- Home Sweet HomeThank heavens for travel insurance - definitely wouldn't travel overseas without it.
SCTI flew us both home Emirates Business Class - can't speak too highly of Emirates, they looked after us very well indeed. Wish we could fly business class all Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Apr 30, 2016
- ChristchurchInitially I was sad to be leaving the Stray group today, but as Rolex nearly tipped the bus over and then almost crashed into a lorry, I was pretty glad to be escaping with my life. Unsurprisingly, a fair few Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 28, 2016
- Well done Mother Nature, Well DoneBye Queenstown! Wish me luck... Which I will definitely need judging by the arrival our newest driver Rolex made. Mum you needn't be upset by the 4x4, this dude took out a bollard and a fairly decent sized tree as Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 28, 2016
- Torchlight, Tuataras and ToiletsSo today we headed to the Deep South. We lost a lot of people off the bus this morning (not through death or mis placement, you understand, they just didn't come with us), and gained some other newbies. Also got Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 28, 2016
- God Damn it Richie!Back on the bus and over to Queenstown we go! We stopped at Puzzling World, which was good fun. Saw some optical illusions, did some puzzles and escaped a giant maze (only just). Next stop was A.J.Hackett, home of all Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- Drip, Drip, Drip Little April ShowersToday was the first day the weather has not really gone our way. We drive from Franz Josef to Wanaka today, and were supposed to stop and do several walks on the way, but the weather was too bad. Despite Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- The cold never bothered me anyway...This morning I said goodbye to Westport with a heavy heart (not really) and thumping headache. Nothing a brisk walk at Foulwinds (the name DOES reflect the place) wouldn't sort out. We also had stop offs at Harihari Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue...Again quite a lot of travelling today as we made our way over to Westport. We did stop to do a couple of short walks along the coast, and saw some more Seals and Dolphins. A few more bus games, Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- Abel Tasman National ParkThe 12th of April was mainly spent travelling to our next destination (hopefully not final one!). We didn't have to meet the new bus until 12.30pm, so had a lie in and a late breakfast (while making use of the Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 24, 2016
- Sunrise swim with Dusky Dolphins So when my alarm went off at 4.30am, and I realised I had to part with 165 of my hard earned dollars, I was a little unsure of the rash decision I made yesterday. Nevertheless, bikini in hand, I mooched Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 24, 2016
- NZ South Island- First day of school again... Today was my first day on the Stray bus and it was like starting school all over again. Wandering aimlessly round the grounds of Christchurch airport (lucky I wasn't arrested to be fair) I finally spotted the bright orange bus Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 24, 2016
- A Few PhotosHere are a few photos.
A beautiful sunset over the river in Raglan. Raglan is a cute little beach spit about an hour away from where we live in Hamilton.
Here are Jennie and Fletche Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | Apr 21, 2016
- Christchurch & surroundings - Kiwiland visit comes to an end==Aoraki Mt Cook National Park==
On our drive to Mount Cook, we had hopes that once we arrive the weather would clear up...
... that was not the case... Our best shot of Mt Cook
[im Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- Long Time ComingThe problem with not posting for a long time is that it gets harder and harder to catch up. So I'll just start this the same way one would eat an elephant (as the saying goes), one bite at Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | Apr 18, 2016
- AN AMAZING LIBRARY HAS BEEN LOSTOn the second of April, when I mentioned to our Rwandan flatmate that our best friend Leo had passed away he told me “in my country we believe that when an elderly person dies a big library is lost; all Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Apr 15, 2016
- Nearly packedThis post is to test my photo uploading skills. Loving my Kathmandu packing cells - thanks to Jill for the tip! Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 12, 2016
- HANMER SPRINGS to MOANA to CHRISTCHURCH : 10 & 11th APRIL Yesterday was a rather leisurely start, being Sunday we had a sleep in and then ventured over to The Stag Restaurant for a very generous buffet breakfast. On the road a bit later it was rather crisp but lovely Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 11, 2016
- Moving from West to East - Beautiful, Amazing, Unreal!==Milford Sound==
Had to go up in our terms early to catch the boat at midday.
The drive over to Milford Sound went through an enormous mountain, one way of course. Interesting was that you can drive through the mountain from 4 Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 11, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 59 April 2016
There was heavy rain again during the night. The morning was a bit overcast but the rain didn’t return.
The morning routine was breakfast (cooked or continental – or both) and then we prepared our own lunch and snacks Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 11, 2016
- Ocean, Glacier and Lakes, NZ==Leaving Greymouth! :)==
We drove futher south and had to made a spontaneous stop over in Haast since it was getting dark and the weather was bad.
On our way on the New Zealand "Highway"
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/813291 Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 10, 2016
- Final countdown to departureThe Rosie family is off to Wales for the wedding of Jeff and Zara on 23 April 2016.
On the first leg of our journey we are joining the Edgewater College French trip to Normandy and Paris. We then take the Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 9, 2016
- PICTON to HANMER SPRINGS : 8th & 9th APRIL 2016Early morning sunshine in the harbour - great start to the day.
The Interislander - on yet another voyage across to Wellington
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/C5E35D67 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 9, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 48 April 2016
I woke during the night to the sound of heavy rain but by morning the rain had gone and the sun was shining.
Today was another rest or activity day. The Abel Tasman walk can be done in Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 8, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 37 April 2016
After breakfast we packed up our bags (to be taken by boat) and were ready to start walking at 9.00am. Today’s walk is in three stages, with the option to take the boat on a stage if required.
As Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 7, 2016
- NAPIER to MARTINBOROUGH to PICTON : 6th to 7th APRIL 2016The sun was shining as we rode out of Napier, would have loved more time here, this is an interesting City.
We diverted on the Old Coach Road to Porangahua and on to the Longest Place name in the world Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 7, 2016