- Adios Chicxulub.....I am collecting memories of warmth and sunshine to get me through what is left of the winter.
Janet (Andrea's cousin) and I were walking back home from Chicxulub one hot and sunny day....when we turned down the side Posted by hermanita in Hermanita | Apr 14, 2014
- Mexico - Tulum (Quintana Roo) The apartment had been cleaned and fresh bed sheet and pillow cases put on the bed, two thin towels were laid on a chair in the corner. The small cooking area was not altogether so clean as we had Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 14, 2014
- Day Trip to MazamitlaOur day trip to Mazamitla took us into the mountain range, Sierra del Tigre, about two hours drive on the other side of the lake and heading southeast.
As we came around the west tip of Lake Chapala we saw rows Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Sisters come for a visit . . . Two of Nellie’s sisters have arrived from Canada for a ten day visit. Stynie from Calgary, AB and Cori from Keswick, Ont (an hour north of Toronto).
We’ve got a full itinerary setup for them and are looking forward to Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Random pics . . . Not too much new or exciting this week. Here are just a few more random shots . . .
Definitely fascinated with the doors . . .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/358109/IMG_0634.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/358109/thumb_IMG_0634 Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Mexican Coffee . . . We love coffee. This morning going for coffee was unlike anything we’ve have experienced before.
In the company of our new friends Paul Rainville (Lethbridge) and Nelson and Virginia Wood (Ont), we drove out of Ajijic for about half Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Street Party . . . Gossips RestaurantWell the windup to Mardi Gras week arrived and we booked tables at Gossips Restaurant . . . for a party of 36. Yup, there were 36 partiers from Birds and we barely made a dent in the restaurant seating.
A Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 11, 2014
- Mexico- Tulum The City of Dawn (Quintana Roo)It was our plan, after visiting the ruins of Chichen-Itza, to stay in Merida for a day or two and enjoy its cosmopolitan ambience, then visit Tulum, Playa de Carmen and the island of Cozumel and then reach Cancun. Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2014
- Carnival and Mardi Gras in AjijicToday is Fat Tuesday, the last day of the carnival season which always falls the day before Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. In the Catholic faith, Lent is the beginning of forty days of prayer, fasting and alms Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 9, 2014
- Carnival in ChapalaI remember reading a few years ago something that Erma Bombeck wrote about her sister. She said that every time she invited her sister out for lunch she was too busy doing laundry or she said she couldn’t go out Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 9, 2014
- Birds of Paradise Condo - Staff Appreciation NightWe end this week with the Bird’s of Paradise annual Staff Appreciation dinner where condo owners have the opportunity to thank their employees for another good year.
The staff here is a hard working group of long term employees including 24 Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 8, 2014
- Jocotepec . . . by busIt is becoming habit on a Thursday to leave the condo early while the cleaning crew are in. After enjoying breakfast out with one of our Bird’s neighbours, we hopped on the bus to Jocotepec which is at the Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 8, 2014
- Day Trip to GuadalajaraGuadalajara is the second largest city in Mexico and we had the opportunity to travel there with one of the old timers here, Doug Ransom. The benefit beside his company is that we had someone to explain the bus system Posted by cnmcgeehan in Charlie and Nellie | Apr 8, 2014
- Guanajuato - City of Colourful Casitas!The bus trip from Morelia to Guanajuato was amazing. So much water (lakes & reservoirs), mountains, hills, agriculture and at the end....a city in the desert. But....our first impressions of the city were not favourable. Posted by Carole and Rod in Peru Perusars & Oaxaca and Beyond! | Apr 7, 2014
- MEXICO - CHICHEN-ITZA (THE ANCIENT CAPITAL OF YUCATAN)
Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 6, 2014
- Campeche and cenotes....and caballeros!This will be a week of saying adios to many of the people we have spent time with this winter as the exodus has begun. Monday a.m. saw Dara and I walking down the beach to say bye to our Posted by hermanita in Hermanita | Apr 5, 2014
- MEXICO - THE CITY OF MERIDA (THE CAPITAL OF YUCATAN)10/10/2008:
We arrived at Merida airport after ten 0'clock at night, it was raining and the night air was clean and warm. Alex took out the Lonely Planet Guide to see at which hostel we could find accommodation at that late Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 1, 2014
- KEEPING BUSY IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN===The time here has neared an end for the time being. The months have passed by very quickly and you may wonder what we do from day to day.
Well............................................................................................................ Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Mar 31, 2014
- And the heat goes on......An image to start out the week....
Road Trip...yipee, ten of us ladies decided that a trip to the town of Kimbala was in order. This town, about 1 1/2 ho Posted by hermanita in Hermanita | Mar 31, 2014
- MEXICO - PUERTO ESCONDIDO -5. RAIN STORM AND RESTLESS NIGHT08/10/2008:
I could not sleep during the night, there was a strong breeze and noise which I could not fathom, so I got up and came out on the balcony. The sky was alight wit Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 28, 2014
- MEXICO - PUERTO ESCONDIDO -4. SURFING & SUNBURNS07/10/2008:
Alex had been taking sun yesterday and his whole face, shoulders and back are scorched. I had told him to be careful about sunbathing but what can you do. He told me about a small restaurant shack, where there are Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 25, 2014
- A SNAPSHOT OF OUR MEXICO 2014===This year we have been very busy in our new home in Playa del Carmen. We finished some renovations and generally busied ourselves with the small details that always pop up and started to relax and enjoy our Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Mar 24, 2014
- MEXICO - PUERTO ESCONDIDO -3
06/10/2008: I have noticed a very curious thing on my trip to Mexico, neither Me Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 24, 2014
- MEXICO- PUERTO ESCONDIDO-2
The main street in el Puerto Escondido, El Adoquin, is a long street from one end of the town to the other. At that time it was unpaved, men were working to improve it, small shops on both sides looking Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 22, 2014
- MEXICO -PUERTO ESCONDIDO -1
05/10/2008: We were looking forward to continue our journey to the south coast of Mexico and in the morning took a mini bus (fare 130 pesos pp) for Puerto Escondido (The Hidden Port). The journey of 300kms, Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 21, 2014