- Turned Out Nice AgainIt's dry and 18 degrees, just a short hop onto the motorway after fuelling up.
The roads are clear, dry and we can get going, 460km to cover to get to the ferry.
Our first stop after an hour or so, Joey Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 13, 2014
- AmsterdamAmsterdam, or the city where a lot of French people just go to smoke which is illegal in France.
But , it's actually more than that,it's such a nice city ,really safe where people are really friendly and helpfull.
I've been the Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Sep 13, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - AmsterdamSince arriving in Amsterdam we definitely saw a lot of variety and opposites in cuisine. There is cuisine from all over the world. The biggest noticeable thing was the amount of deep fried American food (and frites stores) and Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Amsterdam So we have just spent the last four days in Amsterdam. Another place where Lewis claims...I could live here. lol
Its been a nice amount of downtime for us after a hectic Paris week.
Our time in Amsterdam has been Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Netherlands: Amsterdam: Cheesy Bikes Along the WaterwaysAfter a little confusion and a lot of euros we managed to make our way from the Hook of Holland into Amsterdam. The train ticket machines take only Euro coins! They don’t currently take US credit cards which is Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 12, 2014
- Getting readyAfter a long period of extensive preparations, I'm at the point where I can say:" I'm ready to go! It where 5 intensive days :)".
My list of facebook friends has been extended to all who have shown interest in my Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 7, 2014
- AmsterdamAmsterdam .....Tuesday 26/8/14 ...arrived late afternoon from Ghent in Belgium, & found our way to a parking station at the 1928 Olympic Stadium, as a car is unnecessary in Amsterdam - bikes rule !!!!!
Really dangerous city for pedestrians, as push Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- Week 7 Monday, August 4th, 2014:
Ashima's Birthday!! She turned 21 today so we went out for dinner in Brighton with a few of her close friends!
We went to an Indian restaurant and surprisingly, it was pretty delicious! We then went Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Aug 31, 2014
- Time to keep my PromiseAs 2013 turned into 2014 I was one of many to make some new year’s resolutions. One of them was the promise to myself to quit my job and leave everything behind..
In one week.. I’ll be fulfilling that promise. Posted by priscillaflohr in A Vida Portuguesa | Aug 29, 2014
- science experiments In Amsterdam, Holland, doing science experiments at the Nemo Science Centre -similar to Questacon in Canberra. We thought we would spend a couple of hours there & ended up leaving after 4 hrs !!!!!! It was so much fun. Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- The City for Solo TravellersNetherlands
The final leg of my 5-weeks work/play trip to Europe, and Netherlands was a 2 day stop for me. Amsterdam especially is great as I took a quick free tour around the city. Of course, I had to tip our Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014
- Days Full of JetlagWe got a late start on Tuesday…a very late start. We woke up around 2 p.m. and realized we wasted our entire day. We went to a café across the street to grab some food. Then, because Jordan and I Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 17, 2014
- The Netherlands8/1 – 8/7 Utrecht/Amsterdam
After I took the train down to Amsterdam, I met up with my friend Dawkins from UCLA and we took the train into the small city of Utrecht just outside of Amsterdam. We couchsurfed there with two Posted by cutler.claire in Calico Dreamin' | Aug 15, 2014
- So much more than coffee shops and the Red Light DistrictFunnily enough this isn't my first rodeo in Amsterdam, so to speak. This will now have been my third time, which unless you frequent the activities that it is known for, it seems a tad excessive. Not to say I Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Aug 12, 2014
- Nine weeks left to go.....
I hope this works properly... Posted by Englishmanindam in Van Amsterdam to.... | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 2 Arriving In HollandArrived a little late in Amsterdam. Sent a message to Coby to say I had landed. Posted by Ratherbesailing in Holiday 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- Day 62 - HaarlemA fantastic day today! We hired bikes from the campground office and cycled into Haarlem. The ride took us about 45 minutes to the town centre. It was a great ride through a golf course and country side where the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Dutch photosWhile in Volendam we did a really touristy thing and dressed up in Dutch clothes! It was alot of fun. Goodness knows how people wore clogs. I found one foot was larger than the other, and as clogs do not Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Day 60 - VolendamAfter sleeping in and making some cut lunches we set off to Volendam. We all really enjoyed the drive there as the scenery and country is just so different with canals and raised bridges, a lot of wind turbines and Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- AmsterdamOur first full day in Europe. Natalia and I slept relatively well, only waking up at 1:30, 5, and then finally 7 -- jet lag can be a bitch. When I decided that 7 was the latest I could sleep Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 5, 2014
- AmsterdamWe flew out on Thursday July 31 from Stansted Airport to Amsterdam with Easyjet and it's incredible how improved Stansted and Easyjet are these days - security scanning is really well managed and we were through to the departure halls Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Day 59 - Ferry to The NetherlandsThe alarm was set for 6.30am. We dragged ourselves out of our beds. The girls and I barely slept as there was a loud party nearby on our side of the building, and with the window closed it was quieter Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Day 61 - AmsterdamPoor internet again, so bear with us as we are slow to load photos... :)
Having been advised to wait for the weekend and Gay Parade to be over, we went to Amsterdam today, Monday. The best way to avoid Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Day OneHello from Europe!
After a quick 10 hour flight from San Francisco to Amsterdam, we have officially arrived. After the anxiety dwelled down and the tears finally stopped (yes, I did awkwardly cry in the security line at SFO), the excitement Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 4, 2014
- The Netherlands==The Netherlands==
17th Jul to 20th Jul: Coming into Amsterdam after a 9 hour Busabout ride from Bruges was really amazing. I was really excited about the beautiful houseboats and the number of bicycles being Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Aug 3, 2014