- Dinner and A ShowGreetings once again from Namibia! Spent the last couple of days making our way down the west side of the Okavango Delta and across the Kalahari back to our current location in Gobabis, just east of Windhoek. Was Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 24, 2014
- Staying on the riverOK, we've tried not to gush about our accommodations, because
a) we all hoped you pictured us staying in tents in the middle of the bush, living off the leaves of plants and fending off wild animals continuously
b) truthfully, that's not Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 20, 2014
- Waterhole HoppingToday was a wonderful reminder that nature is quite unpredictable. After going on and on about all we saw over the past two days, we drove around for hours this morning and didn't see a thing. OK, well, Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 20, 2014
- Three-oh? Uh-oh!Family: Hope most of you will see this before tonight - so sorry we are missing the big celebration! We certainly will raise a toast in honor of the big three-oh, Doug! Birthday boy, I'm sure you'll Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 18, 2014
- Safari Animals: The Deluxe PlaysetThis must be getting old for all of you . . . drove here blah blah blah . . . animals, animals, animals blah blah blah. Thankfully, it's not at all getting old for us!
Today's waterhole gamble paid Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 18, 2014
- Wildlife BingoWe've purchased a wildlife guide and we are ticking things off when we see them and this seriously is feeling a little like bingo.
Got into Etosha National Park earlier than expected today. Etosha is a 8500 square mile park Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 17, 2014
- Baboon 101
This begs the question: who would invite a baboon into a vehicle or room?
So, as much as I tend to love all creatures great and small, baboons have never been high on Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 16, 2014
- Seeing spotsOK, so this is how the day went. We had signed up for a full day's worth of activities at CCF ([[http://www.cheetah.org|Cheetah Conservation Fund]]). Worried that we may have read too much into the brochure, we went in Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 15, 2014
- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 15, 2014
- Warthog Crossing!
Deplaning in Windhoek, Namibia
Not the bad ass Range Rover you may have envisi Posted by cheetahpeeps in 21000 miles | Sep 13, 2014
- Animal CrackersSo we have just spent 2 days in the Etosha National Park and have been out game driving. I have lots of animals to add to my arsenal of ever increasing photos. Each one has own personality and is a Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Sep 10, 2014
- There are no rain out here in Africa...Namibia is a country of everything. Deserts, beaches, mountains, culture and Animals. I have been spoilt by Namibia. Of all of the countries we visit, we spend the longest in Namibia. I am very glad.
So far we have stayed in Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Sep 10, 2014
- 9. Northern NamibiaWe continue north. The roads are empty, long and straight. At first we pass large European cattle holdings. But then the countryside turns to African land use and subsistence farming - thatched huts, rural villages, plots Posted by rhinospin in Two Kiwis in Africa | Aug 20, 2014
- 8. Etosha - cheetahs, elephants and rhinosWe are heading towards Namibia’s tourism crown jewel, Etosha National Park. But let me pause and ask you what you know about Namibia. I knew very little before we undertook our trip; I had a vague idea of Posted by rhinospin in Two Kiwis in Africa | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 20/21. Namibia & Zambia. Drive to Livingston, ZambiaWe did a 2hr game drive in the morning before heading out of the park. As soon as we left the campground gates we ran into one of the cars that we had seen with the Hilali cheetah yesterday and Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Aug 4, 2014
- 7. Swakopmund and Twylfelfontein Two days in Swakopmund on the Atlantic coast provide time to take our washing to the laundry, to do some site seeing on foot, and to have a rest from driving. The red and white striped lighthouse, the waterfront Posted by rhinospin in Two Kiwis in Africa | Aug 1, 2014
- 6. Sesriem and Sossusvlei The road north, graveled but mostly well maintained, takes us through a series of wide valleys ringed with rugged mountains. It reminds me of the Maniototo in NZ’s Central Otago, with its arid landscape and sparse vegetation cover. Posted by rhinospin in Two Kiwis in Africa | Aug 1, 2014
- 5. Fish River Canyon and the German Influence We crossed the Orange River, high in flood, passing out of South Africa and into Namibia, a country we knew little of. The landscape grew increasingly arid, with the only green swathes provided by the irrigated grape vines along the Posted by rhinospin in Two Kiwis in Africa | Jul 22, 2014
- Foodprep momDagene frem til nå har gått veldig fort! Det er mye å gjøre, men veldig morro. På gruppen min «Owls» er vi 3 newbees og 4 som har vært her lenger(om jeg ikke tar helt feil…
Hver morgen leser sjefen opp Posted by mariinamibia in Mari i Namibia | Jun 23, 2014
- Tidlig morgen...Det ble en tidlig morgen i dag… Natten tilbragte vi på ett rom med seks senger, hvor det sov tre kjente og to ukjente. Han ene gutten som sov på rommet med oss kom hjem full i natt, noe som Posted by mariinamibia in Mari i Namibia | Jun 20, 2014
- Ankommet Namibia! Dagen i går begynte med reising. Det første flyet jeg skulle ta gikk kl 17:10, da reiste jeg fra Oslo, Gardemoen til London, Heathrow. På Heathrow møtte jeg Emma, som jeg har blitt kjent med gjennom prosjektet. Etter noen runder Posted by mariinamibia in Mari i Namibia | Jun 19, 2014
- Day 19. Namibia. Etosha- OkakuejoToday we decided to check out the area around Okakeujo, the oldest park accomodation site. Okakuejo is north of the Anderson gate and at about midway between the Eastern and Western boundaries of the park. On our way over, which Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Jun 12, 2014
- Day 18. Namibia. Etosha- HaliliFor our morning game drive we headed west to explore roads for us not yet travelled. We did two small loops off the main road, checked out a few viewpoints and watering holes but had a relatively uneventful morning, which Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Jun 9, 2014
- Day 17. Namibia. Etosha- HaliliWe entered the park at sunrise, took what we had come to call the ‘triangle’ and then the ‘road where we see all the rhinos’ on our way to Hilali, which is the newest camp and accommodation site within the Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Jun 7, 2014
- Day 16. Namibia. Etosha- Namutoni GateWe entered the park at opening time today and planned to do the road where we had seen the rhino the day before. We had seen a few cars on a side road, a small triangle, the previous day and Posted by Jmclellan in We Live in Africa | Jun 5, 2014