- day 9 - Auckland to NgaruawahiaWe got our car! Very scared of course that there is something wrong with it, but it has a WOF (warranty of fitness) till end of april so it should be fine. Need register it, take insurance, some shopping and Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 11, 2014
- Waihi Beach to Rotorua NZDec 10 2014-
Waihi Beach is a nice beach and again has nobody on it except us and 4 others on this cool morning. It rained for the first time last night and it was sunny for a while before Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Dec 11, 2014
- Auckland, Rotorua & Bay of IslandsIt has been a long time since I last wrote a blog so this is somewhat overdue!
We have been keeping busy with visits to ‘The Arts’ – Cirque Du Soleil Totem, Bill Bailey, Sydney Dance Company and The Beatles Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Dec 9, 2014
- day 8 - AucklandWe've been looking for a car today and we might have found one! Toyota Ipsum from 1996. We will buy it tomorrow, it has a matress inside and is made for backpackers to get around with. Now the problem is Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 9, 2014
- day 7 - AucklandMore studying what to do, looking for a car. In the evening there was a small couchsurfing party where we got some good information about what to buy and where to go. Tomorrow, the search for a car is on! Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 9, 2014
- day 6 - AucklandIn search for a what to do here. Looking for a car, sim card, phone nr is now 0224509647 (don't ask me the country code of NZ :P). In the evening we went for a walk that lasted 4 hours, Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 9, 2014
- day 5 - New ZealandThis time the flight was not so nice. It was difficult also, because the night and day were totally screwed by the time we were flying. Got into the city centre, sat in a park and got our things together. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 9, 2014
- Let's get up-to-dateSo welcome to my first post since arriving in New Zealand. Forgive me but I first need to bring you up-to-date with the story. First there was a rather lovely wedding.
T Posted by TheHagues in The Hagues do New Zealand | Dec 8, 2014
- The Kiwi HuntIt was a dark dark night with only the moon light to guide us and came a terible skreech Pheeeeeeee pheeeeeeeeeeee pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! and out of the bushes came a terible looking ugly claw my hart skiped a beat Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Dec 8, 2014
- KIA ORAQueenstown, home of the bungee (or bungy) and a plethora of extreme sports, was our choice for a four day pitstop to pause on the driving for a bit. With toddler though backpackers and boozers don't quite work so we Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Dec 7, 2014
- Winding around the Coromandel PeninsulaDec 8 2014
Left Hot Beach Camp this morning on a trip to Hehai where a treck for an hour would take us to Cathedral Cove, a secluded beach with a unique rock formation with volcanic and calcium origins, resulting Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Dec 8, 2014
- Northland Cape Reinga then down Kauri CoastWe have moved on from Bay of Islands and travelled across the Northland District to the town of Kaitaia which is the hub for people going to Cape Reinga being the most northern point of NZ. Another good campsite found Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Dec 8, 2014
- Drive to CoromandelDec 7 2014-
Up early and off down the Motorway through Auckland trying to stay ahead of the Sunday traffic. Luckily for us most traffic is going back to the city from the beaches for the weekend. Beautiful day for this Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Dec 8, 2014
- about to leave in 6 daysWell we head off to Auckland on Saturday and then fly out on MOnday. Very excited. Decided this is the way we are going to try and share our adventures and our photos.
We are just really working out Posted by Bronwyn.Hooper in bronwyn and dean adventuring | Dec 7, 2014
- Photosynthesis The [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMVHhxTtLc|title]] of this entry does not reflect the amount of sun we have been having, although right now it is gorgeous in Wanaka. More that I've been enjoying doing lots of different things in the last few weeks Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Dec 6, 2014
- Rafting in RotoruaNow that I am home and have access to a cd drive, I can load all my rafting photos from Rotorua.
These first photos show us loading up into the rafts and doing the warm-up 2m and 1m waterfall drops. Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Dec 6, 2014
- Watch out for the monkeys [quote]
1. Don't drink the water unless it's bottled or you'll get sick
2. Sometimes they just put tap water into bottles so watch out for that too...maybe try not to drink too much water but don't get dehydrated either
3. Don't Posted by Iztravelling in Seriously | Dec 5, 2014
- Te Araroa - Auckland to Taumarunui[center]We finally dragged ourselves away from the comforts of Auckland. The comforts being at Cath's place, which included a good bed, daily hot showers, fresh food, Sky TV and Wifi, etc.
[map=700108 lat=-37.788039930871015 lon=174.8603416927352 zoo Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Dec 5, 2014
- TE WAIPOUNAMU The ferry trip south brings you into the port of Picton via Queen Charlotte Sound. New Zealand's fjords are tipped to be spectacular whichever guide book you favour, and we thought so too; serene is probably the best way to Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Dec 4, 2014
- Northland Discovery by Campervan
We are camped at a Top 10 holiday park in Russell , in the far north region of the North island. There is a group of 22 grade six school kids on a trip with their principal and a couple Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Dec 3, 2014
- Heading inland to escape the rainI don't have many pictures and inadequate words to describe the spectacular scenery whizzing by my car window. It really is an exciting landscape with peaks and puckers created by ancient volcanoes and transformed by sheep grazing. The coastlines are Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 13: Our final day :(Yesterday was the last day of our tour and it was a very strong one to finish. We left twizel by 8 and drove towards mount Cook. On the way we stopped at a beautiful lookout point capturing the colour Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 12: Queenstown to TwizelWe had a free morning in Queenstown for people to do various activities such as sky diving etc. I didn't have an optional activity that morning so I had a nice leisurely breakfast with a couple of others in the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 11: Milford AM and Queenstown PMThe next morning we gathered in the main saloon by 7 for breakfast. We then did a further two hour cruising, including heading out the mouth of the fjord to the Tasman. The difference out there was incredible, with the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 10: Milford SoundThe following day we were off out of Queenstown right after breakfast to head to Milford Sound. We barely had any time there but that was because the last night was a stopping point on the drive whereas we would Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014