- Jan. 14 - COSTA MAYA, MEXICO
Still in the Yucatán, we docked at a resort on the coast of the Mexican state of Quintana-Roo (one of the 32 Mexican states).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Jan 14, 2017
- Jan. 13 - COZUMEL, MEXICO
We anchored near Cozumel, an island off the coast of Mexico. We are floating near the Yucatán Peninsula – ancient home of Mayan civilization.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Jan 14, 2017
- DAY 9 - BUS TO PALENQUEOur stay at San Cristobal was sadly over. I had thoroughly enjoyed the fresh air of the hills, the quitter streets and the relaxed atmosphere it radiated from its quant little streets, Good bye fair well on to pastures Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Jan 10, 2017
- Our first big NorteWhen I can't sleep at night not because of noise I focus on the waves to lull me back to sleep and if that doesn't work; read!
My night was interupted several times by my husbands phone telling him Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Jan 10, 2017
- Mexico part 2San Cristobal de la Casas
We slept terribly on the night bus. In San Cristobal we felt really cold because we had been in hot places for 8 weeks. In the morning we found a hostel and had scrambled Posted by edandsuet in Thomas's Great Adventure | Jan 10, 2017
- The End of a difficult year!
As we come to the end of a difficult year we hope this next one will not be too difficult to deal with considering who is entering the White House in a few weeks! We can only hope it will Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Jan 3, 2017
- DAY 3 - MEXICO CITY TO OAXACA6 hour ADO coach journey to OAXACA not too shabby apart from broken loo in first half of journey pretty grim.
Arrived in OAXACA at 4.30pm walked to hostel. Well what a difference from the Hostel in Mexico City. The Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Jan 2, 2017
- Week leading up to ChristmasAs I sit here listening to the lapping of the waves and seeing fishing boats going by I can't help but feel fortunate to be so calm and relaxed here in Chicxulub.
This week has been a busy one Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Dec 27, 2016
- Week twoWeek Two in Yucatan
I said when i landed in Merida that it felt like I was home and that continues to be so. There are two places other than Canada where I feel at Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Dec 20, 2016
- Over the moon in Cancún[i]Warning: we’re about to do a bulk upload. Please read them all if you’re bored, or a masochist. Otherwise, you can peruse the pictures, or read the first Havana blog. That’s not a bad one.
But you can do whatever Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 17, 2016
- VERA CRUZ, MEXICOToday at my children school I was asked by one parent "What are you doing for the holidays?" I said we are traveling to Mexico.
So the following question came Are you going on a cruise? or resort? I said Frankly Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Dec 15, 2016
- Return to the Yucatan 2016/17Week one in Yucatan
We are here on another adventure in the Yucatan. I really am disliking snow more and more so coming here for an additional month sounded like heaven to me. I am also only 6 hrs Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2016/17 | Dec 13, 2016
- JaliscoI arrived at the bus station in Guadalajara to meet my old friend Franki. We threw my stuff into the trunk of his car and hightailed it - you guessed it - for tacos and micheladas. Even as I Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Dec 12, 2016
- Back to magical MexicoSarah, Paul and I all had flights from LAX so we knew we needed to leave Vegas and make our way towards the coast. We looked at the prices of flights, busses, and car rentals and were very surprised Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Dec 12, 2016
- Ruined for ruinsSam
We left you in Cancún last Thursday night, and we left the city early on Friday morning on an organised tour. We met our driver, Raymundo, the burliest Mexican I’ve ever seen, and our diminutive and knowledgable guide Ricardo, who Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 5, 2016
- Loreto to Los Gatos
It took us about an hour to motor from Isla Coranados to Loreto where we anchored just off the main port. We all hopped in the dingy with all of our trash and trolled up to the dock. Our first Posted by SailingRitters in Zac and Seth Sail Mexico and Beyond | Dec 4, 2016
- Vamos a la playaSam (Caroline really was going to write this one but she’s a bit sick)
Our second overnight bus trip was from Palenque to the west Yucatán beach town of Tulum. It was delayed by a couple of hours, but the better Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 2, 2016
- Magical Monarch Butterfly Migration (1 Good)
One of the reasons we came to Mexico was to have the once in a lifetime experience of witnessing the Monarch Butterfly migration that commenc Posted by edandsuet in 2 Good, 2 Bad | Nov 28, 2016
- Welcome to the jungleSam
It was a long journey descending through the Chiapas mountains to Palenque, an unremarkable town save for the ancient ruins a few kilometres away. They were discovered a couple of hundred years after the town was built; a bit of Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Nov 28, 2016
- Up to the mountainsSam (Caroline will write one eventually, but she says it's a lot of pressure)
We checked out of the hostel on Thursday morning and wandered over to the Jardin Botanico de Oaxaca (Oaxaca Botanical Garden). As the guide explained - in Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Nov 27, 2016
- Monte Alban and the Zapotecs (1 Good)The city of Monte Alban, about 9km above the valley where Oaxaca lies, is apparently one of the world's great archeological treasures. I'd never heard of it or the Zapotecs, so had quite low expectations of what awaited us Posted by edandsuet in 2 Good, 2 Bad | Nov 15, 2016
- Mexico City: Taxi Driver from Hell (1 Bad)Our stay in Mexico City didn't go according to plan. The tone was set when we boarded the bus in Oaxaca, having our day packs searched and our bodies patted down for weapons. An official then boarded and Posted by edandsuet in 2 Good, 2 Bad | Nov 17, 2016
- Levels of Smeginess (1 Bad)Where does the word smeg originate from - was it "Red Dwarf" (now I'm showing my age again)? Anyway, after nine weeks on the road it became clear that decisive action was required to stop the encroaching odour, so Posted by edandsuet in 2 Good, 2 Bad | Nov 8, 2016
- Holy MoleSam
Our first challenge of this blog period was lugging our bags through the Mexico City metro at 8.30am on a Monday. Luckily, it was a public holiday, so we got to the bus station without too much fuss, and headed Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Nov 23, 2016
- San Juan Chamula: An Intense Experience (1 Good)Having visited some fascinating and interesting churches over the years including the Church of the Nativity, Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Vatican; the two hundred year old Inglesia de San Juan Bautista would seem like an odd choice Posted by edandsuet in 2 Good, 2 Bad | Nov 7, 2016