- Magical Myanmar (Phew, this is a bit of a long one, but there is a lot to say about the place - maybe should have done chapters for Myanmar!)
Having followed improvements in the political situation over recent years we have been keen Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Mar 13, 2014
- Back to realitySadly after 5 days we had to leave Ngapali. On the drive to the airport the road appeared to have made serious progress. New sections were compete that they hadn't started weren't there earlier in the week. Fast workers!
[float=left][img=http://photos Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 20, 2014
- Exquisite Escape[i][center]
We woke up to waves crashing just outside the window and watched the sunset over the ocean every night. It was just beautiful. The government strictly limits developm Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 20, 2014
- Anarchic AirportsWe were up at 6am for our flight to Ngapali. We arrived at the tiny airport 90 mins before departure as instructed, but we're not sure why we had to be here so early. After a half hour of nothing, Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 15, 2014
- Perfect Valentines Day in BaganKatie woke up sick this morning, it seems impossible to go on holiday without Katie getting sick at some point. She almost never gets sick at home when she's working all the time - it's as if her body working Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 14, 2014
- Wrong turns in the desertThis morning we got up at 6 to watch the sunrise from a temple nearby that Thien suggested. In our typical style, we couldn't remember its name or where it was (we left the hotel and confidently pointed in opposite Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 13, 2014
- 12th Feb Part Two- Temples temples pagodas templesFirst stop was Shwesandaw Pagoda, built in 1057 by a fellow called King Anawrahta. We climbed to the 5th storey and Thien gave us a little history lesson.
So. Bagan has been around a long time but things only got Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 12, 2014
- 12th Feb Part One- AirportsWe had a VERY bad nights sleep, especially Kate who was a cranky pants at 5am when we had to get up to go to the airport.
The Yangon Domestic Airport was chaotic to say the least. Little organisation, no info Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 12, 2014
- Instagram CelebritiesThe road out front of the hotel was surprisingly noisy given lack of daytime traffic. Kate fell asleep to, and woke up to a man walking up and down the road yelling something that sounded like it belonged in The Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 11, 2014
- It's Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Asia...It's transit day to Myanmar! In the taxi to the airport there is no seatbelt on Pat's side - he is starting to accept that he will die here. Traffic is less bad today. The last few days observing driving Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Feb 10, 2014
- A LITTLE TREK THROUGH RURAL KALAWPart of our tour was a little two-day trek through the country side of rural Kalaw. We were told it would be about 10 miles a day and that we would spend the night in a little home stay. Posted by pcnicholson0522 in SE Asia - An Ancient Kingdom | Feb 17, 2014
- THE PEOPLE OF MYANMARLITTLE MONKS AND NUNS
Our group leader, Nathan, has a definite propensity for the monks in training. It is our understanding that families who want a better life for their children - education and discipline - will commit them to Posted by pcnicholson0522 in SE Asia - An Ancient Kingdom | Feb 16, 2014
- MYANMAR Paul and I departed Myanmar yesterday and are now taking a little R&R before our Overseas Adventure Tour starts on February 17th. As reported earlier we have had very spotty internet service and very little down time to do Posted by pcnicholson0522 in SE Asia - An Ancient Kingdom | Feb 16, 2014
- ARRIVED SE ASIAWe arrived, fully intact and with all bags in hand, to Myanmar nearly a week ago. This has been an extrodinary trip in so many ways. Dispite the dusty and dirty life here the people are some of Posted by pcnicholson0522 in SE Asia - An Ancient Kingdom | Feb 7, 2014
- Mandalay to BangkokI got up early and sorted my bag ready to leave. Nay picked me up and kindly took me to a bank first so I could exchange my currency I hadn't used back into US $. Then we set off Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 7, 2014
- Pot of Gold at the End of Our Myanmar Rainbow
Inle Lake is a huge little-developed lake where the men fish with their hands and row with their feet simultaneously, food is farmed in the water and entire resta Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Jan 8, 2014
- MandalayNay picked me up and we went to a monastery in within the city to see one of the famous Buddha statues Maha Myat Muni. In the temple complex they was a Buddhist museum type thing which pictures of stupas Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- Bagan to MandalayHad breaky at the hotel then got collected in a pick up for the bus. It was a ute witha covered back and a bunch of small plastic chairs for us to sit on.
I sat with a family, very cute Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- Bagan Day 2I Slept in for a little as i still didn't feel fantastic. As i was having breaky on the veranda i started talking to Vincent and Celine, from France. Celine wasn't feeling well either and so was asking my plan Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- BaganA good chunk of people got off about an hour before Bagan, as did the guy next to me and so I got another hour of sleep a little more stretched out. We arrived in Bagan just before 6am well Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- Trekking Day 3The three of us slept in the big kinda family room, on blankets on the floor. Again not the best sleep I've ever had... Especially as the animals were sleeping below us and at about 3:30am there was some kind Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- Trekking Day 2Not the best night sleep ever, had a few strange dreams but at least I wasn't cold, I was actually a bit too hot. I woke up at 6 as breaky was planned for 6:30, had a wet wipe shower Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- Trekking Day 1After having breakfast I left my main bag at the hotel to be forwarded on to the lake where I would finish my trek and then met my guide Ko Min and two Estonian taxi drivers and then we headed Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- KalawThe journey was a bumpy one but I managed to get some sleep. Even with the big chairs it wasn't super comfortable. At 4am I was woken as we had arrived at Kalaw. I was the only one getting off Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 4, 2014
- Yangon Day 2Woke up at 6:30 to pack and organise my stuff. I check out and had breakfast before leaving to walk into the city. I Burma is already going over my budget and I can see it going over even more Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Jan 3, 2014