- Our Final Week of Travels Spent in New Zealand!
We arrived in New Zealand's North Island after two exceptional weeks of camping travels in the South Island. After picking up our new (very big, very fast!) car rental in Wellington, Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Our Second Superb Week in New Zealand...
After an amazing 6 days to the start of our New Zealand camping roadtrip, we left the spectacular Milford Sound and drove the four hours up to Queenstown. Both Ben and I really loved Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Last Stop: New Zealand! Week One in This Amazing Country...
So we're now in New Zealand! Our flight from Fiji landed us in Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island, where we were met with RAIN - and you don't know how pleased we were! After Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- The wet and windy west coastAfter leaving Wanaka we drove to the West coast to the villages of Fox Glacier and Franz Josef. The main attractions here being the glaciers! When we arrived the weather was having a shocking time. We headed first to Fox Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- WanakaA small distance north of Queenstown is Wanaka on the shore of the the lake and surrounded by mountains. We spent two nights here, camping the first and as the rain descended staying in a luxurious (some may say basic, Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- Queenstown to ArrowtownOur first night in Queenstown was spent camping in a central though slightly less then appealing campsite near the town. Queenstown is the party and extreme sport capital of the South Island and reminds me slightly of Newquay (you can Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- Milford SoundsThe next day after we'd completed the Kepler track we took it easy and drove the famous Milford Road to Milford Sounds. The road itself is a beautiful drive with numerous stops along the way. We stopped at the Mirror Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- We are on our way Waiting in Christchurch for flight to Auckland, which is delayed due to bad weather. Hope it doesn't get too late! Here is Cameron, loaded up and ready to go. Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 17, 2014
- Walking in a Thermal Wonderland and a Very Kia Ora EveningRotorua is a thermal hot spot. If you don't know what this means, basically imagine a town that smells like rotten egg, has warm water, and steam coming out of random streams. I'm sure our friendly geologist Debbie will have Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 16, 2014
- Light at the End of the TunnelFor our beautiful, warm, sunny day in Waitomo we decided to make the most of it and head down into the deep, dark, wet, gloomy caves where weather could really make ZERO difference to our activities (Top trip planners right Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 16, 2014
- Slowing the pace on the Coromandel PeninsulaThere's not masses to say about this bit as we took a breather from doing too much and basically chilled out. So this blog is more a showcase of pics as much as anything.
We stayed on the Coromandel Peninsula for Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 15, 2014
- 487 Step ProgramAhh, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Described widely as “the best one-day tramp in NZ”. A hike through volcanic activity, steaming vents, and coloured lakes.
We mainly saw a grey cloud and about 2 feet in front of us, as the conditions Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 14, 2014
- Mediocre Food, Hilarious CompanyI can’t exactly recall where Liz left off and I’m much too lazy to go back and check- so I will recount our days in Wellington from our arrival.
We checked into the hostel at 11 something PM and I Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 14, 2014
- 200 days on the roadWednesday 9 April marked our 200 day milestone (or 28.5 weeks, or 6 months and 3 weeks), so it feels about right for another one of those "how are we really doing" blogs.
I read somewhere - I think on another Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 13, 2014
- Boat CountThis is our tally for boat counts on this trip:
Auckland Harbour ferry 1
Ipipiri inflatable 3
Russell ferry 4 Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 13, 2014
- Day 33 - 13th AprilIt will be lovely to see kids again - Easter weekend confirmed Sian and Carys for lunch (hopefully Rhys as well) - but today we start the long journey back home.
Breakfast in the motel room and then time to ditch Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 13, 2014
- Day 32 - 12th April
Saturday morning and the weather in Dunedin has been rubbish all night.
No real plan today - we wanted to see penguins, and the Otago peninsula. Considered the Albatross tour, but Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- Day 31 - 11th AprilSO Dunedin is to be our last proper stop of the holiday.
Travelling day today down to Dunedin, the furthest point south we are going. About 300 or so km.
Packed the car and Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- The Wine Glass is Half-FullTo those of you who think that we have been drinking too much, and to those of you who think we have not been drinking enough: One of you is about to be very happy.
After our mad dash up Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 11, 2014
- WellingtonWellington is the third largest city in New Zealand and feels like it has a bit of life in it after the rather quiet centre of the country, which made a nice change. We spent our first day visiting the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 10, 2014
- New Zealand Wrap-up This is a miscellaneous collection of pictures and maybe brief stories from the North Island that didn't fit anywhere else.
While in Hawke's Bay we drove up to the lookout and there we Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 10, 2014
- Day 30 - 10th April
Up early to be picked up at 7.00 on s chilly and misty start to the day.
A comedian coach driver/guide (as Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 10, 2014
- The Ultimate Arcade GameQueenstown is basically the place you go to make all the bad decisions you can with the amount of money you have on hand- with enough bars to drink away any regrets you may be having about bungee-ing away your Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 9, 2014
- Day 29 - 9th AprilSo today we leave Queenstown to go to Lake Te Anau.
We dropped the luggage off at Hertz with Karen, and I went to drop the car off at Apex and walked over to Hertz. Once we ha Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 9, 2014
- Going subterranean in WaitomoThe next stop was highly anticipated - going underground to see the glowworms of the Waitomo caves.
The drive there from New Plymouth was gorgeous... passing coastal scenery, villages with little more than beach shacks looking out to sea, rolling hills Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 8, 2014