- Blue MoroccoWe recovered from yesterday's mountain climb up to the Medina of Chefchaouen.
It also was very hot so we were going to use time to plan out Paris, blog writing and quietly enjoy our last days of Morocco. Our Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Sep 1, 2016
- The more you look, the more you seeThe night we arrived in Fes was a whirl wind. Mohammed first dropped us at the bus station so we could pop in and buy our tickets for the remaining portions of our trip and then transported us Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 31, 2016
- Thomas of Arabia
With our journey through Morocco largely uncharted, we have freedom to choose our adventure. We want to get to Fes from Marr Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 30, 2016
- Marrakesh ExpressIn the famous lyrics of Crosby, Stills and Nash, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiOtSTFh_9M|"Would you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express ... all on board that train!"]]
In a dramatic change of scenery and culture, we head to Morocco.
Al Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 24, 2016
- Marrakech to Casablanca - Monday, 1 August 2016Hotel - The Hotel and Spa Le Doge - Room - the Lartigue Suite
Before we went to bed last night, I gave Phil a teaspoon of Huile de Nigelle (Black Seed Oil) that is supposed to stop snoring, but more Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Aug 1, 2016
- Marrakech - Sunday, 31 July 2016Hotel - Riad Kniza Marrakesh - Room 2
Had a great night's sleep and didn't want to get out of bed this morning. These late dinners are killing me!
Breakfast was funny. There are no menus in this Riad. Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 31, 2016
- Ouarzazate to Ait Benhaddou to Marrakech - Sat, 30 July 2016Hotel - Riad Kniza Marrakesh - Room 2
Had a good night's sleep, in fact I was still in dream land when the alarm went off. We have been thinking that our driver reminds us of someone, but just couldn't Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 30, 2016
- Erfoud to Ouarzazate - Friday, 29 July 2016Hotel - Berbere Palace, Ouarazate - Room 310
After a very big day yesterday and a great sleep last night, we were a bit slow to get moving this morning and rushed to meet Abdou by 9.30 am.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/36150E3A Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 29, 2016
- Fes to Erfoud - Thursday, 28 July 2016Hotel - Kasbah Xaluca Erfoud - Room 112
Today is our biggest road trip from Fes to Erfoud, 600 kms. We left Fes at 9am and finally, after a very long day, checked into our hotel at Erfoud at about Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 29, 2016
- Fes - Wednesday, 27 July 2016Hotel - The Riad Fes - upgrade to the Ambassador's Suite
It is so hot, we slept with the air con on last night, which is something we never do. Phil was pretty restless with his cough so we were Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 27, 2016
- Rabat to Volubilis to Meknes to Fes - Tuesday, 26 July 2016Hotel - The Riad Fes - upgrade to The Ambassador's Suite
We both had a great night's sleep in the peaceful, perfumed environment that is La Villa Mandarine. In fact, we love it so much, we are thinking of telling Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 27, 2016
- Tangier to Rabat - Monday, 25 July 2016Hotel - The Villa Mandarine Rabat - Room 12
Had a good night's sleep even though we didn't get to bed until midnight. These "mediterranean" hours are killing us, especially when we have to be up early on the bus. Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 25, 2016
- Madrid to Tangier - Sunday, 24 July 2016[center][/center]
Hotel - The El Minzah Tangier - Room 120
Went down for breakfast in Madrid at 7.30 am only to discover a whole new Scenic group that we think came off the Douro Rive Posted by gaddingabout in Mesmerising Morocco | Jul 25, 2016
- Essaouira and BeyondIt was about a 4hr bus to the coastal city of Essaouira. It was sunny, peaceful and had a big beach! We quickly found that there were tons of French tourists in the area and shop keepers were much more Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 16, 2016
- Marrakech Meandering We spent the next few days exploring the city and meeting new people at our hostel.
Some of the highlights include:
The old Palace of El Badi. It is now deserted except for the storks who have made nests along Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 16, 2016
- Two more days--Essaouira and Marrakesh Posted by bwm06 in Travelling Adventures with Blair | Jul 10, 2016
- Day 3: Last day amongst the BerbersHad a nice brekky (fresh juice!) and on the road through more isolated Berber villages and Kasbahs. The most iconic town was Ait Benhaddou. It is made up of 4 kasbahs and was the main city along the caravan route Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 2: In the DesertWe were up before the brink of dawn so we could haul our bruised butts back onto the camels (despite looking cool, not so comfy, especially if your frame is exposed) and got to a new sand dune to watch Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- A Moroccan Road Trip: The Atlas MountainsTime for another roadtrip! Chelsea and Renee had arrived in Fes and we gave them 1 day to explore before we were picked up early in the morning by Jade Tours. We lucked out with a friendly, young and English Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- Day Trip: Chefchaouen One day we took a day trip to the blue city of Chefchaouen. The most popular background of the obsession of blue might be because of the religious connotation to the Jewish refugees that it represents sky and heaven; they Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- MOROCCO: A New Continent to Explore!===AFRICA! WE ARE IN AFRICAAAAA!===
We landed and passed through customs in the warm night of Fes. The small airport was quiet at midnight with only eager families and taxi drivers looking for some lost souls like us. We successfully got Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Jul 11, 2016
- South to Casablanca, a mini tourWe had not spent much time in Casablanca on previous visits so we drove down on Tuesday, overnighting at the Park Suites Hotel in the centre of the Casablanca's 'downtown'. We drove down along the coast, rather than on Posted by stavmagpie in Ramblings from Rabat | Jun 19, 2016
- A day at the beach . . . 😎 ⛵️ 🏄🏻 🏖 Remember the Primary School essay writing nightmare that was a "day at the beach?" Hard to forget for those who attended school in the 50's and 60's. A decade or so later school essay writing was camouflaged Posted by stavmagpie in Ramblings from Rabat | Jun 19, 2016
- A birthday party for someone who turned 6Our first day in Rabat was also Alicia's sixth birthday. The party was almost an all day event and the birthday cake was very popular and, as you can see, delicious!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/596764/large_203BF031C3AB49AE579D8FA15D5C5D97. Posted by stavmagpie in Ramblings from Rabat | Jun 17, 2016
- A late arrival in CasablancaOur flight from Paris to Casablanca was delayed by about 1 hour so we arrived after 9.30pm local time. We had pre-booked a rental car, a Renault Megane was indicated on the booking confirmation from Economy Car Rentals. Posted by stavmagpie in Ramblings from Rabat | Jun 16, 2016