- Amsterdam 2016A Perfect City
Narrow cobblestone streets above wide canals, red-cheeked children in bicycle baskets, "coffee" shops, fantastic museums, cheese to die for. I don't have to add tulips and a red light district, do I? You know I'm talking about Amsterdam. Posted by Marcus170710 in Countries I've visited | Apr 10, 2017
- Jewish Area,Waterlooplein,Artis,Dappermarket,Anne Frank This morning we took off walking toward the east of the old town, toward the Jewish Historical area of Amsterdam. We saw the Jewish Memorial Monument and an area on the canal, where 200 Jewish people had been killed during Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Apr 7, 2017
- AmsterdamKyle and I left Gare du Nord today at 10:25 for Amsterdam. We have to go to Bruselles and change there to get to Amsterdam. There was a quicker route, but it was more expensive for Kyle's ticket. We are Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Apr 6, 2017
- VoorbereidingLOGBOEK VOORJAARSREIS 2017
Vrijdag, 17 maart 2017
We hebben net ons trouwe sleepbeestje opgehaald bij de KIA-garage.
Er was een probleem met de rem linksvoor. Het goede nieuws is dat het gerepareerd is, maar het minder goede nieuws is dat de rekeni Posted by zwit.too in Richting OOST in 2017 | Apr 4, 2017
- Day 5, Sun. April 2, 2017Brisk morning with the temperatures in the 40's. after the morning walk and a talk on an important WW II battle called Operation Kitchen Garden, we took a walking tour of this hilly and very lovely city of Posted by Offonariverboat in March 29-April 13 2017 Brussels to Basel | Apr 1, 2017
- Day 4 Sat. April 1, 2017After a good nights sleep and breakfast, we all set off for the Delta Water Works Flood Control project. ...an engineering feat that took 30 years. In 1953 there was a flood that killed over 1800 people overnight in the Posted by Offonariverboat in March 29-April 13 2017 Brussels to Basel | Apr 2, 2017
- Anne Frank Museum and Rijksmuseum We started the day at The Anne Frank Museum. It's not a particularly large museum but it is very powerful. We went early at 915 and it was still cramped at times inside the museum. But better than later times. Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 24, 2017
- Keukenhof Gardens and Van GoghToday was way windy in Amsterdam! It was a wee bit colder than yesterday so it was not as enticing to walk and wander. We started with a croissant breakfast in the lobby of the hotel.
We then headed to Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 23, 2017
- AmsterdamWe had a quick brunch at House of Small Wonders and had "taco rice" and a soboro don. The soboro don was the better of the 2 dishes and super tasty and now I want to see the one Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 22, 2017
- AMSTERDAM - BOATS, BIKES AND BOOZE FAVOURITE PHOTO.
NOT ONE OF THE BETTER PHOTOS I TOOK IN AMSTERDAM, HOWEVER
THIS PHOTO BRINGS BACK HAPPY MEMORIES OF OUR HOUSEBOAT.
YES, WE STAYED ON A HO Posted by aussirose in Europe & Morocco 2011 | Mar 17, 2017
- "There they grew, in gifts and grace"Isaac Allerton of Scrooby and London had left England behind for Holland by the time he married "Englishwoman Mary Norris of Newbury", in Leiden, on November 4, 1611. He was about 25, she about 23 years old.( It was a Posted by Allerton in Mayflower Mary | Mar 12, 2017
- Race in ApeldoornQuinn found a 10 mile race to do in the Netherlands in February. Odd that they are doing races in miles instead of kilometers but maybe it is just for the novelty of it? We had a fun little trip Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Mar 10, 2017
- Pearl of the South Breda is a great place to live and to work.
The history of Breda dates back to the early days of the 12th century. Gradually the fishing village developed into a small town surrounded by walls. It was a small Posted by Matim in Breda | Jan 14, 2017
- Preparation[float=left][/float]The last few days have been really weird to me. Both December 31 and January 1 were already full with appointments celebrating the new year and catching up with remote friends who Posted by leonard461341 in PDC World Darts Championship Final 2017 | Jan 1, 2017
- A sudden surprise[float=left][/float]Every year in December, the greatest darts tournament of the year takes place in London as the PDC World Darts Championship is held in Alexandra Palace. I've bee Posted by leonard461341 in PDC World Darts Championship Final 2017 | Dec 30, 2016
- Belgium, Holland, and Madrid/BarcelonaWe took a side trip from Madrid to explore the charming canals in Bruges and Amsterdam, and added a stop in Ghent to admire the iconic altarpiece "Adoration of the Majestic Lamb."
==Thursd Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Dec 27, 2016
- The NetherlandsOur first stop in The Netherlands meant a wonderful opportunity to catch up with a lovely couple we had met during our travels in Laos. Geert and Herma had invited us to stay with them and were there to meet Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 12, 2016
- T-24 daysIch packe meinen Koffer und nehme mit.... / ik ga op reis en ik neem mee...
Any tips from the audience on how to fit it all in or what not to forget? :-D
Posted by gekkies in Gekkies on Tour | Dec 7, 2016
- A Walking Tour of AmsterdamToday I decided to take advantage of a free walking tour of Amsterdam. All over Europe you can find free walking tours. You just pay a tip at the end based on what you think the tour is Posted by AnneO in Netherlands 2016 | Dec 6, 2016
- Last Day in The Hague and First Day in AmsterdamI didn't get a chance to blog last night because I got back to the hotel quite late after going out to watch the Packer game. So let me catch you up on the last two days.
Sunday Posted by AnneO in Netherlands 2016 | Dec 5, 2016
- Where Should My Students Visit?Today was dedicated to checking out a couple of sites I thought would be good for students to tour. I want to make sure they are places that my students will get a lot of value from seeing, whether Posted by AnneO in Netherlands 2016 | Dec 3, 2016
- COIL Conference, Business Visits, and ShoppingAll day yesterday and until about noon today I attended a COIL conference. COIL stands for Collaborative Online International Learning, and the idea is that a classroom in one country works on a project with a classroom in another Posted by AnneO in Netherlands 2016 | Dec 2, 2016
- A New Country Added to the ListWell, I made it to The Hague without much difficulty, and I really like what I have seen so far from this city. I have a feeling this might become one of my favorites. Everyone here has been Posted by AnneO in Netherlands 2016 | Nov 30, 2016
- Kinderdijk - Day 2 Saturday, 11/05We docked at 8 AM at Kinderdijk, a UNESCO Heritage site. Those of you who follow our blogs may recall that, when we were last in Amsterdam, we took a morning trip to Zaanse Schans to see the windmills Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 5, 2016
- Amsterdam - Day 1 Friday, 11/04Had Dante lived in our time, I suspect that he would have assigned one of the lowest levels of hell to international travel in a coach seat. When we boarded the plane last night, and the movie screens were Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 5, 2016