- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 7, A day on a golf course===WE ARE OFF TO VISIT THE VERY FAMOUS THAYET GOLF COURSE.===
Getting up the river bank .... no problem ... a couple of the crew can give a lift up.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jun 2, 2015
- Mandalay, Pyin U Lwin and Hsipaw"On the road to Mandalay,
Where the flyin' fishes play,
And the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the bay."
The road that Kipling took may well have been filled with romance but sadly there is little left in Mandalay Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | May 31, 2015
- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 6, Prome
===EARLY MORNING WORK - OUT ..===
These men pulling a boat stuck on a sand bar.
another work - out ...
Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 30, 2015
- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 5, A Weaving village===WE ARE OFF TO SEE A VILLAGE WHERE THE MAIN OCCUPATION IS WEAVING===
You may surmised by now that villages specialise in some occupation. Pottery, weaving etc. You would not be wrong to surmise that.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6456 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 30, 2015
- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 4, Buddha at AKuak Taung===LOOKS LIKE A NICE DAY FOR A SAIL ALONG THE AYERWADDY ...===
[img= Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 29, 2015
- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 3. Village of Pegu===MOVING ON TO THE DELIGHTFUL LITTLE VILLAGE OF PEGU===
FIRST LOOK OUT OF THE CABIN BEFORE BREAKFAST - SOMEWHAT FOGGY ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1270623. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 28, 2015
- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 2, The town of Danyubu===MOVING ON NORTHWARD, I THINK WE ARE NOW ON THE AYERWADDY RIVER or IRAWADDY AS IT WAS KNOWN PREVIOUSLY.===
Here' Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 27, 2015
- 2015 - PANDAW MYANMAR CRUISE day 1, The Town of TwantyBreakfast at the Chatrium, overlooking the pool, then a fast taxi ride to the pier to board the Pandaw River boat
This Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 26, 2015
- 2015 - THE CIRCULAR RAILWAY OF YANGONTHIS ENTRY IS JUMPING AHEAD IN THE STORY OF MY TRIP. I WILL START FROM THE BEGINNING LATER.
FIRST I WANT TO SHOW YOU WHAT I SAW OF MYANMAR & INTRODUCE YOU TO SOMEONE I MET WHO MIGHT BE OF HELP Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 24, 2015
- Yangon, Pyay and Bagan They say that India is an assault on the senses and I'm glad to say that from this traveller's point of view Burma (or Myanmar), while not having the craziness of India, is not too far behind. I'm not entirely Posted by MalcolmB in Mal's Asia Trip 2015 | May 14, 2015
- Our Trip To Bagan in Burma/MyanmarIt is Sunday, 04 January 2015, in the Burmese months of Pyatho. Pyatho is the months in which we have the best weather of the year. It is dry, sunny and not too warm. Most everyone will confirm that this Posted by burmabyburman in This Is The Real Burma | May 14, 2015
- I want to be a Burmese monk...Why you may ask? Well these guys have got it all....smart phones, motorbikes, free train tickets and a free breakfast every morning courtesy of the locals as part of their morning walk around (unlike in Laos there were no tourists Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Apr 25, 2015
[float=left][/float] [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/741746/floral-myanm Posted by mcd0nag in Eckdahl-Sundin Travelogue | Apr 10, 2015
- Mandalay Posted by jctissier in Grad Trip 15' | Apr 9, 2015
Took bus to... Posted by jctissier in Grad Trip 15' | Apr 9, 2015
- Yangon Posted by jctissier in Grad Trip 15' | Apr 9, 2015
- Yangon, MyanmarThis is just a brief blog entry as I'd said that we were revisiting Yangon at the end of our Myanmar trip; we did but I'm afraid we didn't do that much.
We arrived in the early hours of t Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 15, 2015
- Inle Lake
It's been so easy to travel around Myanmar; granted we've stuck to the backpacker buses rather than local buses, but even so, they're so cheap and efficient. We caught another overnight bus Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 7, 2015
- Hsipaw, Myanmar
We'd read a few travel blogs about Myanmar and people had recommended taking the bumpy train ride from Mandalay to Hsipaw (pronounced tea-paw). It meant leaving at 4am on a very cold morning, Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 7, 2015
Rather than being unceremoniously dumped at a bus station in the middle of nowhere, the bus dropped us off right at our door. Night Sweet Hotel looked very professional w Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jan 31, 2015
- Bagan, Myanmar[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/81396761D0ED1B9F428DD359F1 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jan 29, 2015
- Zatvaranje burmanskog krugaNevjerojatno iritantno glasni spotovi obilježavaju put do Mandalaya... stižemo ranije od planiranog što nam ovoga puta ne ide u prilog obzirom da je oko 3 i 30 ujutro, i opet nas okružuju hijene od taksista koji valjda nikad ne spavaju. Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Jan 22, 2015
- Myanmar / BurmaMyanmar tj. Burma....toliko paradoksa u tako kratkom periodu. Teško je pretočiti u riječi niz osjećaja i iskustava koja smo proživjeli putujući ovom, (još uvijek) turizmom neiskvarenom zemljom.
Kako početi....? Možda najbolje nabacati nekoliko nepovezani Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Jan 22, 2015
- Yangon, Myanmar
Our journey from Manila to Yangon (via Kuala Lumpur) was 17 hours, so you can imagine that by the time we got to Sleep In Hostel in Yangon we were ready for our bed. The transfer from the ai Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jan 19, 2015
On arrival at Mandalay airport, we were pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the immigration queues as well as the speed in which our bag turned up on the conveyor belt. Getting a taxi to Mandalay, nearly 45 minutes away, Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 13, 2015