- de hoge veluwe national parkI was reading a buzzfeed about the Netherlands and it had some suggestions of places that looked really interesting. The Netherlands are basically right out our backdoor but sometimes we forget to take weekend trips there. I have had this Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 7, 2015
- AmsterdamThe first thing that comes to mind even now when someone speaks of Amsterdam are the canals, and walk I did along these 400 year old canals as often as possible during my holiday. I did not know until I Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Nov 1, 2015
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands===08 October 2015===
Good bye Dubrovnik...Hello Holland!!!!
As air travel goes, it was easy..on Easyjet!!. On in Dubrovnik, off an hour later in Amsterdam - only the weather changed. Sunny when we left, cool and cloudy when we arrived. Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Oct 21, 2015
- Zaanse SchansThis little village was the very postcard of Holland I had carried in my mind. Beautiful majestic windmills, ladies wearing Dutch bonnets, wooden clogs and gorgeous countryside dotted with cows and sheep. If only I could have found tulips, my Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Oct 17, 2015
The trip to say goodbye.
My grandfather Henk is fighting a losing battle to stay in a world he is not ready to say good bye too. I am so surprised that I am again getting the chance to see him, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Oct 12, 2015
- Amster-damn That Was Fun[center]Yeah right like you think we're going to put stories about our Amsterdam visit up for public view so you can all blackmail us when we're famous?[/center]
[center]Let's just say..[/center].
[center]Some things you can't unsee.[/center]
[ce Posted by katemancuso in Taken: The Epilogue | Oct 8, 2015
- Day Four - Anne Frank House, Den Haag (The Hague)Headed out just before 8.30am to walk to Anne Frank's house, got there at 8.45am with quite a queue already. Got in at 9.30am so not too long to wait, the queue continually got longer. What a powerful, Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 7, 2015
- Day Three - 's-Hertogenbosch & Sint Michielsgestel Happy Birthday Matt - got to have a brief chat with him on his 22nd birthday.
We headed south of Amsterdam today to 's-Hertogenbosch, about a one hour train ride, to catch up with our friend Marie (played for TEM in Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- Day Two in AmsterdamBody still unsure of time zones, awake at 3am - took a sleeping tablet & woke at 7.45. Ian had been tip toeing around from 6am!!
Decided to hire bikes for the day given my dodgy knees & also wanted Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 5, 2015
- Day One in AmsrerdamWoke at 4.30am with my phone saying 6.30am - it hadn't changed to the local time!!! Ian was lucky & slept a couple of hours longer. Regardless it was just nice to get a decent block of sleep. After Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- Finally Arrived26hrs after leaving Melbourne at 2.40am, we have arrived in Amsterdam. At least it is now 9pm here, so can go straight to bed. Had an unexpected stop over in KL, thought it was direct to Dubai. Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Amsterdam and Prague 2015In September 2015 I made a trip to Amsterdam and Prague to continue my travels related to World War II sites and events and also to strike 2 more locations off my travel list. The weather at the beginning Posted by pensfan30157 in Dave's Travels | Sep 29, 2015
- Laatste weekLaatste weekje!? Heb je je tas al gepakt? Wanneer vertrek je? Hoe groot is Nieuw Zeeland eigenlijk?
Bij deze mijn eerste blog-post met antwoord op alle vragen: Ja, Nee, Maandag, 8 keer zo groot :-)
Als je nieuw zeeland op europa Posted by anitavn in Nieuw Zeeland | Sep 28, 2015
- DAY 138 - Tuesday 15th September - Kasteel De Haar toWith some of the HGV lorries starting their engines at the crack of dawn, 6am of a crack, and having to keep them on til they make a move to warm it up (guessing why that's why the sit around Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 23, 2015
- DAY 137 - Monday 14th September - Delft to Hoge VeluweAgain my tummy upset after a while dwindled and once again the quietness around the campsite allowed you to sleep on in. With the overcast of the clouds keeping the sun from shining on through it makes the van Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 23, 2015
- DAY 136 - Sunday 13th September - Noordwijk to Leiden toMy tummy finally settled after a while and i managed to get some sleep and once again, like last night, it was so quiet and peaceful around here so when 8am came it was a lie in! I was Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 22, 2015
- DAY 135 - Saturday 12th September - Amsterdam to Muiden toAs we woke it seems that the skies are overcast after the rain in the middle of the night but the sun is trying to come on through. With a lazy morning we got up slowly and went out for Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 22, 2015
- DAY 134 - Friday 11th September - Horstel to Edam toBeing by the River in a small town there was very little traffic about of a night but the cold was once more seeping into the duvet! Although at 6.30am there were noises coming from outside, the rest of Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 22, 2015
- Amsterdam September 19 2015After breakfast, which we enjoy with cheese, meat and egg and bread and butter and jam and coffee, we took Rick Steve’s walking tour. Saw Dam square again and the big shopping center right near there. Tour was Posted by Linda K in Europe 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- Amsterdam Thursday Sept 17 2015Breakfast at Van Onna. Ham, cheese, bread, coffee, egg. Fine. We walked the neighborhood, looked at Van Gogh line and decided to take a canal cruise as we were all wet. We found a Posted by Linda K in Europe 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- Chapter 20Got up for another free walking tour in the morning and this time we got a local and he was very cheeky but loved his city and showed us around the canals. The leaning buildings of the inner city we Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 21, 2015
- Chapter 19Kept wandering around the city until we found Anne Franks house which was stuffed with tourists so we didn't bother joining the 1.5hr queue. We had good fun trying all sorts of Dutch cheeses at the Cheese Museum just across Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 21, 2015
- Chapter 18Got ourselves back into the city where we wandered through some markets and narrow streets, Ariel even found a science magazine en francais that took a look at all the crazy stunts that Tintin pulled off. Next we escaped the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 21, 2015
- Amsterdam arrival Sept 16 2015Left Portland about 1:30 pm on KLM (Delta). Upgraded to Comfort Class for $45; well worth it. Sat next to John from Portland and had nice visits. He had been in Peace Corps in Brazil when Posted by Linda K in Europe 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- First night in EuropeArriving on time (17:15 local) in Hook of Holland, joined the queues to show our passports and we were on our way, why is it you always feel guilty when speaking to the border guard! Bikes now diverting in all Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 17, 2015