- Transport woes: end of Europe civilisation as we know it?You know what I said about trains in this part of the world always running to the second? Well, cancel that. Put it right out of your mind. Done. Finished. When returning to my lovey in Utrecht from Nivelles yesterday Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 3, 2015
- Amsterdam SchipholWaiting for Flight DL0141 Posted by corth in Travel New York to Savannah | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 9 (well, I think so anyway). UtrechtIt's over a week since I have been in a car and it feels perfectly natural. It even feels natural riding on the right hand side of the cycle track although I suspect that if I got behind a wheel Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 28, 2015
- Days 6 and 7, UtrechtArriving in Utrecht was like a 2nd homecoming in Holland - we have stayed there with Emmy's sister and brother-in-law,
Jolanda and Jeroen, several times and have happy memories. Amsterdam to me is the narrow, busy streets with the lovely Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 26, 2015
- Day 19 Wednesday. Amsterdam 🇳🇱Our "hop on hop off" pass was good until noon today so we hopped on the first boat which is almost in front of our Hotel and the three of us were off again. This time we stopped at the Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 24, 2015
- Day 18 Tuesday. Amsterdam Only 6.3 km today and that's because we took a hop on hop off Canal Cruise today. We hopped off in the museum district and went to the Rijks Museum. Our intent was to make two other stops but Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 24, 2015
- Crossing the road video - a dangeous exercise. Subscribe?Here's the video I mentioned about Amsterdam street crossings. Watch the whole thing - it's at th end it gets really haywire: [[http://youtu.be/drfBGFQzOf0]]
Hey, if you subscribe to this blog you'll get notification whenever I add a new entry. Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 4: AmsterdamYou take your life in your hands every time you step out of the door here. Most streets in central Amsterdam are narrow - wide enough for one car. But there aren't many of those (cars). The main threat is Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 23, 2015
- A jigsaw puzzle of a town
As a boundary freak, I knew that I had to visit [[https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Baarle-Nassau|Baarle-Nassau]] on this trip.
A 2 country selfie:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 17 Monday. AmsterdamOMG. I've never seen so many people and bicycles. We are staying in Amsterdam Central between the train station and the metros. They are all electric so the noise is not as bad as one would expect, although our Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 23, 2015
- Road Trip (Part 1)The countdown has been on since we left Australia after Christmas for the Easter holidays, when Mum and Dad would be coming to visit us again in Dusseldorf. Their trip flew them into Amsterdam, where they arrived 2 days Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 22, 2015
- De Nacht van Gulpen[[http://www.nachtvangulpen.nl|The Nacht van Gulpen]] is an annual walking event in the small Dutch city of Gulpen. Me and about one thousand crazy Dutchmen spent all night and the next morning walking through the nearby countryside, covering 70km from 10 Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 22, 2015
- Day 2: Yay! We are in AmsterdamWe won't dwell on the 2nd leg of the flight. Suffice it to say that it passed fairly quickly as we both spent a lot of time in zzzzzzz land. It was just lovely to arrive in Holland (at 5:45am). Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 21, 2015
- From Valkenburg to Maastricht and GulpenTo make a long story short, we finished our hike and spent the night in Maastricht. Then today we took the bus to Vaals, Netherlands.
In this town, Germany is just across the street!
Th Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 20, 2015
- From Sittard to ValkenburgWe are getting tired of walking...
Rather large trees in the forests here.
It is asparagus season until June 24th (very spe Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 18, 2015
- From Montfort to SittardToday's walk crossed an international border. I wanted to take a picture for you, my faithful blog reader, but there was nothing to see. Not a sign that we were in Germany except that the license plates on the cars Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 18, 2015
- AmsterdamNoor and I got to Amsterdam pretty late on June 3rd, so we didn't have time to do much other than check in to the hostel and grab dinner. We decided that after our late night last night giving Colby Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 17, 2015
- From Asselts to MontfortGiseon and I walked about 20km along the Pieterspad today, from about 10:30 in the morning till 5:00 in the evening. The path avoids towns and sticks to the countryside. Unlike the dairy farms we see near Amsterdam, here the Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 16, 2015
- AND THE WHEELS KEEP ON TURNING!
===Thursday 4th June 2015 (day thirty-one)===
Oostkappelle to Groede 23km
Last night it was freezing cold in the tent! We woke to a beautiful blue sky all suffering from a cold or snore interrupted sleep.
[ Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 16, 2015
- ON OUR BIKES, ON THE DYKES!
===Monday 1st June 2015 (day twenty-eight)===
Rotterdam to Brielle 34km
We all woke up fairly early this morning, excitement? I think not, more like nervous Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 15, 2015
- We cross the countryAfter a complementary breakfast at our hotel...
Giseon and I crossed the country by train to the town of Asselts.
We are staying at a very nice B&B
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 15, 2015
- WaterlandToday Giseon and I rented some bikes and headed north of Amsterdam to ride through the countryside. We rode on dikes by the sea, and also between dairy farms.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 14, 2015
- My Independence Bridge
We hopped on a train to the city of Amsterdam. Despite the overwhelming heat and crowdedness of the city, I felt the freedom and independence that I been thirsting for, this was the summer of Posted by halleychoy in Studying Abroad in Kenya | Jun 14, 2015
- Enjoying Amsterdam!
This is the view out of our hotel window. We are right on the canal and last night there was a lot of partying going on outside. Also, there is a marijuana cafe right by the hotel, and the sme Posted by schmu in Netherlands | Jun 13, 2015
- A DAY IN WITH THE MILLS AND A DAY IN THE RAIN.===Saturday 30th May 2015 (day twenty-six)===
What better place to go and test ride our bikes than to Kinderdijk to cycle amoung the windmills.
[i][center]Kinderdijk windmills: unique & iconic water management
A significant part of Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 11, 2015