- Rivers shallow, mountains high... an amazing start to NZAfter stocking up the camper with provisions we were ready for road trip... what was it Cookie....?
...ah that's it - number 4 ;)
So, we have a campervan for Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Mar 10, 2014
- Penguins. Times two.What are we doing this afternoon we wondered as we headed into town...after a quick stop at the information center, we'd decided and booked a penguin tour!
We drove out to the Otago Peninsula, on a very narrow winding road, Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 9, 2014
- Chch: A CBD in tatters but surprises around every cornerIt was only a short three hour hop from Melbourne to Christchurch, but we may as well have flown from the UK, the impact the travelling had on us...
We took off close to midnight but it was too short a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Mar 9, 2014
- Mount Cook Village to Hanmer SpringsAll blogs and photos, including the missing ones going back to Milford Sound are now up to date
I woke before the alarm, keen to see if the sky was clear, could I see the mountain tops too, had the sun Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 9, 2014
- Mount Cook" Awesome " is a rather overused word here but today truly lived up to it. We awoke to a sunny morning and looked forward to exploring the area.
[i]The avalanche strea Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 8, 2014
- Milford Lodge to Milford SoundWe awoke to a sunny morning, unusual for the area which boasts more rain than anywhere else in New Zealand. We were due to join a boat in the afternoon for an overnight cruise in the Sound so we decided Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 4, 2014
- Day 142 - 144 The Catlins, Curio Bay & Invercargill
On the drive from Dunedin to the Catlins the weather improved enough for us to stop at Matai & Horseshoe fal Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 8, 2014
- Invercargill to Mount Cook VillageWe left a rather strange B & B, well I think it strange when the owner has allowed guests to write their "thank yous" in felt tip pen on the dining room wall. Call me old fashioned, but I Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 7, 2014
- Wandering around Nelson.Nelson 9th Feb'14 - 11th Feb'14
After an epic 9 hour bus journey I arrived into Nelson. No idea how I survived that. The driver was great but the roads were ridiculously windy and I spent most of the trip feeling Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Mar 7, 2014
- Getting up close and personal with a glacier or 2...Frans Josef
Tuesday 4th Feb - Saturday 8th Feb 2014
After a long day of sitting on a bus I finally made it to the rather cute and tiny town of Frans Josef. The bus journey took me through some beautiful Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Mar 7, 2014
- Te Anau to InvercargillWe awoke to a cloudy morning but were assured by the motel owner that the sun would be out by mid morning. We set off to drive to Invercargill following the Southern Scenic route. Just before we reached the Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 6, 2014
- Milford Sound to Te AnauThe sea was calm for our night on board the Milford Wanderer, we woke just before 6:15 and were soon up and enjoying a hearty cooked breakfast, it was still pitch dark outside. By the time we had finished Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 5, 2014
- Milford SoundWe woke up Sunday to bright blue skies which looks promising for our trip into Milford Sound, soo happy as it's suppose to be gorgeous and we're really looking forward to it.
We set off early and drove through Fiord land Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Mar 7, 2014
- Moeraki, Dunedin, The Otago Peninsula & Te AnauMoeraki, Dunedin, Otago Peninsula & Te Anau
Fri 7th -
First stop of the morning, was Moeraki boulders which luckily enough was not a detour for a change. Was wondering to myself just how interesting can a bunch of round rocks Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Mar 7, 2014
- Christchurch & Akoroa Penninsula
After lots of queuing in Melbourne airport we finally made our flight with just enough time to grab brekkie to go. Our journey flew by and we were just wondering how we were going to get the energy to get Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Mar 6, 2014
- Rotorua and the Coromandel PeninsularHi every one our time in NZ is fast coming to a close. We could spend the same time again and still not see all that interests us. We have now spent a couple of days in Rotorua Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 6, 2014
- Te Anau, gateway to Ffiordland. It seems I am rather behind in the blogging. Oops. And NZ started so well. I was really on the ball but then I got super busy. Sorry everyone. But I give you the next entry...
Te Anau. 31/01/14 - 03/02/14
After Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Mar 6, 2014
- Queenstown to Milford LodgeWe woke with the weather forecast given expectation of clear skies, but the reality was that the rain was still falling. We felt positive that the weather was due to move on through and leave us with clearer skies for Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 3, 2014
- Auckland day 1Rain, rain, rain.
We did not hurry with checking-out from the campsite. Once we did, we drove to our car rental to discuss the car return in 3 days and then found a parking lot where we would leave our car Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 5, 2014
- Coromandel Peninsula to AucklandWhat an ocean view we had in the morning! We had to leave the parking lot at 9:00am so a quick coffee and we took off towards Whitianga, a small but old town on the western shore of the peninsula. Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 5, 2014
- QueenstownWe awoke to a fine and sunny morning with lovely views from our bedroom down the lake. However the phone said rain was due. We decided to climb Queenstown hill, which rises up behind the town whilst the sun was Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- New ZealandWe landed in Auckland and immediately started our NZ adventure on the infamous Kiwi Experience bus. We had pre booked this, so we could travel around both the North and South Islands and hop on and off wherever we wanted.
We Posted by rjtaylor22 in Rebecca and Gavin's travel blog | Mar 4, 2014
- Day 140 - 142 Christchurch, Omarau & Dunedin
We got the ferry to Picton, after a choppy start we watched dolphins playing as the beautiful south island rolled in. We jumped onto a bus Dan had prebooked when I was ill in Australia Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 4, 2014
- Rotorua to Coromandel PeninsulaMorning as yesterday: Emilka on the playground and we rushing between one and another sandwich bite. Good thing about it is that, when we took off, Emilka was already tired so by investing in morning rush on the playground, we Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 3, 2014
- We missed a day and a Ferry!You may have seen our recent photos including one of the Interislander Ferry leaving Picton. Yes we have to admit that we have become so laid back on this holiday that we are as they say near horizontal. Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 2, 2014