- Pretty Perfect PokharaWe arrived in Pokhara after a week of farming, getting chased by rhinos and treacherously hot weather. It was definitely a welcomed change. We were fed up of Daal Bhat for every meal and ready to be tourists again. We Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Apr 28, 2014
- Chitwan, NepalThe main reason we went to Chitwan was to volunteer on a small "eco farm" in this tiny little village called Maghauli.
We arrived from Kathmandu by taking one tourist bus that dropped us into Narayanghat where we was abruptly dropped Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Apr 28, 2014
- Everest Base Camp - how do you choose a Trekking OperatorRecently, we completed a 22 day tour beginning and ending in Kathmandu, Nepal with an 18 day trek in between. I am also basing this tour at the very end of high season as it was from December 13 to Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Apr 27, 2014
- A border away but a world apart
Namaste from Nepal!
Albeit ready, we were both a little sad to be leaving India. Expectations of Nepal were that it wouldn't be far off the Indian culture. Its only a 2 hour flight away, Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Apr 17, 2014
- Trekking in the Everest Region - The Khumbu[center]Survived the bus trip back to Kathmandu from Pokhara. Relatively quick trip back at seven hours. It was Holi (Hindu festival of colour) so seemed to be less traffic on the road, although the bus was pelleted by water bombs Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Apr 7, 2014
- Nepal trip review• Nepal is budget friendly place. We visited Kathmandu in October 2008 from Dubai. But we went during an Eid break and had taken a package tour (flight plus accommodation in a 5 star hotel). Eid breaks are like peak Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 29, 2014
- Rafting in River Trishuli, NepalNepal is blessed with nature, lush greenery all round, gushing rivers flowing from the high mountains. Just drive out of the valley and you are transported into another world. The best way to experience the nature, is to take up Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 23, 2014
- Trekking To NepalThis trip is one of the famous and comfortable adventure trekking tours in Nepal. You will have for nature tour in Pokhara and culture tour in Kathmandu. During this trek you will have an opportunity to observe the nature beauty, Posted by Nepal Adventure in Trekking To Nepal | Mar 20, 2014
- Mountain Flight to Everest!For those who cannot climb the Everest, now you can fly to the Mount Everest. We were choosing a destination for a vacation when I saw the above tagline on one of the airline website and that was it, we Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 19, 2014
- Shiva is een stoner en meer ongeinMet de rode kleurstof nog in mijn oren zit ik, met twee ramen tegen elkaar opengezet voor ventilatie (want ja zo warm is het nu al en het is nog niet eens echt lente), vol schaamte mijn blog te schrijven Posted by Willemijn v Kol in *Willem in Nepal* | Mar 17, 2014
- Durbar Square Stories, KathmanduWe were at Durbar Square in Kathmandu late in the evening. The noise, the crowd, the frenzy of people around was overwhelming and we were two tired tourists. We had been touring all day visiting the famous tourist attractions of Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 15, 2014
- Annapurna Base Camp[center]Back in Pokhara after a great trip up to the Annapurna Base Camp and return.
Started with about a 200km bus trip between Kathmandu and Pokhara which took just over 8 hours. The first 4 hours saw us cover about 50km. Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Mar 15, 2014
- Things to do in Kathmandu
We had a packed day of sightseeing in Kathmandu. We started at Pashupathi Natha Temple. It is an active temple (as in not in ruins) and so only Hindus are allowed to enter the temple. It Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 11, 2014
- Nepal, via Pokhara nach Kathmandu
Unser weiterer Weg führte uns durch atemberaubende Gegenden und einsame Bergsiedlungen und obwohl die Distanzen in diesem kleinen Land auf der Karte eigentlich recht unspektakulär wirkten Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Feb 6, 2014
- Tal, Annapurna Circuit, Nepal
Welcome sign to Tal: A heartly welcome to all visitors from the CPN (Communist Party of Nepal) Maoist Committee.
Just outside the village Kani, two young Tibetan girls feed a horse o Posted by Shantitraveler in Shanti Travels | Feb 4, 2014
- Nepal, Chitwan NP
Unsere nächste Station sollte der Chitwan Nationalpark sein. Doch diese liebenswürdigen Artgenossen trafen wir bereits unterwegs auf freier Wildbahn!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by daria-unterwegs in Auf nach Asien | Jan 30, 2014
- Goodbye NepalOn January 10th we left Nepal after spending a bit more than a month there. It was a bone jarring 11 hour drive from Lumbini in Nepal (where Buddha was born) to the holy city of Varanasi in India. Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jan 14, 2014
- Lumbini... Exit Nepal, Enter IndiaI met my first mosquito of travelling in Lumbini. Despite this introduction, Lumbini was... cute. It was mainly one street, down which, thanks to Diwali, children cavorted with fire-crackers to a backdrop like an overenthusiastic Christmas market - differ Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 5, 2013
- Sunset hours in Nepali village [center][/center]
Dal plants with little yellow buds cover the field out front. The field gradually slopes into the buffalo watering hole. Goats bleat loudly nearby, at times s Posted by Shantitraveler in Shanti Travels | Jan 11, 2014
- Utter Bloody ConfusionUtter Bloody Confusion (wat zich in het Nederlands vrij vertaald als absolute verwarring) verwijst naar de staat van zijn die je ieder moment kan overvallen in het dagelijks leven van Dhading Besi. Ik hoop dat ik door het hier opvolgende Posted by Willemijn v Kol in *Willem in Nepal* | Jan 7, 2014
- Pokhara (and Kathmandu again!)The traditional end to any trek involves a series of nightmare bus journeys, right? Jomsom-Ghasa-Beni-Pokhara, where we spent one night in an overly posh hotel I felt too dirty to be in, and then back to Kathmandu. All thanks to Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 4, 2013
- Everest Day 0I decided last week to go on a vacation to the sunny beaches of the Solukhumbu region of Nepal. Why Solukhumbu? Solukhumbu has Sherpas and Rai, rural trails, and yaks. Solukhumbu has Everest; Sagarmatha, the mother goddess of the world, Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Dec 15, 2013
- Varanassi Day 3I had a little lie-in till about 8am as my walking tour didn't start till 10, so got up slowly and had a relaxed breaky before leaving the hotel and catching a rick shaw down to Assi ghat to to Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 31, 2013
- My Everest FamilyBefore I get into some detail regarding our 18 day Goyko Ri & Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek I'd first like to introduce you to my Trekking 'Family'. When you spend close to 24 hrs / day for 22 Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 31, 2013
- Kathmandu Bus Station[center][/center]
Men stand with arms crossed outside the row of parked buses at Kathmandu’s Gongabu Bus Station. The occasional figure smokes a cigarette. Time pass.
Buses toot their horns Posted by Shantitraveler in Shanti Travels | Dec 30, 2013