- Somewhere Between the Sand in Morocco and the Eiffel Tower It seems that every time I get around to actually sitting down and writing my first thought is always to how fast time is going by. Since the last time I blogged or the last trip. Time is such a Posted by miraword in Mira en el mundo | May 13, 2011
- Big City LivingSo to catch up, we headed to Boumaine Dades on Saturday, which is a town in the middle of massive canyons called the gorges of Dades. I guess the comparison would be the grand canyon, only the towns are Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 10, 2011
- Rock the KasbahWell, I apologize for not writing more in the past few days but apparently the Internet connection in the Sahara desert is not ideal, although believe it or not, we got some connection on Taoufik's IPad! I've got to make Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 9, 2011
- April 26, 2011Caroline and Kamal drove us to visit the Ibn Auf school (near Ecole du Lac in Rabat) where we dropped off donations of school supplies from the kids in grades 2 and 5 in Roch Carrier School.
Kamal’s friend organized a Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- April 25, 2011Aunty Malika prepared a lovely breakfast at her Matmata garden terrace where Caroline and I sat in the sun admiring the view and breathtaking scene.
Kamal and Uncle Ibn Issa went to Taza to pick up Jonathan and the ISHEDD team Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- April 24, 2011We drove to Fes to spend the next couple days to take a walking tour led by Youssef and Kamal in the old medina, souk, and oldest functioning (10th century) tannery.
We were greeted by Aunty Malika, Mounia and Ikram who Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- April 23, 2011Alhamdolillah, Khaltee came back from the hospital today where she was for a week.
To celebrate, I made biryani and chutney for the family and visitors, and realized that perhaps I should have made more people in case the community oven Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | May 4, 2011
- Expect Warm WeatherIf you ever have the chance to come to Morocco with someone from this country, DO IT!
First I will recap the last few days. We headed out on Monday to Rotterdam and The Hague - it was so cool. Rotterdam Posted by lcmichael in The Tangent Universe | May 4, 2011
- April 22, 2011Caroline and I went to Marjane.
Abdul Raheem and Hakeem were still at the home of Mustapha his great friend Moroccan.
The tradition in Morocco is to eat couscous after salat-al-jummah on Friday afternoon.
So, that’s what we all did – and Alhamdol Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 23, 2011
- April 21, 2011Last night, we slept overnight at Mustapha’s and his wife Maryam’s place in Souissi, Rabat. Their three kids (Fatima – 8, Zainab – 6, Maryam – 3) had woken up at 6 this morning to go to school while Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 20, 2011Our last breakfast here at the Ryad Mogadal Agdal was, as usual, amazing.
The juice and breads there were especially tantalizing.
Hakeem and I had to wait for our favourite “paratha-style” breads – and finally the waiter brought them to us.
Packe Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 19, 2011We had a fabulous breakfast again – this time on one of the outdoor patio tables overlooking the courtyard and swimming pools and ended the meal with the kids each taking a boiled egg as their own “pet”.
They went for Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- April 18, 2011With the late evening yesterday, our morning in Marrakesh today began rather late.
We had a fantastic breakfast at the hotel restaurant and ended it with a traditional Moroccan tea and it was really great.
Marrakesh was founded in 1062 by the Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 22, 2011
- CasaWe arrived in Casablanca on the evening of the 14th (Thursday). After settling into our hotel, we went out for some tapas and sangria at La Bodega. Questionable neighborhood but pretty solid restaurant.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/367857/P10 Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 22, 2011
- Riad in MarrakechHere you have few pictures of the Riad which we spent our last night in the trip.
With this pictures you can see easily the contrast of this country.
Hope you'll enjoy it
4[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364393/1303290412988.png caption=13 Posted by bagpackTRA in Bagpack Traveller | Apr 21, 2011
- April 17, 2011We packed up from Agadir (thanks again Rachida!) to head to Marrakesh today.
We had brunch at a restaurant called “Best Food” that had the best omelettes, hamburgers and freshly squeezed OJ and then we took the highway.
We saw several goats Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 17, 2011
- April 16, 2011“Labas” - had breakfast at the hotel and then headed to the ocean beach.
The sand was amazing and we picked up seashells, saw fish blubber too, played in the sand and found all sorts of lovely rocks and luckily no Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 17, 2011
- The Madness of MarrakechThis city is wild. I've never experienced anything quite like it. It's exhausting. From the sounds of the five daily calls to prayer blasted through the city like a tornado alarm to the smell of unknown spices Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 17, 2011
- The Sahara, Supplemental (Chelsea's Pics)See the previous post for the narrative, but here are a few good shots from Chelsea's camera of The Sahara. Most of these actually include us...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/367857/IMG_8352.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/367857/th Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 17, 2011
- The SaharaOn Monday morning we began the journey from Errachidia to the dunes of Erg Chebbi near the town of Merzouga. The ride was a bit dicey. My French is terrible and our taxi driver's French was almost equally Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 15, 2011
- April 15, 2011We went for a tajine brunch at Café Oasis and also the tropical-style playground next door.
The little kitten following us seemed to also like that store.
We went to salat-al-jumu’ah at the mosque with the best recitation in Agadir.
We headed nex Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 15, 2011
- April 14, 2011We began the day with taking the kids to the garden pool.
I relaxed and read about Agadir in my DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to Morocco while sitting on the comfy poolside chair stool.
Hassan picked us up at 11 for lunch Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 15, 2011
- April 13, 2011My birthday morning started early.
As we packed up for our next trip quickly, Ayesha, Ryanne and I dressed in skirts - we looked rather girly.
At some point in the morning, one of the backyard turtles crawled into the house!
Check out Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 14, 2011
- Casablanca to ErrachidiaOur first destination in Morocco was the Sahara desert. Specifically the dunes of Erg Chebbi, which are the highest and most impressive sand dunes in all of Morocco. It's not exactly straightforward to get there, as it is Posted by mingram in Une Biere S'il Vous Plait | Apr 13, 2011
- April 12, 2011This morning I made sooji ka halva as a breakfast treat,
The family loved it as it was something made with the very popular semolina with a different twist to eat.
Abdul Raheem and Jonathan joined Caroline and Kamal by car to Posted by OttawaHennaLady in Morocco 2011 | Apr 12, 2011