- WEEK 11At times I can't believe we have been here this long and other times it seems I have been here for ages. My stay on the beach is fast approaching the end. Preparations are being done by Alexis as to Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2015 | Mar 17, 2015
- Tulum: A Tale of Two TownsAs I mentioned in my last blog posting, Tulum has three distinct areas: the ruins, the town and the beach. Ruins - self-explanatory. The town - straddling the highway, and located about 3 km. from the beach. Those without cars Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 17, 2015
- At Sea off the Mexican CoastAt 05:30 this morning I managed to upload my postings for the past few days. I was further rewarded by a beautiful sunrise this morning at 06:27. Shared a breakfast with Jenny and then sat outside the Future Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 17, 2015
- Hogging the shade in Tulum[center][/center]
The beach at Tulum is just as advertised - water fans out from the palest turquoise to the deepest marine blue. The pale beige (it's not white) sand really is the textur Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 15, 2015
- Tulum: between a rock and a hard place[center][/center]
Tulum is considered by some to be a vortex - a mystical, magical blend of age-old ruins and New Age hippies. After two days here, we are starting to feel "the vibe". Actua Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 12, 2015
- WEEK 10 Dara left bright and early with our friendly reliable driver Gustavo! I felt mixed emotions when he departed! Believe it or not, I find it hard to express my feelings! I am not sure how I feel about him gone Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2015 | Mar 11, 2015
- Week 10Dara's birthday party was a great "pig fest"...literally, the BBQ is in the shape of a piggy! All kinds of appetizers, steaks from Costco, roasted beets and carrots, home made cabbage rolls and Tres Leches cake for dessert, omg.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Mar 10, 2015
- This Side of ParadiseAs my half-opened eyes blinked away the dust of the morning, I notice Andrea is up rushing
around rather busily. She sees me stretch my yawning arms and says, "Hurry up! We're going to be late!"
"Late for what?", I said. Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Mar 9, 2015
- The Yucatan: From ruins to roseate spoonbills[center][/center]
While we were staying in Progreso, one of our intended day trips were the ruins at Uxmal, about one and a half hours drive away. Friends had told us about them, I had re Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 8, 2015
- FEBRUARY FUN BACK IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN===Back in Playa del Carmen our exciting (?) life continues. There is always something going on from great international festivals like the BPM (Beats Per Minute) to little events like the birthday party our neighbour held for his wife. Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Mar 8, 2015
- Mexico's Colonial Heartland, North of Mexico City
==Day 1 & 2 – Mexico City, Tula, and Queretaro ==
We arrived into Mexico City and stayed overnight at a hotel near the airport. The next day we drove about 1.5 hours to Tula where w Posted by janejoe in Mexico's Colonial Heartland | Mar 7, 2015
- When taking the road less travelled backfiresOur son Dan commented once that we don't seem to have a plan for life. Not sure if that observation was spawned by my many jobs, or our many moves, but he has a point.
Most of this trip has been Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 6, 2015
- The view from the other seat.Stephen here, blogging my thoughts on our Mexican adventure.
I started the journey reading Ted Simon’s Jupiter’s Travels, who in the early 1970s travelled the world for 4 years riding a Triu Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 4, 2015
- WEEK 9 Just as we find a nicer spot to play euchre and have it on Wednesday we find out that Elly May is closing Quinta Progreso on the weekend; but we can continue to play only we will not be able Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2015 | Mar 3, 2015
- Campeche: pirates, pastels and bad pizza[center][/center]
[b][center]No idea who Don Gustavo was, but he was a whole lot friendlier than the men we encountered in our very firs Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Mar 2, 2015
- Week 9Spent a creative Tuesday morning with friends at Andrea's making beach treasure jewlery. Jodi and Debbie, our token American friends, arranged a session so we could learn the art of wire wrappjng. Jodi is extremely creative and when at Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Mar 2, 2015
- Guerrillas and graffiti... We have friends who travelled in Chiapas during the time of the Zapatista uprising, and subsequent tensions in the 90s, and they all felt the same unease being in this area at that time. Twenty years later, the issues Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Feb 25, 2015
- Days 5, 6, 7 & 8 Nuevo Vallarta I'm behind on the blog but will summarize the last few days:
Sunday, Day 5 - After breakfast Jim and I rode the bikes north of our hotel for about 4 miles each way, then we walked along the beach. The Posted by PatriciaA in Nuevo Vallarta Golf Trip 2-2015 | Feb 25, 2015
- WEEK 8 Another week in Paradise! I am not sure what we shall do with ourselves now that it is so quiet. After the last departure of Sheena and Adam we got the news from Toronto that they were approved Posted by OhUiginn in Mexico 2015 | Feb 24, 2015
- What poverty looks like in Chiapas:[center][/center]
Me again - such a big day I had to write down all my thoughts and impressions and pass them along.
We booked a tour to visit two indigenous villages close to San Cristo Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Feb 23, 2015
- Week 8 For those who couldn't get the link to work last week....video from Faces (Great music by and for a bunch of oldies!)
Strolled into Progreso , feet in the sea (is there any other way?) accompani Posted by hermanita in Winter 2015 | Feb 23, 2015
- San Cristobal: kicking my preconceived ideas to the curb[center][/center]
[center]This is San Cristobal de las Casas. Graffiti by noted street artist Kram[/center]
[center] Posted by millerburr in Leaving Ourselves Behind | Feb 23, 2015
- Day 4 Nuevo VallartaToday was a golf day. We were up at 6 a.m., ate breakfast, and boarded the bus at 7:05 for a 40 minute bus ride to the course.
There are actually two courses at Vista Vallarta. One is a Nicklaus Posted by PatriciaA in Nuevo Vallarta Golf Trip 2-2015 | Feb 22, 2015
- A Southern-Style Baby Moon (pt 1)Monday April 21
After some thinking we decided to start this trip off right. We upgraded to First Class :) I'm pretty sure this was also the first time we were on time for a flight! We actually had time to Posted by vansas in Vance & Sasha's Travels | Apr 21, 2014
- Day 3 Nuevo VallartaGood day today - beautiful morning.
After breakfast a few girlfriends and I walked Posted by PatriciaA in Nuevo Vallarta Golf Trip 2-2015 | Feb 20, 2015