Blog Entries tagged 'Munich'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Munich'
- Enjoying the last couple of days before our departureHaving left our place, we realized how much stress was suddenly falling off. And seven hours later we reached Kirchanschöring. Max sleep deeply by the time we arrived, but my parents and aunt were still up, such that we could Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 30, 2016
- 4 Months Later, I Saw My CountryIt has been far too long since I have written a post. I’ve done a lot since my last one, yet haven’t had the time to sit down and think and write. You’d imagine that while on a study abroad Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Apr 20, 2016
- Plane Spotting & SurfingOur day starting with a spot of plane spotting at the Munich Airport only a couple of kilometres walk from Birtes house.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/A2 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Oct 2, 2015
- Oktoberfest 2015Guess what I finally saw ....
Yup the palm tree at Dubai. Flights were a little bumpy but since I seem to becoming a pro at flying it didn't seem to worry me this ti Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Sep 30, 2015
- 16 July 2015On my last day in Munich, Mark and I trekked out to Nymphemburg, the Bavarian royal family’s summer palace. After a long walk down a wrong turn, we posed for an "Oops!" photo before backtracking to the palace--which you can Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- 15 July 2015The day started off with a beautifully laid-out breakfast with Mark and Laura.
A wonderful Bavarian breakfast: coffee and beer, weisswurst with sweet mustard (yum!), pickles, and a pretzel!
[img=https://farm1.staticflickr.com/426/19270438194_e1 Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- Slovenia, Munich and Heading HomeSorry this is loooong overdue. This has been an incredible experience, and the last 7 weeks have been busy. This entry is long, but it is the last one. Please bear with us for our last two stops in Europe Posted by colin.cushman in Madi and Colin's Post-Grad Adventure | Aug 9, 2015
- 13 July 2015Arrived in Munich on time. I had no problems retrieving my luggage or finding the train station. Not too much trouble with the ticket machine (hey, the first one was broken, and I don't read the language!) and then got Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 9, 2015
- Tyrol and BavariaWe finally moved out of Venice and took the train north through the Brenner Pass to Austria. The train was quite effortless and it would have been quite easy to catch up on some sleep apart from the views! There Posted by TandTtravel in Europe 2015 | Jun 12, 2015
- "Is My Schnitzel Bigger?" - State FairEasy Breezy 9th of May,
A slight overcast "free day" to explore more of this bipolar Munchen city and soak in all of the beauty. Starting the day at the bright and early hour of...let's just say brunchtime. We decided Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 11, 2015
- The land of my "peeps"!After my first post, I felt all energized to get my hands on our pictures of our recent Europe trip and organize them into some blog entries that we could enjoy later. But let me tell you - after Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Dec 18, 2014
- MunichApart from the hour it took to check our baggage and the hour it took to go through security the journey was good and we arrived safely in Munich.
We took the S Bahn to downtown passing scenery which could Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 16, 2014
- Munich Day 3We woke up to rain, but finished our walking tour of Munich through the Hofgarten, the court garden, and up Brienner Strasse, where there is a black obelisk commemorating the 30,000 Bavarians who marched with Napoleon to Moscow and never Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 3, 2014
- Munich Day 2On our second day in Munich we took the S-Bahn and a local bus to Dachau Concentration Camp. This was the first Nazi concentration camp in 1933.
The entrance to the main compound of Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Oct 3, 2014
- Munich, GermanyMunich is a seemingly much larger city then the previous I have been to. It may just have been the ability to move around so easily but there was a lot to explore. I spent my first day there trying Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Oct 3, 2014
- Munich Day 1After landing at the Munich Airport, we took the train and the U-Bahn to our B&B. Once settled in we walked to Marienplatz in the old town center. The New Town Hall (Nues Rathaus) dominates Marienplatz with its Neo-Gothic Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Sep 30, 2014
- Arriving in Munich, GermanyI arrived in Munich via the central train station at around 5pm. Getting off the train was a sight to remember. I realized things would be crazy in Munich around Octoberfest but I guess the concept of 10 million people Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- Neuschwanstein and the English Gardens - Munich
So we are on our way to Berlin, leaving Oktoberfest behind us (we figure maybe next year from the UK). Munich has been chaotic for th Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 21, 2014
- To the Fatherland
Switzerland (or at least Interlaken) was a great place to visit, especially after the excessive heat and crowds of Italy. The first things one notices while on the train are the huge mountains and the intensely blue lake. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- Searching for the elusive St. Charles' ChurchWhen you book hostels, most dorms are “mixed” meaning for guys and girls. But many hostels have female-only dorms as well (of course for extra money), so the mixed dorms usually end up being all guys. My roommates Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 23 - MunichIn the last few days, I have spent some quality time with some relatives. Now, its time for the European leg of my Journey.
Yesterday, I drove to Heathrow and took a flight to Munich, Germany.
The hotel is across the Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 28, 2014
- First 20 hours in MunichThe Sunday that I arrived in Munich turned out to be a fortuitous string of great luck and happenstance that seems to only truly happen while you are traveling. Days like this make me marvel at how small the world Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 19, 2014
- Achieve thisAchieve this in five years
I have decided to start writing goals and things I want to achieve because miraculously enough everything I dreamed of having over a year ago has come true. I worked hard for it but only now Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Jan 10, 2014