- Chefchaouen’s Got The BluesChefchaouen’s Got The Blues
Try these words to the tune of that well known Arabian number, “Moroccan baby blues.”
When your neighbour shades his doorway blue…
And the steps to the mosqu Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 6, 2013
- Tangier – The Doorway to AfricaThe days are racing away as we begin our Moroccan odyssey. We have already visited Tangier, Chefchaouen and Tetouan and have yet to relate tales of our last few days in Spain where we explored the ancient sherry cities Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 5, 2013
- How to Use a Squatty-Potty
Most Westerners have never experienced anything other than a sit down toilet with a seat (thus this warning sign posted at the airport in Singapore) Even the modern port-a-potty (sometimes call Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Oct 1, 2013
- I Lose my Tan and my Modesty in a HammamAs a cubicle slave in Seattle, I hadn't had a tan in years. Add in my age, my anti-bikini body, the family history of skin cancer, and my pale Irish skin—well, it just wasn't something that happened. Sunbathing ended sometime Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Sep 16, 2013
- Selling OJ on the Djemaa el-FnaI am staying in a small hotel just off the famous Djemaa el-Fna square in the old medina of Marrakech; the site of tooth pullers, snake charmers, henna artists, Gnawa musicians, water salesmen, cross-dressing belly dancers, and a great number Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Sep 21, 2013
- Bathing Beauties in Essaouira
Here’s a picture of the medina (old walled city) of Essaouira on the Atlantic Coast of Morocco. I am staying just one street away from the outer rampart you see on the left. Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Sep 5, 2013
- Imlil and the Atlas Mountains Imlil turned out to be a little oasis. It was perfection! Imlil is a tiny town in the Atlas mountains where there are more mules than cars, and everyone is extremely friendly! Our hostel (where we were staying for two Posted by zoefreedman in Escape from reality... | Sep 19, 2013
- Morocco Day(s) 2-4We booked the Sahara desert trip in advance. While doing research about Morocco I learned that it is common to take excursions to the Sahara desert from Marrakech! I thought it sounded amazing and Paul agreed so we booked the Posted by zoefreedman in Escape from reality... | Sep 19, 2013
- Morocco Day 1 Paul and I began our journey in Jerez de la Frontera Spain, we were headed to Marrakech! In order to get there from Spain we had to take a bus from Jerez to Tarifa (about 2 1/2 hrs) then we Posted by zoefreedman in Escape from reality... | Sep 19, 2013
][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/49 Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Aug 31, 2013
- A Farrow in FesThe piggies went on a little weekend retreat to Fes.
They had a day free because of "Ayd" (the end of Ramadan) so they left Friday morning via a private bus and arrived 5 Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Aug 24, 2013
- Marrakesh, Tangiers, Rabat, High Atlas Mountains, MoroccoOn Dec 6, 2012 at 10 am we crossed into Africa.
The fast ferry from Tarifa Spain left at 9 am. We docked in Tangiers, Morocco.
We are met by our guide, who else, Mohamed. He is wearing a jalaba, Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Aug 22, 2013
- Chefchouen: Blue, blue piggies
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/493820/DSC04884.jpg caption=DSC048 Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Aug 20, 2013
- الخنازير الثلاثة13.5 months abroad. The piggies traveled a lot last summer. They were looking forward to traveling again but thought it might be good to do some learning/preparation for their Master's degree too. So, after a few weeks of traveling they Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Aug 16, 2013
- Fez, Morocco (21st - 23rd July)Our train arrived in Fez early evening. As the sun was going down and it was only pretty hot, rather than ridiculously hot, we decided to walk to our accommodation. It took us about 40 minutes, which wasn't too bad. Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Jul 27, 2013
- Marrakech, Morocco (17th - 21st July)On Wednesday 17th July we donned our new backpacks and headed to Stansted airport. We flew by Easyjet to Marrakech. Unsurprisingly it was hot, though our 2 weeks in the UK had actually prepared us slightly, which isn't something I'd Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Jul 27, 2013
- Wander The City of Culture - Day 3 It is my last day so I get a taxi and told the driver to go to the [[http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/331|Medina]]. Founded in 1070-72 by the Almoravids, Marrakesh remained a political, economic and cultural center for a long period. It is classified Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | May 25, 2013
- Wander The City of Culture - Day 1 & 2I am now in the city of Marrakech, Morocco. It is very hot and very beautiful. I got a taxi as soon as I can so I can go to my hotel the Palais Soltan Riad & Spa. I wanted Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | May 25, 2013
- Red City
We took a low-cost airline from London Gatwick, a small London airport. Ryan-Air cost us only about 30 pound sterling to come here. If we were to fly from Mauritius directly, it would Posted by ZK_15 in My Dream Trip around the World | May 20, 2013
- Leaving Africa and heading back to SpainToday we have been on two CONTINENTS - Europe and Africa and in two COUNTRIES-Spain and Morocco and one BRITISH COLONY Gibraltar.
This morning we started off in Morocco, Africa then after a bit of a rough high speed ferry ride Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 19, 2013
- Casablanca"Kiss me. Kiss me as though it were the last time."
"There's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's."
Stopped at Rick's cafe for a quick photo stop. I was disappointed as it didn't look Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 18, 2013
- Morocco - the peopleThis lovely lady we met is 88 years old. She was married when she was 13 years old (her husband was 35) and has nine children.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/488437/Bhalil__ Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 17, 2013
- MarrakeshDriving from Fes to Marrakesh the scenery changed as we travelled through agricultural fields near Fes and then on windy, narrow, potholed roads through the Middle Atlas Mountains.
In the evening Marrakesh marketplace is a lively, energetic, crazy plac Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 15, 2013
- MoroccoAfter catching the ferry from Spain to Africa yesterday we set off on a long bus drive through rural villages & towns; a mixture of old & new on the road with cars, motorbilkes, buses and donkeys, shepherds & sheep, Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 15, 2013
- Marruecos, ÁfricaMy dad and I had a whirlwind of a Spring Break. I am so happy that he was able to come to visit me and that we could share this time together.
Our first stop was Tánger, we took the Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | Apr 9, 2013