- MyanmarThis week I went to Mandalay, Bagan, and Inle Lake in Myanmar. It was really interesting to visit Myanmar again after seeing Yangon Myanmar on Semester at Sea. The first time I was there I could only compare Myanmar to Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | May 28, 2016
- Golden RockWe woke up bright and early for our 5:30 European breakfast. I put back a juice that I really shouldn't have considering we'd be on the bus so soon. Eggs and toast were good though. Our cab driver upped the Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | May 23, 2016
- Synagogues and artWe had seen most of our big sights the previous day. There was still a synagogue, art gallery, food and some book stores to enjoy. Being too tuckered out to order a Myanmar breakfast last night, we were stuck with Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | May 15, 2016
- Yangon In the morning, I woke up early to Skype the bank with little success. Then I tried the guesthouse computers and the software was too outdated to run the program. Ryan and I had the Myanmar breakfasts while I kept Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | May 3, 2016
- Arriving in YangonIn the morning, we took full advantage of the noon check out. I even got to Skype with my mom before we packed up really quick. We went out for a street breakfast: rice cakes, eggs and a banana cake. Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Apr 14, 2016
- March 8-10 Myanmar
April 15 - Updated with additional photos
RTW day 98 - currently at Kobe , Japan . Since Beijing, China the weather has been very cold. 40's at night and below 70's during the day. Posted by pointslj in Points/Chamberlin Around the world 2016 | Apr 12, 2016
- Three days on the Irrawaddy River. The way to Mandalay!We took an early flight from Yangon to Bagan on KBZ airlines. Never heard of KBZ before but all went well. Our guide Zaw actually came with us on the plane. We are scheduled to meet up with him again Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 22, 2016
- Yangon, Myanmar
Myanmar, pronounced me an mar, formally known as Burma when controlled by the British. Myanmar is wedged in between India and China. It is one of the most backward countries in Asia beca Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 20, 2016
- The journey through the commercial hub of MyanmarMy first visit to Mynmar was when I travelled to the lesser known small border town of Tachileik slightly more than 5 years ago. Tachileik is a tiny little town which is located at the border of Mynmar and Thailand. Posted by kidd27 in Yangon | Mar 19, 2016
- Myanmar: Yangon to Bagan and back again[i]NB: I use the term 'Myanmarese' in this post to refer to any person from Myanmar. This term is not an officially recognised one but it is used more and more commonly in texts relating to the country. I was Posted by advensha in Advensha | Feb 21, 2016
Est-ce vraiment Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Jan 7, 2016
- Golden Rock (Kyaikhteeyoe)Une montée sympa en camion de chantier pour voir un caillou, qui est un des lieu les plus sacrés en Birmanie.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Jan 7, 2016
- Hpa-An[img=http://photos. Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Jan 7, 2016
- Dala et Yangon Circular TrainUn bon moyen de voir la vie dans la banlieue de Yangon est de prendre le très lent Circular Train (3h), et un ferry (20min) jusqu'à la ville de Dala, au sud. Constrastes saisissants...
YANGON CIRCULAR TRAIN
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Jan 4, 2016
- Yangon (Rangoon)
[img=ht Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Jan 4, 2016
- Stopover Rangoon===From a letter home dated Saturday 22-10-1966===
We were a day and a half getting from Raxaul down to Calcutta by train and we stayed for four days in the Salvation Army hostel in Sudder St., in the same room Posted by Ozac in Back Down Shoestring Road | Nov 13, 2015
- Inle LakeAll through Bagan we heard, "Inle is beautiful, you will love it!" On November 2, in the late afternoon we arrive in the main village just north of the lake, Nange Shah. I was more than a little disappointed, there Posted by TriciaAri in Asian Honeymoon | Nov 7, 2015
- BaganUpon our arrival in Mandalay at 12pm, there was some debate between waiting for the 45 min flight that would get us into Bagan by 5pm or taking a "3 hour" cab. Ari, the anxious traveler, won and we hopped Posted by TriciaAri in Asian Honeymoon | Nov 3, 2015
- Discovering Myanmar (Part 1)[center][/center]
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
We’re a family of three who love to travel. Getting ready for our next big trip to Europe and North Afr Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Oct 28, 2015
- On the road to Mandalay...[center]Dear Blogasphere, it has been a long time since my last entry, and for this I can only apologise!
I find myself once again on foreign soil - this time I have moved to Mandalay in Myanmar (formally Burma) for another Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Sep 5, 2015
- Inle Lake
Spelled Inle, Inley or Inlay, the lake is also home to floating gardens, entire communities living in stilted bamboo houses on the water and the famous Intha Fishermen. On any given day i Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 30, 2015
Thousands of pagodas, monuments, and temples that seem to overwhelm the landscape, stretching from the banks of the Ayeryawady River through the surrounding countryside.
[img=http://pho Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 26, 2015
Our time in Yangon was a brief stopover before heading to Bagan, we spent it wandering the streets, alternatively dodging thunderstorms and blazing sun by checking out the art galleries.
Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jul 23, 2015
- Last days in Myanmar at Pyin Oo Lwin & MandalayI am off the Pandaw boat & looking forward to standing still for a bit. It has been a relaxing cruise but we got off & did something every day. That is very tiring ..
Five days more of Myanmar, Posted by hasbeen in THE AYEYARWADY RIVER of MYANMAR | Mar 2, 2015
- The U Bien Bridge at sunset===A FITTING END TO A GREAT CRUISE===
WE VISIT THE WOODEN U BIEN BRIDGE ... SOME CHOOSE TO WALK THE BRIDGE & CLIMB DOWN INTO ONE OF THESE BOATS ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by hasbeen in THE AYEYARWADY RIVER of MYANMAR | Mar 4, 2015