- Bishnu's Eco ParkIt was time to move on South! We were lucky to get a window seat on the first leg of our long drive to our 4th Workaway in Meghauli near the National Park of Chitwan.
We got off in Naryanghaat, Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Dec 6, 2016
- Langtan Children's HomeIt was time to move out of Thamel an to our next Workaway! We caught a taxi across the valley and arrived at the Langtan Children's Home in the Kimdol neighbourhood. We were immediately greeted by Pushpa and Janak who Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Dec 6, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalWe’d been told that if the weather was clear on Day 4, to expect a wake-up knock on the door at 5am. To be honest, after the weather we’d had so far, I really didn’t expect it, so I was Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Dec 5, 2016
- Trip To Central TibetTibet has captured the minds and imaginations of travelers and adventurers for hundreds of years.Central Tibet is additionally a part of the Autonomous region of Sitsang (TAR), China. It occupies 1/4 of Tibetan land. it's the foremost popular and center Posted by batebasanta in Tibet Trips | Dec 4, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalThe pre-walk briefing for Day 3 went something like “down to the river, up a bit, flat for a while, then up, up, up!” (Apologies to the guide if the paraphrasing is not quite accurate.) And that’s basically how it Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Dec 4, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalI had always intended to fit in a short trek during this visit to Nepal, but I didn’t know when it would happen. Luckily, by leaving it till the end, I was able to go with a guide I already Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Dec 3, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalIn the last week of my current stint at the village school, I was invited to spend a night in Kalabang. Apart from some final hours of family time, it was also going to be an opportunity for early morning Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Nov 25, 2016
- Planning your Everest Base Camp trekWe have completed EBC the long way: Jiri-EBC-Salleri. Below are some useful tips on how to plan your itinerary, budgets, etc.
[[http://roaming-the-world.travellerspoint.com/25/|Read about our EBC adventure here]]
TIMS card (n Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 22, 2016
- Best Time to Travel NepalAre you looking for the best time to go Nepal? Wherever you travel in the world, it is necessary to know the best time. The Best time to visit Nepal is pre monsoon and post moon season. The most Posted by admountainclub in Best Time to Visit Nepal | Nov 21, 2016
- Everest Base Camp - Independent Trekking===The Plan===
Normally when you do an Everest Bace Camp trek the plan is simple. You take a flight to Lukla hike up to Namche Bazar then to EBC and back to Lukla to catch your fl Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 21, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalIt has turned out to be a happy accident that I’ve found myself living in Gaurighat, Lakeside, on this visit to Nepal. I really like my street, and I love the neighbourhood.
[/ Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Nov 19, 2016
- Dolina LangtangNa trek w dolinie Langtang dojechaliśmy lokalnym autobusem z Katmandu do Syabru Besi. Towarzyszył nam nasz przewodnik Jedu. Oprócz pasażerów autobusem jechały "przesyłki konduktorskie": w korytarzu leżały paczki a między nimi turlała się pokaźnej wielkośc Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Nov 10, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalOn the final day of Tihar, immediately after the Bhai Tika rituals, I joined a group of students, teachers and other supporters of Bhagawati School, for an afternoon of Deusi Bhailo in Kalabang. The homes we visited had been carefully Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Nov 8, 2016
- Annapurna Base Camp==This is a chapter 2== We have just completed Annapurna Circuit in 10 days, and decided not to loose any time and head straight for base camp!
Tatopani - Ghorepani - 15 km
This was the best start of the Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 5, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalThis trip to Nepal has coincided with festival season. I arrived towards the end of Dashain, and within a couple of weeks – just time to settle in – Tihar was upon us. Tihar/Diwali/Deepavali is the festival of light and Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Nov 5, 2016
- Annapurna - Circuit and Base Camp (Chapter 1 Circuit)
After spending a night in a freezing-AC Shardjah airport we finally made it to Kathmandu.
First surprise was that Air Asia have lost Dovile's luggage with most of her trekking gear. We Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 5, 2016
- Katmandu i PatanWspółczesny Nepal istnieje dopiero od 1769 roku. Wśród wielu księstw i królestw, które na przestrzeni wieków przewinęły się przez terytorium Nepalu, największe znaczenie miały zazwyczaj te położone w niewielkiej ale żyznej dolinie Katmandu: budowały dodat Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Nov 10, 2016
- Nad jeziorem BegnasPo trudach górskiej wspinaczki wybraliśmy się wypocząć nad jezioro Begnas znajdujące się niecałą godzinę od Pokhary. Nasz pensjonat Dinesh House, prowadzony przez Dinesha i jego rodzinę, mieścił się na zalesionym wzgórzu kilkaset metrów od asfaltu. Idąc d Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Oct 26, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalBack in Nepal to spend more time at the village school, I’ve decided to base myself in Pokhara and commute each day. There were many different considerations, and it’s a decision not taken lightly, least of all because of the Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Oct 25, 2016
- Panorama AnnapurnyPodróż autobusem z Saurahy do Pokhary zajęła dobre sześć godzin, została opóźniona przez osuwisko wymuszające na pewnym odcinku ruch wahadłowy. Nasze podróżnicze doświadczenie objawiło się w momencie kiedy autobus zatrzymał się na lunch w restauracji puła Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Oct 24, 2016
- Annapurna Base Camp TrekkingAnnapurna base Camp Trekking can be a completely different experience if the landscape provides you with the thrill you desire. Annapurna Base Camp treks provides just that. The Annapurna Sanctuary of the Himalayas is encircled by many peaks, namely the Posted by Beside in Everest Base Camp Trek | Oct 23, 2016
- Everest Base Camp Trek, trekking to Everest Base CampA dream, the dream that leads you to the roof of the Earth, comes true only when you dare to trek to the Everest region to store life long memories in your brain, a thrilling excitement in your heart and Posted by Beside in Everest Base Camp Trek | Oct 23, 2016
- Nepal, last few daysAfter our Nepal trek, we had a few days of rest which we used to plan the next few countries. But we took the time to visit the International mountain museum, Devi's falls, and hike to the top of Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Oct 15, 2016
- Park narodowy ChitwanW Katmandu, autobus turystyczny do parku narodowego Chitwan, który znaleźliśmy w długim szeregu autobusów, był już praktycznie zapełniony, więc razem z Olą usiedliśmy w kabinie kierowcy, niemal na przedniej szybie. Sam wyjazd z Katmandu zajął ponad godzin Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Oct 15, 2016
- Dashain w Katmandu
W samolocie z Kuala Lumpur do Katmandu filmy Bollywood cieszyły się zdecydowanie największą popularnością wśród pasażerów korzystających z małych ekranów indywidualnych. Przed lądowaniem na horyzoncie ponad chmurami dostrzegliśmy wierzchołki Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Oct 14, 2016