- Campo Base del Everest - Parte 3Después de cruzar Cho La, llegamos al impresionante valle del Goyko, uno de los lugares más espectaculares de todo el parque. Para empezar, la nevada de la noche anterior había cubierto de blanco el glaciar que teníamos que atravesar ese Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Jun 12, 2013
- HELLO ASIA! :)As you can see, another blog, another place I visited. This was my first stop in Asia, Nepal!!! The flight from Brussels to Nepal, Kathmandu was 17 hour 55 minute flight with a 6 hour 45 minute layover. This long Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- Campo Base del Everest - Parte 2Se cumplía una semana de caminata cuando Phillip y yo retomamos el sendero principal hacia el campo base del Everest. El desvío en Chukhung nos había encantado, además de ayudarnos a aclimatarnos a la altura, y estábamos deseando ver la Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Jun 8, 2013
- Nepal Round upSo Nepal was amazing. The scenery, people and food were all fantastic. I met the most awesome chums and did a load of fun, nailbiting adventurous activities!
We got blessed by a Buddhist monk in Lumbini - the Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 23, 2013
- Campo Base del Everest - Parte 1¿Qué contaros de mis experiencias por la zona del Everest? Me da la sensación de que mi vocabulario no es lo suficientemente extenso para detallaros los impresionantes paisajes que he tenido la ocasión de apreciar en los 19 días de Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | May 31, 2013
- DhulikhelMientras esperaba a que saliera mi vuelo hacia la zona del Everest aproveché para visitar Dhulikhel, con la esperanza de poder ver la cordillera del Himalaya a lo lejos. De nuevo, la suerte no estuvo de mi lado y, a Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | May 29, 2013
- Canyoning down Waterfalls on the side of a mountainNext day we were like 6 boobheads trying to get ourselves together for canyoning. As soon as 4 of us were ready to go, 2 others would have disappeared. SIGH. Eventually we all donned our very unflattering Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 21, 2013
- Rafting class 4+ rapids on the Bhote Kosi River. So obviously the next morning, it's difficult to get Bren out of the bed. Myself and Craig were knockin on his door for 15 minutes, til we realised his door was unlocked. We peeped in and he was Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 20, 2013
- Kathmandu - part 2So just after I bid farewell to Lindsey, I started yapping to a tall Irish guy from Derry called Bren. We had a right good natter - the usual travelling questions - how long ya out for?, where've Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 20, 2013
- KathmanduuuuuWe caught the 7.30am bus to Kathmandu. The trip itself was grand - but the bus was pretty hot and we were kinda stuck to the seats, but it went past fast. I read my ''Into Thin Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 19, 2013
- PokharaNo sólo de montañas se nutre el turista en Nepal y para realizar cualquier tipo de actividad al aire libre no hay un lugar mejor que Pokhara. Situada a 250 kilómetros al oeste de Katmandú, esta ciudad junto a un Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | May 25, 2013
- Trekking - Finishing upNext morning it was up and atom at 5.47am for tea, meditation and yoga. The yoga was a bit better today but there were quite a lot of bugs flying into my eyes and ears determined to break my Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 18, 2013
- Trekking - Day 4 & 5Day 4
Next morning we got up at 5.45am to see the Fishtail Mountain in the sunrise. The lodge had an amazing view and we could see the peaks a little bit through the clouds.
W Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 18, 2013
- Trekking - Day 2 & 3Well it was up and atom at 6am for a mug of herbal tea before meditation and yoga at 6.30am. Myself and Lindsey were late again. :D Despite it only saying 6.20am on our clock, everyone was still Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 16, 2013
- Trekking in the HimalayasSo the day before we were to trek, my stomach wasn't feeling great and my cold had still not gone. I decided to do even less today and just pump myself full of antibiotics and vitamins to try and Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 15, 2013
- PokharaSo on the road to Pokhara we saw some mighty impressive scenery and lovely mountainsides and villages. We stopped to take some pictures and also stopped on the side of the road for some super noodles at a local's Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 14, 2013
- Chitwan National ParkWe arrived to the most beautiful setting in Chitwan, a fantastic wooden lodge perched on the bank of a meandering river. The lodge had plenty of lovely huts surrounded by beautiful gardens full of flowers, swings and hammocks. Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 13, 2013
- NEPALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSo the next morning it was off on our epic 12 hour bus ride to the Nepali border town of Sunauli. The minute we entered Nepal it was a mosquito fest! We couldn't get over it. Within 100 Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 11, 2013
- Shopping in PokharaFirst things first... Money!
Pokhara's lakeside is lined with innumerable ATMs and money changers. But be aware
that most Nepali banks c Posted by sidtim in Wanderlust Me | May 10, 2013
- Campo Base del AnnapurnaTras el merecido descanso en Tatopani, continúe mi ruta por el macizo del Annapurna, que en esta ocasión me llevó hasta el campo base del Annapurna I. En 8 días de caminata pasé por bosques, pequeños pueblos agrícolas y valles Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | May 8, 2013
- Circuito del AnnapurnaResulta realmente complicado resumir más de 3 semanas de trekking en un único post y no os cuento nada sobre elegir entre las más de 1.500 fotos que he hecho por el camino. Para hacerlo un poco más asequible y Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Apr 29, 2013
- Parque Nacional ChitwanEl parque nacional Chitwan se encuentra en el sur de Nepal, en una planicie conocida como Terai. Aunque en mi mente Nepal estaba constituido principalmente por la cordillera del Himalaya, la verdad es que esta fértil llanura ocupa casi todo Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Apr 21, 2013
- On top of the world in Nepal“NAMASTE”. This is probably the first and last word that you will hear and use when you visit Nepal. It means “hello”, “goodbye”, “good morning”, “good afternoon” or “good evening”. This greeting is spoken with the hands together as Posted by slowwalker in Keep walking! | Jul 1, 2008
- NepalKun on unelmoinut jostain paikasta yli vuosikymmenen, on vahva mahdollisuus sille, että odotukset ovat liian korkealla ja pettyy. Nepal osoitti arvonsa ylittämällä päivittäin kaikki odotukset: henkeäsalpaavan upea paikka.
Lykkäsin kohteen lisäämistä bl Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Apr 15, 2013
- Same-same but different, in NepalI first saw the slogan "Same-Same but Different" on tourist t-shirts in Cambodia and it has stuck. In all travels, I inevitably compare the new country to home and undoubtedly find its "SSBD"
"Same-Same but Different", in Nepal
[b]SSBD #1 Tr Posted by sidtim in Wanderlust Me | Apr 13, 2013