- Visions of Hell in Wai-O-TapuPicture an Old Testament image of hell where the landscape is dotted with giant cauldrons of boiling mud awaiting the souls of the unrepentant …
Where a single mortal sin will condemn unbeli Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 14, 2016
- Martinborough Day 1This weekend we went to Martinborough. It was relatively last minute, so it was a short trip. Only about a two hour train ride. On the Saturday we rented bikes and visited some wineries. It was very relaxing and laid Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Feb 13, 2016
- "Long Black Train"Unfortunately it was time for us to leave Ohope. I did explain to Gordon if he had let us travel for a year we could have found somewhere to rent there for a while but as it was plans had Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 13, 2016
- I'm in loveA warning: this will be a rather long rambling blog post and will be somewhat gushing as I've fallen for this little country, perhaps more than Australia. I could see us living here at some point. Sorry Oz. How fickle Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 12, 2016
- Life in the Land of the Long White CloudIn the past week we have driven well over a thousand kilometres and have arrived in the centre of the North Island - known as the Land of the Long White Cloud by the Maoris. We are staying by New Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 11, 2016
- Off to Queenstown!Heading to the South Island to meet up with Lauren and Claire. The Wellington airport had a Lord of the Rings theme with large flying figures hanging from the ceiling [img Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 10, 2016
- Day 2 WellingtonAfter so much rugby frenzy we thought we should spend our last day in Wellington exploring the city. We took the incline to the top of the city. [img=http://photos.travell Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 10, 2016
- It’s a Green, Green, Green, Green WorldWe recently visited the onetime home of English captain James Cook in Whitby, Yorkshire, and have now tracked his voyage to the ends of the earth – to Gisborne, New Zealand, where he first landed in 1769. His statue on Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 10, 2016
- "Whoa Black Betty Bam Ba Lam"You will be sick of all these song references with black in the title by the end of our NZ visit as we still have over 2 weeks here. Well it is the national colours. More on that later.
Gisborne , Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 9, 2016
- and so to Middle Earth (after the Superbowl that is)First impressions of New Zealand are it is beautiful, breathtakingly so. That is based on just the view from the plane on the way to Auckland, and Auckland airport where I am sat writing this waiting for the short flight Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 9, 2016
- New Zealand Highlights So FarNow it's time to actually tell you guys what I've been up to since I arrived in New Zealand. I won't go day by day, but I'll give highlights and some amusing tidbits.
After the first couple days in Auckland sorting Posted by klorenzooo in Kristian Round the World | Feb 8, 2016
- KiwilandSandy Cathedral Cove and its verdant islands near the tiny community of Hahei on the Coromandel Peninsula is a spectacular sight when glimpsed above a forest of lofty tree ferns…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/large_View_of_Cathedral_Cove. Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 7, 2016
- "Black is Black"North Island
Thank you for all your get well messages for Gordon , it seems as if he has finally got rid of the lurgy,fingers crossed as he's also running out of Imodium !
We picked up the rental car in Auckland Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 7, 2016
- Part 3After our first few months in New Zealand, we are feeling more comfortable. It’s more noticeable to hear an American accent than a kiwi accent these days. We also now look forward to returning home after weekend Posted by pyrakc in A year in New Zealand | Feb 7, 2016
- This Topsy-Turvy WorldSufferers of jet-lag should probably avoid weeks like ours. In 4 days we have been in 5 countries, 4 time zones, 3 continents, both hemispheres and both sides of the International Date Line. So far we have travelled 17,000 kms Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 5, 2016
- Caravan Diaries Pt VITo pick up where I left off in my last post, I quit Mokihinui, had a last wander around Westport and headed north, up the side of the Buller River.
After an ill-advised stop for a beer i Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Feb 5, 2016
- "Paint it Black"Auckland
We had a really easy arrival into Auckland even though having watched countless episodes of "Nothing to Declare" we declared everything! The customs official went through the motions with us but obviously decided we weren't big shot smugglers. T Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 4, 2016
- Road TripMonday we joined the crowds, well not so big crowds, at the Auckland Day festival. There was a few stalls and the opportunity to look at some old tug boats. We also saw a sail race where the sail boats Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Feb 3, 2016
- WellingtonWe spent the morning at the hotel catching up on things and going to the gym. We walked over to Westpac Stadium around noon to see what the situation was with the rugby tournament. It was a beautiful day and Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 3, 2016
- Trip to WellingtonThe train to wellington is unique. the train trip, while offering spectacular views, takes three times as long as it takes to drive. Anyway, we got on. We met some nice folks, caught up Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 1, 2016
- AucklandWe arrived into Auckland early Sunday morning. We had to get up early as you need to be out of your cabin by 8am. We all sat together for breakfast before bidding farewell to Robyn and Bob who were flying Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 31, 2016
- AucklandWe could actually see our hotel as we disembarked the ship. Since it was only a few blocks away, we thought we would borrow the luggage trolley to help carry our luggage to the hotel. We Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 31, 2016
- Last moments on Seabourn shipLast formal night selfie.
Believe it or not, 22 days went very quickly. The crew, pictured here, were first rate. Regardless of which countr Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 26, 2016
- TaurangaWe had a great tour out of Tauranga to Rotorua visiting boiling mud pools, beautiful lakes and a redwood forest. The highlight of the day was a water taxi across Lake Tarawera to a hot spring pool and a hot Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 29, 2016
- Napier, TaurangaOn Thursday we docked at Napier a lovely retro town. All of the town was destroyed in an earthquake in 1930's so they decided to rebuild in retro style.
We took the shuttle and went to watch Michael dive with Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 29, 2016