- First foray down Mexico way
Hard to believe it's almost been three months that I've been in Guatemala. With my visa set to expire soon, I needed to make a border run. San Cristóbal de las Casas just next door in the so Posted by Susanha in Adventures in Guatemala | May 23, 2015
- MEH-HEE-KOOnce again..breakfast, then down the gangplank and on our way to Ensenada, Mexico..(you guessed it..bright and early). It's kind of like walking down the gauntlet...all the Mexicans are out trying to lure us into their shops. It's fun..the Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | May 20, 2015
- First stop.. CancunWe arrived in Cancun yesterday which is the first stop on our world trip. When we landed in Mexico we had been travelling for 16 hours, so rather than wait for a bus to take us to our hostel I Posted by RyanTH in Ryan and Grace are travelling the world | May 19, 2015
- It is so easy to find beauty My first blog mentions finding beauty in Mexico. That's what being here means. Leaving home does that to you. Living in Mexico does that too. Do I have hot water when I come home? Is my Posted by Tampicoandlisa in Lisa in Tampico, Mexico | May 3, 2015
- Whale Sharks and Isla Holbox, part 1: lovely little Holbox Once I hit 50, my wanderlust bucket list kicked in big time. Item #597: swim with whale sharks. Last summer, I decided it was time. There are a few places where you can swim with whale sharks, but most of Posted by traciekochanny in Tracie's Travels. Wanderlust part 2. | Apr 21, 2015
- ParadiseIn high school I remember my mom listening to the song "Just Another Day in Paradise." It didn't matter where you were, as long as you were with the people you loved. It was a sweet song, that made me Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Apr 19, 2015
- Angels falling from the sky
The Talking Heads have a song --- Once in a Lifetime -- with the line, well, how did I get here?. I ask myself that question a lot in Mexico. How did any of the Posted by Tampicoandlisa in Lisa in Tampico, Mexico | Apr 18, 2015
- No Me Importa... Estoy FelizI cry every time I leave Cozumel. Usually it starts the night before - I literally have a photo album home at my dad’s where I’m crying in every picture throughout my last night there. I’m not sure why we Posted by emlehan in Oh, The Places You'll Go | Apr 17, 2015
- Week 15Wednesday we started out the morning with brunch with Mario and his wife Elsa at a great boutique hotel in Condesa followed by a visit to the Museum of Anthropology. We only managed to get through half of the museum, Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Apr 15, 2015
- Always say yesBefore I left New York, my friend Isaac gave me the top five tips for traveling through Central America the previous year. High on his list was always say yes to whatever someone is offering you or asking you to Posted by emlehan in Oh, The Places You'll Go | Apr 12, 2015
- 5 days of week 15After a 7 hr bus ride from Oaxaca We were met at the bus station by Jorge senior and his daughter Martha, and off we went to their home in Tecamachalco just outside the Districto Federal of Mexico. Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Apr 10, 2015
- Safety in Mexico. Update for 2015.SAFETY continues to be one of travelers' major concerns when coming to Mexico. Ever since Mexican president Peña Nieto promised to reduce drug violence, he has been under international scrutiny, and his report card does not look good. We're Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Apr 10, 2015
- Cozumel, Tulum and a raccoon named KikiBienvenidos a Mexico
What a blast so far. Travis and I met in the Cancun airport last week and by some miraculous grace of a woman named Fatima, we were actually able to find each other.
We spent two lovely days Posted by emlehan in Oh, The Places You'll Go | Apr 9, 2015
- WEEK 14Our bus took off right on time at 9pm. It was not quite as long only 1130 hrs
This will do just fine for five days. After a well needed shower we were off to explore.
This town is Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Apr 8, 2015
- Week 14After a very long (12 hours) but very comfy overnight bus ride from San Cristobal to Oaxaca Andrea and I cabbed to our new home for the next five days. Our room is in an old casa walking distance to Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Apr 7, 2015
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoHaving a baby has turned me into a morning person. I'm up everyday by 7 a.m.--even though Des doesn't get up until closer to 7:30 a.m. on most mornings. I should point out that I didn't specify "functioning" morning person. Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Apr 6, 2015
- I can't resist showing you: yet another side of San Miguel [center][/center]
This is the road up to the botanical garden - the El Charco del Ingenio jardin botánico. Our place is already a good hike up from the main square, but the city climbs up Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 4, 2015
- San Miguel: Christ, churches, churros and children... Semana Santa (Easter) is considered the holiest time of the year in predominantly Catholic Mexico. Which is why most Mexicans pack up their coolers and every inflatable device known to mankind and head to the beach. Mexico City is a Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 3, 2015
- Palm SundaySan Antonio Tlayacapan :
The start of Holy Week and the many Passion Plays in the area. This procession was at mid-day . . . hot, hot!
Charlie showed little interest so I took camera in hand and went to see what Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- Easter SundayAll the festivities are now over and Easter Sunday is actually a pretty quiet day here. We decided to enjoy our usual weekly walk to Chapala . . . this time for lunch and to take a walk along the Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- Holy SaturdayWe decided to lay low for much of the day as all the activities were to take place in the evening. As with all major events in Mexico, religious or otherwise, all the celebrations and partying happens the night before. Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- Maundy Thursday and Good FridayMaundy Thursday, San Antonio
The day is marked by religious services and the continuation of the Passion Play commemorating the Last Supper and the condemning of Jesus.
Again an amazing performance . . .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/35810 Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- San Miguel: Don't hate me because I'm beautifulWe love San Miguel de Allende. There...got that out of the way. Sure, SMA has a reputation for being overrun with gringos (yes) , for being expensive (can be - you gotta know where to look) and for being Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 1, 2015
- WEEK 13 Chiapas week 13
We left Merida a bit earlier than we thought we were but luckily I noticed in time to not miss it. We arrived at the restaurant Ricosoldo early but we're let in just before opening time. Olga didn't Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Mar 31, 2015
- Week 13Wednesday before catching the bus we had a quick dinner with friends Linda and Olga, at one of our favorite Merida restaurants, Rescoldos. They only open at 6pm and our bus was at 7:30, so it was a quick, Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Mar 31, 2015