- Te Anau19th September 2014
We woke up to the sound of heavy rain, it rained all night without stopping. At 8am there was a bang on our door, the hotel staff explained that the road was closing at 9am and may Posted by cbrewster in Carol and Colins New Zealand Trip | Sep 20, 2014
- New Zealand Milford18th September 2014
It was a better morning with the sun shining on the beach. We went to Dunedin town centre and found a vegetarian café where we had breakfast. Carol had pancakes with berries, I had the usual eggs. Posted by cbrewster in Carol and Colins New Zealand Trip | Sep 18, 2014
- New Zealand first daysMelbourne to Christchurch
13th September 2014
Caught a flight from Melbourne with Air New Zealand departing at 9am. Slight delay with the flight that meant we were required to fly over Sydney, Auckland then to Christchurch. It was a long 4.5 Posted by cbrewster in Carol and Colins New Zealand Trip | Sep 18, 2014
- Au revoir... Auckland
[img=http:/ Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 16, 2014
- Des bulles... et la route vers AucklandPluie... pluie... pluie... Pas de survol de White Islands...
Nous quittons la zone des geysers de Rotorua, pour ne trouver le soleil qu'à Auckland !
[video provider=vimeo videoid=1062558 Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 16, 2014
- Au dessus des volcans du Parc National TongariroNous longeons la rive ouest du lac de Taupo, pour rejoindre au Sud le parc National de Tongariro. C’est le lieu de vie de plusieurs tribus Maorí, qui se sont réfugiées au pied des volcans, Tongariro, Ngauruhoe et Ruapehu régulièrement Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 14, 2014
- Thermal plus plus...Lever, 7 heures du matin. Surprise le geyser est actif ! Le soleil semble percer au dessus de Rotorua ! Mais la météo à Whatakane est encore trop incertaine pour un survol de White Island... Plan B, visite de deux Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 14, 2014
- Nouvelle-Zélande... La région thermale de RotoruaNous avons eu le temps de gouter l’agneau néo-zélandais le temps d’une soirée à Auckland, avant de prendre la route. A Paeroa, nous tombons sur une surprenante exposition d'armes et d'uniformes de la seconde guerre mondiale.
Le paysage est verdoyant Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 14, 2014
- First Challenge - staying fit to travelWell the packing had it's usually stresses, of wondering whether we packed too much,or too little. Whether we were not covering enough scenarios, like the chance of cold weather, of having suitable foot wear. But in the end, Posted by andertonz in Noel and Ruth escape to Europe | Aug 20, 2014
- Holiday Hair
Only one sleep to go! Hair's all good. Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 4, 2014
- The packing puzzleSo for the last few days we have been trying to pack our bags. Here’s a bit about our backpacks; we trawled through reviews and prices on the internet until we eventually managed to find the best value for our Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 1, 2014
- Our First Post
So it is finally happening!! We have both the left the security of our jobs. Our house in Auckland is packed up. Trips to all of our favourite places in Auckland have happened. Our Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 31, 2014
- Finn Brierleys Amazing AdventureToday we were packing our suitcase to get ready to go to England. In Singapore I'm worried that on the boat a crocodile will come and eat the boat and on the tube I don't want black snot up my Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Aug 30, 2014
- Packing my suitcaseIt was very fun packing my suitcase. We had to put alot of stuff in there. We Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Aug 30, 2014
- Hell's GateDawn was able to tick it off her bucket list, Dianne did not get stuck in the mud. An awesome experience, 20 minute time limit in the Mud Bath followed by relaxing in the mineral pools.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/702817/Hells_Gate.jpg capti Posted by weekendsaway in Playcentre Friends | Aug 27, 2014
- I'm leaving on a jet plane......
It's me Harry!
Mum, dad, Jack and me are off on an adventure. We leave NZ on Sunday 31st August - our first stop is Tokyo, then we head to London, Venice and Milan.
From th Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Aug 23, 2014
- Lake Tekapo[i]"Travel isn't always pretty. It isn't always comfortable.Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart, but that's okay. The journey changes you - it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart and Posted by eibbed0531 in B & D's NZ Adventure | Aug 23, 2014
- Certain UncertaintiesI thought it would make for interesting hindsight to introduce my travel blog a couple weeks before my departure. There are so few if any certainties structuring the journey I'm soon to embark on. I know I have a flight Posted by Dominasia in DOM'S ASIA DAYS | Aug 18, 2014
- Winding down from work?Helluva time to be getting a cold.
I will try not to think about how I will feel inside an aluminium can for 22+6 hours, and dream ahead to 7 days adrift along the Croatian islands. Posted by andertonz in Noel and Ruth escape to Europe | Aug 18, 2014
- Christchurch - A Wounded City
I realise that we spent 3 days in Christchurch and haven't 'reported' on it. It is certainly not a city to gloss over. The effects of the 2011 earthquake are still very much in evidence in what was the city Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 18, 2014
- Skydive!We headed off from Queenstown to Wanaka, our second to last stop on the tour! For dinner tonight we went to an infamous Mexican restaurant. Lauren decided she wanted to try the extra hot chilli sauce which came in three Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 15, 2014
- Lake Tekapo and Queenstown Take One!We arrived to our nice log cabin with an open fire in Lake Tekapo just before sunset and the views were amazing. Our after dinner entertainment turned out pretty cold for the boys - lesson learnt: girls are much better Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 15, 2014
- OUR BEST SOUVENIRWe have now been in New Zealand for a little more than four months and I cannot believe it - time definitely flies by. The return to New Zealand, home, and a familiar routine was not easy but we have Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Aug 12, 2014
- Hello South Island!It was an early start to make sure we managed to get on the 7am ferry. They warned us that the bad weather was going to make it a rough crossing and they certainly didn't lie! Lauren spent most of Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014
- WellingtonOn the drive to Wellington we stopped on route to get a picture of Mount Doom, and at Mokai Gravity Canyon, which is essentially a grown up playground in a huge canyon. The three of us did the flying fox Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014