- Internship UpdateIt has been awhile since I had time to see parts of New Zealand and post about it on my blog. The last few weeks have been pretty busy. So I thought you would maybe be a bit interested in Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Aug 30, 2015
- EcoZip - whizzing across Waiheke Island at 60km/hrYEAH! My first blog about New Zealand.
Well, it was about bloody time as I've been here a month now. I've packed so much in I don't even know where the days have gone. I've been on so man Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Aug 25, 2015
- Post ScriptDarren had rung us while we were in descent mode at Mt Lyford, so JT rang back while on the ferry and said “Yes, let’s head up to Turoa tomorrow”. I mean, what else would you do on return from Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Homeward BoundNo snow on the drive today, but decided to visit Ohau on the way past. What a drive up to the ski field. Spectacular scenery, but glad we were in a 4WD! Impressed by the ski field, for a club Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Last Day's SkiingFor the last day’s skiing we decided to head over to Coronet Peak. Lovely sunny day, but the skiing wasn't as good as we know Coronet can be (read concrete ), the ski racers love those hard conditions I know, Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Stewart Island[center]There are still a few blog entries that we were hoping to post but they seem to have taken a back seat now that we're back at home and back at work. Here's our Stewart Island story.
After finishing Te Araroa Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Aug 15, 2015
- No Ski DayGlenn’s last day in Wanaka proved to be a non-ski day. Wind and visibility closed the field for the first time this season. We headed off to window shop in Queenstown for the afternoon…..had a walk around the gardens watching Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 13, 2015
- Sofa Ski SchoolDaily “boot camp” starts each day at 9.30am which allows for a couple of warm up runs on the ‘Main Street’ run on the front face at Treble Cone (TC). Then meet with our instructors (Johanna for JT, Lisi Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 13, 2015
- Greenland here I comeDay 1,2 Left New Plymouth at 12.15 and arrived in Glasgow (NZ time) midnight the following day, 36 hours! t Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Aug 13, 2015
- Sofa Ski SchoolSunday started with overcast conditions, but good visibility. Treble Cone looked fabulous in full snow cover. We meet with the Sofa Ski instructors and were reassessed and put into our initial groups. The video camera was out straight away – Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- More SnowWe left Mollie on Saturday morning, grey skies nothing remarkable until about 2kms out of Rangiora. Then the snow conditions changed – snow low on the hills around Oxford making driving conditions treacherous. Luckily we weren’t on the road earlier Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 9, 2015
- Hiking trip #5It's been awhile since I last posted on my blog. The weather has been rather disappointing the last few weekend and also this weekend it was not great. But we didn't want to stay in Christchurch for another weekend so Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Aug 8, 2015
- Driving in the snowAwoke to a 4C morning - bring on the snow!
After breakfast with Kathryn, we headed into Nelson CBD for a coffee fix (thanks Fords, just what we needed) and a route plan for the day.
We had driven the Lewis Pass Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 6, 2015
- Smooth SailingAfter some last minute running around yesterday (we decided it was a good idea to get our skis waxed) we were finally waiting to board the Kaitaki. Grey skies and drizzle but thankfully the harbour was like glass. A very Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 6, 2015
- Getting ready ...I can't believe there are only four more sleeps and we'll be on our way. Can't wait to see all the exciting things Mum and Dad have planned for us. I'm even looking forward to trying snails and Posted by mandjcarson in Zach's Big Adventure | Jul 28, 2015
- Hiking trip #4 This was a very special week, not just because of my internship that is really kicking off now but also because this week we bought our own car together! making it our first car. I am proud to present you Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Jul 18, 2015
- Deel 2 - Aankomst Auckland-- 13 juli --
Het tweede deel van de reis vlogen we met Air New Zealand. Een Boeing 777 met prima entertainment schermpjes in de stoelen, dus de kinderen hebben zich goed vermaakt. We hadden allemaal weinig geslapen aan boord, de Posted by jaapwesterbeek in Nieuw Zeeland 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- Hiking trip #3This last week I properly started my internship. I met my tutor, who is a very friendly and helpful man named Mark, it's always a good laugh with him. I met a lot more people who are also working at Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Jul 13, 2015
- ItineraryJuly Friday 17th 2015 3:55pm Christchurch to Bangkok , Thailand
Saturday 18th bus to Pattaya- stay/work with Shellings; friends working in schools and prisons and with ex-prostitutes.
Sat 25th fly south to Hatyai-stay/work with Aitkins; friends wor Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Jul 7, 2015
- Things I Want to Remember: New Zealand[i]- Devonport, walking around on volcanic rock, seeing the kids point out the crabs in the small tide pools
- beer fridge in the local wine & beer shop, picking out some local beers that sounded good based on advice from Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Jul 5, 2015
- New Zealand: Auckland to Wellington [center]
10/3/14 at 1759 (Bangkok time)
First time on a Qantas flight . . . dreams do come true.
I feel so safe . . .
10/3/14 at 1940 [i](Bangkok Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Jul 5, 2015
- Just a Little IntroThe easiest way of introducing myself is by going through the spiel I've found myself repeating hundreds of times over the last few months:
"Hi, I'm Sian. I'm from Salisbury. It's in the UK. South of England. Kind of in the Posted by sianemmett in Sian's Big Adventure | Jul 6, 2015
- Hiking trip #2It has already been a week since I last put on my walking boots for a hike through nature. This time I went to Heathcote, which is also a suburb of Christchurch and approximately in the same area as where Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Jul 4, 2015
- Hiking trip #1Sunday I went on my first hiking trip from Taylors mistake which is a small beach all the way to Lyttleton which is a small harbor town to the south of Christchurch. The walk is about 20km through mountainous terrain. Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Jun 29, 2015
- The first weekOnce I arrived in Christchurch I was immediately welcomed by my mate Erik, who arrived earlier that day, and Stephen, the guy that owns the house where we are staying. The first day wasn't so impressive because after getting showered Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Jun 27, 2015