- Canals and Anne Frank...We arrived yesterday to a chilly Amsterdam, but at least blue skies... However, this morning was a different thing, cool and overcast.. then later drizzle and then heavier rain.
We had planned to visit the Anne Frank house this morning, Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 29, 2015
- Day 12 - Amsterdam in the sunshineBeautiful day today, the sun is out and skies are clear. It is now 15:00 and it has reached the maximum temperature of 17 degrees, but they feel much warmer than that. At one stage I didn’t think Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 23, 2015
- Day 11 - EurovisionWell what a city! After my lament about the lack of life on the streets of Berlin - Amsterdam has it in spades. So much so, it is difficult just walking around. It will be madness in Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 22, 2015
- A Day in AmsterdamWe awoke this morning and it was a beautiful fine day, so packed the bags and headed off to do the Countryside Tour with Mike's Bikes.
We cycled through the city and then headed out to see a Crazy Cheese Farmer Posted by hubner2015 in European Adventures | May 19, 2015
- Farewell to AmsterdamIt's goodbye to Amsterdam this morning, we leave for Ypres at 10:00. Should take about 3 hours by car.
Weather report....still cold and wet. Bought a coat out of necessity!
We spent the last couple of days checking out Amsterdam, busy city. Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 18, 2015
- Zaandam it's good!24 hours in Netherlands.s..what have we discovered....croquettes mmm.
Zaandam is a great location, green, leafy, quiet and plenty of places to eat & drink. The house is very comfortable, clean and quaint. Biggest drama so far has been been a temperment Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 16, 2015
- Cycling in HollandThere are 32 passengers on our new boat. A large group of Germans, Canadians and Americans and only us 2 Aussies! They all seem like a great bunch of people.
We enjoyed our days of cycling through the forests, Posted by hubner2015 in European Adventures | May 16, 2015
- Bike Tour Day 4This post has been edited to add pictures.
Short one today, with no pictures. We just arrived at our hostel and we have roommates who are already sleeping, and we don't want to mess with pulling out the ipad Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 10, 2015
- Bike Tour Day 2Just pictures today...technical difficulties and we need to go to sleep. Enjoy!
Edit: Since there is actually time today to blog, this one from yesterday is being edited to tell a little about what we did yesterday. Mostly Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 8, 2015
Well what to say……..
We travelled from Bruges to Amsterdam via Busabout. The bus was an hour late apparently due to traffic. We bordered the bus got our lovely orange armbands, and our Busabout bible. We were stuck in a traffic Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 9, 2015
- Bike Tour Day 3
Happy National Windmill Day from Holland! Today, we rode about 23 miles from Bodegraven to Utrecht. There were extremely high winds. The Weather Channel App said they would be 20 MPH winds, but they had to be Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 9, 2015
- Bike Tour Day 1Today was the first day of our Bike Tour of the Netherlands. We met our group in Amsterdam where we hopped on a train to Haarlem, a suburb of Amsterdam. After two brewery tours and tastings, we hopped on the Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 7, 2015
- Full Day in AmsterdamWe needed lots of sleep as you may have gathered from yesterday's post, and we slept pretty solid until 8:30am. We didn't even notice the noise from the busy street below our hostel window, nor any of our three other Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 6, 2015
- We are on European SoilNot much to write about today, because we were still traveling for most of the day. We made it to Amsterdam, got some food, took much needed showers, walked around and now we are going to bed. It's 9:00 PM Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 5, 2015
- Adventures in the Nether-regions (of Europe)In celebration of the end of classes, I decided to take advantage of an offer to visit some friends in The Hague. They were my roommates in my hostel in Prague, and they invited me to come up and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 29, 2015
And we thought the Spanish were the party culture...
Unbeknownst to us, we arrived in Amsterdam on the eve of "King's Day" - a once a year all out party. We have seen city celebrations before, but we have never witnessed Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 28, 2015
- AmsterdamI am on a train to Berlin and have a few hours to kill so I thought I would take this opportunity to write a new blog post.
Well, it finally happened.
After more than two weeks of couch surfing and Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 16, 2015
- "Heb je er al zin in?"Deze post is om antwoord te geven op alle vragen waarvan je popelt om ze stellen. Ook ben ik alweer (ja echt!) van blog gewisseld, omdat ik een beetje zenuwachtig werd van de aftelwidget die ik niet uit kon zetten Posted by romyasmus in Juf Romy in Suriname | Apr 11, 2015
- 15,8 kgManaged to depart with 15,8 kg in my backpack and only my little Samsonite "blackpack" as hand luggage. Those 15,8 kg includes 12 souvenirs, some candies and snacks. Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Apr 5, 2015
- Amsterdam ENOUGH SAID!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/454350/large_06724AD9ED788BEF8C843535B6016A8C.jpg caption=Windy, wet Posted by johnandkathy in Europe 2015 | Mar 29, 2015
- Veel te vlekkeloosVorige week is de Republiek Suriname officieel gevallen voor mijn onweerstaanbare charme en heb ik een visum gekregen. Samen met Reisgenoot Manon heb ik deze opgehaald in Amsterdam. Al is 'ophalen' een groot woord, want zo makkelijk ging het allemaal Posted by romyasmus in Juf Romy in Suriname | Mar 28, 2015
- En toen......vond je moeder dat je nog drie extra prikken moest gaan halen voor het geval er zomaar een hondsdolle eekhoorn in mijn nek valt die zich een weg naar mijn brein wil graven. Nu ik ook de laatste van die Posted by romyasmus in Juf Romy in Suriname | Feb 2, 2015
- Het ergste gehadZo'n grote, meterslange naald die wordt vastgehouden door een allervriendelijkste mevrouw die je ervan verzekert dat het echt echt écht geen pijn doet... en dat keer twee. En dan heb ik nog geluk gehad, mijn gewaardeerde klasgenoten moeten er nog Posted by romyasmus in Juf Romy in Suriname | Dec 28, 2014
- Amsterdam Ah jet lag you awful, awful creature. You know how much I love sleep. It's one of my favorite things! But unfortunately my internal clock has decided to go for the gold and try to make it 48 hours of Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- AmsterdamAmsterdam was GREAT, mostly because of how low key it was. After Berlin, we were in desperate need of recharging our batteries. After arriving via train from Berlin, we immediately went to check-in at the houseboat we rented. We had Posted by blakeabassett in European Quest | Mar 17, 2015