- safi to ounara (for essaouira)tuesday: woke up to the dismal sound of rain on the roof! but that quickly changed to sunshine!
decided last night that we'd move on from safi today, without stopping to check out the pots (be
a bit too tempting to buy Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 22, 2013
- MarrakeshToday was a big day! Africa day! We have managed to be on 4 continents in 6 days. Up nice and early for leaving at 8.20, although we gained an hour so it wasn't too bad, I was actually up Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Jan 21, 2013
- el jadida to safimonday: woke up to a rain free day, but that quickly changed!
on our way back from the internet cafe yesterday eve. we talked to some other english motorhomers
we'd met briefly at moulay bousselham and mohammedia, who are kind of Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 21, 2013
- mohammedia to el jadidasaturday: woke up as van being buffeted sideways by very strong winds! lots of rain too....packed up
before it really got started and onto the road - moroccan time - 9.30am.
weather got worse and worse, driving conditions not great either. Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 19, 2013
- moulay bousselham to mohammedia (for casablanca)thursday: woken up by heavy rain in the night, which continued all am.
leaving moulay bousselham today - headed to rabat (for day visit), and mohammedia (campsite)
for casablanca visit tom.
had got most things organised yesterday aft., scooter on, wa Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 17, 2013
- Nederland en Morokkoi got so used to speaking French for a month, it was nice to return to a (slightly) warmer french speaking country, Morocco! I have spent the Christmas and New Years holidays with family in the Netherlands and Morocco. Morocco Posted by dutchnomad in Finding a nook at noon | Jan 17, 2013
- Overland Travel, MoroccoWhen reading online forums regarding overland travel in Morocco, it appears that most people recommend Supra Tours and CTM over any other bus company in Morocco. We both DISAGREE completely. During our two week stay in Morocco, we took two Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 15, 2013
- Casablanca, MoroccoThe big sight here is the Hassan II Grand Mosque. It is quite exquisite inside and has the highest religious minaret in the world (200m), but it blew our mind to see how much of the country’s money they Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 15, 2013
- cap spartel to moulay bousselham (via asilah)monday: up early as leaving cap spartel today. no rain in the night, and woke to a sunny day
quick brekkie and pack up, paid the man for our extra night, and onto the road by 10.30am.
headed to a town called Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 14, 2013
- Marrekech, MoroccoEvery night the street vendors set up an assortment of delicious food in the Place Jemma El Fna square. For just 25 cents, we started the night with a delicious bowl of lentil soup! We then went through sampling Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 13, 2013
- DIY Fes to Marrakesh through Erg Chebbi Desert, MoroccoMany tour operators from Fes or Marrakesh will provide you with a 3 nights, 4 days trip into the desert with a camel trek and night in a Berber tent, for a mere 350 euros per person. We did this Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 13, 2013
- Sahara Desert, MoroccoWe only road out into the desert for about an hour and a half which turns out to be plenty enough time for several reasons: 1. Once you are in the desert, every direction looks the same, no matter how Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 13, 2013
- Fes, MoroccoFes really made us cherish our stay in Chefchaouen. While Fes was an amazing place to visit, it was more than taxing on our patience. As we walked through the 6 foot wide streets of the medina we were Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 13, 2013
- algeciras to cap spartel (via tanger med/for tanger)friday: had decided yesterday aft. that probably best to get the early ferry (8am), which meant a
truly horrible 5.00am wake up call! : (
both didn’t sleep well, noisy on the road, and also worried about not hearing the alarm! Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jan 12, 2013
- Chefchaouen, MoroccoAfter 5 months of traveling in Europe we were used to the plush comforts of Europe where we blend in with the crowds and everything goes as expected. We were excited to leave that comfort zone and get on Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 9, 2013
- Marhaba men Mozarabia!I know it's a bit late-- but I have a couple more entries to finally finish my blog.. a year since I first began my travels! Here are some photos from our last trip we took in May to Posted by SierraRose in living, loving life in españa | Jan 3, 2013
- Morocco Day 2 (Part 2)[float=left][/float]During the church service, it was interesting to be in the minority. Aside from us, there were a handful of British people, Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 19, 2012
- Morocco Day 2 (Part 1)[float=left][/float]On our leaving day from Morocco we woke at 8, or at least I did. My mom and dad were complaining about Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 19, 2012
- Morocco Day 1 (Part 2)[float=left][/float]Why do you visit Tangier? To shop in the market of course! This means haggling; a practice as old as commerce itself but it seems to have Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 19, 2012
- Morocco Day 1 (Part 1)[float=left][/float]We woke up much earlier than we would have liked today, about six in the morning. We were told this was necessary in Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 19, 2012
- TafarouteIt was a beautiful drive through the mountains to get here, over high passes and then down to the Ameln Valley, surrounded by sculptural rocks with high crags behind, including Jebel Kest (2359M, roughly 7800 feet).
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 26, 2012
- Add a little bit of Moroccan spice to your day.Morocco is an amazing place. It is rich with colours, smells, noises beyond your wildest imagination. Its like every one of your senses is blasted within an inch of itself in the medina before being pulled back to a serene Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Nov 16, 2012
- Sidi IfniWith Abdel's help, we rented a car for a reasonable 250Dh a day and headed off to to Sidi Ifni, an atmospheric town on the Atlantic that belonged to Spain until 1969. The first night we spent at Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 12, 2012
- In Abdel's HouseAbdel's house was quite charming. Though obviously still a work in progress, it has an inner courtyard, colorful furniture, and original sculpture and pictures by, you guessed it, our fearless leader. It has been in the family for many Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 21, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012