- Goodbye NepalOn January 10th we left Nepal after spending a bit more than a month there. It was a bone jarring 11 hour drive from Lumbini in Nepal (where Buddha was born) to the holy city of Varanasi in India. Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jan 14, 2014
- Lumbini... Exit Nepal, Enter IndiaI met my first mosquito of travelling in Lumbini. Despite this introduction, Lumbini was... cute. It was mainly one street, down which, thanks to Diwali, children cavorted with fire-crackers to a backdrop like an overenthusiastic Christmas market - differ Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 5, 2013
- Sunset hours in Nepali village [center][/center]
Dal plants with little yellow buds cover the field out front. The field gradually slopes into the buffalo watering hole. Goats bleat loudly nearby, at times s Posted by Shantitraveler in Shanti Travels | Jan 11, 2014
- Utter Bloody ConfusionUtter Bloody Confusion (wat zich in het Nederlands vrij vertaald als absolute verwarring) verwijst naar de staat van zijn die je ieder moment kan overvallen in het dagelijks leven van Dhading Besi. Ik hoop dat ik door het hier opvolgende Posted by Willemijn v Kol in *Willem in Nepal* | Jan 7, 2014
- Pokhara (and Kathmandu again!)The traditional end to any trek involves a series of nightmare bus journeys, right? Jomsom-Ghasa-Beni-Pokhara, where we spent one night in an overly posh hotel I felt too dirty to be in, and then back to Kathmandu. All thanks to Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 4, 2013
- Everest Day 0I decided last week to go on a vacation to the sunny beaches of the Solukhumbu region of Nepal. Why Solukhumbu? Solukhumbu has Sherpas and Rai, rural trails, and yaks. Solukhumbu has Everest; Sagarmatha, the mother goddess of the world, Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Dec 15, 2013
- Varanassi Day 3I had a little lie-in till about 8am as my walking tour didn't start till 10, so got up slowly and had a relaxed breaky before leaving the hotel and catching a rick shaw down to Assi ghat to to Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 31, 2013
- My Everest FamilyBefore I get into some detail regarding our 18 day Goyko Ri & Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek I'd first like to introduce you to my Trekking 'Family'. When you spend close to 24 hrs / day for 22 Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 31, 2013
- Kathmandu Bus Station[center][/center]
Men stand with arms crossed outside the row of parked buses at Kathmandu’s Gongabu Bus Station. The occasional figure smokes a cigarette. Time pass.
Buses toot their horns Posted by Shantitraveler in Shanti Travels | Dec 30, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 4Today I got up and went and sorted out sending my pack back home. Ive kinda been avoiding it but it'll be worth it having one or two less things to carry, plus it means i can send the cute Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 3Went to the garden of dreams in the morning after collecting my laundry... I love clean clothes, it's so exciting. The garden of dreams was lovely and peaceful like a little oasis but it was only small and so i Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 2I woke up early the try and get a jump on my organising. I had tried booking my flight to India yesterday afternoon, many times but the Internet was too slow. Unfortunately now all the flights before Friday the first Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Kathmandu Day 1Fiona and Johnny had emailed late last night once they arrived back in Kathmandu and we arranged to meet up tonight, which will be nice. I got up early had some breaky and then headed to the Chinese visa office. Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Pokhara to KathmanduHad a really nice hot shower and packed my bag to leave. Claire and I said our farewells and then I caught a taxi to the bus station. I bought a chocolate pastry and two hard boiled eggs for breaky Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Jomsom to PokharaWe left the guest house early and Trevor walked with us to the airport before saying farewell. He carried on walking to the very end of the circuit and to do Annapurna base camp too.
Claire and I both got Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Muktihnath to JomsomHad a chilled out morning, it was my last day of walking and last day together as the three of us. We had an Amazing breaky at the bob Marley guest house, I decided to treat my self with a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Throngla Pass - High Camp to MuktihnathWoke up at 5am couldn't sleep I'd had trouble breathing over night cause I was all congested and I was really hot and sweaty and had had to shed my layers in the middle of the night. We all got Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Letdar to High CampFelt sick, i think im coming down with the flu. Left Letdar and went super slow feeling congested and light headed. Was worried I had altitude sickness but did just feel flu-ie. on our way to Thorong-la Phedi we came Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Bhraka to LetdarToday we left Bhraka for the home stretch to the pass. Most people were heading to Yakkhatia for the night at 4000 but we were thinking it would be worth going one further to Latder at 4200.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/BraghaLetdar_01.j Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Ice LakeWe needed to stay a day in Bhraka to acclimatise and there are a number of day trips you can do from here. We decided to go up to the ice lake which is 4600 and was supposed to be Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Upper Pisang to BhrakaWe woke up at the normal time but we were undecided as to the plan for the day. The weather has not been great and there has been lots of snow so the pass hasn't been open and now there Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Chame to Upper PisangApparently alot of the guest houses are filling up, especially further up. The guide of two English brothers we met in our guest house last night kindly phoned ahead and booked us a room.
Today was a hard day mentally for Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 30, 2013
- Darapani to ChameClaire was feeling unwell as she had been up all night, not sure if it was something she ate. But decided to join us still and try and get to the next village. We registered our trekking permits and then Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Chamje to DarapaniHad breakfast early and walked through Chamje and across the river. We continued along the river to Tul where we stopped for a cup of tea and Claire had an apple pie which was really nice. The track had a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013
- Bhulbule to ChamgjeHad an early breakfast so we could get an early start. I had ordered porridge but it was rice porridge which even the thought of makes me sick. at least I had also ordered boiled eggs that I was going Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Dec 29, 2013