-  iAMsterdam22 April - 24 April
Kristine, Michele and I landed late Friday night and we met with Ruchi and a few of her coworkers and went to a pub and then a club and had so much fun dancing and Posted by Modi Memoirs in Euro-Scapes | Jul 24, 2016
- Moving on AgainWe have left Den Haag and Ria now. Going back a couple of days:I had a lovely birthday with family First thing we went for breaky again to Rob and Maaike's, then we went for a walk through Leiden, Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 24, 2016
- The Hague Part 3This entry will be about the arts, specifically paintings collection from the Dutch Golden Age. The Mauritshuis (Maurice's House) in the Hague has a good collection ranging from Vermeer, Rembrandt, Paulus Potter, Hals and some others. This museum was prev Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Jul 24, 2016
- We're off![b]After our lap of the UK from Cornwall to Gloucester, Scotland to Newcastle, Hilda the van has now made it over to Europe! Our first main destination was Norway, meaning we have now driven through the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- LeidenYesterday Rob picked us up successfully and before long we were at Joke and Piet's house. We settled in there, had a few beers and off to bed. This morning we went to Rob and Maaike's for breaky and then Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 21, 2016
- AmsterdamWaiting to be picked up by my cousin's son, Rob. A busy day was had in Amsterdam. A 'free' walking tour and the Anne Frank house. Probably their one hot day this year, according to the locals. 32ish I think Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 20, 2016
- The Hague Part 2I will talk about some of the more touristic activity in this entry.
To start things off, this is the Binnenhof (inner court) where almost all the important decision get made.
The B Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Jul 10, 2016
- The HagueDespite being the judicial capital of the world, The Hague is not actually a dry, boring, legalistic place to be in. It is actually a beautiful city with plenty of things to see and do. Both the Dutch Royal Family Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Jun 25, 2016
- Anders lult erop losVeel dingen worden anders als je ouder wordt, zingt Hazes. Hij treedt niet in details. Dat is niet erg, een lied is daar ook niet de plek voor. Wat er veranderd is de onverstoorbare interesse die je acties richting geeft. Posted by antondalles in Home tripping | Jun 23, 2016
- Days 6 & 7: Amsterdam, NetherlandsIt was another night with less than the ideal number of hours of sleep. We lost two hours to the time difference between Iceland and Amsterdam, but were kept on track by having a scheduled tour start at 10:30. Posted by sfyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 17, 2016
- Ticking off all the Dutch clichesToday’s entry is not going to be in chronological order – rather, I am going to attempt to group our recent activities by theme. This way, even though we had fluctuating hilarious and sombre experiences, you can have a Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 12, 2016
- 99 Days to GoJust discovered that there is less than 100 days to we leave. Jippi! Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Jun 9, 2016
- Brett's Birthday We had a treat, not only spending Brett's birthday
with the boys, but out on a boat on a beautiful day around the canals and rivers of Leiden. We had seen some of the city from street level but got Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 9, 2016
- Preparation MeetingGetting together with my fellow travellers this weekend to talk about all the fun things we will do once we arrive in the South Pacific. Just over 3 months till departure! Hope to post some nice stories and pictures once Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Jun 9, 2016
- Deep in the forest, something stirredSunday we drove off to the small house that the boys have in a forest east of Amsterdam at a town called Ermelo. The forest supplied some shade from the 30° sun as we went for a 11km bike ride Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 8, 2016
- A is for AmsterdamSunday morning rolled around, and found us still safely tucked in our bunk beds. We got up and had what could barely be called a shower – it was barely warm, and barely wet – before standing on the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 7, 2016
- Aaron and LisaQuinn's kindergarten friend, Aaron, made the long trip across the pond with his fantabulous girlfriend Lisa to come tour Europe with us. We started them off showing them around some of our local haunts including an open cellar weinfest event Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jun 6, 2016
- LeidenWillemstad is a star shaped fortified town on the coast used as a defensive position for hundreds of years, memorials indicated that the Belgians tried to defend it in early WW2. Today it is a tranquil places with harbour trips, Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 6, 2016
- Resting and relaxing in AmsterdamAfter the days of driving we were pleased to rest in Amsterdam. We are staying with Peter at Klara's mother's house in Oud-Zuid, a suburb handily placed near the famous Vondelpark and the central city area. Here's the map Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | Jun 5, 2016
- The Nederlands Bloody raining and the next person that says it must make us feel at home, gets a slap.
The ferry crossing was simple enough just 7 hours and we had a grazing picnic all day. We stayed that night in an Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 4, 2016
- Ciao Italy and over the Alps we go ⛰It rained very heavily the night before we were to leave Lezzano and there was a bit of doubt about whether we should continue with our plan to drive over the Stelvio Pass. This pass is renowned as a stunning Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | Jun 2, 2016
- HollEND!This week saw an end to our time in the Netherlands. It was however a very exciting week! As many of you know, Maddie and I were planning on buying a camper van to drive around Europe for our 6 Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 30, 2016
- Amsterdam!!Goededag from Amsterdam!! I flew from Dublin to Amsterdam on the 24th, quick 1 hour flight and found my way to my hostel. The neighborhood I'm staying in is next to a beautiful park- Vondelpark and right next to the Posted by EuroAsh in EuroAsh | May 26, 2016
- I AMsterdam!
So it would appear that I'm very quickly falling behind on my updates here. We've only been away 16 days and I'm already 8 days behind 😰
So I think it's about time we caught up on what you've Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 24, 2016
- Day 52We discussed what we would do in Amsterdam and decided on doing the Hop On/Hop Off bus to get an overview.
We went past the last windmill left in Amsterdam, the "De Gooyer". At one time there were many windmills in Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 22, 2016