- Akaroa and KaikouraOn 12/4, we picked up our rental car in the morning. We were a little nervous at first to drive on the left side of the road, but our first test was a day-trip to Akaroa which is about Posted by adventure_time in New Zealand Adventure | Dec 6, 2013
- From the dangers of travellingJippih - we've made it to Auckland, New Zealand!
It was a long trip (13 hours) across the Pacific but we are here - finally. Auckland is nice and offers lots of cafes, bars and small shops. Due to the Posted by HHDeern in Kiwi travels n more | Dec 4, 2013
- Final Days in ChristchurchJaclyn arrived in Christchurch on 12/2 after about 24 hours of travel. We've spent a couple more days in Christchurch touring around and getting things ready for the rest of our trip. The weather has been great with Posted by adventure_time in New Zealand Adventure | Dec 4, 2013
- Arthur's Pass National ParkOn 12/1, I took a bus from Christchurch to west to Arthur's Pass National Park which is located in the Southern Alps. It was a beautiful drive through the Canterbury plains and then up through the mountains. I did Posted by adventure_time in New Zealand Adventure | Dec 4, 2013
- White heron chicks, glaciers & lakesHello there!
Here is some news on the last 2 days. Yesterday morning we woke up and spent the morning visiting the only nesting site for white herons in all of New Zealand, near Whataroa, on the West Coast. We were Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Dec 4, 2013
- Le pays des All Blacks – La Nouvelle ZélandeWe write this blog entry at the half-way point of our trip. Only 18 more weeks until we will see family and friends again - miss you guys. xxx
Nous arrivons à la moitié de notre voyage alors que nous écrivons Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Dec 3, 2013
- 2 More Sleeps!The anticipation is killing me!!!
There are two more sleeps until we fly out late of the night of Friday the 6th of December. I am currently sitting at home and am not in a good mode due to some annoying Posted by Sam Baker in Our Epic Trip to the States | Dec 3, 2013
- Christmas in the ParkOn Saturday, Christchurch had a big "Christmas in the Park" celebration. It was weird to have a Christmas event when it was so light outside at night. It didn't start until 7:30 pm, but it was completely light Posted by adventure_time in New Zealand Adventure | Dec 3, 2013
- Disappointing day ... Today, we had a bit of a disappointing day. I took some time off and didn't plan the day properly. Oh well, it is what it is.
This morning we woke up in Greymouth and had breakfast 40km south, in Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Dec 2, 2013
- Busy times ...Hello there!
Long time, no talk ... Were we too busy for the last 3 days? It surely feels like it! Here is a quick recap ...
On Friday morning, we woke up with rain (as in the last 4 days :)) Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Dec 1, 2013
- Relaxing in ChristchurchI flew from McMurdo to Christchurch on 11/28 and landed in the evening after a long 8-hour flight. I was glad to get rid of all my ECW gear because I was sick of dragging that along with me Posted by adventure_time in New Zealand Adventure | Nov 30, 2013
- Feast for the sensesToday was a feast for the senses ...
The first interesting thing that caught our eye was steam coming out of the earth (volcanic plateau), touching the clouds in the sky ... "New Zealand: where Earth meets Sky"
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Nov 28, 2013
- RotoruaToday we spent time in Rotorua. Although the whole town smells like rotten eggs, it's great to visit the place. It is one of the world's most concentrated & accessible geothermal areas with geysers, steam, boiling mud etc.
We had Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Nov 27, 2013
- Fascinated by the New Zealand SkyGoodday!
This morning we woke up with pooring rain. Still had breakfast outside on the terrace though, which was nice. We weren't looking forward to the day because a long drive was awaiting us and the weather wasn't promising.
We left around Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Nov 26, 2013
- Bay of Islands (Northland)As planned … a relaxing day today … wonderful breakfast on the terrace overlooking the bay.
Ferry to Russell, the first capital of New Zealand ...
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Nov 24, 2013
- ChoicesWe debated for a long time whether or not we should go to Northland, the northern part of the Northern island. We finally decided we shouldn't miss the 90-mile beach and Cape Reinga. That was the plan for yesterday. We Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Nov 24, 2013
- Arrival in New ZealandFinal inspection of the apartment in Brisbane on 22 November … we heard lots of war stories on final inspections but thankfully it all went very smooth! Dropped the car at the Custom Fleet depot and jumped on the plane Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Nov 23, 2013
- New Zealand South Island: Picton, Marlborough, NelsonThe first person to climb to the summit of Mount Everest was Sir Edmund Hillary, a New Zealander (1953). Not that I was planning to do the same, but it made me think that must have had some good Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Nov 16, 2013
- New Zealand North Island: Wellington and MartinboroughHere are some things to know about NZ. Although it is around the size of Japan, New Zealand’s population is just over four million, making it one of the world’s least populated countries. That's not counting the sheep, however. Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Nov 15, 2013
- Two days left...So the plan is: Travel to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and join the 'Hope for Children' Project while experiencing a whole new way of life.
The rest: unknown.
But they say - uncertainty Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 6, 2013
- Last Disjointed Thoughts on New ZealandSome last thoughts on New Zealand...
It's been interesting this first week in China to appreciate the quiet and clean air we left in New Zealand. Often times we thought it was boring because the cities and towns seemed boarded Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 4, 2013
- Adios, Auckland!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/346832/IMG_3905.jpg thumb=ht Posted by lucyfbaird in You Can't Have a Favourite Place... | Oct 30, 2013
- and so it continued...hey friends,
A little update for you. Nearly time to leave new zealand. Ive hurt my finger but i dont know how.Sad face so its a bit sore to type....but ill soldier on regardless....sniff sniff.
I last wrote just after we Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Oct 28, 2013
- Rough Riding the Tasman SeaUp on deck to catch a glimpse of the sunrise through the storm clouds on the horizon. Day two of our three-day crossing of the Tasman Sea is characterised by strong winds and significant swell. The various public Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 27, 2013
- Northward on the East Coast of the South IslandHaving aborted the planned voyage South the ship headed North along the East Coast of the South Island staying close in shore to avoid the rougher waters further out. The sunrise was less than spectacular but did illuminate the Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 26, 2013