- Tangier, Morocco -- Day 16arrived in port at 8am..walked into town ..well almost .. turned around.. a sewer of a place.. still don't like it here.. always looking over your shoulder..not friendly people.. they can have it
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/515916/large_20 Posted by Stakeout in Living Easy Traveling Places Having Fun | Nov 15, 2014
- MoroccoToday we finally had some time to visit Marrakech. We started off and drove by the largest Mosque in the city and then had a wonderful lunch at a restaurant that was in a old residence in the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Feb 28, 2015
- Place from a different time
From Marrakech we made our way over the Atlas mountains to Ouarzazate to organise a trip into the Sahara. Unfortunately it was bit more expensive than last time around and we probably wo Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- Rocking the Kasbah in Morocco
We flew into Marrakech and it was just as I remembered. After a few wrong turns we even found the Hotel des Amis where I stayed on my last trip to Morocco with Rina, Gretel, ABC and Tony. Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- MoroccoI had nothing scheduled for most of the day, which allowed some time for time zone correction.
I had a wonderful lunch along side the adult pool at the resort
Last night we Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Feb 27, 2015
- MoroccoThis adventure is to Morocco, for the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) International Destination Expo in Marrakesh. I flew to JFK where I boarded a brand new 787 Dreamliner for the non-stop to Casablanca, Air Maroc's hub. Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Feb 27, 2015
- Fifty Shades of FesOn Saturday afternoon, I escaped the snow of Ifrane and ended up at a rainy day in Fes. Although it rained, the day ended up being great! Nadia, Najoua, Nikita, Wendy & I shopped the mall of Fes and then Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Feb 22, 2015
- Weekend in Rabat & KenitraWow, what a weekend.
On Friday, Nikita & I started off the weekend with a delicious lunch in the marché. At night, we brought a cake with us to La Paix and celebrated Najoua's birthday. It was a fun night with Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Feb 16, 2015
- Trip to the Roman Ruins of Volubilis This past week of school went by quickly! Of course, we were hit with a bunch of snow again, but it looks like this coming week is about to warm up to the mid-50's! On Thursday night this week, we Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Feb 8, 2015
- Marrakech WeekendAfter leaving at 12:30pm from school on Friday, Nikita, Darron, Scott, & I finally arrived in Marrakech at 10:30pm that night. We were grumpy, tired, and starving after a long train ride! When we arrived, our hostel ended up Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Feb 2, 2015
- Operation: Monkey Hunting Today I went to Azrou with Nikita, Candace, and Wendy. Our goal was to succeed at monkey hunting! When we arrived to Azrou we explored the city and gazed at the view of the town surrounded by mountains. We then Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 25, 2015
- Exploring Fes!Yesterday I went to Fes with Nadia, Najoua, Meryem, Wafae, Nikita, and Wendy. We took a grand taxi with 5 girls. Grand taxis normally take up to 6 people, two in the front seat and four in the back. So Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 25, 2015
- Who KnewSo this photo shows the view from my window on one of my first nights staying at AUI. I couldn't ask for it to be any more beautiful.
This following picture is what my view looks like now. Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 19, 2015
- Orientation and Settling InOrientation took place from Thursday to Saturday. It was definitely a rough couple of days! I did however learn a couple new things about campus, Ifrane, and Morocco.
Apparently, the grass on campus is "sacred." We are not allowed to Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 18, 2015
- My First Day In IfraneEverything seemed to be looking up! After I woke up, I decided to find other exchange students. I met up with Lauren and walked around our school's campus. It is BEAUTIFUL here! The sun was out and I fell in Posted by htoberman in Taking On Morocco! | Jan 18, 2015
- 12. OuarzazateThis morning at about 6:15 one of the staff members assigned to us, walked around the encampment making just enough noise to awaken those of us who were interested in climbing a dune to seeing the sun rise over the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 20, 2014
- 11. Midnight at the OasisToday started off with a cold shower. Our lovely riad had no hot water. So I got my hair wet and tried to clean up a bit but it was difficult because I had no washcloth. Some Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 20, 2014
- 10. ZagoraLast night we dined at a beautiful restaurant near the square where the souks are. We ate outdoors in the courtyard of an old building that looked like a scene from "Arabian Nights". The food was pre-ordered and Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 20, 2014
- 9. Gold in Them Thar HillsAs I look upon this day, there was a lot of time invested in riding up the mountain, following the Ourika River into argan and olive orchards. It was interesting riding through small villages with houses clinging to the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 14, 2014
- 8. Getting to Know MarrakechI am so tired this evening, I can't tell you where i've been. We all piled into the bus at 9:30 and took off for a tour of the city. The first stop was the home of Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 14, 2014
- 7. MarrakechIf you have not been able to find my blog about the Fez medina, you are not the only ones. I have written and published it twice and I've lost it both times. Very frustrating. But I Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 12, 2014
- 6. Medina MadnessOh, the Fez medina. I loved it. But buyer beware - the medina is like an acid trip. It is either a good trip or a bad trip depending on you. The medina is a 1200 Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 12, 2014
- 5. Meknes and VolubilisToday we did a lot of travelling. Some of the time that we're on the bus, there is a lot of chattering going on, and then Amani fills in the spaces with background information as we travel. Of Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 10, 2014
- 4. Arriving in FezI am sitting with four of my traveling buddies, outside on a big balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard of an old palace in the medina in Fez. A family palace in Morocco is called a riad (ree-ahd). This Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 9, 2014
- 3. CasablancaToday our guide (whose name is "Amaranni" but to whom some of us refer as "Armani" - not because of his clothing, but maybe because he has a certain style) took us for a tour of Casablanca, most especially the Posted by Follow Carol in Morocco | Oct 8, 2014