- The last week in a nutshellSo much has happened in the last week, sorry for the being so slack, but im without laptop now and computers are usually pretty useless in these places.
Just after i last blogged we went out for dinner and drinks Posted by Shazzy Morison in Where's Shazzy? | Sep 7, 2011
- The Cheeky Seventh Continent
OK, when I say ‘cheeky’ well before I get any grief, so I tagged on this stopover to Morocco so that I could complete my missio Posted by Spinky in Wherever I May Roam | Sep 3, 2011
- Bizarre TangierI hesitate to post this picture because it does not in any way capture the crazy, crowded, odorous, strange, and foreign place we found in visiting Tangier, Morocco. We stayed at a very nice hotel and we had a very Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Aug 22, 2011
- Moroccan Finale===Sunday 14-2-65===
Early this morning we left Matmora and went down to Tlemcen with our friend Mahomet. We found few cars going towards Morocco and after getting only about half the distance by hitching we took a bus the rest of Posted by Ozac in Shoestring Road | Jul 14, 2011
We finished our 10 day tour of Morocco and came away very impressed. This was our first organized tour of the trip and we were lucky enough to have a small group of only 12 pleasant fellow travelling companions Posted by pmalcomson in Where in the World are Philip &Tatiana? | Jul 8, 2011
- 3 countries in 1 day! Sorry for the delay in blogging.
Today was one of our longest tourist days yet. From 5 am till midnight we were touring! We are staying in a small beach town in southern Spain, closest to Malaga. We drove Posted by ryanober1 in All Ober the Globe | Jul 5, 2011
- The Long Road HomeI sit among a handful of lost souls -- types from the Sahel, a couple of Russians taking the cheapest route from Moscow to New York -- waiting in the no-longer/not-yet of seemingly interminable transit -- all of us [i]al Posted by phostak in Profane to Sacred | Jun 26, 2011
- Morocco: Marrakesh: Exotic Spices, Soaps and Scrubs ===Today is our last day in Marrakesh and we are really sad about it. We walked around and tried to enjoy every last second while soaking in the culture. Marrakesh has to be the best place for exotic Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 22, 2011
- Catching UpNo, the radio silence does not mean that I fell off a cliff (although I did fall down once, about which more later) or otherwise come to harm. The pace of my activity -- and the complete absence of Posted by phostak in Profane to Sacred | Jun 7, 2011
- Morocco: Marrakesh:Ten Tagines Just to Start---FOODIE ALERT ===We started our day at 5am with some woman yelling at us in Arabic to make room for her and her baby while trying to squeeze her way into our cabin. Ruby was so out of it that she yelled Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 21, 2011
- Morocco: Tangier: Back on Africa Time! ===We got up this morning and man are we happy that we left one of our bags in Madrid! We didn’t think the hill was this steep when we walked down it the other day? Ruby stopped at Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | May 20, 2011
- Marrakech - Dar Tchaikana
Well, I made it. Spent the 26th to the 28th in Portland, made it back to DC in time for the U.S. installment of Ben and Eloise's nupti Posted by phostak in Profane to Sacred | May 30, 2011
- Morroco, North Africa!On Monday, April 18, Maya, Sarah and I woke up nice and early and head towards the Port in Algiceras to be sure to book a day-trip to Morocco. After buying our tickets we had a couple hours to kill, Posted by Terrina in European Adventures | May 20, 2011
- Somewhere Between the Sand in Morocco and the Eiffel Tower It seems that every time I get around to actually sitting down and writing my first thought is always to how fast time is going by. Since the last time I blogged or the last trip. Time is such a Posted by miraword in Mira en el mundo | May 13, 2011
- Big City LivingSo to catch up, we headed to Boumaine Dades on Saturday, which is a town in the middle of massive canyons called the gorges of Dades. I guess the comparison would be the grand canyon, only the towns are Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 10, 2011
- Rock the KasbahWell, I apologize for not writing more in the past few days but apparently the Internet connection in the Sahara desert is not ideal, although believe it or not, we got some connection on Taoufik's IPad! I've got to make Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 9, 2011
- April 26, 2011Caroline and Kamal drove us to visit the Ibn Auf school (near Ecole du Lac in Rabat) where we dropped off donations of school supplies from the kids in grades 2 and 5 in Roch Carrier School.
Kamal’s friend organized a Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- April 25, 2011Aunty Malika prepared a lovely breakfast at her Matmata garden terrace where Caroline and I sat in the sun admiring the view and breathtaking scene.
Kamal and Uncle Ibn Issa went to Taza to pick up Jonathan and the ISHEDD team Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- April 24, 2011We drove to Fes to spend the next couple days to take a walking tour led by Youssef and Kamal in the old medina, souk, and oldest functioning (10th century) tannery.
We were greeted by Aunty Malika, Mounia and Ikram who Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- April 23, 2011Alhamdolillah, Khaltee came back from the hospital today where she was for a week.
To celebrate, I made biryani and chutney for the family and visitors, and realized that perhaps I should have made more people in case the community oven Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- Expect Warm WeatherIf you ever have the chance to come to Morocco with someone from this country, DO IT!
First I will recap the last few days. We headed out on Monday to Rotterdam and The Hague - it was so cool. Rotterdam Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 4, 2011
- April 22, 2011Caroline and I went to Marjane.
Abdul Raheem and Hakeem were still at the home of Mustapha his great friend Moroccan.
The tradition in Morocco is to eat couscous after salat-al-jummah on Friday afternoon.
So, that’s what we all did – and Alhamdol Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 23, 2011
- April 21, 2011Last night, we slept overnight at Mustapha’s and his wife Maryam’s place in Souissi, Rabat. Their three kids (Fatima – 8, Zainab – 6, Maryam – 3) had woken up at 6 this morning to go to school while Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 20, 2011Our last breakfast here at the Ryad Mogadal Agdal was, as usual, amazing.
The juice and breads there were especially tantalizing.
Hakeem and I had to wait for our favourite “paratha-style” breads – and finally the waiter brought them to us.
Packe Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 19, 2011We had a fabulous breakfast again – this time on one of the outdoor patio tables overlooking the courtyard and swimming pools and ended the meal with the kids each taking a boiled egg as their own “pet”.
They went for Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011