- The long way down the mountain and feasting in KathmanduFollowing an epic day making it to Gorak Shep, seeing Everest Base Camp and getting halfway up Kala Pathar then changing the route back I had the worst nights sleep so far (too hot, too cold, going to the toilet, Posted by antony25 in Escaping the Rock | Mar 30, 2013
- From food poisoning to trekking the Himalayas to Everest BCWe were out the door and into a taxi just after 6am going through the empty Delhi streets to Indira Ghandi Airport T3 where sailed through security, spent last rupees on water and a chocolate bar then, as already boarding, Posted by antony25 in Escaping the Rock | Mar 28, 2013
- BhaktapurDespués de casi una semana en Katmandú, llegó el momento de cambiar de aires y decidí visitar otro de los lugares patrimonio de la humanidad del valle. No me hizo falta ir muy lejos, pues Bhaktapur se encuentra a escasos Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Mar 27, 2013
- Bodhnath y PashupatinahA escasos kilómetros de Katmandú se encuentran dos de los centros religiosos más importantes de Nepal. Por un lado, la estupa más grande de Asia, Bodhnath, y, por otro, el templo hindú de Pashupatinath. Un día fui a visitar ambos, Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Mar 24, 2013
- KatmandúEspero no haberos asustado demasiado con las impresiones sobre la capital de Nepal de mi anterior post. En todo caso, y para compensar, en estas líneas os mostraré algunas de las maravillas que esconde Katmadú, que no son pocas. La Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Mar 22, 2013
- De tocht der tochten************************************************************************************************************************
Waarschuwing vooraf! Gezien de lengte van mijn verhaal is een lange adem vereist. Voor diegenen die over een korte adem beschikken, a Posted by Caroline2012 in Caroline Travels East | Mar 22, 2013
- From the foothills to the peaksHere are some pics from our recent trek up to the Annapurna Sanctuary / Annapurna Base Camp!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by goodbyespaceman in Farewell Spaceman | Mar 20, 2013
- Toteuttamassa unelmaaHelmikuussa päästiin vihdoinkin reissuun, joka on ollut unelmani jo vuosia. Nepaliin.
Vaikken ollut varma mikä minua sinne on tarkalleen ottaen vetänyt, vuosien odotukset täyttyivät ja ylittyivät.
Ja voidaan kai sanoa, että vastauksen tämän pienen suu Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Mar 18, 2013
- Llegada a NepalMi ruta por Europa y Asia con aerolíneas de bajo coste (un nuevo hito en mis viajes, que realmente espero no volver a repetir) me llevó desde Madrid hasta Katmandú, la capital de Nepal, pasando por Bélgica, Turquía y los Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Mar 14, 2013
- Yum!On a Nepali menu, you can find these delicious dishes!
Veggie momos with spicy curry dipping sauce and potatoes chilly (tastes like Szechuan French fries!)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by goodbyespaceman in Farewell Spaceman | Mar 8, 2013
- Kathmandu Here are a few more pictures from around Kathmandu!
Boudhanath at sunset
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/531360 Posted by goodbyespaceman in Farewell Spaceman | Feb 27, 2013
- Pashupatinath temple, Kathmandu NepalWe made it to Kathmandu a few days ago! Here are a few pics from the Pashupatinath temple, one of the holiest hindu temples in the world.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/531 Posted by goodbyespaceman in Farewell Spaceman | Feb 25, 2013
- Impressie van een koningsstadKathmandu
Soms zeggen beelden genoeg. Kathmandu is zo indrukwekkend dat er geen woorden voor te vinden zijn. Dit keer geen lang verhaal, maar een impressie van deze stad.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/466843/E513D1FD2219AC681730643811D85 Posted by Caroline2012 in Caroline Travels East | Feb 21, 2013
- Pokharaat last! the blisters could breathe, the belly could expand, and i didn't have two wear two pairs of socks to keep from getting too cold! Pokhara: the most laid-back place in nepal with stunning views of the Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Jan 30, 2013
- Annapurna CircuitFinally! the energy and electricity and ability to use the internet and post about the trek! I met two guys in Kathmandu who had similar ambitions and timetables to partner up with for the trek: Thomas from Finland Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Jan 24, 2013
- 5 January 2013It was decided we would meet at 8am this morning for breakfast at Pumpernikel and then go our separate ways to the memorial meetings. We arrived ready for breakfast about 9am not in any hurry for breakfast because we didn’t Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 5, 2013
- 4 January 2013Today was Chabahil sisters class as 12pm. We headed to LeBistro at about 9.30am and enjoyed the sunshine to warm up. From there Uncle Jeff went off with James and Heidi to find a SIM card and we waited around Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 5, 2013
- 3 January 2013Back to LeBistro again this morning where I tried out the lemon pancakes (really really nice). After breakfast Han and Kathryn went shopping and I stayed with mum and dad. They ended up going out to see Junu’s grandmother who Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 5, 2013
- 2 January 2013We were to be out at Chabahil by 12pm today so we got going a bit earlier. Breakfast was at LeBistro again. I decided I wanted to have something different today but it just didn’t work! I didn’t feel like Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 3, 2013
- 1 January 2013Woke early again this morning unfortunately unable to sleep well. Back to LeBistro for breakfast again this morning. I decided I should get something other than honey pancakes for breakfast just to be different…too hard…in the end I decided Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 1, 2013
- 31 December 2012We have been invited to brother Devi and sister Poonam’s for lunch today at 11am. It was decided we would skip breakfast or we would be way to full to fit anything in, knowing that we had a big lunch Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 1, 2013
- 30 December 2012Happy birthday Stephen and Ruth :)
We didn’t have anything planned till this afternoon but unfortunately I wasn’t able to sleep in. I have managed to rather inconveniently get a cold that is driving me round the bend.
I enjoyed a delightfully Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Jan 1, 2013
- first impressionskathmandu is great! people, people everywhere. curious glances, or shameless stares, the locals are so nice and friendly. they remind me of thai people - always smiling, always kind, sometimes so eager to help that they give Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Dec 30, 2012
- 29 December 2012It was the memorial meeting at 10.30am this morning so we were up a little earlier for breakfast and time to get out there. Breakfast was back at Lebsitro again this morning and I decided to try the omelet basquaise Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 29, 2012
- 28 December 2012A delightfully warm shower again this morning…much to mums disgust when she got a cold one :).
Surprise surprise it was back to Lebistro for breakfast again this morning. After sitting in the sunshine trying to warm up it was Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 28, 2012