- Amsterdam - Day 4We awoke to dark skies, and the threat of rain. Sadly, the last two days of beautiful weather will be a memory, as forecasts predict that the weather will become progressively worse until our departure.
Cynthia arrived this morning, and Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Aug 31, 2015
- We don't care what city we land in, let's just get there!
So we decided to hedge our bets and head over to the Amsterdam departure gate and see if our odds were any better than the Paris flight. We were excited to hear that Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- Day 18We had a good overnight journey from Munich to Utrecht. We were relieved to find no terrorists onboard considering the amount of dodgy people hanging around the station. The scariest thing was the female ticket inspector who barged into our Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- Amsterdam - Day 3This morning, we decided to venture beyond Amsterdam and see a bit more of Holland. We took the local bus and went to Zaanse Schans (which, to my New England friends, is the Sturbridge Villlage of the Netherlands). Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Aug 30, 2015
- Amsterdam - Day 2After breakfast, we walked to the Anne Frank house. Fortunately, we had purchased timed tickets online, because the line was not to be believed. (Apparently, a two hour wait is not unusual). Photos are not allowed within Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Aug 29, 2015
- Amsterdam - Day 1We started our journey to Amsterdam with a car trip to Edison, NJ. Our brother-in-Law, Ron, was kind enough to drive us to Newark airport for our 6 PM flight. Relative to our experiences at PHL, Newark is Posted by Cybercsp in Crystal Cruise - Amsterdam to New York | Aug 27, 2015
- Amsterdam board ship day 4Another great day. John and Barry went to get my camera fixed while Marjolein and I went exploring.
We went to a house where girls wanted to do work like nuns but not live like nuns. The house is Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 15, 2015
- Amsterdam Day 3Very busy and interesting day.
A bit of drizzle today but pleasent day. Quite hot and warm evening. Went on a bus trip today visited windmills,
cheese factory, Marken fishing village, Volendam.
Really green countryside. There are small channels ev Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 14, 2015
- Day 2Had a good day in Amsterdam. We have visited the Van Gogh museum and just had fish and chips by a canal. Now off to the station to find the train to Zurich. Peter Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 14, 2015
- Amsterdam Day 2What a great day. Left Amsterdam by train at 9.08 am, after a great breakfast, for Maastrict. We travelled past canals and green pastures. Reminded me of Cristchurch driving to Darfield.
Such a hot day around 30degrees. We met Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 13, 2015
- Relaxing in BussumSpent a lovely few days relaxing with Liz, Fraser and the boys. Harry is almost 7 and Austin is 4 so it was a bit noisy at times but it was lovely to see them when they were in cahoots, Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 13, 2015
- Amsterdam Day 1Arrived safe and sound. Some of us had a great sleep on the plane. Great flights although bumpy from Brisbane to Singapore. Food was amazing.
After dropping our bags to the hotel we walked to check out central station for our Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 12, 2015
- The Big MoveMy husband and I have been wanting and asking for an expat assignment for going on a decade. We were finally fortunate to be given one, and to a wonderful country at that! The Netherlands!!! Brett's company Posted by Traveling Mama in From Here to There | Aug 11, 2015
- Straight On at the RoundaboutMonday morning was a bit of sad start to the day as the Trans Am group were all splitting up to go their separate ways. Jonathan and I were the last to leave as we had a leisurely 250 Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 7, 2015
- Start zur letzten Etappe AMS-CGN
Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jul 23, 2015
- Last Day in The Netherlands Today was a relaxing day, which I think we needed. I finally woke up Grant just after 11. He has been wiped out. I planned some down time in Belgium, but with another travel day tomorrow...I didn't Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 20, 2015
- SundayJust like Jesus intended, on the 7th day we rested.
Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 19, 2015
- Amsterdam Today we headed into Amsterdam. We are liking the Netherlands a lot, but I will say I enjoyed running in Edinburgh more than Haarlem. This is biking territory, so the streets are not really set up for even Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 19, 2015
- CheesemastersI am Cheese Master Lauren. It's official, here is my certificate:
We went t Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 18, 2015
- Haarlem After a delay at the airport, we have settled in quite comfortably in Haarlem. Wow. I must say our apartment is awesome. The first floor is a "by appointment" art gallery...and they will not be open during Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 18, 2015
- Trust to Troost"Come as you are, pay as you feel." It's a cafè across the street from our place. It intrigues us. Their menu has no prices. Sit, enjoy, and pay what you feel. We felt that since our Senseo Strong coffee Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 17, 2015
- Sex, Drugs and Terrible Street PerformersWe arrived in Amsterdam yesterday night and after checking into our apartment we went out briefly to look for a place to eat. Within minutes we noticed how prevalent the smell of pot is when you walk around and Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 17, 2015
- wigs and coffeeWhen your front door opens up to this:
it's near impossible to start your d Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 15, 2015
- We're locals, we each have cheese in our pocketsMike's Bike Tour: Countryside
+/- 4 hrs
Pete was our guide and Green Miles and Marge were our bikes. (shout out to Nana Marge!)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/A6B5E7ABA22435151088276B8ED15726.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 14, 2015
- red light specialSo that's why they left us ear plugs! The Albert Cuyp market sets up every morning, just in front of our front door. The set up can easily wake someone from a deep slumber. Hence, the ear plugs.
Today's Fitbit read: Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 12, 2015