- So, this is MoldovaI could only stay in Odessa for one day to stay on schedule. Which is a shame, I really like it there. After a night of heavy drinking with the guys from my hostel and a few winks Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 11, 2012
- Eastern EuropeWhen I traveled overland through Central Asia (or ‘The Stans’) last year I realized I’d been to all but 4 of the former SSRs and so this trip was very much about visiting the last few and getting a sense Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Aug 27, 2012
- Exploring rain soaked monastery cavesTheoretically, today was to have been our last day in Moldova. The overnight train was to have taken us to Moscow that evening. However, with flights on the new One World airline S7 readily available, cheaply, we had decided to Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 27, 2011
- Sunday, a day of leisureChişinău, Moldova
Waking to incessant rain, this Sunday morning was not one for exploring the somewhat limited sights of Chişinău. With few locals braving the worsening conditions we relaxed in our little Moldovan apartment with a leisurely porridge br Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 26, 2011
- Deported from a country that does not existChişinău, Moldova
The gentle rain of the previous evening had grown more persistent overnight and was a most unwelcome sight this morning. Whilst the Central Bus Station was located only a mile from our apartment reaching it would prove to be Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 25, 2011
- A journey back in time to the poorest country in EuropeKiev, Ukraine – Chişinău, Moldova
With soon to depart trains to Berlin, St. Petersburg, Moscow and Odessa it is unsurprising, as we entered Kiev Central Train Station, at around midnight, that there was a relative bustle of locals preparing for their Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 24, 2011
- Transnistria and GagauziaAn unexpected Central European adventure to drive from the Moldovian capital Chisinau via the Turkish semi-autonomous exclave Gagauzia through the unrecognized Republic of Transnistria to Odessa, Ukraine. A journey back to Soviet times.
Best Hotel in C Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Mar 20, 2011
- Moldova-Ukraine BorderDO NOT CROSS FROM MOLDOVA TO UKRAINE/ODESSA VIA TRANSDNIESTRIA - the autonomous republic that now separates Moldova from Ukraine near Odessa. I have done it but STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TRY.
Visa restrictions to Moldova for EU citizens were Posted by maxxxman in Ukraine: an HONEST account | Jul 11, 2008
- How to find a convenient hotel in Chisinau?Location
The criteria taken into consideration are: the hotel must be located not far from the centre of the city, preferable not far from the airport and located in a quiet place near a park.
Now it’s time to speak about comfort Posted by hotelmold in Cheap Hotels in Moldova | Oct 24, 2007
- Double border passing - A state within a stateThe plane is small and pretty but don't give you that sense of safety that a big one gives you. There are only few passengers, mainly locals I think. The flight is short and the meal is good enough.
When we Posted by Maurizio in Moldova (and Transnistria) October 2006 | Oct 27, 2006
- An unexpected journeyThis is a travel I wasn't really supposed to do, but since I knew someone living in "the unrecognized state of Transnistria" this is a chance I couldn't lose.
I planned 5 days but after I'm back I regret a Posted by Maurizio in Moldova (and Transnistria) October 2006 | Oct 26, 2006