- Puerto Morelos[s][/s]
Because we realised we kind of cheated you on nice pics for the last post and blabbed on a lot instead - here's a few from Puerto Morelos, where we made a stop on the way to our n Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Oct 9, 2013
- Hey Mister Whiskers...[center][/center]
OK, so we know its going to be a hard sell when you see this sunny beach photo to persuade you that we didn’t have that great a time in Playa del Carmen! But it wasn’t q Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Oct 8, 2013
- City High==Flip Flops are not made for walking==
One week on and it feels as though teaching English on a secluded island for 6 weeks didn't actually happen. Yet, my disgruntled feet, who been guiding me patiently around Mexico's finest cities, Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Oct 7, 2013
- A diversion over the borderWe have now been in Mexico for a week and a half and so far its been fantastic. I was a bit nervous to travel down here but it's actually been a lot easier to get settled than Posted by jeremyandannie in Private Idaho, Drop and Give Me 20 | Oct 2, 2013
- Back to the mainland and on-wards we go!Preparing to leave England I packed up my pre and post university life into boxes and distributed the useless tat among the hands of strange car-boot hoarders. I also had a few boxes which I deemed worth saving: I can’t Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Sep 26, 2013
- Cancun After 3 months of being back in Edmonton saving up my money to (once again) go traveling, I boarded an early morning flight bound for Cancun, Mexico. I had worked between 50 and 60 hours a week as a server Posted by bgriffs in A Barefoot Existence | Sep 20, 2013
- Fishing FailAs you may have seen (probably not) Mexico is currently experiencing two hurricanes. There is flooding and landslides in various parts of the country. Luckily the worst of the storms has passed us by, but the accompanying wind and torrential Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Sep 18, 2013
- TulumOur trip out of Caye Caulker to Tulum was excruiating to say the least. Firstly we had to go back to San Pedro so Christian could pick up his paperwork. Then it was back on the ferry, back through Caye Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Sep 12, 2013
- Worse weather than England....I sit up from my dream. I had frustratingly been trying to do a 100 point turn in my Nan’s huge Peugeot 306 to get it out of the en-suite we have here in Pajaros. Strange. It’s 6am and I Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Sep 11, 2013
- Whalebones and Ancient RuinsThe daily activities here on Punta Pajaros are completely dictated by the weather. After a couple of rainy days Kerri and I were getting bored with the same four walls of our room and decided to brave the elements. Wearing Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Sep 7, 2013
- Wed. September 4 - Tequila, Massage, Cool Dinner & Luna BlueIt was very cloudy and threatening in the morning, but, we started out about 10:00 a.m. for an approximately 2 mile walk to Sam's Club. We did have a downpour on us about half way there and sought cover Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Sep 5, 2013
- Tuesday, September 3 - Playa del CarmenTuesday was another rainy and cloudy day through about mid-afternoon. We did take a taxi over to a glass shop off Highway 307. After that, another taxi ride over to Calle 30 and lunch at Bro-cheta. After Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Sep 5, 2013
- Living the TEFL DreamWell Lewy and I are definitely living the dream right now! We live on a small private Caribbean island, inhabited by only 30 people and wake up every morning to the sound of the lazy waves lapping up on the Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Sep 2, 2013
- Monday, September 2 - Produce Market and ribs for DinnerWe started with an early morning walk from the Playacar section where we are staying to Nativo for breakfast. We had visited Nativo on a previous trip. This place has great fruit and reasonable prices. We ordered Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Sep 2, 2013
- Sunday, September 1 - Bus ride to Playa & A Long WalkWe packed in the morning to leave our resort, Westin Lagunamar. This was a great place to stay in Cancun. Highly recommended.
We were picked up promptly at 9:30 a.m by Cancun Transfers for the ride to the airport. Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Sep 2, 2013
- Saturday, August 31 - Another Cancun Beach dayThis day, Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Sep 2, 2013
- Friday, August 30th - Swim With the Whale SharksWe were picked up at our hotel at 6:30 a.m. for the ride to the marina north of Cancun. I booked our adventure with the Whale Shark Daddy (Roddrigo) of [[http://www.cancunwhalesharktours.com/|Cancun Whale Shark Tours]]. This firm was highly Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Sep 2, 2013
- Enter the nomadSometimes you talk about the future, say how things will or will not be. It's eerily creepy when you turn out to be right.
During those late night chats in eastern european hostels, same questions would usually arise. Where are Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 31, 2013
- Thursday, August 29 - The Little Mexican Cooking SchoolAround 8:00, we were on the local bus to the downtown Cancun collectivo station (across from the ADO bus station). The collectivo fare to Puerto Morelos is only 20 pesos per person - that's a deal! Once we Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Aug 31, 2013
- Wednesday, August 28 - Scuba Diving in Cancun!This morning was another day at the pool with sunny weather again. We started out with a walk going North from our hotel. We walked to the punta (point) of the Cancun hotel zone. This was about 2.5 Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Aug 31, 2013
- Tuesday, August 27 - On the Beach in CancunIn the morning, we did a short walk south of the resort. The rest of the day was spent at the Westin Lagunamar pool. Another sunny day in Cancun!
We also made our own pico de gallo Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Aug 31, 2013
- The prior arrangemetsThey say the planning and getting ready is an important part of traveling. Deciding what comes with, and what stays put.
The feeling's stronger this time, for I don't know when, or if I'll be coming back.
I speak of a one Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 29, 2013
- Monday, August 26th - Hanging Out at Westin Lagunamar ResortOur first full day in Cancun was spent initially checking out our expansive resort hotel - Westin Lagunamar. Our room is extremely nice with 2 bedrooms, full kitchen and a living room. There are two huge infinity pools Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Aug 29, 2013
- Sunday, August 25th - in Cancun AgainWe arrived today for our 24th visit to Mexico. This trip will be for 11 nights - 7 in Cancun and 4 in Playa del Carmen.
In Cancun, we are staying at the Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort. This is Posted by mel.coker in Cancun/Playa del Carmen: August 2013 | Aug 28, 2013
- The adventure continues - working in Punta PajarosWe haven’t done a blog for a while, and a lot has happened since the last time we wrote. We have finished our year teaching English in Carrillo and made some life-long friends and memories.
Now the adventure has continued….
For six Posted by lewyandkerri in Professional Mexicans | Aug 27, 2013