- Week 11: Farewell AfricaIt has been another busy week on the road. We started on Monday by saying goodbye to the Sahara, and leaving behind another probably 50 degree day in the sand to head north towards Fes. After leaving the desert we Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 24, 2014
- Magnifique Maroc What an amazing two weeks I have had! I don't even know where to start except that Morocco exceeded by expectations by far! I decided to book the trip to Morocco last minute in an attempt to escape the cold Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jun 20, 2014
- Week 10: AfricaOn Monday morning we left our camp at the beach in Gibraltar, without seeing any monkeys on the rock (Lis in particular found this very disappointing). We had been told that the best way to get tickets to Morocco Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 17, 2014
- Summer 2014So, here we are again - what teaching is all about: the long summer holiday. Not quite true of course, but of pivotal importance!
Anyhow, it all began round about midday on Friday 6th once the school bell had tolled for Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jun 17, 2014
- Morocco - part 4===Rabat, Casablanca and Marrakech===
Day 8 of the trip saw us head to Casablanca via Rabat, the capital of and fifth largest city in Morocco. On the outskirts of Rabat, Hussain pointed out the Royal Residence in which King Mohammed Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 8, 2014
- Morocco - part 3===Fès===
Right outside the Hotel in Midelt was a fossil museum, which we stopped in to see before heading to Fès.
Gavin was particularly taken with this one.
The co Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 7, 2014
- Morocco - part 2===Tineghir and Midelt===
An exciting start to the day lay ahead of us - 1 ½ hours on a camel (dromedary to be exact) from the camp site back to Zagora.
Hussain said we could name our camels whatever we wanted. We Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 3, 2014
- Morocco - part 1===Marrakech to the Sahara===
Arriving in Marrakech, we expected to see our tour driver there waiting with a sign board with our names on it. Alas, it turned out to be a nervous 30 minute wait until he finally turned Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 3, 2014
- Desert, MoroccoWe leave Fez at 9pm, on an overnight bus to the southern town of Rissani. Not the most relaxing ride as Moroccan drivers are erratic. We get in at 6am and are immediatly bombarded by locals trying to sell us Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 30, 2014
- Before You Go To Tangier
* A camera. There are lots of things to take a photo of in Tangier. A different culture, interesting old buildings, delicious food.
*Change (1 USD=8.21 Moroc Posted by elifk in Elif's Footsteps | May 25, 2014
- Fez, MoroccoWe parted ways with the quaint town of Chefchaoen and headed further south to the the city of Fez. Here it is spelled Fes but the autocorrect always changes it to Few, so I will stick to Fez. The bus Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 26, 2014
- One Day in Tangier
During my trip to Andalusia, we’ve decided to take a ferry and pass to Morocco and spend the day there, where I was gonna visit for the second time, but this time another city: Tangier. Because we didn’t have a Posted by elifk in Elif's Footsteps | Dec 31, 2013
- Chefchaoen, MoroccoIt is finally time to cross the straits of Gibraltar. We awoke early to the sound of a torrential downpour waiting til it subsided we rushed to the ferry forgetting my towel at the hostel. On the way there several Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 22, 2014
- Casablanca, our last few daysWe left the Berber Camp and headed north towards Casablanca. This would be the second last day we were to be in Morocco. There were mixed feelings as we all realized we were heading home shortly. We Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 16, 2014
- TraditionsTraditions: Old but Always Fresh
We started off to our last destination in Morocco. We were heading for the large town of Imintanoute and the village of Boulouane. The Berber Camp, where we were going to spend the night Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 16, 2014
- Marrakech ExpressMarrakech Express
We had the luxury to sleep in until 8AM again this morning and then off to The “Hollywood of Morocco”. We visited Atlas Studios. This is where many movies we have all seen have been filmed. One of Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 10, 2014
- Thoughts for the dayThoughts for the day.
We have been having Wi-Fi connection problems so please forgive the delay with the blog. It seems to come and go and it is mostly gone!!!
The group has been doing so much it just seems like Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 9, 2014
- Camels, Fossils and Roses. Oh My!!Day 4 and 5 – Camels, Fossils and Roses, Oh my!!!
After breakfast we started to head south the heart of the desert. We went through the middle Atlas Mountains to Ifrane (65KM from Fes). This town has been nicknamed Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 9, 2014
- Medina MadnessMedina Madness!!!
WOW!! What a wonderful day again. We had a chance to stay in bed until 8AM this morning and then we were off again.
Today we were off to the Fes Medina. This the Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 9, 2014
- Finally in FesFinally in Fes!!!!!
Just finished day one and I am pretty sure everyone is ready for bed. Well at least most!!! When I did the first post, I knew we were going to have Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 4, 2014
- AGADIR, MOROCCO
Agadir is our final port city on the massive African continent. We are here on Palm/Passion Sunday – with a day to see a bit of Moroc Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Apr 14, 2014
- Day Eight - Monaco and Monte CarloIn contrast to our stress-free, hop-on-the-van experience yesterday, we traveled independently today. We had a confusing time getting out of the port and locating the bus stop for our trip to Eze. As usual, while being somewhat "lost", Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 9, 2014
- MoroccoSince it's so late, here's my overview of Morocco and after the Day-by-day if you want to know !
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/661788/DSCF06 Posted by Amyexploring in 2014 | Apr 1, 2014
- The wonders of MoroccoWords cannot describe the mindspin that occurs when one minute you are in the great white silent arctic and the next you are thrown into the chaos of Marrakech. A cacophony of sounds – beeping taxis, donkeys, people and motorbikes. Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Mar 15, 2014
- Casablanca, Morocco19th February 2014
We had been to Casablanca before so decided to go on an excursion out of the city to one of the Portuguese Medinas or forts. On our way we stopped at the Hassan II Mosque which was opened Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Feb 19, 2014