- first impressionskathmandu is great! people, people everywhere. curious glances, or shameless stares, the locals are so nice and friendly. they remind me of thai people - always smiling, always kind, sometimes so eager to help that they give Posted by yoganini in Reflections of a Yoganini | Dec 30, 2012
- 29 December 2012It was the memorial meeting at 10.30am this morning so we were up a little earlier for breakfast and time to get out there. Breakfast was back at Lebsitro again this morning and I decided to try the omelet basquaise Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 29, 2012
- 28 December 2012A delightfully warm shower again this morning…much to mums disgust when she got a cold one :).
Surprise surprise it was back to Lebistro for breakfast again this morning. After sitting in the sunshine trying to warm up it was Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 28, 2012
- 27 December 2012Woke early this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep…was almost sleep when Han’s phone rang at 7:15am (someone from Adelaide who forgot the time difference!!). I decided to get up and was so excited to be the first to Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 28, 2012
- 26 December 2012A earlier start again today though we don’t have to be at Chabahil till 12pm. We had breakfast at Weizen’s this morning for a welcome change. After finishing breakfast there it was off to Chabahil.
We arrived safely at Chabahil and Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 26, 2012
- 25 December 2012Woke this morning for an earlier start to the day…thank goodness for the delightfully warm shower this morning. It was breakfast at Lebistro again today.
We headed off to Chabahil for a study day because it is a public holiday Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 26, 2012
- 24 December 2012Nothing planned for today so it was great to have a lazy day not doing all that much. We were invited to Srijana’s for dinner to celebrate her first wedding anniversary but instead invited Srijana and Leah back to Thamel Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 26, 2012
- 23 December 2012We woke lazily this morning and dad sent a message saying the shower was hot. I scrambled out of bed and had an icy freezing shower :) not impressed! From there we decided to try Northfield café for breakfast, something Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 23, 2012
- 22 December 2012It was an earlier start for breakfast this morning and back to Lebistro again. We headed off for the Memorial meeting at Chabahil about 9.30am. I started off in the memorial meeting and then we went up for Sunday School Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 23, 2012
- 21 December 2012We woke this morning and it was a mere 2*C outside. After getting into my warmest clothes (a long sleeved button up shirt, a long sleeve t-shirt, long denim skirt, long socks, ankle socks and my jumper) I was starting Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 23, 2012
- 20 Decmeber 2012Once again it was a late start to the morning. I finally got up for a shower and tried to enjoy a freezing cold one. Once I was out I think my bones were actually rattling so I went to Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 20, 2012
- 19 December 2012Surprise surprise it was a relatively late start this morning. We needed to be out at cottage meeting by 12pm so had to get going a little faster this morning. After rolling out of bed it was up to Lebistro Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 19, 2012
- 18 December 2012We woke this morning and did nothing for a while, just sitting around in the sunshine trying to keep warm. It was then decided we'd go to Wiezen's for breakfast. Our breakfast was really tasty and enjoyed by all. We Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 19, 2012
- 17 December 2012Well we woke late this morning and it was still freezing.... After slowly getting up and enjoying the sunshine on the verandah we headed off to Lebistro for breakfast and to get their WiFi code :D. The food there was Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 17, 2012
- 16 December 2012We woke this morning after a little sleep in the airport and decided to get breakfast and find the pool. Breakfast was Subway and with the assistance of airport staff we found the pool on the roof top of terminal Posted by Abbie Pitcher in Nepal | Dec 16, 2012
- PokharaOn Monday we got the bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara, about a seven hour journey. So far we'd only seen busy Kathmandu and the mountains, so it was lovely to see the more rural side of Nepal. Pokhara has been Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 29, 2012
- The long way downI realised I didn't post about the way down from Everest base camp, pretty remiss considering they were some of the best days trekking we had. At the top of Kala Patthar theres only 50% of the oxygen at sea Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 27, 2012
- Nepal photos from MarcusHere are some photos I've taken that I hope capture how amazing Nepal really has been.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 25, 2012
- Kala PattharIt was a 4am start in the dark and the cold so that we could get to the top of Kala Patthar (or Black Rock) for sunrise. Kala Patthar is in a really unique spot – from the top you Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 23, 2012
- Everest Base CampAfter nine days of trekking, we finally made it to Lobuche, our penultimate high camp. Lobuche is another tiny village basically made up of trekking lodges – apparently no one lives there outside of trekking seasons – with amazing views Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 23, 2012
- Trek trekkingEarly on the Saturday morning we set off for Kathmandu airport for our flight to Lukla which is the entry point for all treks in the Everest region (unless you want to add an extra six days to your walk Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 23, 2012
- Kathmandu (eventually)Hi All - sorry for the delay in posting, Himalayan trekking doesn't lend itself to blogging! I still can't get any photos to upload... so here are a few posts without pictures, will try and update with the good stuff Posted by teamgb in Round the world | Nov 23, 2012
- Kathmandu & Summary of NepalAfter relaxing in pokhara, we headed back to kathmandu before leaving for Sumatra. The first time we were in Kathmandu, I wasn’t overly impressed with it but was prepared to give it another chance. We decided this time Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | Nov 22, 2012
- Upsteps, Downsteps & Some White Water RaftingOk so we are still in Pokhara lying about but we haven't been altogether lazy. Since the last post we went on another trek and are just back from two days rafting. I suppose after the issues of Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | Nov 8, 2012
- Leaving NepalDas war beinahe zu kurz für ein Fazit. Im Grunde habe ich Wasser in den Bergen gehabt und Wasser im Munde vor unzähligen Mo:Mos. Dabei sind zwei Städte an mir vorbeigezogen, Pokhara und Kathmandu.
So kann ich wenig über die Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Nov 2, 2012