- The HagueDespite being the judicial capital of the world, The Hague is not actually a dry, boring, legalistic place to be in. It is actually a beautiful city with plenty of things to see and do. Both the Dutch Royal Family Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Jun 25, 2016
- Anders lult erop losVeel dingen worden anders als je ouder wordt, zingt Hazes. Hij treedt niet in details. Dat is niet erg, een lied is daar ook niet de plek voor. Wat er veranderd is de onverstoorbare interesse die je acties richting geeft. Posted by antondalles in Home tripping | Jun 23, 2016
- Days 6 & 7: Amsterdam, NetherlandsIt was another night with less than the ideal number of hours of sleep. We lost two hours to the time difference between Iceland and Amsterdam, but were kept on track by having a scheduled tour start at 10:30. Posted by sfyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 17, 2016
- Ticking off all the Dutch clichesToday’s entry is not going to be in chronological order – rather, I am going to attempt to group our recent activities by theme. This way, even though we had fluctuating hilarious and sombre experiences, you can have a Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 12, 2016
- 99 Days to GoJust discovered that there is less than 100 days to we leave. Jippi! Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Jun 9, 2016
- Brett's Birthday We had a treat, not only spending Brett's birthday
with the boys, but out on a boat on a beautiful day around the canals and rivers of Leiden. We had seen some of the city from street level but got Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 9, 2016
- Preparation MeetingGetting together with my fellow travellers this weekend to talk about all the fun things we will do once we arrive in the South Pacific. Just over 3 months till departure! Hope to post some nice stories and pictures once Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Jun 9, 2016
- Deep in the forest, something stirredSunday we drove off to the small house that the boys have in a forest east of Amsterdam at a town called Ermelo. The forest supplied some shade from the 30° sun as we went for a 11km bike ride Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 8, 2016
- A is for AmsterdamSunday morning rolled around, and found us still safely tucked in our bunk beds. We got up and had what could barely be called a shower – it was barely warm, and barely wet – before standing on the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 7, 2016
- Aaron and LisaQuinn's kindergarten friend, Aaron, made the long trip across the pond with his fantabulous girlfriend Lisa to come tour Europe with us. We started them off showing them around some of our local haunts including an open cellar weinfest event Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jun 6, 2016
- LeidenWillemstad is a star shaped fortified town on the coast used as a defensive position for hundreds of years, memorials indicated that the Belgians tried to defend it in early WW2. Today it is a tranquil places with harbour trips, Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 6, 2016
- Resting and relaxing in AmsterdamAfter the days of driving we were pleased to rest in Amsterdam. We are staying with Peter at Klara's mother's house in Oud-Zuid, a suburb handily placed near the famous Vondelpark and the central city area. Here's the map Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | Jun 5, 2016
- The Nederlands Bloody raining and the next person that says it must make us feel at home, gets a slap.
The ferry crossing was simple enough just 7 hours and we had a grazing picnic all day. We stayed that night in an Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 4, 2016
- Ciao Italy and over the Alps we go ⛰It rained very heavily the night before we were to leave Lezzano and there was a bit of doubt about whether we should continue with our plan to drive over the Stelvio Pass. This pass is renowned as a stunning Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | Jun 2, 2016
- HollEND!This week saw an end to our time in the Netherlands. It was however a very exciting week! As many of you know, Maddie and I were planning on buying a camper van to drive around Europe for our 6 Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 30, 2016
- Amsterdam!!Goededag from Amsterdam!! I flew from Dublin to Amsterdam on the 24th, quick 1 hour flight and found my way to my hostel. The neighborhood I'm staying in is next to a beautiful park- Vondelpark and right next to the Posted by EuroAsh in EuroAsh | May 26, 2016
- I AMsterdam!
So it would appear that I'm very quickly falling behind on my updates here. We've only been away 16 days and I'm already 8 days behind 😰
So I think it's about time we caught up on what you've Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 24, 2016
- Day 52We discussed what we would do in Amsterdam and decided on doing the Hop On/Hop Off bus to get an overview.
We went past the last windmill left in Amsterdam, the "De Gooyer". At one time there were many windmills in Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 22, 2016
- Special Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 22, 2016
- Day 51We set out this morning from our very comfortable lodgings at Dordrecht to explore the Netherlands.
Our first stop was at the town of Kinderdijk, which is known for the traditional windmills. there were a lot of tourists there as our Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 21, 2016
- Day 50This morning we set off for the Netherlands. Our trip went well but there was little to take pictures of. We had sunny weather and rain - a real mixed weather day.
We are staying in the city of Dordrecht, Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 20, 2016
- Episode 2Brussels – 13 Days B.C. – This is why some claim “B.C.” standing for “Before Commercialjetting” is a bit of a misnomer, however scholars maintain that the isolated occurrences of commercialjetting prior to the A.D. era did not meet the Posted by dgatoraded in Intercambios En Madrid - Winter 2016 | Apr 28, 2016
- Tag 2Ich hatte den Wecker für 8:00 Uhr gestellt, denn Frühstück gab es heute zwischen sieben und neun Uhr. Mutti und ich waren ein eingespieltes Team und schnell fertig. Frühstück gab es vom Buffet. Besonders schön fand ich, dass es immer Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Apr 27, 2016
- Tag 1Wir hatten unsere Sachen für die eine Nacht schon in den Rucksack gepackt, damit wir die großen Koffer nicht mehr öffnen brauchten. Das Zimmer hatte ich auch bereits bezahlt und so konnten wir etwas länger schlafen und den Tag in Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Apr 26, 2016
- Hollandafter a very long ferry ride from hull we arrived in Holland at around 8.
The ferry was not as exciting as we thought it would be but the food was very nice and so was the view from the Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 24, 2016