- Expect Warm WeatherIf you ever have the chance to come to Morocco with someone from this country, DO IT!
First I will recap the last few days. We headed out on Monday to Rotterdam and The Hague - it was so cool. Rotterdam Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 4, 2011
- April 22, 2011Caroline and I went to Marjane.
Abdul Raheem and Hakeem were still at the home of Mustapha his great friend Moroccan.
The tradition in Morocco is to eat couscous after salat-al-jummah on Friday afternoon.
So, that’s what we all did – and Alhamdol Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 23, 2011
- April 21, 2011Last night, we slept overnight at Mustapha’s and his wife Maryam’s place in Souissi, Rabat. Their three kids (Fatima – 8, Zainab – 6, Maryam – 3) had woken up at 6 this morning to go to school while Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 20, 2011Our last breakfast here at the Ryad Mogadal Agdal was, as usual, amazing.
The juice and breads there were especially tantalizing.
Hakeem and I had to wait for our favourite “paratha-style” breads – and finally the waiter brought them to us.
Packe Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 19, 2011We had a fabulous breakfast again – this time on one of the outdoor patio tables overlooking the courtyard and swimming pools and ended the meal with the kids each taking a boiled egg as their own “pet”.
They went for Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 18, 2011With the late evening yesterday, our morning in Marrakesh today began rather late.
We had a fantastic breakfast at the hotel restaurant and ended it with a traditional Moroccan tea and it was really great.
Marrakesh was founded in 1062 by the Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- CasaWe arrived in Casablanca on the evening of the 14th (Thursday). After settling into our hotel, we went out for some tapas and sangria at La Bodega. Questionable neighborhood but pretty solid restaurant.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/367857/P10 Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 22, 2011
- Riad in MarrakechHere you have few pictures of the Riad which we spent our last night in the trip.
With this pictures you can see easily the contrast of this country.
Hope you'll enjoy it
4[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364393/1303290412988.png caption=13 Posted by bagpackTRA in Bagpack Traveller | Apr 21, 2011
- April 17, 2011We packed up from Agadir (thanks again Rachida!) to head to Marrakesh today.
We had brunch at a restaurant called “Best Food” that had the best omelettes, hamburgers and freshly squeezed OJ and then we took the highway.
We saw several goats Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 17, 2011
- April 16, 2011“Labas” - had breakfast at the hotel and then headed to the ocean beach.
The sand was amazing and we picked up seashells, saw fish blubber too, played in the sand and found all sorts of lovely rocks and luckily no Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 17, 2011
- The Madness of MarrakechThis city is wild. I've never experienced anything quite like it. It's exhausting. From the sounds of the five daily calls to prayer blasted through the city like a tornado alarm to the smell of unknown spices Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 17, 2011
- The Sahara, Supplemental (Chelsea's Pics)See the previous post for the narrative, but here are a few good shots from Chelsea's camera of The Sahara. Most of these actually include us...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/367857/IMG_8352.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/367857/th Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 17, 2011
- The SaharaOn Monday morning we began the journey from Errachidia to the dunes of Erg Chebbi near the town of Merzouga. The ride was a bit dicey. My French is terrible and our taxi driver's French was almost equally Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 15, 2011
- April 15, 2011We went for a tajine brunch at Café Oasis and also the tropical-style playground next door.
The little kitten following us seemed to also like that store.
We went to salat-al-jumu’ah at the mosque with the best recitation in Agadir.
We headed nex Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 15, 2011
- April 14, 2011We began the day with taking the kids to the garden pool.
I relaxed and read about Agadir in my DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to Morocco while sitting on the comfy poolside chair stool.
Hassan picked us up at 11 for lunch Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 15, 2011
- April 13, 2011My birthday morning started early.
As we packed up for our next trip quickly, Ayesha, Ryanne and I dressed in skirts - we looked rather girly.
At some point in the morning, one of the backyard turtles crawled into the house!
Check out Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 14, 2011
- Casablanca to ErrachidiaOur first destination in Morocco was the Sahara desert. Specifically the dunes of Erg Chebbi, which are the highest and most impressive sand dunes in all of Morocco. It's not exactly straightforward to get there, as it is Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 13, 2011
- April 12, 2011This morning I made sooji ka halva as a breakfast treat,
The family loved it as it was something made with the very popular semolina with a different twist to eat.
Abdul Raheem and Jonathan joined Caroline and Kamal by car to Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 12, 2011
- April 11, 2011Kamal’s mom (Khaltee) gave Ayesha and Ryanne lots of dua while they kept her company by her side,
She even said Ayesha was her medicine as she expressed her happiness in Arabic and was overjoyed.
Before eating lunch, Jonathan guided the 5 Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 12, 2011
- April 10, 2011Relatives had stayed at the home after the wedding so all of the kids played outside - you can check out the pics of all the racing and game fun they had together.
It was not too hot, so it was Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 12, 2011
- April 9, 2011Kamal’s Uncle - Ibn Issa’s family arrived for the reception from near and afar.
Preparations for his cousin’s wedding reception in the backyard garden were simplified as the caterers, tent company, DJ and guests arrived here in their own car.
The fo Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 10, 2011
- April 8, 2011After breakfast, Kamal dropped us off at the Rabat-Agdal Train Station to buy our tickets quickly and literally hop onto the Casablanca train,
And we planned out the day trip there and with the weather so beautiful, we could not complain.
Hasan Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 9, 2011
- 7th April 2011We had a fantastic sleep and a fantastic shower. Not often you get both of those things, let alone one. Today was all about seeing as much of Marrakesh as is possible in one day. We headed down to the Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Apr 9, 2011
- 6th April 2011We had to catch an 8am bus today from a local town, so we were told to be up around 6am to get ready in time. We got up at 6:15am to find we had no electricity, no water and Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Apr 9, 2011
- 5th April 2011Woken up by our guide at 7am with the hope of seeing a sunrise. Unfortunately it was still overcast and no sunrise in sight. We found out that several people had arrived at the camp after dark and were trying Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Apr 9, 2011