- Hell's GateDawn was able to tick it off her bucket list, Dianne did not get stuck in the mud. An awesome experience, 20 minute time limit in the Mud Bath followed by relaxing in the mineral pools.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/702817/Hells_Gate.jpg capti Posted by weekendsaway in Playcentre Friends | Aug 27, 2014
- I'm leaving on a jet plane......
It's me Harry!
Mum, dad, Jack and me are off on an adventure. We leave NZ on Sunday 31st August - our first stop is Tokyo, then we head to London, Venice and Milan.
From th Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Aug 23, 2014
- Lake Tekapo[i]"Travel isn't always pretty. It isn't always comfortable.Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart, but that's okay. The journey changes you - it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart and Posted by eibbed0531 in B & D's NZ Adventure | Aug 23, 2014
- Certain UncertaintiesI thought it would make for interesting hindsight to introduce my travel blog a couple weeks before my departure. There are so few if any certainties structuring the journey I'm soon to embark on. I know I have a flight Posted by Dominasia in DOM'S ASIA DAYS | Aug 18, 2014
- Winding down from work?Helluva time to be getting a cold.
I will try not to think about how I will feel inside an aluminium can for 22+6 hours, and dream ahead to 7 days adrift along the Croatian islands. Posted by andertonz in Noel and Ruth escape to Europe | Aug 18, 2014
- Christchurch - A Wounded City
I realise that we spent 3 days in Christchurch and haven't 'reported' on it. It is certainly not a city to gloss over. The effects of the 2011 earthquake are still very much in evidence in what was the city Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 18, 2014
- Skydive!We headed off from Queenstown to Wanaka, our second to last stop on the tour! For dinner tonight we went to an infamous Mexican restaurant. Lauren decided she wanted to try the extra hot chilli sauce which came in three Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 15, 2014
- Lake Tekapo and Queenstown Take One!We arrived to our nice log cabin with an open fire in Lake Tekapo just before sunset and the views were amazing. Our after dinner entertainment turned out pretty cold for the boys - lesson learnt: girls are much better Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 15, 2014
- OUR BEST SOUVENIRWe have now been in New Zealand for a little more than four months and I cannot believe it - time definitely flies by. The return to New Zealand, home, and a familiar routine was not easy but we have Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Aug 12, 2014
- Hello South Island!It was an early start to make sure we managed to get on the 7am ferry. They warned us that the bad weather was going to make it a rough crossing and they certainly didn't lie! Lauren spent most of Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014
- WellingtonOn the drive to Wellington we stopped on route to get a picture of Mount Doom, and at Mokai Gravity Canyon, which is essentially a grown up playground in a huge canyon. The three of us did the flying fox Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014
- Lake TaupoThe plan for this morning was skydiving over Lake Taupo, which looks more like a sea as it's the same size as Singapore. We were picked up by a white stretch limo and got all kitted out ready to go Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014
One of the things for what New Zealand is famous for is dolphin and whale watching - especially in Kaikoura. Here the land drops deep into the ocean is deep and a cold stream from the an Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Aug 12, 2014
- Planned vs. ActualI just want to share the difference between our planned route around the South Island, vs the route we actually took.
Originally the plan had been to head to the Franz-Josef glacier from Kairoura and then circle round towards Queenstown before Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- Southerly on the South Island
We can hardly believe that a almost a week has passed since our update from Kaikoura.
After whale watching on Monday afternoon, we spent Tuesday morning exploring Kaikoura while we waited for the windscreen to be replaced (thanks to it being Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- Monday and we went to the Edinburgh TattooWe had a leisurely start to the day as we had plenty of time to do the things we wanted to do. We got the bus into Edinburgh to see the Castle and other sights. We got off at the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 6, 2014
- We Love New Zealand!The last two days have been pretty epic. On Monday we went to Waitomo, famous for its caves and cows. We all went black water rafting, which meant tubing through the caves in big black rubber rings, suited up in Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 5, 2014
- The Lead UpWell, the days are racing by now and there seem to be more things that come up and need adding to the list of "to do's". Visitors coming to stay tonight as well and it will be great to Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Aug 4, 2014
- Sea Mammals SeenWe are now on the South Island - day two and we are at Kaikoura, which is a mecca for sea mammals.
On our way to Kaikoura (about 30km before town) we pulled over at Ohau Point where the road hugs Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 4, 2014
- Curly'sWe love Curly's bar as it's the first place to have wifi in days! So to catch you up, we climbed Mount Eden in Auckland which is like Arthur's seat with a crater at the top. Then we headed back Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 3, 2014
- Facial Fractures, Internal Brain Bleeds and a Nose JobIt's about time that I filled you all in on exactly what happened to me on Monday the 23rd of June, and my progress since.
It was day 4 at Cardies (Cardrona ski resort). The back bowl finally opened resulting in Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Aug 2, 2014
- Milford Sound and... Penguins!!
Visiting the Milford Sound feels like travelling to Norway - provided one survives the journey. Our host in Manapouri already warned us, that we should not attempt to drive to the Milfo Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Aug 1, 2014
- Views and Vistas
After the caves at Waitomo we headed off to Mordor!
Well, to Tongoriro National Park, which is where the Mordor scenes in Lord of the Rings were filmed. We drove to the Chateau Tongariro hotel (NOT recommended, but the less said Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 1, 2014
Drove to the glowworm caves at Waitomo to see some stalactites and stalactites as well as the glowworms. No photography was a allowed in the caves themselves but you can get an idea from the [[http://www.waitomo.com/glowworm-caves-tour.aspx|website]].
Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 1, 2014
- Geysers and Maori CultureThis is the first of a few updates - access to the internet / wifi in New Zealand is at a premium, so I have saved up a few days of activity to report on now that I have my Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 1, 2014