- The red dust of the "Sud"Let me fill in some of the details of our recent camping and explain why James needs a shower so badly...
We left Noumea and travelled south to the tip of the country. It is only an hour away from Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Oct 15, 2014
- Camping in New Caledonia[img=http://photos. Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Oct 9, 2014
- Last Days down the West CoastWe left Hienghene on another bright and very warm day, and headed for a while back down the east coast before turning inland to cross the island back to the west cost. The day ended up fairly uneventful, as Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Oct 5, 2014
- Day 11 at HiengheneWe had a fairly quiet day and the kids were tired. One annoying thing about our accommodation is a local rooster who thinks that 3am is a good time to start crowing. We rented kayaks and paddled briefly along Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Oct 3, 2014
- Days 9 - 10 at HiengheneWe headed on from Poe across the heart of New Caledonia, and into the so-called "wild" Northern Provence. In fact we had not seen another large town since we left Nouméa. Even the supposed center of Bourail was little Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Oct 2, 2014
- Days 5 - 8 at PoeSorry for the delay in blogging, but there was no internet at Poe. We left our accommodation at Tour du Monde with one last fine breakfast...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/large_20140927073154_IMG_2621.jpg caption=At the breakfast table Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Oct 1, 2014
- insects golore.Yesterday we were walking around town when my sister spotted a huge grasshopper, it was as big as my dad's foot. When we got home we looked it up and it turned out to be a female giant coconut Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Sep 30, 2014
- Day 15 - Sea day heading homeAnother sea day, our second last for this trip. Tonight is Formal night and the Captains cocktail party for frequent cruisers. There are a few activities today that I'm interested in checking out. After lunch I head down to Connexions Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 14 - Isle of PinesAgain today we need to use the tenders to go ashore and I wait til the rush has finished before heading out. I have relaxing morning tea in the café then head down to deck 4 to be helped on Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 13 - Lifou,New CaledoniaToday the only way to get ashore is via tenders. Passengers who have done this trip before have said there is always an issue with tenders. The only put a few in the water, they take forever to transport people Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 28, 2014
- Nouvelle CaledonieWe left Honolulu airport at midnight and arrived in Auckland the next morning but a day later. We had a short stop over and were on our way to New Caledonia! Amazingly we had no jet lag because of sleeping Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 4 - A Quiet One in NoumeaPredictions were for a hotter day so we decided not to do a long walk in the midday sun. We headed to the Nouméa Cultural Center in the morning to see some native Kanac art as well as contributions from Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 3 - Route du SudWe drove out past Nouméa to the rugged back country of the southern region of New Caledonia. The landscape surprised us somewhat. I actually found it reminiscent of the Flinders Ranges, with red earth, rugged hills, pine trees and other Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Sep 25, 2014
- Day 1 - The FlightIt is a nice short and simple flight of 3 hours to Nouméa (a lot better than to France). We arrived after dark and it was raining. The country roads were incredibly dark. Our schematic map from our first Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 2 - Ilot aux Canards (Islet of Ducks)[img=http://pho Posted by Lamb Ham in Pip in New Caledonia | Sep 24, 2014
- Kuto, Ile des Pins ( Island of Pines)[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/D405D1972219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Feb 8, 2014
- Noumea, New Caledonia[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/BE2B1C952219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Feb 8, 2014
- Noumea New CaledoniaThe weather was hot and humid but the sea was totally calm as we entered the De la Havannah Channel on our approach to the container wharf in Noumea. The storm clouds blocked the sunrise as they have done Posted by greynomadm in 2014-01 Islands | Feb 5, 2014
- Sea Day - Destination NoumeaSpectacular sunrise this morning, I spent 40 minutes and captured about 80 images of the ever-changing spectacle. I tried a number of different vantage points and I'm faced with the happy dilemma of trying to select for the 365 Posted by greynomadm in 2014-01 Islands | Feb 4, 2014
- Isle of Pines - New CaledoniaThe seas have abated and we were sailing between two groups of islands when the sun was scheduled to put in an appearance. Sadly there was a strong wind and overcast sky which suppressed any brilliant light or colour. Posted by greynomadm in 2014-01 Islands | Jan 28, 2014
- Isle of Pines, New CaledoniaAn early start to the day as I greet the sunrise and then linger on Deck 15 and watch the ship's progress to our destination. I have obviously confused this destination with one we visited in 2010. I'll Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Oct 4, 2013
- At Sea En-route to Isle of PinesManaged to capture the assent of the sun through the clouds over a 45 minute period. The little camera is doing a reasonable job but I really long for the replacement of its big brother. Normal breakfast at Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Oct 3, 2013
- Swimming at the hotel piscine.Making the most of our last morning, we swam and joined in an aqua aerobics class...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/393031/large_0E64576F2219AC6817 Posted by Fiona Noumea in 2013 Fiona Noumea Trip | Apr 17, 2013
- Tjibaou Cultural Centre[img=h Posted by Fiona Noumea in 2013 Fiona Noumea Trip | Apr 16, 2013
- Le petit déjeuner
Bonjour! Miam miam!
Posted by Fiona Noumea in 2013 Fiona Noumea Trip | Apr 16, 2013