- 9. Gold in Them Thar HillsAs I look upon this day, there was a lot of time invested in riding up the mountain, following the Ourika River into argan and olive orchards. It was interesting riding through small villages with houses clinging to the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 14, 2014
- 8. Getting to Know MarrakechI am so tired this evening, I can't tell you where i've been. We all piled into the bus at 9:30 and took off for a tour of the city. The first stop was the home of Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 14, 2014
- 7. MarrakechIf you have not been able to find my blog about the Fez medina, you are not the only ones. I have written and published it twice and I've lost it both times. Very frustrating. But I Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 12, 2014
- 6. Medina MadnessOh, the Fez medina. I loved it. But buyer beware - the medina is like an acid trip. It is either a good trip or a bad trip depending on you. The medina is a 1200 Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 12, 2014
- 5. Meknes and VolubilisToday we did a lot of travelling. Some of the time that we're on the bus, there is a lot of chattering going on, and then Amani fills in the spaces with background information as we travel. Of Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 10, 2014
- 4. Arriving in FezI am sitting with four of my traveling buddies, outside on a big balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard of an old palace in the medina in Fez. A family palace in Morocco is called a riad (ree-ahd). This Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 9, 2014
- 3. CasablancaToday our guide (whose name is "Amaranni" but to whom some of us refer as "Armani" - not because of his clothing, but maybe because he has a certain style) took us for a tour of Casablanca, most especially the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 8, 2014
- 2. I'm finally hereThe road to Morocco was just a tiny bit less awful than I anticipated. Hanging out in airports is torture for some but for me it is an escape into anonymity and the time goes by. Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 8, 2014
- Week 11: Farewell AfricaIt has been another busy week on the road. We started on Monday by saying goodbye to the Sahara, and leaving behind another probably 50 degree day in the sand to head north towards Fes. After leaving the desert we Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 24, 2014
- Magnifique Maroc What an amazing two weeks I have had! I don't even know where to start except that Morocco exceeded by expectations by far! I decided to book the trip to Morocco last minute in an attempt to escape the cold Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jun 20, 2014
- Week 10: AfricaOn Monday morning we left our camp at the beach in Gibraltar, without seeing any monkeys on the rock (Lis in particular found this very disappointing). We had been told that the best way to get tickets to Morocco Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 17, 2014
- Summer 2014So, here we are again - what teaching is all about: the long summer holiday. Not quite true of course, but of pivotal importance!
Anyhow, it all began round about midday on Friday 6th once the school bell had tolled for Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jun 17, 2014
- Morocco - part 4===Rabat, Casablanca and Marrakech===
Day 8 of the trip saw us head to Casablanca via Rabat, the capital of and fifth largest city in Morocco. On the outskirts of Rabat, Hussain pointed out the Royal Residence in which King Mohammed Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 8, 2014
- Morocco - part 3===Fès===
Right outside the Hotel in Midelt was a fossil museum, which we stopped in to see before heading to Fès.
Gavin was particularly taken with this one.
The co Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 7, 2014
- Morocco - part 2===Tineghir and Midelt===
An exciting start to the day lay ahead of us - 1 ½ hours on a camel (dromedary to be exact) from the camp site back to Zagora.
Hussain said we could name our camels whatever we wanted. We Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 3, 2014
- Morocco - part 1===Marrakech to the Sahara===
Arriving in Marrakech, we expected to see our tour driver there waiting with a sign board with our names on it. Alas, it turned out to be a nervous 30 minute wait until he finally turned Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jun 3, 2014
- Desert, MoroccoWe leave Fez at 9pm, on an overnight bus to the southern town of Rissani. Not the most relaxing ride as Moroccan drivers are erratic. We get in at 6am and are immediatly bombarded by locals trying to sell us Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 30, 2014
- Before You Go To Tangier
* A camera. There are lots of things to take a photo of in Tangier. A different culture, interesting old buildings, delicious food.
*Change (1 USD=8.21 Moroc Posted by elifk in Elif's Footsteps | May 25, 2014
- Fez, MoroccoWe parted ways with the quaint town of Chefchaoen and headed further south to the the city of Fez. Here it is spelled Fes but the autocorrect always changes it to Few, so I will stick to Fez. The bus Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 26, 2014
- One Day in Tangier
During my trip to Andalusia, we’ve decided to take a ferry and pass to Morocco and spend the day there, where I was gonna visit for the second time, but this time another city: Tangier. Because we didn’t have a Posted by elifk in Elif's Footsteps | Dec 31, 2013
- Chefchaoen, MoroccoIt is finally time to cross the straits of Gibraltar. We awoke early to the sound of a torrential downpour waiting til it subsided we rushed to the ferry forgetting my towel at the hostel. On the way there several Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 22, 2014
- Casablanca, our last few daysWe left the Berber Camp and headed north towards Casablanca. This would be the second last day we were to be in Morocco. There were mixed feelings as we all realized we were heading home shortly. We Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 16, 2014
- TraditionsTraditions: Old but Always Fresh
We started off to our last destination in Morocco. We were heading for the large town of Imintanoute and the village of Boulouane. The Berber Camp, where we were going to spend the night Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 16, 2014
- Marrakech ExpressMarrakech Express
We had the luxury to sleep in until 8AM again this morning and then off to The “Hollywood of Morocco”. We visited Atlas Studios. This is where many movies we have all seen have been filmed. One of Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 10, 2014
- Thoughts for the dayThoughts for the day.
We have been having Wi-Fi connection problems so please forgive the delay with the blog. It seems to come and go and it is mostly gone!!!
The group has been doing so much it just seems like Posted by Scrossman in Morocco Here We Come!! | May 9, 2014