- Yangon, MyanmarThis is just a brief blog entry as I'd said that we were revisiting Yangon at the end of our Myanmar trip; we did but I'm afraid we didn't do that much.
We arrived in the early hours of t Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 15, 2015
- Inle Lake
It's been so easy to travel around Myanmar; granted we've stuck to the backpacker buses rather than local buses, but even so, they're so cheap and efficient. We caught another overnight bus Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 7, 2015
- Hsipaw, Myanmar
We'd read a few travel blogs about Myanmar and people had recommended taking the bumpy train ride from Mandalay to Hsipaw (pronounced tea-paw). It meant leaving at 4am on a very cold morning, Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Feb 7, 2015
Rather than being unceremoniously dumped at a bus station in the middle of nowhere, the bus dropped us off right at our door. Night Sweet Hotel looked very professional w Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jan 31, 2015
- Bagan, Myanmar[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/81396761D0ED1B9F428DD359F1 Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jan 29, 2015
- Zatvaranje burmanskog krugaNevjerojatno iritantno glasni spotovi obilježavaju put do Mandalaya... stižemo ranije od planiranog što nam ovoga puta ne ide u prilog obzirom da je oko 3 i 30 ujutro, i opet nas okružuju hijene od taksista koji valjda nikad ne spavaju. Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Jan 22, 2015
- Myanmar / BurmaMyanmar tj. Burma....toliko paradoksa u tako kratkom periodu. Teško je pretočiti u riječi niz osjećaja i iskustava koja smo proživjeli putujući ovom, (još uvijek) turizmom neiskvarenom zemljom.
Kako početi....? Možda najbolje nabacati nekoliko nepovezani Posted by mokrebicve in Đita okoli svita | Jan 22, 2015
- Yangon, Myanmar
Our journey from Manila to Yangon (via Kuala Lumpur) was 17 hours, so you can imagine that by the time we got to Sleep In Hostel in Yangon we were ready for our bed. The transfer from the ai Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jan 19, 2015
On arrival at Mandalay airport, we were pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the immigration queues as well as the speed in which our bag turned up on the conveyor belt. Getting a taxi to Mandalay, nearly 45 minutes away, Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Jan 13, 2015
- Day 21 - Yangon to Perth (via Singapore)D-Day, Departure Day. Definitely the saddest day of every trip is to leave a fantastic country, with the friendlies people, greats sights, too many pagodas and malaria tablets (of more concern).
Breakfast is so early this morning, as I am to Posted by lee_1986 in Myanmar (Burma) - 2013 | Dec 21, 2013
- Day 20 - YangonOkay so I would just like to start out by saying, 5 – 6 days is probably too long to stay in Yangon. Whilst it is a beautiful City, it is very much a City of limited attractions and today Posted by lee_1986 in Myanmar (Burma) - 2013 | Dec 21, 2013
- Day 19 - YangonUp very late this morning, probably the first real sleep in I have had since departing Perth, but I think it was well overdue.
Today the family are heading to the Governor’s Residence (my most dreaded activity of the whole Posted by lee_1986 in Myanmar (Burma) - 2013 | Dec 21, 2013
- Day 18 – Yangon (side trip to Mingaladon)Today, marks the day of the one stop I was very keen to visit, the Taukkyan War Memorial and Cemetery. Not for any particularly sentimental reason, but rather for an historical experience and to understand the impact World War 2 Posted by lee_1986 in Myanmar (Burma) - 2013 | Dec 21, 2013
- Day 17 - Yangon (again)After a relatively relaxing day yesterday ‘meandering’ from one place to another, shot out of the gates early this morning, skipped breakfast, but consumed my first cup of brewed coffee in 10 days.
The one thing about Myanmar that concerns me Posted by lee_1986 in Myanmar (Burma) - 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- Day 16 - Inle Lake to YangonIt’s the first day of December, but no wintery northern hemisphere weather her in Inle Lake which provides another beautiful sunrise to go with our canal view from both the Villa and Restaurant.
Another beautiful breakfast spread at the hotel and Posted by lee_1986 in Myanmar (Burma) - 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- THE RIVER TO BAGANCheadle Heath conjures up images of cricket and Pims on a sunny Sunday afternoon in a quaint little village green in the home counties. The reality could not be more removed from that, not just geographically. Mandalay creates all Posted by gavinbose in TEMPLES,TEAS,TIGERS & TANTRUMS IN TRAINS | Dec 15, 2014
- Myanmar: een unieke ervaringMercie aan iedereen die commentaar heeft gegeven op mijn blog, niet alleen weet ik dan dat ik niet voor niks uren lig te knutselen maar het is ook voor mij leuk om iets te horen van de andere kant. Sommige Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Dec 10, 2014
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY "Welcome to Myanmar". In what would become characteristically friendly greeting, the taxi driver let out a broad smile revealing his blood red beetlenut stained teeth. I had stepped out of Yangon Airport and straight into a gleaming white AC taxi. Posted by gavinbose in TEMPLES,TEAS,TIGERS & TANTRUMS IN TRAINS | Dec 10, 2014
- Myanmar: betelnoot, longyi en thanakaHallo allemaal,
Als deze blog online geraakt in Myanmar dan is dat een klein mirakel. Wifi is hier een luxe en als je het hebt dan is het tergend traag.
Ik ben ondertussen hier al bijna 2 weken en ik hou echt Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Dec 1, 2014
- Burma (Myanmar) - Teil 3Zurück in Yangon wollten wir uns um unser Indien-Visum kümmern. Träge Internetverbindungen, die das Ausfüllen der Online-Formulare erschwerten, indische Feiertage, welche die Bearbeitung unserer Anträge verzögert hätten, und die Tatsache, dass wir morgens Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Nov 30, 2014
- Burma (Myanmar) - Teil 2Die rund zehnstündige Fahrt auf dem Irrawaddy nutzten wir, um uns auf die vielen Sehenswürdigkeiten in Bagan, dem Ziel unserer Reise auf dem Fluss, vorzubereiten.
Bagan, eine historische Königsstadt und mit über 2000 Sakralbauten eine der bedeut Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Nov 28, 2014
- Burma (Myanmar)Nachdem wir genug frische Bergluft in Yunnan geschnuppert hatten, haben wir uns auf die Weiterreise nach Burma gemacht. Eigentlich wollten wir die Grenze überland passieren, dies ist jedoch nur mit einer Sondergenehmigung möglich, die wir nicht mehr recht Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Nov 26, 2014
- Dag 80 – MandalayBurma, eller Myanmar, som faktiskt aldrig hetat Burma utan bara började kallas för det av britterna under kolonialtiden, är nog ett utav de häftigaste länderna jag besökt.
På många sätt är landet väldigt eftersatt med;
• dåligt utvecklad infrastruktur Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Nov 17, 2014
- October 2014, Myanmar (Burma)October 2014. Myanmar (Burma)
Arrival into Yangon. Another big, crazy, chaotic Asian city – fantastic. The taxi driver emptied us into the bustling street a hundred yards from the hotel leaving us to scramble over the road avoiding scoot Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Oct 31, 2014
- Adventures in Southeast AsiaI arrived in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) late in the evening. To me, it seems like more of a Western city than Hanoi. I'm trying to limit my spending a little, so I stayed in a hostel for Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Sep 19, 2014