- GEEKS ASSEMBLEWe are pretty much one unmarked van and a pair of binoculars away from making this New Zealand leg of our trip as geeky as we can make it. If we had our own car we would buy the Lord Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- The Long and Winding Road
We are exactly halfway through our trip today and I am pretty sure that the pace will pick up now and that time will gain momentum over the next ten weeks. For this morning the focus was Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 3, 2015
- 'Round and 'round Rotorua So we have been staying in Rotorua: we got here after the glow worm caves and did the Hobbiton tour from here. Rotorua was a very nice surprise. We weren't expecting much, a small village with a few cafes and Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 2, 2015
- The Ancient Kauri Tree
We had nowhere pressing to go today so we decided to have a relaxing morning at the lodge, catching up with bookings, emails and this blog. We had considered going out on the bikes prov Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 2, 2015
- Culture and Nature Combined
We were on the move again today, travelling west and southwards to our next port of call. There were a couple of sights near to Paihia that we hadn't yet seen and I was keen to visit Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 2, 2015
- Exploring the Northland
Having had a pretty busy day yesterday we wanted to have a slightly more relaxing time today, and as if to prove the point Helen came over to service our room at about 10ish to find us Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 1, 2015
- The Herakovics of Bag EndIf any of you heard a really high pitched noise at about 1pm NZ time on Friday, something along the lines of SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! don't be alarmed. That was just Gina getting off the bus to Hobbiton.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/755228/5B8 Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- Where the Ocean meets the Sea
Having had a long journey yesterday the thought of a full day on a coach didn't initially fill us with joy as it meant being up and out of our accommodation before 7am. However we had a Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 1, 2015
- Taking the Road North (again)
It was time to move on again and so we put our packing routine into action. This has now become a well rehearsed activity. Any clothes still out back in packing cubes (these have turn Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 30, 2015
- Perspectives on Auckland
A good nights sleep did wonders for our morale and we woke up really looking forward to our day in Auckland. One of the things that I was hoping we might be able to do was Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 30, 2015
- Introduction to New Zealand
It was sad to have to leave Australia today, although it was exciting to be travelling to New Zealand. We had to leave the hotel just before 9am in order to make the short drive to Cairns Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 28, 2015
- Road trip #3 Edoras/Mt. SundayThis weekend was a slightly more special weekend as it is Oma's Birthday!!! Congratulations! hope you had a lovely and enjoyable day! (Gefeliciteerd Oma hoop dat je een leuke dag heb gehad en vooral veel genoten en taart gegeten heeft! Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Sep 27, 2015
- Road trip#2 - KaikouraLast weekend I went on my second slightly smaller road trip compared to the first one. This was took me up north along the east coast towards Kaikoura!
Kaikoura is well known for the coast and marine wildlife as they have Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Sep 25, 2015
- Kia Ora, New Zealand I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the airport. There was no way I wanted to leave Australia. With one foul-mouthed exception, I love everything about it. But New Zealand is calling. Kia Ora means hello/welcome in Maori, Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Sep 25, 2015
- Here we go again???????????????????A trip to the travel agent this afternoon has resulted in all those discussions about another trip to Europe in 2016.
Why, you might ask? Well because Emma is graduating from her four years in Newcastle with her Law Degree, and Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Sep 16, 2015
- Ready to go ...7 years and 5 months since we left! Indy was only 15 months and Freya 3 years old. Indy didn't sleep the whole way and Freya had so many questions the entire way. Can remember feeling sick Posted by Jac Chester in It's been a long time .... | Sep 10, 2015
- Road Trip! #1 West CoastIt has been awhile since we had time to do some sightseeing, luckily last weekend we did. The only downside was the rainy weather. But that didn't stop us from going on an (wet) adventure!
We started our journey on the Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Sep 4, 2015
- Internship UpdateIt has been awhile since I had time to see parts of New Zealand and post about it on my blog. The last few weeks have been pretty busy. So I thought you would maybe be a bit interested in Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Aug 30, 2015
- Tag 5Heute konnten wir aus verschieden Touren auswählen. Wir entschlossen uns den nordwestlichsten Punkt der Aupouri-Halbinsel und damit den nordwestlichsten Punkt der neuseeländischen Nordinsel zu besuchen. Am Cape Reinga treffen zwei verschiedene Wassermasse Posted by fegoeskiwi in FE goes KIWI | Nov 7, 2015
- EcoZip - whizzing across Waiheke Island at 60km/hrYEAH! My first blog about New Zealand.
Well, it was about bloody time as I've been here a month now. I've packed so much in I don't even know where the days have gone. I've been on so man Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Aug 25, 2015
- Post ScriptDarren had rung us while we were in descent mode at Mt Lyford, so JT rang back while on the ferry and said “Yes, let’s head up to Turoa tomorrow”. I mean, what else would you do on return from Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Homeward BoundNo snow on the drive today, but decided to visit Ohau on the way past. What a drive up to the ski field. Spectacular scenery, but glad we were in a 4WD! Impressed by the ski field, for a club Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Last Day's SkiingFor the last day’s skiing we decided to head over to Coronet Peak. Lovely sunny day, but the skiing wasn't as good as we know Coronet can be (read concrete ), the ski racers love those hard conditions I know, Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 21, 2015
- Stewart Island[center]There are still a few blog entries that we were hoping to post but they seem to have taken a back seat now that we're back at home and back at work. Here's our Stewart Island story.
After finishing Te Araroa Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Aug 15, 2015
- No Ski DayGlenn’s last day in Wanaka proved to be a non-ski day. Wind and visibility closed the field for the first time this season. We headed off to window shop in Queenstown for the afternoon…..had a walk around the gardens watching Posted by EMTHOMSON in South Island Trip 2015 | Aug 13, 2015