Blog Entries tagged 'Milan'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Milan'
- Lake Como and Milan==Thursday, September 22==
Trains make mainland Italy delightfully easy to get around. We caught a 10am train from Florence, and arrived at our bed and breakfast in Varenna on Lake Como by 2pm. The train reached a maximum speed of 295km/hour Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Sep 29, 2016
- Gypsies, Tramps and ThievesIt all escalated quickly, he had captured my imagination and before long I was standing in an alleyway next to a MAC Cosmetics store in Milano having my palm read by a flamboyant Italian gypsy.
Sergio stopped as we were looking Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 5, 2016
- Milan, Verona, Venice Italy's border patrol is nowhere as strict as ours in Australia, all we did was have our passports stamped and we were out. No customs forms, entry cards etc to be completed. We met the girls at the car Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 2, 2016
- Sydney to Milan Nearly nine months after first booking flights for this trip, the day finally arrived - it was time to go! Flying out of Sydney at 3pm on Singapore Airlines, Adam (son) and I were driven to Sydney airport and arrived Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 1, 2016
- We(talian)After a friend's birthday weekend trip to Dusseldorf, Germany, we embarked on what I would consider the best trip yet. Of course, I say that about every trip I go on, but Italy is something special. I've always wanted to Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Mar 30, 2016
- Getting ready for our 25th Wedding AnniversaryWell the big day is rapidly approaching, less than 2 months to go!
Our friend and guide has been kind enough to provide us a list of what we need to take on our trip:
European Travel Tips
Common Costs. Common Posted by ChrisandSoni in Chris & Soni's Italy Trip 2016 | Feb 15, 2016
- Milano Centrale Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/1/|1st Night in Milan]]
Milano Centrale is the main railway station in Milan and many inter-city trains pass here. When boarding the train to La Spezia, we were pushing our luggage along the pla Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 7, 2015
- 1st Night in MilanPrevious Post: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/1/|Qatar Stopover]]
Our arrival and departure point was at the Milan Malpensa Airport, making Milan our first stop in Europe. We only used it as a transit at this point of time. We would later re Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 7, 2015
- First Stop: MilanI'm currently sitting on the train from Milan to Rome - a 360 mile trip in just under 3 hours. Even better, it was only 10 euros (with my pass) for a comfortable seat and a small table in Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 18, 2014
- Arrivederci ItaliaVenice
I woke up to a smelly surrounding and with an aching back. Lesson of the day - do not stay in cheap hostels near the smaller canals. It stinks during the summer.
The real tou Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014
- Rude Italians (Part 2)Milan+Venice
Okay.....if you've read my (Part 1) post, you would know that I was basically NOT happy with how things were going with my great ITALY weekend escapade. Actually, at that time, I was really scared. Big Italian lady shouting at Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014
- MilanWe started our day in Milan in search of breakfast. We made it all the way into the Duomo Piazza thinking that we would sit, eat and gaze, only to discover that breakfast there would cost us 27 Euro Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 7, 2014
- To MilanWe said a fond farewell to our apartment in the Marais to head to Milan. I really enjoyed having more space than the previous hotel room, but did feel quite nervous about being on the 6th floor with no Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 7, 2014
- A tale of three cities
We've certainly been on the move in the last couple of days. Yesterday we boar Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 4, 2014
- My trip to MilanMILAN is Italy’s business capital, urban, and grey (literally since it was drizzling when we got there and everything seemed grey to me). For short trips to Italy, I’d recommend that people skip Milan since it doesn’t fulfill the usual Posted by Kate T. in Itchy Feet | Apr 16, 2014
- Cimetero Monumentale (Monument Cemetry)One of the less well-known spots to visit here in Milan is the beautiful cemetery known as "Cimetero Monumentale", named as such specifically for the vast array of amazing monuments therein. The cemetery, one of the two main cemeteries in Posted by lastudentessa in My Italian Adventure | Jun 24, 2013
- MilanSince we moved in and got a little settled in Freiburg, we’ve been able to travel a bit. We’ve visited Strasbourg and Colmar, two border cities in France, and we went to Berlin with our class. When we found out Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Nov 5, 2012
Meeting my girlfriend for the first time in six months was definitely strange...I had booked a room at the beautiful Double Tree Hotel in Milan and when I finally arrived at the desk after hours of sitting in trains, planes Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Dec 1, 2012
- Kicking offDay 1. Milan
This trip is about revelation. The first mental lightning struck me as early as I was on the plane - I have to be richer. Flying economy for 12 hours, with an one year old kid screaming Posted by doleesi in Not everyone who wanders is lost | Sep 2, 2012
- Jesus Christ!OK, this time I'm gonna chill, and go with the flow without over-planning everything (Repeat three times in my head every time I am obsessed with my excel file...)
Today, while I am randomly browsing attractions in Milan, I reckon Leonardo Posted by doleesi in Not everyone who wanders is lost | Aug 9, 2012
- Observations sul trasportoTravel teaches you many things. One is that planning is by-and-large a good thing; especially when trying to transport 2 adults and 2 children around a sizeable and busy country. Another lesson - usually learnt when complacency sets in - Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Jun 8, 2012
- Tornare in Italia - Back from ItalyStill with my latest trip on my mind, I'm back to Portugal. This long weekend in Italy was just something I needed to feel alive.
As I told you in the latest post, we were headed to Genova (Genoa), but our Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 6, 2012
- Tornare in Italia - MilanMy girlfriend invited me and arranged a trip for us to Lago di Como, in Northern Italy.
So, in 4 weeks I'll be spending my weekend flying to Milan, then a train ride to somewhere near the lake.
[img=http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1378/611139944_c47da61 Posted by danics in World Away | May 7, 2012
- What they don't tell you...I have been a very foolish little girl. For a very, very long time. So foolish I am almost embarassed to keep writing.
You know how this blog is supposed to document the adventures of an anonymous me, wandering the world Posted by enoura in Change location, change luck | Nov 24, 2011
- An Awesome Christian Conference in Milan
I could say it’s by coincidence, but I know there is no such thing, only God incidents – which lead me to a confe Posted by lastudentessa in My Italian Adventure | Nov 21, 2011