- Having a whale of a time! So day 2. I was planning to go to Tulum today to see the ruins and the turtles but the opportunity arose to go swimming with shark whales. It's a once in a lifetime thing as there is a pretty Posted by sp8j in Central America | Jul 14, 2013
- I'm in Mexico!!!
I made it. It was a long arse flight though and we were three hours delayed at JFK so was very late arriving here. Thankfully my transfer waited for me. An hour later in the cab and Posted by sp8j in Central America | Jul 13, 2013
- Bad beatAs with any travelling adventure, there are unfortunately some days where everything goes wrong, despite taking all the precautions in the world. I wished for me that it would have happened a lot later (or not at all) and not Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jul 12, 2013
- Palenque or the Maya ruins paradiseNext stop after San Cristobal, still in Chiapas, was Palenque, a maya city from the 7th century. Nowadays a modern city has been built next to the ruins so very little interesting things to see there, the main "attraction" being Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jul 10, 2013
- San Cristobal de Las CasasAfter another long journey by bus overnight (around 10 hours), I arrived in San Cristobal de Las Casas, described by some people as the most european of the mexican towns, where a friendly "hippie" feeling can be felt. For me Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jul 3, 2013
- Session bronzage![float=left] [/float]Bon a la demande générale, voici un post exclusivement en français...
Sorry for my english speaking fr Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 27, 2013
- Oaxaca and Hostal Casa Angel
Next stage in the trip was Oaxaca de Juarez, a nice city located in the south of mexico, in the state of Oaxaca. Once again, this was a 4.5 hours trip journey by bus from Puebla. Arriv Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 23, 2013
- San Clemente and a weekend away in MexicoSan Clemente describes itself as a "Spanish Village by the Sea" and is located on California's Pacific Coast about half way between Los Angeles and San Diego. It was founded by a former Mayor of Seattle, Ole Hanson, who envisaged Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 4, 2013
- My journey begins here...June 19, 2013
My journey actually begins today, June 18, 2013 as I figure out how to write a blog. I have gone on a diet and the first thing I have cut was Facebook along with carbs. It is Posted by thewindowseat in I'll take the window seat... | Jun 18, 2013
- On my way to PueblaAs I said before, after spending a bit of time in Mexico City, time had come to start going south and my first stop was Puebla, a old spanish colonial city located about 2 hours drive south of Mexico City.
The Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 16, 2013
- Mexico City[center][/center]
After a bit more than a week, time has now arrived to start my journey through Central America, therefore heading to the south of the country.
What will I remember from Mexi Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 12, 2013
- Mexico City, MexicoThe bus system in Mexico has been phenomenal. The terminals are like airport with gates and waiting rooms, and there are multiple daily departures to almost anywhere on plush new busses with lots of room.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/411018/ Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jun 7, 2013
- Oaxaca, MexicoThe culinary reputation Oaxaca has acquired is well deserved. Every day we feasted on some new and delicious grub, and what made it so fun was that each ‘restaurant’ was basically someone’s house that opened up to sell food. Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jun 6, 2013
- PlayaPlaya Del Carmen is about 40 min from Cancun, and although still touristy, quite different. It reminded me of Thailand with its pedestrian only streets, beach front bars, street food and thunderstorms.
After arriving and meeting with the G Adventures Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 6, 2013
- One day in TeotihuacanFor those who haven't heard of this name yet, Teotihucan was a pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city located near the actual Mexico City (48 km) and the pyramids which can been seen there are in a formidable preserved state. You are even Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 5, 2013
- Hola MexicoFrom when the heat and humidity first hit me after landing in Cancun I knew I was going to like it here.
My first night I stayed in a great hostel in downtown Cancun (as opposed to on the hotel Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 4, 2013
- Instant Musique à Mexico Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jun 3, 2013
- San Cristobal de las Casas, MexicoWe were super excited about escaping the sweltering weather that we had been in for the past several months, so when we reached San Cristobal we couldn’t get enough of the cool mountain air. The smell of pine needles Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jun 2, 2013
- Palenque, MexicoWe were immediately in heaven with the food in Mexico and were eating all of our favorites and lots of things that we had never heard of. Including lots of chilies and hot pepper sauces!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/411018/MexicoPale..8__800 Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jun 2, 2013
- Reflections on CaboBlog writing was not as easy as I had hoped. I am sure it was the intermittent Wi-Fi, but it could also have been my lack of expertise. So, I gave up and now have to catch up, Posted by Follow Carol in Never posted a blog before | May 31, 2013
- Mexico here I am!
Just a quick post to let you know that my Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | May 30, 2013
- Another day in paradiseToday was a simply gorgeous day. We spent the whole day by the beach (and next to the restaurant and the main pool - think swim-up bar). As the day progressed, my opinion of the place as a perfect Posted by Follow Carol in Never posted a blog before | May 26, 2013
- I'm becoming familiar with the placeSo far today we have been bums. We got up at about 8:00 and spent the morning drinking screwdrivers and continuing the "girl talk" that we spent hours on last night. Since what happens in Cabo stays in Posted by Follow Carol in Never posted a blog before | May 25, 2013
- Buenos DiasIt was a tiring travel day yesterday. You'd think a direct flight from SFO to Cabo would be easy, right? Let's just say that between the three of us we had five pieces of luggage - Posted by Follow Carol in Never posted a blog before | May 24, 2013
- Why your school should offer alternative break tripsYour school already offers study abroad and service learning- what can alternative breaks offer that these two programs can't? If you've been following the news, you know that shorter trips to more affordable destinations are the current trend, and Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | May 1, 2013