- MongoliaAs our China multi-entry visas limit us to 30 days for each stay, we decided that a side trip to Mongolia would be a great experience - for the real thing as opposed to repeating my unimpressive Inner Mongolia visit Posted by HT in HT and Tez's Amazing Race | Sep 11, 2009
- Mongolia: Ulaanbataar & Gobi Desert (Trans-Siberian Railway)This blog covers our time in Mongolia – the second of our two stops on the Trans-Siberian Railway. The blog covering the full train journey, both before and after Mongolia, is here (http://bigtrip2009.travellerspoint.com/26/).
[i Posted by bigtrip09 in Ali and Rowan's Big Trip | Sep 11, 2009
- Mongolia (E)Mongolia is, without any doubt, predominantly rural. We were surprised to see the landscape change as soon as we approached the Russia/Mongolia border. It is amazing the difference between Mongolia and the very developed and forested Russia. Mongolia Posted by Fiorela in Two Vagabonds and a Half | Sep 7, 2009
- MongoliaVchera, sled celodnevno chakane na granicata nai-nakraia proniknahme v Mongolia.
Purvo stignahme s vlak do granichnoto rusko gradche Naushki, no se okaza che e samo je-pe granica, do shoseinata oshte 40km. Prinudihme se da vzemem edno taxi, Posted by 100kmvChas in Сибирски Пътепис | Aug 15, 2009
- The Mongolia experience - part III
OMG! this was cold!! The Khovsgol lake is frozen until around May....
When we got in the Khovsgol lake we were in a quite touristy Ger camp and I (Andre) wa Posted by shiriandre in Shiri and Andre one year off blog | Jul 30, 2009
- The Mongolia experience - part II
Sleeping in Gers
Gers are the ultimate Mongolian nomad houses. It is a kind of a tent, that can be built in just one hour. Usually the Ger can have up to 6 people and all the life of t Posted by shiriandre in Shiri and Andre one year off blog | Jul 30, 2009
- The Mongolia experience - part I
By the time we have arrived at our last Asian destination of this trip, we were happy to accept the fact that the easy way to travel in Mongolia is by an all included organized trip. Having Posted by shiriandre in Shiri and Andre one year off blog | Jul 30, 2009
- Mongolia20 days with no communication from the outside world, 3500 km (10 out of them on paved roads) in a Russian van. 100km of horses riding. several kms of hiking. 20 songs in loop. Hot desert, sand dunes, freezing cold Posted by shiriandre in Shiri and Andre one year off blog | Jul 26, 2009
- Trip to the TereljTerelj is Mongolian beautiful natural complex which is easiest to get from capital city of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar. You need only 2$ and you can catch local bus and after about 2 hours you can get there. There are lots of Posted by uundaa in Uundaa is there... | Jul 22, 2009
- Hello World!Hello World! My name is Uundaa and lives in Mongolia. This is my first post and I hope it will go on. I will visit my nephews who lives in Munich, Germany few days later and also planning to travel Posted by uundaa in Uundaa is there... | Jul 22, 2009
- 6 day tour that became 5 .......The trip out into the countryside had its high points and a few low points. Overall, it was a great experience.
The first day consisted of a 5-6 hour drive over both paved and dirt roads. There were times Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jun 25, 2009
- Another day in UB.........It is Friday and we are idling until 12:30 at which time we will pick-up our passports at the Russian Embassy. It is then off to the only temple here in UB because the Russian's did a very good Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jun 18, 2009
- Hanging in Terelj, National ParkAnthony and I went to Terelj National Park with three other people. There were the two Sarahs from England and a german guy whose name I never quite got, R-something. Any-hoo, the drive was about 45 to 50 Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jun 17, 2009
- Whoo-hoo, will be getting the Russian transit visa........Okay. Went to the Russian embassy this afternoon and we passed the limus test for transit visa. We will be picking the visa up on Thursday. Thank god, the big mammoo, or what ever power/s you ascribe Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jun 15, 2009
- A weekend in Mandal, MongoliaWe got on the train for Mandal around 10:30 Saturday. Jerry from Japan but living in Hawaii went with us. Apparently, he has been traveling for 6 years but he was not forthcoming with the details of why Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jun 14, 2009
- Getting closer to that elusive Russian visaOkay, so Anthony and I have spent two days trying to work-out this visa situation. We finally found a travel agency in Ulaan-Bataar that could get us the tickets from Moscow to Tallinn, Estonia. For train seats it Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jun 12, 2009
- MongoliaArriving in a strange land
Ulaan Baator (locals call it UB) is like a different world to anything I've seen before. Partly due to poverty, partly because of their cultural heritage. Indian-style trills are integrated into their songs, city build Posted by hazelnutty in Adventures in the North | May 22, 2009
- Camping on the Mongolian SteppeI had an early start on Wednesday which didn't sit well with the fact that you can buy 1 litre beers in the pubs of Ulaanbaatar for about 2euro ( still doesn't beat the 1.75EUR bottles of vodka I was Posted by ronanm32 in The Eastern Campaign | May 3, 2009
- Welcome to Mongolia
I arrived in Ulaanbaatar in the morning and once I had found my accommodation and gotten some food I set about exploring the capital. All in all I am impressed with the place, I heard it was m Posted by ronanm32 in The Eastern Campaign | May 3, 2009
- EngrishWhen the thirst hits me when I'm travelling I always reach for a bottle of “Most Freshest Deep”, nothing quenches thirst better :-)
When on the go I enjoy eating peanuts as they are a " Posted by ronanm32 in The Eastern Campaign | May 3, 2009
- Train Times (Part 2)Having spent the night awake in the train station, occasionally being moved to have my ticket checked or so the cleaners can clean under my seat, I get on the train at 5am utterly exhausted & so don't register the Posted by Bimbler in Carol Goes Adventuring | Apr 29, 2009
- Vi fant vi fant!Nassan tours dro vaare naa (etter all den gaaingen og klatringen vi har faatt under beltet) veldig veltrente stumper ut i mini-Gobi. Turen var ikke uventet veldig humpete og overraskende nok nesten som en safari. Mini-Gobi kryr av liv med Posted by L og P in Transsibirske og Forbi! | Apr 10, 2009
- One hit wonderTirsdagen dro vi hjem fra Terelj naturark og pleiet bekjentskapet med franske Florian og amerikanske Brad. Samme skjedde onsdag, kombinert med tempelbesoek hvis vi filmet en gudstjeneste ulovlig. Noe som bare gjorde det vi fikk pa film enda kulere da Posted by L og P in Transsibirske og Forbi! | Apr 10, 2009
- Verdens kaldeste hovestadDa har vi altsaa kommet til Ulan Bator, og har hatt det svaert saa travelt!
Soendag ble brukt til aa drikke altfor mange drinker paa vaar yndlingspub "Grand Khan Irish Pub", bare fordi det er SAA billig, og her moette vi Posted by L og P in Transsibirske og Forbi! | Apr 10, 2009
- Hello Europe!Etter var svaert saa dramatiske tur over isen var vi klare for a komme oss pa toget og over grensen til Mongolia. Vi var ikke kjempeglade da vi horte folk som ravet og var i det festhumoret pa perrongen utenfor Posted by L og P in Transsibirske og Forbi! | Apr 5, 2009