- Feb. 21 - AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND (DAY 3)
Third day, another ferry. We crossed Waitemata Harbour to historic Devonport.
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 23, 2015
- Coromandel Peninsula
We started the long and winding drive by stopping randomly at a some bird gardens (didn’t go in because it had an entrance fee), but we spotted a passion fruit tree and got to taste some fresh passionfruit :) We Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Feb 23, 2015
We climbed Mount Manganui and admired the beautiful views from there. Then we headed down to the beach where many people surfed, we just went for a swim. The day went fast and the weather was beautiful. We stayed the Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Feb 23, 2015
- RotoruaWe walked in the redwoods area and in the town centre and parks. Unfortunately we forgot to take the camera, so no pics. There is a nasty smell of sulphur from all this volcanic activity going under and around Rotorua. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Feb 23, 2015
- TaupoWe spent 2 relaxed days in Taupo including a lot of walking, hot springs and hitch-hiking. First day we just walked around the town and of course had to swim in lake Taupo. The next day we woke up early Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Feb 23, 2015
- A WOW dayMilford Sound is one of the 'must see' places in New Zealand. The problem is that it takes a very long time to get there by road. That meant a very early start with an alarm call at Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 23, 2015
- Feb. 20 - AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND (DAY 2)
We began the 3rd segment of the World Cruise on our 2nd day in Auckland.
I Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 22, 2015
- Te Araroa - Arthurs Pass to Twizel[center]After a few days in Christchurch feasting on lots of food and getting in some necessary shopping, Rudi drove us back to Arthurs Pass to continue our journey south on Te Araroa. First night at Hamilton Hut and we got Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Feb 22, 2015
- Windy WellingtonGung Hey Fat Choy to everyone!
The drive to Wellington would take a little over 5 hours, so I left Taupo at 8:30 am. Some parts of the motorway was pretty windy and dangerous. It was slow because of Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 22, 2015
- Bungy jumpThat got you going, didn't it! No, we didn't!
Queenstown appears to be the thrill centre of New Zealand. If you want to throw yourself off a high bridge or a mountain with your legs tied together, you Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 22, 2015
- Kiwi Christmas and New Year 2014Sorry for such a delay since our last post , we've had to move house again so we've been pretty busy (that's twice in the last three months!). All settled in a flat of our own now though which is Posted by martyandfranc in Marty and Franc in NZ | Feb 21, 2015
- Feb. 19 - AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND (DAY 1)
The Auckland skyline - the "City of Sails". Don't even try to figure out what day this is!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/DD1AC2B70AC88FE0895BC0110B Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 21, 2015
- The Breaking of the FellowshipSaturday was the last day on the bus sightseeing with the entire group. It was a good one with 5 film locations!
First we stopped at the old mining town of Arrowrown to pick up jewelry orders and do some shopping. Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 21, 2015
Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand but has a population of just over 400,000 people, compared to Auckland which has over a million. However, it has as many cafes, bars, restaurants and activities as you would expect in Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 21, 2015
- PanoramaWe set off today from Dunedin for Queenstown. The first part of the journey was rather unexciting but, as we ventured further West, the scenery gradually changed and became more dramatic. Much of the route was swept up Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 21, 2015
- Rohan, Ghosts, Zombies, and FoodHow is it Friday of our 2nd week already?! In the morning we headed south back to another Rohan location at The Old Moa Creek Gold Mining Ghost Town. The brochure advertises that it is good for weddings, reunions, and Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 20, 2015
- A question of degreeI have good news and bad news. The good news is that we didn't get blown up last night. The bad news is that you've got to put up with more of this!
We started today not feeling hopeful Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 20, 2015
- Feb. 18 - PAHIA, BAY OF ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND
Our revised itinerary (skipping Rarotonga due to sea conditions for the tenders) put us in Pahia in the beautiful Bay of Islands on the North Island of New Zealand. It Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 19, 2015
- From Rohan to Gondor to CromwellIt's hard to beat the awesomeness of hiking Edoras, but we had a very fun day on Thursday. The day started with a trip to the site of Pelennor Fields, which is on a privately owned sheep farm in Twizel. Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 19, 2015
- Boul(der)ed overA looooong and mostly uninteresting drive today to Dunedin. The journey was over 250 miles and, given that the maximum speed limit over here is 62mph, it took hours!!
The one highlight was at Moeraki, which in Maori means a Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 19, 2015
- AwesomeThe true sense of the word awesome implies a kind of paralysis before a superior being or unprecedented event. The word has been over-used for some time and has therefore lost its original power. I have, however, come to accept Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 18, 2015
- Scenic OverloadUp early (5:30 early ugh) on Wednesday for a big day! We climbed to Edoras (or to the top of Mt. Sunday for all you common folk). After a bit of a drive, and grabbing a picnic lunch, we found Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 18, 2015
- Bike, boat and bonkersThe day started with a slight disappointment. We went to book an evening tour to see penguins in their natural habitat but were told that the tour was being cancelled due to insufficient numbers of penguins at this time Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 18, 2015
- Week one is done.....Wow! Time sure flies when you're having fun. I've had so many people tell me that my trip will be over before I know it, didn't believe them. Next Sunday is my half marathon day. I have not Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 17, 2015
- East Coast StyleToday was a travel day as we went 4 hours down the east coast to Christchurch. The views were lovely the whole trip as we followed the ocean. We made stops for:
* second breakfast at a cute cafe
* New Zealand Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 17, 2015