- merzouga to ar rachidasaturday: had a great trip into the desert yesterday eve with mustapha. we lollopped off on our camels
at a slow walking pace for about an hour, headed for some largish dunes; when we were quite close
mustapha got us Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 17, 2013
- tinerhir to mergouza (for erg chebbi)friday: up early as leaving tinerhir today, and as a longish (3 hours) journey planned, don't
want to hang around! didn't see david and annie to say goodbye - but left a little note!
onto the services etc., paid up and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 15, 2013
- boumalne dades to tinerhir (for the todra gorge)wednesday: very peaceful last night and the sky was fantastic, super starry! (no light pollution up here!).
had spag. bol. for tea and watched a dvd (nice) - had been quite a long travel day!
not too cold when we woke up, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 13, 2013
- agdz to boumalne dades (via skoura)tuesday: had a nice aft. yesterday, scooted to town for supplies and then around the old village
and palmeraie. (didn't use pen and tim's bikes in the end, as they said quite dusty cycling, and we
needed shopping = scoot Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 12, 2013
- taliouine to agdz (via ouarzazate)sunday: spent a nice aft. in taliouine, checked out the maison de safran in town, its a small museum -
assorted bit and bobs, pictures, implements etc., with a history of the process of saffron growing etc.
on big displays on the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 10, 2013
- el guerdane to taliouine saturday: lovely and quiet at the campsite, only crickets chirping away last night, and this am,
shame to leave really, as its a nice place, but moving on today, to taliouine - saffron growing country.
sadly we completely missed the turn off Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 9, 2013
- tafraout to el guerdanefriday: up early today, as leaving tafraout....
packed up most things last night, after dinner, so pretty organised this am!
quick brekkie as no bread : ( (reception shop not open yet!). said goodbye to tim and pen,
but hoping to meet up Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 8, 2013
- First Foray into AfricaI recently took a girl's trip with my friend Sarah to Marrakesh, Morocco. It was a weekend of eating, walking, and shopping.
The first thing we noticed was the SUNSHINE. There hasn't been too much of that in Germany for Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Feb 5, 2013
- tiznit to tafraout (for ameln valley + ait mansour gorge)monday: checked out the internet yesterday aft. in the large wedding reception area (just like a
mosque) - this site is a sort of conference/event/wedding venue - and also relaxed by the van in
the sun. a bit later on Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 4, 2013
- mirleft to tiznitsunday: pottered around the site/van yestrday am, then after lunch scootered up to the old castle on
the hill for a really good view of mirleft and the coastline.
had a snoop around the ‘three camels’ boutique hotel, just below it, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 3, 2013
- sidi ouassay to mirleft (for sidi ifni)thursday: chilled out yesterday aft; walked to the beach bar/internet cafe to see if we could connect
there as wifi in the van was useless! but no go, then decided to try at reception, no good either, so gave
up, took comps Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 31, 2013
- aourir to sidi ouassay (via agadir)wednesday: had a pretty successful day yesterday around the site and got most things sorted.
the mat man came back so we are now the proud owners of a rather smart ‘faux’ carpet plastic mat
for outside the van, yea!
then Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 31, 2013
- imsouane to aourir (for paradise valley)sunday: up early - after peaceful night - the wind had completely dropped....
leaving today, decided to head on down the coast....but sort of regretted it as we got packed
up! this place does have a nice vibe going on....very chilled! but Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 27, 2013
- ounara to imsouanesaturday: leaving lovely ounara, reluctantly, today; so up early (alarm set) – brekkie, pack up, pay
up and off to find a shop!
no marjane’s until agadir, so our first time in a more moroccan supermarket, asawak at essaouira –
v. Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 26, 2013
- safi to ounara (for essaouira)tuesday: woke up to the dismal sound of rain on the roof! but that quickly changed to sunshine!
decided last night that we'd move on from safi today, without stopping to check out the pots (be
a bit too tempting to buy Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 22, 2013
- MarrakeshToday was a big day! Africa day! We have managed to be on 4 continents in 6 days. Up nice and early for leaving at 8.20, although we gained an hour so it wasn't too bad, I was actually up Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Jan 21, 2013
- el jadida to safimonday: woke up to a rain free day, but that quickly changed!
on our way back from the internet cafe yesterday eve. we talked to some other english motorhomers
we'd met briefly at moulay bousselham and mohammedia, who are kind of Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 21, 2013
- mohammedia to el jadidasaturday: woke up as van being buffeted sideways by very strong winds! lots of rain too....packed up
before it really got started and onto the road - moroccan time - 9.30am.
weather got worse and worse, driving conditions not great either. Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 19, 2013
- moulay bousselham to mohammedia (for casablanca)thursday: woken up by heavy rain in the night, which continued all am.
leaving moulay bousselham today - headed to rabat (for day visit), and mohammedia (campsite)
for casablanca visit tom.
had got most things organised yesterday aft., scooter on, wa Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 17, 2013
- Nederland en Morokkoi got so used to speaking French for a month, it was nice to return to a (slightly) warmer french speaking country, Morocco! I have spent the Christmas and New Years holidays with family in the Netherlands and Morocco. Morocco Posted by dutchnomad in Finding a nook at noon | Jan 17, 2013
- Overland Travel, MoroccoWhen reading online forums regarding overland travel in Morocco, it appears that most people recommend Supra Tours and CTM over any other bus company in Morocco. We both DISAGREE completely. During our two week stay in Morocco, we took two Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 15, 2013
- Casablanca, MoroccoThe big sight here is the Hassan II Grand Mosque. It is quite exquisite inside and has the highest religious minaret in the world (200m), but it blew our mind to see how much of the country’s money they Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 15, 2013
- cap spartel to moulay bousselham (via asilah)monday: up early as leaving cap spartel today. no rain in the night, and woke to a sunny day
quick brekkie and pack up, paid the man for our extra night, and onto the road by 10.30am.
headed to a town called Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 14, 2013
- Marrekech, MoroccoEvery night the street vendors set up an assortment of delicious food in the Place Jemma El Fna square. For just 25 cents, we started the night with a delicious bowl of lentil soup! We then went through sampling Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 13, 2013
- DIY Fes to Marrakesh through Erg Chebbi Desert, MoroccoMany tour operators from Fes or Marrakesh will provide you with a 3 nights, 4 days trip into the desert with a camel trek and night in a Berber tent, for a mere 350 euros per person. We did this Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 13, 2013