- Auckland plus best bits!After the train delays of the previous day we only had one full day in Auckland. We had lots to fit in before setting off to continent number three. We got some currency exchanged, booked the first couple of nights Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 13, 2015
- Team Senn Rides Again - Europe 2.0Hi Team Senn friends and family,
Well finally here we are again!
It’s been 7 years since Angela and I were last in Europe and currently we find ourselves deep in preparation mode, prior to our first foray into Eastern Europe Posted by coogiextra in Team Senn - A Late OE... | Mar 10, 2015
- Queenstown.... Farewell New ZealandMarch 3
Last night as I was going to bed, I noticed a red light flashing on the dash of the car. Oh no, what now!!! Took a good look at it.... it's a symbol of a car with Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 7, 2015
- The Wild WestThis region, the West Coast of South Island, has a particularly strong connection with the early history of New Zealand. Thousands of would-be gold miners immigrated here to try and make it rich in the 1860s. There is a Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Mar 5, 2015
- Clyde and CromwellAfter our cruise, we decided to head inland to explore more of Central Otago which has some very picturesque towns. Among them are Clyde and Cromwell which are both in an orchard and wine growing region. As we travelled through, Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Mar 5, 2015
- Low Water = Canyoning ExpeditionsIt was mid December, we'd had no rain for some time which meant all the rivers had dropped out, including our favourite, Kakapotahi. We'd heard word of a log in the last drop that was a problem at low flows. Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | Mar 5, 2015
- The Best West Coast - Part 1A friend described to me our time in Hokitika as 'lost in the West Coast vortex', and its true. Since arriving on the West Coast almost four months ago it definitely feels that way. I've lost track of the Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | Mar 5, 2015
- AucklandWe arrived back to where we started almost 3 months ago, back to the traffic jams and back to the big city life. We stayed at a very nice family who we met at the Mclaren falls. We ate dinner Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Mar 2, 2015
- Albatross and Blue Penguins Feb 27
With the sun shining and blue skies, I hiked up Fox Glacier for the second time. It was much clearer than yesterday, but the sun was so bright that I couuldn't take a good picture. So you'll Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 2, 2015
- Feb. 28 - FIORDLAND NATIONAL PARK, NZ
New Zealand's 14 major South Island Fiords, misnamed "sounds" by early explorers, are all a part of Fiordland National Park.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Mar 1, 2015
- Feb. 27 - DUNEDIN, NEW ZEALAND
Golden morning light bathes the waiting timber.
The wee town of Port Chalm Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 28, 2015
- Feb. 26 - AKAROA/CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
In February of 2011 we visited Christchurch with Crystal Serenity as the city was still recovering from a 2010 September earthquake. A few days after our visit another Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 28, 2015
- New ZealandToday was our last full day in New Zealand, as we leave just after lunchtime tomorrow to catch the plane to Australia.
In looking back over the last month, I am not sure that we had many preconceived ideas of what Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 28, 2015
- Earthquake City Almost exactly 4 years ago, Christchurch suffered a massive earthquake that flattened large parts of the city centre. 185 people died and many more sustained serious injury. There is a section in the city centre, about 6 blocks Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 28, 2015
- Tongariro Northern CircuitEveryone knows Mt Doom right!? Where Frodo chucks the ring. Well we climbed it!! Right round the edge of the huge crater.
We did the Tongariro Northern Circuit, a four day walk to and from Whakapapa village. The 2nd day Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Feb 28, 2015
- The Whanganui River JourneyTo make a change from tramping our next "Great Walk" was 5 days of paddling down the Whanganui River in a canoe. Although a little apprehensive about the rapids I was looking forward to a relaxing few days floating through Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Feb 28, 2015
- Milford SoundLast time I visited Milford Sound I'd just walked the Milford Track. It had rained solidly for 3 days and I'd seen a million waterfalls but nothing but cloud on the way over the pass. On the last day arriving Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Feb 28, 2015
- Feb. 25 - WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND
The native Radiator Pine is a major product exported, primarily to China, in many of these ports.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/01A4F177A6C3B64ECF8 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 27, 2015
- Trains and boats and planesThat was the title of a popular song in the 60s, sung by Billy J Kramer. It was playing in the dining room at the hotel when we went down for breakfast. It was very appropriate, as we Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 27, 2015
- GlaciersThis was our best WOW day by a long way, but first things first.
I neglected to mention yesterday, while we were doing the beech forest walk, we saw a very inquisitive South Island White Breasted Robin. It was a Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 26, 2015
- Start of the South Island AdventureFebruary 23
My official race time: 2:23:08. I placed 1372 out of 1976 half marathon runners.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/726731/ABC17D9EFC50FB17294DB4B7BD696704.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/726731/thumb_ABC17D9EFC50FB17294DB4B Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 25, 2015
- Feb. 24 - NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND
Napier is situated on Hawke's Bay, famous for its wines, so our plan for this day had to include at least one winery! The name of the tugboat that met the Serenity, Te Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 25, 2015
- Mysterious MilfordIt has often been said that the journey is more important than the destination. This may be true for Milford Sound. We did not take the actual cruise along the sound and out to the Tasman Sea, having cruised Doubtful Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 25, 2015
- Doubtful SoundFor us, Doubtful Sound in the south west fiord area was one of the highlights of South Island. The day out on the Sound was recommended to us. It is a less popular trip than Milford Sound as it is Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 25, 2015
- Feb. 22 - TAURANGA, NEW ZEALAND
This post is all about “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings”: our day in Tauranga was the perfect time to visit the movie set at the farm in Matamata (just an hour Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 25, 2015