- Great Barrier IslandWe just got back from a short stay on Great Barrier Island. As we only had three days we decided to take the 30 minute flight rather than the 4 ½ hour ferry to get to the island. Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Apr 21, 2014
- Week 1: The beginning...Our trip started with an over loaded polo in Gisborne.
We travelled down south, visited family and spent a week fishing, kiwi spotting and insulating our place on Stewart Island.
[img=http:/ Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Apr 21, 2014
- The breathtaking Bay of IslandsFrom the Coromandel Peninsula we headed west and further north again into Northland - the uppermost region of New Zealand's North Island. The weather was still incredible for the time of year - even the locals had started to comment Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 20, 2014
- Let's go to the Beach! Beach! Beach!Good Saturday began with- you guessed it- SUNSHINE!! I can’t believe our good luck as the weather gods finally took a day off from tormenting us. The forecast had called for rain and we were prepared to be disappointed about Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 20, 2014
- Strong Men come from EnglandIt seems the rain gods had decided that we had been having too much fun because by Thursday Rotorua (and much of New Zedland) was under a complete torrential downpour. The kind of face slapping, sideways rain that basically makes Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 20, 2014
- So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish.Unlike many (/most) of my previous entries, I am not writing this while backpacking on some unsuspecting cafe's wifi, or holed up in a library hogging the powerpoint as I charge a myriad of appliances, or even while attempting to Posted by lucyfbaird in You Can't Have a Favourite Place... | Apr 19, 2014
- Our Final Week of Travels Spent in New Zealand!
We arrived in New Zealand's North Island after two exceptional weeks of camping travels in the South Island. After picking up our new (very big, very fast!) car rental in Wellington, Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Our Second Superb Week in New Zealand...
After an amazing 6 days to the start of our New Zealand camping roadtrip, we left the spectacular Milford Sound and drove the four hours up to Queenstown. Both Ben and I really loved Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Last Stop: New Zealand! Week One in This Amazing Country...
So we're now in New Zealand! Our flight from Fiji landed us in Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island, where we were met with RAIN - and you don't know how pleased we were! After Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- The wet and windy west coastAfter leaving Wanaka we drove to the West coast to the villages of Fox Glacier and Franz Josef. The main attractions here being the glaciers! When we arrived the weather was having a shocking time. We headed first to Fox Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- WanakaA small distance north of Queenstown is Wanaka on the shore of the the lake and surrounded by mountains. We spent two nights here, camping the first and as the rain descended staying in a luxurious (some may say basic, Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- Queenstown to ArrowtownOur first night in Queenstown was spent camping in a central though slightly less then appealing campsite near the town. Queenstown is the party and extreme sport capital of the South Island and reminds me slightly of Newquay (you can Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- Milford SoundsThe next day after we'd completed the Kepler track we took it easy and drove the famous Milford Road to Milford Sounds. The road itself is a beautiful drive with numerous stops along the way. We stopped at the Mirror Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- We are on our way Waiting in Christchurch for flight to Auckland, which is delayed due to bad weather. Hope it doesn't get too late! Here is Cameron, loaded up and ready to go. Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 17, 2014
- Walking in a Thermal Wonderland and a Very Kia Ora EveningRotorua is a thermal hot spot. If you don't know what this means, basically imagine a town that smells like rotten egg, has warm water, and steam coming out of random streams. I'm sure our friendly geologist Debbie will have Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 16, 2014
- Light at the End of the TunnelFor our beautiful, warm, sunny day in Waitomo we decided to make the most of it and head down into the deep, dark, wet, gloomy caves where weather could really make ZERO difference to our activities (Top trip planners right Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 16, 2014
- Slowing the pace on the Coromandel PeninsulaThere's not masses to say about this bit as we took a breather from doing too much and basically chilled out. So this blog is more a showcase of pics as much as anything.
We stayed on the Coromandel Peninsula for Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 15, 2014
- 487 Step ProgramAhh, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Described widely as “the best one-day tramp in NZ”. A hike through volcanic activity, steaming vents, and coloured lakes.
We mainly saw a grey cloud and about 2 feet in front of us, as the conditions Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 14, 2014
- Mediocre Food, Hilarious CompanyI can’t exactly recall where Liz left off and I’m much too lazy to go back and check- so I will recount our days in Wellington from our arrival.
We checked into the hostel at 11 something PM and I Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 14, 2014
- 200 days on the roadWednesday 9 April marked our 200 day milestone (or 28.5 weeks, or 6 months and 3 weeks), so it feels about right for another one of those "how are we really doing" blogs.
I read somewhere - I think on another Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 13, 2014
- Boat CountThis is our tally for boat counts on this trip:
Auckland Harbour ferry 1
Ipipiri inflatable 3
Russell ferry 4 Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 13, 2014
- Day 33 - 13th AprilIt will be lovely to see kids again - Easter weekend confirmed Sian and Carys for lunch (hopefully Rhys as well) - but today we start the long journey back home.
Breakfast in the motel room and then time to ditch Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 13, 2014
- Day 32 - 12th April
Saturday morning and the weather in Dunedin has been rubbish all night.
No real plan today - we wanted to see penguins, and the Otago peninsula. Considered the Albatross tour, but Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- Day 31 - 11th AprilSO Dunedin is to be our last proper stop of the holiday.
Travelling day today down to Dunedin, the furthest point south we are going. About 300 or so km.
Packed the car and Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- The Wine Glass is Half-FullTo those of you who think that we have been drinking too much, and to those of you who think we have not been drinking enough: One of you is about to be very happy.
After our mad dash up Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 11, 2014