- Au marchéLe marché principal de San Cristóbal de las Casas est un dédale d'étals chargés et colorés. C'est ici que viennent les gens qui habitent les villages indigènes pour vendre leurs fruits et légumes, leurs tissages faits à la main ainsi Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 20, 2013
- ZoomatOnce we had settled into our apartment, we decided to make our first day trip to the capital of Chiapas, a hot and busy town called Tuxtla Gutierrez, about an hour's drive from San Cristóbal de las Casas and 1600 Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 19, 2013
- WEEK 11 I thought that Monday evening was going to include the consul general of Canada in Cancun. But when we got to the event at Flamingos he/she was a no show. She was in Merida only! That did Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2013 | Mar 19, 2013
- Mexico - Mexico CityOur last Latin American city! We both have mixed feelings and like anything amazing, we don't want it to end. However, it has been a long time on the road, so some routine will be nice as we venture to Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Mar 19, 2013
- All or NothingFor two years while Steve was doing our renovations I did all the cooking, washed all the dishes, did daily cleaning tasks, washed and folded all the laundry, did all the grocery shopping and meal planning, plus took Lily to Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 18, 2013
- Tlacolula, Oaxaca, Hosts Nieve, Mezcal & Gastronomic Fair Alvin Starkman, M.A., J.D.
Fried grasshopper and tamarind ice cream? Well, actually it’s a sherbet, but nevertheless it’s one of the more exotic treats available at the annual Festival de la Nieve, Mezcal y Gastronomía in Tlacolula, Oaxaca. Posted by titosarah in Attractions in and around Oaxaca, Mexico | Mar 18, 2013
- A breath of fresh airWe arrived in San Cristóbal de las Casas at about 1pm on Wednesday March 6. We could see as we arrived that the landscape had changed now that we were 2 200m in altitude. I had been in contact with Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 17, 2013
- On The Way The months leading up to spring break had been arduous and tense for the family, for reasons I may or may not disclose later. The theory created by Dad (Garry Fawley) was that we were all in need for a Posted by Maddyfawley in Tales of a Teenage Traveller | Mar 16, 2013
- A Change of Fortunes: Back in Baja
I have severely improved my predicament. I’ve left the icy grip of late winter in the midwest for the hot desert comfort of Baja, Mexico. To put it in numbers, I went from 29 to 75 (f), from freezing rain Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Mar 16, 2013
- Bus Travel in the darkYes, I know I have already said that bus travel in Mexico is sooper-dooper. It is, the only issue is that you shouldn't travel after dark. The statistics on hold ups and the like rise exponentially after 6pm, especially on Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Mar 16, 2013
- Towns beginning with a TThe bus out of Mexico City was spacious and comfortable. I don't think I have ever travelled in a country where the buses could be called anything resembling either of those two words, and that includes Britain and Ireland. The Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Mar 16, 2013
- Mexico City
For those of you who dont know me, Nora is a well seasoned traveller. Outside Europe, she has at least 30 countries under her belt, spanning Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Mar 16, 2013
- La route vers San Cristóbal de las CasasLe matin du 6 mars nous nous sommes levés à 5h30 pour prendre un taxi pré-réservé à 6h qui nous a amené à la gare d'autobus de 1ère classe à Palenque. Au revoir la belle jungle et au plaisir de Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 16, 2013
- PLAYA DEL CARMEN------LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME===Life here is not just one day at the beach (or pool) after another. We have to get involved in some normal routines like buying food, washing clothes, and general day to day chores. However no matter how Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Mar 14, 2013
- PalenqueIl y a 10 ans, ou même 5, un voyage de nuit en autobus aurait été une bonne façon pour les jeunes voyageurs que nous étions de couvrir des kilomètres tout en épargnant les frais d'une nuit à l'hôtel. Or Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 13, 2013
- Week Ten in the Yucatan!Week ten
Last night I had company over for dinner. I had made a big batch of chili and needed to share it with people or I would be eating it for the rest of my stay here. Sharon Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2013 | Mar 11, 2013
- CampecheWhen we decided to leave Xpujil to go to Campeche we took a 2nd class bus which left at 11am and was supposed to take 4 hours or so. By car it would be a 3.5-hour journey. With stops to Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 10, 2013
- CalakmulWhen we were in the village of Zoh-Laguna, Steve's niece Kim had given us the name of a friend who does tours to a Maya archeological site called Calakmul, in the heart of the 7,231 km[sup]2[/sup] Calakmul Biosphere Reserve, one Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 7, 2013
- WEEK 9 ALONENot only did this week find me alone but with 5 days of Norte and some rain keeping me couped up in the house!!
This morning when the alarm went off at the ungodly hour of 4am it hit me Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2013 | Mar 4, 2013
- SURPRISE-------WE BOUGHT A HOUSE===Much to our surprise, and probably even more to our friends and family, we bought a house. We decided that we really love being here and that why not be adventurous in our old age. Lets do something Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Mar 4, 2013
- Mexico, Here We Come!Our trip actually started the night before as we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express on Saturday night. We arrived at various times during the evening and checked in. After all were gathered, we had a "meeting" where Posted by carlamarshall in Canada/Mexico Exchange 2013 | Mar 4, 2013
- Aller vers...Lors de nos déplacements, nous gardons à l'esprit qu'il y a deux façons de faire : aller à un lieu ou aller vers un lieu. Si on est pressé et que notre but est d'arriver de façon plus expéditive, on Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 3, 2013
- 5 years old in Mexico!How do parents celebrate their daughter's 5th birthday when they are living out of a suitcase?
With surprise ballons, birthday cupcakes, and presents...
Happy Birthday Lily! We love you.
Bonne Fête! Nous t'aimons.
¡Feliz cumpleaños! Te am Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Mar 2, 2013
- La vie au villageNous arrivons de quelques jours calmes et reposants dans un tout petit village dans l'état de Campeche. Le village s'appelle Zoh-Laguna et c'est Kim, la nièce de Steve, qui nous l'a recommandé car elle y a habité lorsqu'elle travaillait au Posted by nslmexico in Encore Mexico! | Feb 28, 2013
- CELUSTUN---THIS PLACE IS REALLY IN THE PINK===Located on the Gulf of Mexico and about 2 hours south west of Merida, Celestun is the home of the winter feeding of the Yucatan's 35,000 pink Flamingos. This must be one of the world's magnificent birds sights. Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 26, 2013