- Camels, camping & drivingIn case someone doesn’t ever tell you this about snake charmers, I have some good advise for you. Don’t take any pictures of them or in their general direction because their posse of three or four guys will find Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Mar 18, 2013
- MoroccoOther than Turkey, this is our first trip outside of Europe. Mom and Dad met us in Freiburg a couple of days ago and after spending a little time there, we all took off together for Marrakech. It turned out Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Mar 13, 2013
- A day in the lifeDo camels smell?
Are we going to ride boy or girl camels?
What do you think their names are?
What kind of horses are used for racing?
Are male horses faster than females? You would think so?
Taste this......it's disgusting.
Where are we going?
Wha Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 12, 2013
- MarrakeshWell we have been in Marrakesh for a few days. Marrakesh is kind of like a calm version of India, with Muslims instead of Hindus. It is more 'accessible' as you can actually walk the streets and stop Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Mar 12, 2013
- In Morocco!We left this morning form Seville, and made our way to the airport to catch our flight into Marrakech Morocco. Michael found a great deal for only 30 Euros per person on RyanAir so he booked it, paying an Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Mar 10, 2013
- The travels continue........So I guess it's a good day when you wake up in Sevilla have breakfast and cappuccino in a great little cafe, and end your day by wandering lost in the Medina of Marrakech trying to find your Riyadh with Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 9, 2013
- Marrakech, MorroccoI've been dying to go to Morrocco ever since living in Sevilla. Morrocco is one of the northern most countries in Africa (and therefore close to southern Spain). It's an Islamic nation with many, many things to do. Posted by meghann922 in Deutschland y Mas | Feb 24, 2013
- morocco[b]what we have loved:
the weather, well mostly!
the madness of the souks, roads, towns, shops etc.
the friendliness of virtually everyone, esp. all the smiling and waving children
the colours, everyone is brightly dressed, the food and spices are glo Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 22, 2013
- ouezzane to chefchaouenfriday: nice and quiet at the aire, pretty surprising as near to a main road. p sorted the clothes
cupboard, quite a job - had to go in from underneath! we had lateish tea, then watched a dvd and
went to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 22, 2013
- fes to ouezzanethursday: never managed to get a half day tour of fes, got quoted the full day price, even though
we couldn't set off 'til 2pm, so said no : (
fiddled about in the aft., p did some work, c internetted and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 21, 2013
- moulay idriss to feswednesday: was a v. wet day yesterday! tim and pen left in the am, so said last goodbye to them;
they are now travelling along the coast so we probably won't cross paths on this trip again....
decided (wisely) to go to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 20, 2013
- azrou to moulay idriss (for volubilis, meknes)monday: woke up early as lots of barking dogs around the place! probably all those ones we’d seen
by the side of the road yesterday!! ha ha.
very cold too, so had the trusty heater on for a bit, to warm Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 19, 2013
- ar rachida to azrousunday: had a lovely walk through the lush palmeraie yesterday aft. chatted to some locals, planting
crops for the animals to eat, and then ambled back to the site to hang up the washing in the sunshine.
cooked our tea outside, but Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 17, 2013
- merzouga to ar rachidasaturday: had a great trip into the desert yesterday eve with mustapha. we lollopped off on our camels
at a slow walking pace for about an hour, headed for some largish dunes; when we were quite close
mustapha got us Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 17, 2013
- tinerhir to mergouza (for erg chebbi)friday: up early as leaving tinerhir today, and as a longish (3 hours) journey planned, don't
want to hang around! didn't see david and annie to say goodbye - but left a little note!
onto the services etc., paid up and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 15, 2013
- boumalne dades to tinerhir (for the todra gorge)wednesday: very peaceful last night and the sky was fantastic, super starry! (no light pollution up here!).
had spag. bol. for tea and watched a dvd (nice) - had been quite a long travel day!
not too cold when we woke up, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 13, 2013
- agdz to boumalne dades (via skoura)tuesday: had a nice aft. yesterday, scooted to town for supplies and then around the old village
and palmeraie. (didn't use pen and tim's bikes in the end, as they said quite dusty cycling, and we
needed shopping = scoot Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 12, 2013
- taliouine to agdz (via ouarzazate)sunday: spent a nice aft. in taliouine, checked out the maison de safran in town, its a small museum -
assorted bit and bobs, pictures, implements etc., with a history of the process of saffron growing etc.
on big displays on the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 10, 2013
- el guerdane to taliouine saturday: lovely and quiet at the campsite, only crickets chirping away last night, and this am,
shame to leave really, as its a nice place, but moving on today, to taliouine - saffron growing country.
sadly we completely missed the turn off Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 9, 2013
- tafraout to el guerdanefriday: up early today, as leaving tafraout....
packed up most things last night, after dinner, so pretty organised this am!
quick brekkie as no bread : ( (reception shop not open yet!). said goodbye to tim and pen,
but hoping to meet up Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 8, 2013
- First Foray into AfricaI recently took a girl's trip with my friend Sarah to Marrakesh, Morocco. It was a weekend of eating, walking, and shopping.
The first thing we noticed was the SUNSHINE. There hasn't been too much of that in Germany for Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Feb 5, 2013
- tiznit to tafraout (for ameln valley + ait mansour gorge)monday: checked out the internet yesterday aft. in the large wedding reception area (just like a
mosque) - this site is a sort of conference/event/wedding venue - and also relaxed by the van in
the sun. a bit later on Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 4, 2013
- mirleft to tiznitsunday: pottered around the site/van yestrday am, then after lunch scootered up to the old castle on
the hill for a really good view of mirleft and the coastline.
had a snoop around the ‘three camels’ boutique hotel, just below it, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Feb 3, 2013
- sidi ouassay to mirleft (for sidi ifni)thursday: chilled out yesterday aft; walked to the beach bar/internet cafe to see if we could connect
there as wifi in the van was useless! but no go, then decided to try at reception, no good either, so gave
up, took comps Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 31, 2013
- aourir to sidi ouassay (via agadir)wednesday: had a pretty successful day yesterday around the site and got most things sorted.
the mat man came back so we are now the proud owners of a rather smart ‘faux’ carpet plastic mat
for outside the van, yea!
then Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 31, 2013