- Yangon, Myanmar - Monday, 16 January 2017Sule Shangri-La Hotel - Room 2207
The holiday is over - now adhering to a timetable begins!
At 8.30 am we met in the foyer, about 36 of us, for the short bus ride to the wharf to catch the ferry to Posted by gaddingabout in Mystical Irrawaddy | Jan 17, 2017
- Yangon, Myanmar - Sunday, 15 January 2017We both had a great night's sleep - about 10 hours of it! And the bed and pillows are divine.
After breakfast, we met the girls in the foyer and after perusing a local map given to us by reception, we Posted by gaddingabout in Mystical Irrawaddy | Jan 15, 2017
- Canberra/Singapore/Yangon - Saturday, 14 January 2017Sule Shangri-La Hotel - Room 2207 - on the top floor.
We boarded on time and were escorted to our seats. We think they are the best seats in the plane, bar First Class! We are on the right hand Posted by gaddingabout in Mystical Irrawaddy | Jan 14, 2017
- RangunKolejnym etapem naszej podróży był sześciomilionowy Rangun. Choć w 2006 roku przestał być stolicą polityczną Mjanmy na rzecz nowo wybudowanego Naypyidaw, do tej pory jest centrum gospodarczym kraju. Miasto bardzo przypadło nam do gustu: z jednej strony eg Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 7, 2016
- Jezioro InleNad jeziorem Inle zatrzymaliśmy się w Nyaungshwe, dość brzydkiej kilkunastutysięcznej miejscowości teoretycznie leżącej nad jeziorem. W praktyce brzegi jeziora Inle są mocno zabagnione i z Nyaungshwe można się dostać na otwarty akwen łodzią, płynąc kilka Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 4, 2016
- Z Kalaw nad jezioro Inle
Z Bagan do Kalaw jechaliśmy siedem godzin całkiem wygodnym i nowoczesnym autobusem. Kilkutysięczny Kalaw leży na pogórzu i jest bazą wypadową w okoliczne tereny rolnicze. Kiedy dojechaliśmy Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 1, 2016
- Myanmar We were late arriving into the port at Yangon so our tour to see the Shwedagon Pagoda became a very late night out. It took just under an hour to drive from the port to the Pagoda and only because Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 25, 2016
We wtorek płynęliśmy rzeką Irawady (Ayeyarwaddy) z Mandalay do Bagan statkiem firmy MGRG. Rejs zaczynał się o 7 rano. Przez pierwszą godzinę nad rzeką utrzymywała się gęsta mgła.
Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Nov 24, 2016
Pociąg z Mandalay do Hsipaw odjeżdżał o czwartej rano. Jechaliśmy wagonem upper class czyli z siedzeniami, które rozkładały się prawie do pozycji leżącej. Jakieś dwieście kilometrów drogi i jedenaście godzin podróży w cenie niecałych Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Nov 21, 2016
- Z Nepalu do Mandalay
Z Nepalu do Birmy lecieliśmy przez Kuala Lumpur (gdzie kilka godzin nocowaliśmy pod lotniskiem) i Bangkok. Lot z Katmandu zaczął się oglądaniem panoramy Himalajów przy bezchmurnym niebie.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/856192/large Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Nov 20, 2016
- Busy day in MandalayThere weren't a lot of early risers in our dorm except for the man who was meditating in his bed for an hour. Breakfast spoiled us again with endless toast, juice, tea, eggs and generous fruit plates. We also met Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 19, 2016
- A long journey from Hsipaw to MandalayOur last buffet breakfast was good though there weren't any pancakes, but some rice porridge to bring back memories of Chengdu where we ate more of it. We thanked the staff for feeding us so well over the past few Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 13, 2016
- Day Two Tungsan to Hsipaw trekThe night was warmer than we had anticipated. We'd brought toques, sweaters and scarves just in case, though the sweater was still necessary. Not many people woke up in time for the 7:30 breakfast so it was pushed to eight Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 12, 2016
- Trekking to TungsanAfter delaying our trek a day, we were finally ready to depart, not until after one more tasty breakfast buffet. They had veggie tempura this morning to add to their selection. Five of us set off on a trek with Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 10, 2016
- Nam Tok waterfall and Shan Palace Ryan was pretty excited for breakfast and feeling better today. The buffet offered a similar spread except they had rice instead of noodles and fried veggies. We though there were no pancakes until another guest commented on it and we Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 8, 2016
- Shan Palace and Little BaganRyan was feeling pretty sick this morning and didn't want to go to breakfast. I took the elevator up to the fourth floor for the breakfast buffet that I'd been excited for since last night. They had fried noodles, fried Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 6, 2016
- Gokteik ViaductWe arrived at the train station just before eight to stand in a long line of foreigners buying tickets. If there was one train journey that guidebooks recommended in Myanmar, it was the Gokteik Viaduct over a deep river gorge, Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Aug 27, 2016
- Impressive Anisakan FallsWe spent the morning relaxing outside at the guesthouse until Ryan got wet paint on his jeans, a nice bright green. We headed back to our room soon after. We debated whether to move on from Pyin Oo Lwin or Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Aug 26, 2016
- Day 22-23 Hpa AnWe'll have spent the last to nights in Hpa An and the scenery is amazing, took a tour yesterday which would of been really good if the rain had stayed away,the rain was torrential got soaked even with wet weather Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 19, 2016
- Pyin Oo Lwin and Lovely Kandawgyi GardensAfter some instructions from the front desk staff, we set out to find the bus to Pyin Oo Lwin. We walked down to 82nd street and 27th to find pick-up trucks with wooden bench seats, not quite what we imagined Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 20 Kim PunWell here I am at Kin Pun Sakhan, Foot of Mt. Kyaikhtiyo, Myanmar to visit the Golden Rock which apparently the 3rd most important Buddhist site in Burma and in the dry season the views would be terrific, Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 19 Bago Myanmar Well another bus trip this time from Inle to Bago,only took 13 hours to cover the 350 odd Km's,so arrived in Bago early yesterday morning and after early check in at my lodgings and much needed sleep I spent the Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 14, 2016
- Day 15 and trip to Pidaya caves and back to Inle Well was cruisey day got a taxi to Pindaya which has temple in cave filled with more Buddha statues but good views of the country side is About 1300 metres and looks over the town in the valley below
Drive over Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 11, 2016
- Inle Lake Well an easy day getting around on a long boat on Inle lake,costed quite a few places,silversmiths,cigar makers and yep had one and was good but would of been better with an old bourbon!! Watching the carpenters make the long Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 10, 2016
- Day 13 and Inle LakeWell after giving the buses a miss as I reckoned it was going to take around 12 hours to get to Inle from Bagan, I splurged and got a plane with a flight time of 30 minutes and a transfer Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Aug 9, 2016