- 5 days of week 15After a 7 hr bus ride from Oaxaca We were met at the bus station by Jorge senior and his daughter Martha, and off we went to their home in Tecamachalco just outside the Districto Federal of Mexico. Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Apr 10, 2015
- Safety in Mexico. Update for 2015.SAFETY continues to be one of travelers' major concerns when coming to Mexico. Ever since Mexican president Peña Nieto promised to reduce drug violence, he has been under international scrutiny, and his report card does not look good. We're Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Apr 10, 2015
- Cozumel, Tulum and a raccoon named KikiBienvenidos a Mexico
What a blast so far. Travis and I met in the Cancun airport last week and by some miraculous grace of a woman named Fatima, we were actually able to find each other.
We spent two lovely days Posted by emlehan in Oh, The Places You'll Go | Apr 9, 2015
- WEEK 14Our bus took off right on time at 9pm. It was not quite as long only 1130 hrs
This will do just fine for five days. After a well needed shower we were off to explore.
This town is Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Apr 8, 2015
- Week 14After a very long (12 hours) but very comfy overnight bus ride from San Cristobal to Oaxaca Andrea and I cabbed to our new home for the next five days. Our room is in an old casa walking distance to Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Apr 7, 2015
- Wehrell-ed Travel, MexicoHaving a baby has turned me into a morning person. I'm up everyday by 7 a.m.--even though Des doesn't get up until closer to 7:30 a.m. on most mornings. I should point out that I didn't specify "functioning" morning person. Posted by JorieW in Wehrell-ed Travel | Apr 6, 2015
- I can't resist showing you: yet another side of San Miguel [center][/center]
This is the road up to the botanical garden - the El Charco del Ingenio jardin botánico. Our place is already a good hike up from the main square, but the city climbs up Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 4, 2015
- San Miguel: Christ, churches, churros and children... Semana Santa (Easter) is considered the holiest time of the year in predominantly Catholic Mexico. Which is why most Mexicans pack up their coolers and every inflatable device known to mankind and head to the beach. Mexico City is a Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 3, 2015
- Palm SundaySan Antonio Tlayacapan :
The start of Holy Week and the many Passion Plays in the area. This procession was at mid-day . . . hot, hot!
Charlie showed little interest so I took camera in hand and went to see what Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- Easter SundayAll the festivities are now over and Easter Sunday is actually a pretty quiet day here. We decided to enjoy our usual weekly walk to Chapala . . . this time for lunch and to take a walk along the Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- Holy SaturdayWe decided to lay low for much of the day as all the activities were to take place in the evening. As with all major events in Mexico, religious or otherwise, all the celebrations and partying happens the night before. Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- Maundy Thursday and Good FridayMaundy Thursday, San Antonio
The day is marked by religious services and the continuation of the Passion Play commemorating the Last Supper and the condemning of Jesus.
Again an amazing performance . . .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/35810 Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 2, 2015
- San Miguel: Don't hate me because I'm beautifulWe love San Miguel de Allende. There...got that out of the way. Sure, SMA has a reputation for being overrun with gringos (yes) , for being expensive (can be - you gotta know where to look) and for being Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Apr 1, 2015
- WEEK 13 Chiapas week 13
We left Merida a bit earlier than we thought we were but luckily I noticed in time to not miss it. We arrived at the restaurant Ricosoldo early but we're let in just before opening time. Olga didn't Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Mar 31, 2015
- Week 13Wednesday before catching the bus we had a quick dinner with friends Linda and Olga, at one of our favorite Merida restaurants, Rescoldos. They only open at 6pm and our bus was at 7:30, so it was a quick, Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Mar 31, 2015
- STREET MURALS-------A LONGSTANDING MEXICAN TRADITION===Mexico has a long standing tradition of using murals for social and political scenes dating back to the early Mayan civilizations and revitalized after the Mexican revolution. Today in Playa del Carmen the tradition continues. As we wandered Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Mar 30, 2015
- Xalapa: hot peppers, cool mistAfter almost a month in the Yucatan's sweltering heat and humidity, we were both craving cooler temperatures and believe it or not...rain. We chose to stay in Xalapa (prounounced - ha-la-pa) to break the drive on our way to San Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 28, 2015
- Tlacotalpan: The "unknown" UNESCO World Heritage site[center][/center]
We read about this little town, and thought it sounded perfect. Situated on a river near the Gulf of Mexico, and just south of the bustle of steamy Veracruz, it seemed i Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 25, 2015
- Week 12Sunset picture at Andrea's"last" dinner...best sunset this winter!
Off to Rio Lagartos....a very small town about 3 hours east of Progreso to see flamingos and let Len try his hand at fishing Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Mar 24, 2015
- WEEK 12 Hard to believe it is now 3 months since we came down to sunny warm Yucatan. I have been taking it easy this week with very little activity so as to be relaxed when I head into the interior. Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016 | Mar 24, 2015
- Palenque: why you must goYou'll get to do this. Like tourists propping up the Leaning Tower of Pisa, this is hardly an original pose, but Stephen made me do it. "Go stand in the middle of that plant."
[center][/cen Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 22, 2015
- Birding Mexico Day 1Hi all,
I just recently got back from Mexico with my whole family, 16 of us! We stayed at a really nice resort called Barcelo Maya Palace. About an hour south of Cancun. When we first landed I saw two Turkey Posted by birder1 in Birding Like Mad! | Mar 22, 2015
- Road trip to Palenque, Mexican-styleThings are heating up in Chiapas again. There were plenty of protests and roadblocks when we were in Chiapas three weeks ago, but they did not feel like a direct threat to us. We were unaware at the time Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 22, 2015
- Day at Sea and Formal Night.Started the day photographing the sunrise. Massive clouds blanketed the horizon and overhead there were layers of different cloud types. Because the sun didn't rise until 07:24, I had a late breakfast and arrived in the cabin just Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 19, 2015
- Magic Day In Puerto VallartaWe were treated to another beautiful sunrise as the ship sailed into the port. After a brief breakfast we prepared for our Shore Excursion. We assembled in the Wheelhouse Bar and were quickly allocated the standard coach worth Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 18, 2015