- Mongolia Part 2 - The Very UglyOk so we’ve clarified that the food in Mongolia has been pretty awful. However, the single biggest issue we had with Mongolia was the roads. Our plan was to travel between key sites for 3 weeks starting in Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 25, 2014
- Mongolia Part 1 - The Good, The BadBefore we start, be warned this is a pretty lengthy post as we’ve soooo much to tell you all since our last update. So grab a strong coffee before you read on!
When we first arrived in Mongolia, we were Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 24, 2014
- Going wild in Mongolia / Divocina v Mongolsku
We didn't know what to expect when we went to Mongolia. Yes, we have been reading about the v Posted by zuzana.zav in Are we there yet? | May 21, 2014
- Between steppe and dunesThat's how I can describe the last leg of the train journey. The Gobi desert, set between Mongolia and China, is a mix of these two. Some people prefer not to call it a desert, due to the lack of Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | May 19, 2014
- If Genghis Khan had a car......he would have gone much further! These Mongolian are completely out of their minds when it comes to driving... I am surprised how I survived.
My stomach can't say the same. After 15 days of food challenging, it gave up and Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | May 17, 2014
- Surviving the chaosWhen you enter Mongolia, you have to forget all your good manners. Spitting on the street is usual as long as elbowing others to enter on a bus. You are not likely to offer your seat to a mother with Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | May 16, 2014
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia (29th September - 3rd October)We were met at the station by the owner of the hostel we'd booked into. We'd thought it was just a nice helpful gesture but he then took us to some random hotel and not his hostel at all. He Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Nov 1, 2013
- Three days after I had posted my last blog……My dad and Annette were standing in front of my apartment at 7.30 a.m.! :-) Really great! Also strange of course, to have them here, in ‘my’ neighbourhood. I believe my dad said to Annette: “This can’t be it... right?” Posted by reneebhs in Mongolia! | Oct 30, 2013
- Researching and enjoying MongoliaSo, I saw a chance to write a piece again :-) Weekend #8 in Mongolia.
During the past weeks I mainly focused on developing a good (final) internship plan and arranging all things for my data collection. Also not especially Posted by reneebhs in Mongolia! | Oct 12, 2013
- In Nalaikh for exactly one month...... but it feels much longer! As I am writing this, it’s Thursday evening. During dinner I said to Ada, it’s exactly 4 weeks ago that I arrived in Mongolia, but it feels much longer already. Yes, she said, but Posted by reneebhs in Mongolia! | Sep 19, 2013
- What noise does an angry Mongolian tent make?Not a yurt and pronounced to rhyme with her, hair or here - the ger is a lot more spacious than you’d think. Inside there are usually some of the mod-cons you’d expect of a 21st century family; satellite TV, Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Sep 17, 2013
- Food Glorious Food!We've just returned from 14 days travelling around southern and central Mongolia (formerly Outer), but more about that later...
Food Glorious Food…Well, as I should have expected from the former capital, capital and major tourist destinations, t Posted by ChipFondue in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Sep 10, 2013
- Genghis and Gers Arriving anywhere at 6am is disorientating and UlaanBaatar is no exception- the blaring video billboards were particularly unwelcome and we resembled refugees as we camped out in the hotel's swanky piano lounge waiting for our rooms.
In the afternoon w Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 8, 2013
- Ulaanwhatnow?We arrived in Mongolia far too early on a crisp August morning - condensing breath and all - after a bit of an impromptu train vodka party the night before with some Americans who helped us finally finish the awful Posted by feeverte in Second Star to the Right | Sep 6, 2013
- Meetings, Mongolian “micro’s” and beautiful nature :-)As I am writing this, it is Friday, the sixth of September (already!). Now it's about six o'clock in the evening; today I had my first Mongolian language class! Nice ;-) it seems I can also actually learn some Mongolian Posted by reneebhs in Mongolia! | Sep 6, 2013
- Overheard conversationOur long-distance train journeys have changed subtly as we have ventured east as they have become increasingly filled with international travelers. Consequently, what started out with what felt like an intrepid journey alone, where we had to learn train e Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Aug 26, 2013
- Mongolian updateDay 4 of my period in Nalaikh! Although it feels like I've been here for a much longer period already.
Last Thursday morning at 6 a.m. I arrived at the airport and was picked up by Ada and one of the Posted by reneebhs in Mongolia! | Aug 25, 2013
- UlaanbaatarAccording to the itinerary today we had nothing planned until 2.30pm. I was enjoying the idea of a leisurely morning in the national park, maybe a nice walk taking in some more of the beautiful scenery. That was until Gary Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 14, 2013
- Terelj National ParkWe arrived in Ulaanbaatar just after 6am. I was disappointed, although not surprised, there was no breakfast provided on this train. Fortunately me and Kipp still had bread and cheese left from the night before. When we stepped off the Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 13, 2013
- Leaving MongoliaAs we were on the same train in the morning Ana ordered a taxi and then collected me from my hostel along with a belgum guy from my hostel.
I had some really nice people in my cabin Bertnard, Jolien, (from Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 6, 2013
- Day trip in MongoliaToday i did a day trip out to Terelj national park and the statue of Genghis khan, as I only had one day left and so didn't have time to do and over night stay in a ger tent (yurt). Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 6, 2013
- MongoliaWe arrived in Ulan-Bator early in the morning and my hostel collected me and a load of other guests which was nice, saves trying to figure out how to get there.
I Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 4, 2013
- MongoliaIn our limited time we experienced two faces of Mongolia – the capital city and nearby National Park.
[float=right][/float]Firstly we were welcomed by Mongolian metropolis Ulaanbaatar. This ci Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jul 27, 2013
- Deep Blue MongoliaWe spent two weeks trekking around [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolia|Mongolia]], and had an amazing time. In a country of just under 3 million people, of which almost half live in the capital of [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulan_Bator|Ulan-Bato Posted by noahv in The Journey is the Reward | Jul 16, 2013
- My trip to Ulaanbaatar, MongoliaOn June 1st I started my dream trip around the world. I left for Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from Mississauga, Canada, arriving on June 3rd. The total duration of the trip was 33 hours and 40 minutes, the flight had 2 stops Posted by emkerry in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 1, 2013