- Jomsom to PokharaWe left the guest house early and Trevor walked with us to the airport before saying farewell. He carried on walking to the very end of the circuit and to do Annapurna base camp too.
Claire and I both got Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Muktihnath to JomsomHad a chilled out morning, it was my last day of walking and last day together as the three of us. We had an Amazing breaky at the bob Marley guest house, I decided to treat my self with a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Throngla Pass - High Camp to MuktihnathWoke up at 5am couldn't sleep I'd had trouble breathing over night cause I was all congested and I was really hot and sweaty and had had to shed my layers in the middle of the night. We all got Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Letdar to High CampFelt sick, i think im coming down with the flu. Left Letdar and went super slow feeling congested and light headed. Was worried I had altitude sickness but did just feel flu-ie. on our way to Thorong-la Phedi we came Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Bhraka to LetdarToday we left Bhraka for the home stretch to the pass. Most people were heading to Yakkhatia for the night at 4000 but we were thinking it would be worth going one further to Latder at 4200.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/BraghaLetdar_01.j Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Ice LakeWe needed to stay a day in Bhraka to acclimatise and there are a number of day trips you can do from here. We decided to go up to the ice lake which is 4600 and was supposed to be Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Upper Pisang to BhrakaWe woke up at the normal time but we were undecided as to the plan for the day. The weather has not been great and there has been lots of snow so the pass hasn't been open and now there Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Chame to Upper PisangApparently alot of the guest houses are filling up, especially further up. The guide of two English brothers we met in our guest house last night kindly phoned ahead and booked us a room.
Today was a hard day mentally for Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Darapani to ChameClaire was feeling unwell as she had been up all night, not sure if it was something she ate. But decided to join us still and try and get to the next village. We registered our trekking permits and then Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Chamje to DarapaniHad breakfast early and walked through Chamje and across the river. We continued along the river to Tul where we stopped for a cup of tea and Claire had an apple pie which was really nice. The track had a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Bhulbule to ChamgjeHad an early breakfast so we could get an early start. I had ordered porridge but it was rice porridge which even the thought of makes me sick. at least I had also ordered boiled eggs that I was going Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Kathmandu to BhulbuleGot up early for the bus, we had to be there for 6:30 but we didn't end up leaving till about 7:30 and we made two stops before actually leaving, the second stop was for a flat tyre, not a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 5Had a relaxed morning and them headed to find somewhere for laundry again but still had no luck cause of festival so ill have dirty clothes for the hike. I went to the cafe to do blog stuff but they Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 4Trevor and I went to the tourist board as soon as they opened to get our permits and TIMS cards that we needed for the trek. They weren't open on saturday and because of the festival they had limited hours Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 3Updated my blog in the morning again I really want to get as up to date as I can so when I get back from trekking I'm not too far behind.
Trevor and i had to change hostels as Alobar1000 Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 2Spent the morning updating my blog again. Trevor arrived at about lunch time and we went for a walk around Thamel. Well, we had lunch and then took a leisurely stroll not really looking at anything touristy. It is festival Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 28, 2013
- Booze and flying shamans... down to JomsomThe next day we parted company with the German couple and walked to the villages of Jhong and Jharkot as a scenic route to Kagbeni. As we drew away, the pass we had conquered became ever clearer, a dip between Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Oct 28, 2013
- Rest DayUsed Internet to update blog and didn't leave the hostel till dinner. It was nice to have a rest and chill out. I feel like I've just been go go go and I need a few days of doing nothing.
Met Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 27, 2013
- Napali Winter..Ik denk niet dat ik me ooit gerealiseerd heb wat het betekend dat we in Nederland overal verwarming hebben. Ik bedoel, je gaat de deur uit en doet je jas aan, muts op, handschoenen aan en das om maar als Posted by Willemijn v Kol in *Willem in Nepal* | Dec 22, 2013
- The Pass of DOOM... Yak Kharka to RanipauwaAnd after that night, we started out again from Yak Kharka to Thorung Phedi – Phedi meaning 'foot of the mountain', and as the name implies, traditionally the last stop before the pass. (There is one other possible stop beyond, Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Oct 26, 2013
- 48 hours bed ridden in Kathmandu My head is pounding, throat scratchy, eyes are watering, I can no longer smell the dollop of tiger balm under my plugged nose and i have been lying awake for over an hour tossing in my bed clearly listening to Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 11, 2013
- Manang to Yak Kharka, with panicThe next step turned out to be Yak Kharka... a slow and difficult step.
The day after our Ice Lake adventure, we took our time deciding about whether to go on, or whether to give our bodies another day to Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Oct 22, 2013
- How to track us while we are TrekkingNamaste friends...
Our trek to [[http://www.worldexpeditions.com/ca/index.php?section=trips&id=27|everest base camp]] is fast approaching and other then Amanda and I both becoming ill with combinations of throat virus, food poisoning and a cold we are Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 9, 2013
- Kathmandu - our first 24 hours We all experience first impressions! They usually determine the outcome of a friendship, job interview, the purchase of a home and sometimes an indication of quality travel to a new country. When our plane landed in Kathmandu (KTM) some Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 8, 2013
- The Adventure BeginsToday, December 4th, 2013, is the big day that we have been gearing up for! Almost two years ago we started talks of our next big adventure and it feels amazing for all our planning, research and efforts to finally Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 5, 2013