- Last Day in AmsterdamWe were excited for today because it was supposed to be the best weather for our entire time in Amsterdam! We woke up around 9:45 and enjoyed laying in bed catching up with current events. However, we were quite startled Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 25, 2014
- Another Grey Day in AmsterdamOur morning technically started off with tutu calling us at 1:00am to go over travel accommodations! She found an apartment in Brussels that had to be booked ASAP, but she wanted to check with us first. Eventually I woke up Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 24, 2014
- The Anne Frank House MuseumWe got up before the sunrise today at 7:30 with the intention of heading to the Anne Frank house and possibly one other museum. We both had our morning coffee before leaving for the museum around 8:20. We had a Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 23, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineOur final day aboard AMACello was spent cruising the canal to Amsterdam, followed by a canal cruise and city tour. Amsterdam is the largest city in Holland with almost 800,000 people living within the city limits. In addition Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 22, 2014
- Another Chilly Day in AmsterdamToday we were planning on going to the Rijks Museum, but it was still pouring when we woke up! We tried to wait out the storm but it was still raining at 13:00! We passed the time watching cooking episodes Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 22, 2014
- Rainy Day in Amsterdam We woke up this morning to pouring rains and howling winds. It rained for the majority of the day but we still tried to not let it interfere with us enjoying the city we are staying in. We woke up Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 21, 2014
- Travel Day: Berlin to AmsterdamWe woke up early this morning to make sure that we would have plenty of time to find something to eat. We got out of bed at 6:30 and finished up some last minute packing and cleaning before we headed Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 20, 2014
- 5 Days in Amsterdam5 days in Amsterdam just flew by! It’s an amazing city and it took us quite awhile to get our bearings. (Maybe we're not quite as adventurous as we used to be??) The city is very densely populated, with Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 17, 2014
- Turned Out Nice AgainIt's dry and 18 degrees, just a short hop onto the motorway after fuelling up.
The roads are clear, dry and we can get going, 460km to cover to get to the ferry.
Our first stop after an hour or so, Joey Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 13, 2014
[i][center]Amsterdam, or the city where a lot of French people just go to smoke which is illegal in France.
But , it's actually more than that,it's such a nice city ,really safe where peopl Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Sep 13, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - AmsterdamSince arriving in Amsterdam we definitely saw a lot of variety and opposites in cuisine. There is cuisine from all over the world. The biggest noticeable thing was the amount of deep fried American food (and frites stores) and Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Amsterdam So we have just spent the last four days in Amsterdam. Another place where Lewis claims...I could live here. lol
Its been a nice amount of downtime for us after a hectic Paris week.
Our time in Amsterdam has been Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Netherlands: Amsterdam: Cheesy Bikes Along the WaterwaysAfter a little confusion and a lot of euros we managed to make our way from the Hook of Holland into Amsterdam. The train ticket machines take only Euro coins! They don’t currently take US credit cards which is Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 12, 2014
- Getting readyAfter a long period of extensive preparations, I'm at the point where I can say:" I'm ready to go! It where 5 intensive days :)".
My list of facebook friends has been extended to all who have shown interest in my Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 7, 2014
- AmsterdamAmsterdam .....Tuesday 26/8/14 ...arrived late afternoon from Ghent in Belgium, & found our way to a parking station at the 1928 Olympic Stadium, as a car is unnecessary in Amsterdam - bikes rule !!!!!
Really dangerous city for pedestrians, as push Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- Week 7 Monday, August 4th, 2014:
Ashima's Birthday!! She turned 21 today so we went out for dinner in Brighton with a few of her close friends!
We went to an Indian restaurant and surprisingly, it was pretty delicious! We then went Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Aug 31, 2014
- Time to keep my PromiseAs 2013 turned into 2014 I was one of many to make some new year’s resolutions. One of them was the promise to myself to quit my job and leave everything behind..
In one week.. I’ll be fulfilling that promise. Posted by priscillaflohr in A Vida Portuguesa | Aug 29, 2014
- science experiments In Amsterdam, Holland, doing science experiments at the Nemo Science Centre -similar to Questacon in Canberra. We thought we would spend a couple of hours there & ended up leaving after 4 hrs !!!!!! It was so much fun. Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- The City for Solo TravellersNetherlands
The final leg of my 5-weeks work/play trip to Europe, and Netherlands was a 2 day stop for me. Amsterdam especially is great as I took a quick free tour around the city. Of course, I had to tip our Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014
- Days Full of JetlagWe got a late start on Tuesday…a very late start. We woke up around 2 p.m. and realized we wasted our entire day. We went to a café across the street to grab some food. Then, because Jordan and I Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 17, 2014
- The Netherlands8/1 – 8/7 Utrecht/Amsterdam
After I took the train down to Amsterdam, I met up with my friend Dawkins from UCLA and we took the train into the small city of Utrecht just outside of Amsterdam. We couchsurfed there with two Posted by cutler.claire in Calico Dreamin' | Aug 15, 2014
- So much more than coffee shops and the Red Light DistrictFunnily enough this isn't my first rodeo in Amsterdam, so to speak. This will now have been my third time, which unless you frequent the activities that it is known for, it seems a tad excessive. Not to say I Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Aug 12, 2014
- Nine weeks left to go.....
I hope this works properly... Posted by Englishmanindam in Van Amsterdam to.... | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 2 Arriving In HollandArrived a little late in Amsterdam. Sent a message to Coby to say I had landed. Posted by Ratherbesailing in Holiday 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- Day 62 - HaarlemA fantastic day today! We hired bikes from the campground office and cycled into Haarlem. The ride took us about 45 minutes to the town centre. It was a great ride through a golf course and country side where the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 7, 2014