- A breath of fresh airDue to the moldy hotel, we retreated at the crack of dawn to a surprisingly upscale McDonald's restaurant for a quick breakfast followed by a leisurely teeth brushing in the McD's restroom. Never before has breathing in the fresh scent Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 6, 2014
- Days 23, 24, and 25 in New ZealandHi all,
Here is the combined post for the past three days in New Zealand. Note that the dates are in New Zealand time, of course.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4:
On this day we went from our cottage in Kaiteriteri to a pleasant chalet Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 6, 2014
- Damage control in ChristchurchYesterday we arrived in Kaikoura along the east coast. It felt to us like Ireland due to the rolling hills, misty weather, and the frequent use of Irish names for the city streets. Our evening dinner of take-out fish Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 5, 2014
- Queenstown = Bungee jumping. I think not...Queenstown. 28/01/14 - 31/01/14
So Queenstown... Birth place of the commercial bungee jump, home to all things adrenaline inducing and the place to see some incredible views. I knew I was in for a good time the moment I arrived. And Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Feb 5, 2014
- Mt Cook!When we got our first glimpse of the tallest mountain in New Zealand it was a jaw dropper! I had heard from our previous bus driver that this was one of the best scenic areas, and boy was she right. Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 4, 2014
- QueenstownSo we'd taken on the adventure capital head on both getting an adrenaline rush within the first couple of hours of being in Queenstown! But it wasn't just the extreme activities that took our breath away but the amazing beauty Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 4, 2014
- I'm not a bird, I'm not a plane.... I'm a bird plane!Ian - "Let's run through that one more time, Step... step... RunRunRunRunRuuuun! Any questions?"
Me - "So we just run off the mountain?"
Ian - "Thats right, ready?"
Me - "We'll soon find out!"
This was my quick introduction in how to launch a Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 4, 2014
- Bungy madnessOn our way to Queenstown we would be stopping off at the original bungy jump Kawarau bridge that the madmen AJ Hackett and Henry van Asch first jumped off in 1988 and sparked a craze that has seen millions of Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 4, 2014
- If you feed a cow chocolate do you get chocolate milk? Geraldine. 23/01/14 - 27/01/14
First off I have to start with saying how fortunate and thankful I feel to have been taken in by Margaret and Neil for my stay in Geraldine. I was a total stranger to them and Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Feb 4, 2014
- The lakes of South IslandThe next day we woke to a gorgeous day had we had to laugh because it seemed like when we got on the bus the weather would change for the better. The trip we were taking was not a long Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 3, 2014
- The bridge on the river kiwiToday we had a long drive to our next destination, Hanmer Springs. During long trips, Henry tries to complete his homework but every now and then sees something distracting out the window. While working on Pimsleur French audio Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 3, 2014
- Ice Ice Baby!Visiting the Franz Josef glacier had been one of the top things on our list of must dos in New Zealand. We had decided to do the Ice Explorer option where we would be helicoptered on the the glacier and Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 3, 2014
- Pancake Rocks and Jade Carving!It was a relief to wake up to sunshine after the worst downpour they had had this year! But our time a Abel Tasman had run out as we had to keep moving to stick to the schedule. It felt Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 3, 2014
- Moving on to South Island!Nursing some sore heads we somehow managed to get up early to grab the shuttle to the ferry that would be taking us to the South Island. This passing had been rumoured to be somewhat treacherous at times so we Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 3, 2014
- Onwards to WellingtonMoving on from Tongariro was tough as we missed out on an experience but the show must go on and we headed on to the capital Wellington, to see what it had in store for us.
The journey is one of Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- Abel Tasman nearly landed hereHaving a 13-year-old and a 6-year-old makes it challenging to find activities that please both kids. Today we explored the Abel Tasman National Park. First we cruised on an excursion boat along the entire coastline of the park and saw Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 2, 2014
- Day 22: Boat Tour of Abel Tasman National ParkHello blog readers,
You will see in today's post that I saw a lot of wonderful birds. Over the next two weeks, I will be seeing many more birds than I have been seeing so far with changes in location and Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 2, 2014
- You Shall Not PASS!!We left Blue Duck station in good spirits having enjoyed the beautiful scenery and were eager for our next stop which was the National Park where we could take on the Tongariro Alpine crossing, which is an 6-8 hour walk Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- Blue Duck StationThe Blue Duck station is a working farm located in Whakahoro and would be an opportunity to see what life is like on a station and if you wanted to there were activities from horse riding and clay pigeon shooting Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- Lake Taupō, Waikato, New Zealand===Chirstchurch - via Picton - Taupo (809km/503m)===
We had arranged for a shuttle to pick us up from our hotel in Christchurch and take us to the Apollo depot as it was 2km away from the airport and we had no Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jan 30, 2014
- It may not have felt like Christmas...Situated between the beach (Tasman Sea) and the rainforest (Paparoa National Park) we celebrated Christmas Day by going for a walk in the rain.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC2 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 2, 2014
- Trip to Cape Reinga[float=right][/float]
The first part of my journey in New Zealand, after having taken a deserved rest in Auckland for a few days, was to go North to the most northern point of New Zealan Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Feb 2, 2014
- Roturua to TaupoWe had a great few days on excursions out of Roturua and forgotten to mention the town itself, which is an oversight as its lovely if you can put out of your mind the eggy fart smell which permeates through Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- White IslandWe had an early start out of Rotorua as our transfer to Whakatane where the the ferry would take us to White Island and allow to get up close and personal with a live and active marine Volcano! The Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- South Island here we come!There are two ferries that travel between Wellington in the North Island and Picton in the South Island. Sue chose to book us passage on the budget rust bucket Bluebridge Ferry to save some $$$. As of Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 1, 2014