Blog Entries tagged 'Munich'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Munich'
- MunichApart from the hour it took to check our baggage and the hour it took to go through security the journey was good and we arrived safely in Munich.
We took the S Bahn to downtown passing scenery which could Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 16, 2014
- Munich Day 3We woke up to rain, but finished our walking tour of Munich through the Hofgarten, the court garden, and up Brienner Strasse, where there is a black obelisk commemorating the 30,000 Bavarians who marched with Napoleon to Moscow and never Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 3, 2014
- Munich Day 2On our second day in Munich we took the S-Bahn and a local bus to Dachau Concentration Camp. This was the first Nazi concentration camp in 1933.
The entrance to the main compound of Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 3, 2014
- Munich, GermanyMunich is a seemingly much larger city then the previous I have been to. It may just have been the ability to move around so easily but there was a lot to explore. I spent my first day there trying Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Oct 3, 2014
- Munich Day 1After landing at the Munich Airport, we took the train and the U-Bahn to our B&B. Once settled in we walked to Marienplatz in the old town center. The New Town Hall (Nues Rathaus) dominates Marienplatz with its Neo-Gothic Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Sep 30, 2014
- Arriving in Munich, GermanyI arrived in Munich via the central train station at around 5pm. Getting off the train was a sight to remember. I realized things would be crazy in Munich around Octoberfest but I guess the concept of 10 million people Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- Neuschwanstein and the English Gardens - Munich
So we are on our way to Berlin, leaving Oktoberfest behind us (we figure maybe next year from the UK). Munich has been chaotic for th Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 21, 2014
- To the Fatherland
Switzerland (or at least Interlaken) was a great place to visit, especially after the excessive heat and crowds of Italy. The first things one notices while on the train are the huge mountains and the intensely blue lake. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- Searching for the elusive St. Charles' ChurchWhen you book hostels, most dorms are “mixed” meaning for guys and girls. But many hostels have female-only dorms as well (of course for extra money), so the mixed dorms usually end up being all guys. My roommates Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 23 - MunichIn the last few days, I have spent some quality time with some relatives. Now, its time for the European leg of my Journey.
Yesterday, I drove to Heathrow and took a flight to Munich, Germany.
The hotel is across the Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 28, 2014
- First 20 hours in MunichThe Sunday that I arrived in Munich turned out to be a fortuitous string of great luck and happenstance that seems to only truly happen while you are traveling. Days like this make me marvel at how small the world Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 19, 2014
- Achieve thisAchieve this in five years
I have decided to start writing goals and things I want to achieve because miraculously enough everything I dreamed of having over a year ago has come true. I worked hard for it but only now Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Jan 10, 2014
- You can't ignore the drawThe moment the plane touched down in London I felt as though I hit a wall, I couldn't remember the last time I got excited to be back here and that's not going to change anytime soon. It isn't the Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Nov 26, 2013
- This Is The Rhythm Of The Night=="Rhythm is a dancer, it's the souls companion"==
Sometimes, all you need is a breath of fresh air to re-ignite that passion, motivate your actions and clear your mind, and what better way to escape than jet setting across Europe to Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Nov 24, 2013
- Ein Prosit Zum (A Toast To) Oktoberfest!
'The traditional drinking song of Oktoberfest which is played every 20 minutes all day, every day:
"Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
OANS ZWOA DREI! G'SUFFA!"'
[quote] Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 21, 2013
- Munchin' in München (Munich)=="Of one thing there is no doubt: if Paris makes demands of the heart, then Munich makes demands of the stomach" - Rachael Johnson==
===At our walking t Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 19, 2013
- OktoberfestHaving two cousins living in Munich gave me a completely different experience of Oktoberfest than what other tourists usually experience.
It was so much fun. So many people dressed up in Bavarian clothing, drinking very good beer, singing Bavarian bee Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 16, 2013
- Munich to Fussen
This is my third trip to Europe, Unfortunately lost all my notes which I have saved on my iphone notes app, so here is the summary of my trip to the magnificent castle which inspired the Posted by jokermiss in A Beacon Somewhere Around The World | Sep 27, 2013
- Munich!Timing of my visit to Bondorf worked out perfectly as my cousin and his fiancé, who live in Munich, were home for a holiday. I traveled back with them and stayed for 5 days.
Munich is a fun city, especially Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 3, 2013
- Marvelous MunichI think Casey and I are in love with Munich. It was so very hard to leave. It was our favorite city this far.
Our first night we want to the beer garden for a late Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | Jun 12, 2013
- Europe 2011[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/564012/IMG00070-20110627-1737.jpg thumb=http://photos.traveller Posted by Branny2468 in Travel Fondness | Feb 16, 2013
- MunichOur second last stop and the last city in mainland Europe we visited this Christmas break was Munich. I’ve really been wanting to see it, being so close in Freiburg, and this was perfect chance since it’s about half way Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Jan 6, 2013
- OktoberfestAlors que je me prépare à partir de chez moi afin de rejoindre Martin, mon compatriote expatrié, pour notre départ vers Munich, Bruxelles s'éveille...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/399619/072 Posted by Travelling_rox in Les voyages de Rox | Sep 30, 2012