- Marrakech WeekendAfter leaving at 12:30pm from school on Friday, Nikita, Darron, Scott, & I finally arrived in Marrakech at 10:30pm that night. We were grumpy, tired, and starving after a long train ride! When we arrived, our hostel ended up Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Feb 2, 2015
- Operation: Monkey Hunting Today I went to Azrou with Nikita, Candace, and Wendy. Our goal was to succeed at monkey hunting! When we arrived to Azrou we explored the city and gazed at the view of the town surrounded by mountains. We then Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 25, 2015
- Exploring Fes!Yesterday I went to Fes with Nadia, Najoua, Meryem, Wafae, Nikita, and Wendy. We took a grand taxi with 5 girls. Grand taxis normally take up to 6 people, two in the front seat and four in the back. So Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 25, 2015
- Who KnewSo this photo shows the view from my window on one of my first nights staying at AUI. I couldn't ask for it to be any more beautiful.
This following picture is what my view looks like now. Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 19, 2015
- Orientation and Settling InOrientation took place from Thursday to Saturday. It was definitely a rough couple of days! I did however learn a couple new things about campus, Ifrane, and Morocco.
Apparently, the grass on campus is "sacred." We are not allowed to Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 18, 2015
- My First Day In IfraneEverything seemed to be looking up! After I woke up, I decided to find other exchange students. I met up with Lauren and walked around our school's campus. It is BEAUTIFUL here! The sun was out and I fell in Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 18, 2015
- 12. OuarzazateThis morning at about 6:15 one of the staff members assigned to us, walked around the encampment making just enough noise to awaken those of us who were interested in climbing a dune to seeing the sun rise over the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 20, 2014
- 11. Midnight at the OasisToday started off with a cold shower. Our lovely riad had no hot water. So I got my hair wet and tried to clean up a bit but it was difficult because I had no washcloth. Some Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 20, 2014
- 10. ZagoraLast night we dined at a beautiful restaurant near the square where the souks are. We ate outdoors in the courtyard of an old building that looked like a scene from "Arabian Nights". The food was pre-ordered and Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 20, 2014
- 9. Gold in Them Thar HillsAs I look upon this day, there was a lot of time invested in riding up the mountain, following the Ourika River into argan and olive orchards. It was interesting riding through small villages with houses clinging to the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 14, 2014
- 8. Getting to Know MarrakechI am so tired this evening, I can't tell you where i've been. We all piled into the bus at 9:30 and took off for a tour of the city. The first stop was the home of Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 14, 2014
- 7. MarrakechIf you have not been able to find my blog about the Fez medina, you are not the only ones. I have written and published it twice and I've lost it both times. Very frustrating. But I Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 12, 2014
- 6. Medina MadnessOh, the Fez medina. I loved it. But buyer beware - the medina is like an acid trip. It is either a good trip or a bad trip depending on you. The medina is a 1200 Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 12, 2014
- 5. Meknes and VolubilisToday we did a lot of travelling. Some of the time that we're on the bus, there is a lot of chattering going on, and then Amani fills in the spaces with background information as we travel. Of Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 10, 2014
- 4. Arriving in FezI am sitting with four of my traveling buddies, outside on a big balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard of an old palace in the medina in Fez. A family palace in Morocco is called a riad (ree-ahd). This Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 9, 2014
- 3. CasablancaToday our guide (whose name is "Amaranni" but to whom some of us refer as "Armani" - not because of his clothing, but maybe because he has a certain style) took us for a tour of Casablanca, most especially the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 8, 2014
- 2. I'm finally hereThe road to Morocco was just a tiny bit less awful than I anticipated. Hanging out in airports is torture for some but for me it is an escape into anonymity and the time goes by. Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 8, 2014
- Week 11: Farewell AfricaIt has been another busy week on the road. We started on Monday by saying goodbye to the Sahara, and leaving behind another probably 50 degree day in the sand to head north towards Fes. After leaving the desert we Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 24, 2014
- Magnifique Maroc What an amazing two weeks I have had! I don't even know where to start except that Morocco exceeded by expectations by far! I decided to book the trip to Morocco last minute in an attempt to escape the cold Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jun 20, 2014
- Week 10: AfricaOn Monday morning we left our camp at the beach in Gibraltar, without seeing any monkeys on the rock (Lis in particular found this very disappointing). We had been told that the best way to get tickets to Morocco Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 17, 2014
- Summer 2014So, here we are again - what teaching is all about: the long summer holiday. Not quite true of course, but of pivotal importance!
Anyhow, it all began round about midday on Friday 6th once the school bell had tolled for Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jun 17, 2014
- Morocco - part 4===Rabat, Casablanca and Marrakech===
Day 8 of the trip saw us head to Casablanca via Rabat, the capital of and fifth largest city in Morocco. On the outskirts of Rabat, Hussain pointed out the Royal Residence in which King Mohammed Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 8, 2014
- Morocco - part 3===Fès===
Right outside the Hotel in Midelt was a fossil museum, which we stopped in to see before heading to Fès.
Gavin was particularly taken with this one.
The co Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 7, 2014
- Morocco - part 2===Tineghir and Midelt===
An exciting start to the day lay ahead of us - 1 ½ hours on a camel (dromedary to be exact) from the camp site back to Zagora.
Hussain said we could name our camels whatever we wanted. We Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 3, 2014
- Morocco - part 1===Marrakech to the Sahara===
Arriving in Marrakech, we expected to see our tour driver there waiting with a sign board with our names on it. Alas, it turned out to be a nervous 30 minute wait until he finally turned Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 3, 2014