was a small mound of dirt that was somewhat hidden my mist and fog. But that sight soon turned into a big hill of rock and Posted by dickmetz1 in First Cruise | Dec 24, 2014
- Time Vortex in Puerto Escondido
Puerto Escondido is a little surf town on the South Pacific coast of Mexico. I think I only wore my shoes about three times the entire time we were there. Sand from the beach littered the streets Posted by TravelbyBeach in Tizz•Ventures | Dec 23, 2014
- The Architecture of MeridaThere was a request from one of our blog fans for more pics of Merida architecture. It is quite diverse stemming from its varied European influences.
I am posting just a few photos that we've taken but plan on adding Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 23, 2014
- December 22ndToday was a day of on-board exploration--exploring each of the five separate buffet areas to see what was available to eat. And, good Heavens, there is always was a lot to eat--too much in face.
Decided to unpack my bags, Posted by dickmetz1 in First Cruise | Dec 22, 2014
- Nuestra Señora de GuadalupeThe acoustics of a natural amphitheatre are amazing!
The historical Centro Guanajuato is set between several hills, so everything sounds like it is coming from just below our patio. On our first night Shona and I were disappointed that we Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Dec 22, 2014
- Video Summary of our stay in Tepoz Posted by TravelbyBeach in Tizz•Ventures | Dec 21, 2014
- Fishermen and other early risersThis morning we woke at 5 am to the thump thump base a jumble of music coming from the southeast corner of our block and threatening to shatter the windows of our balcony doors. It wasn't one tune. Rather Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 21, 2014
- Sunday Morning OptionsBeing an outsider looking for a community of fellow Christians to worship with can be quite a look-in-the-mirror experience. How a community portrays itself really makes a difference to attract or repel others. I've got to Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Dec 21, 2014
- Yes, we were kidnapped on the way to the Dentist in MexicoOkay. So I know a few of you warned us of kidnappings in Mexico. And I have been pretty
cavalier about any concerns regarding that possibility. But, believe it or not, we were
vict Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 21, 2014
- The Only Time in the WorldWell I did a pretty good search on the Internet and did not find references to a new theory,
about Time and the El Castillo/Kulkulkan structure, I'm about to put forth here.
Firs Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 21, 2014
- Come on, Vamonos!Well the big day that had been circled in red Sharpie on the family calendar finally arrived. Norm had spent the previous four weeks curling and drinking his way around Scotland. And according to him - having as much fun Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Dec 20, 2014
"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love,
you have to find the courage to live it."
Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Dec 20, 2014