- KaikouraEarly rise for me that day... The bus which would take me along the east coast to the small town Kaikoura really had to leave at 720am... Awesome! Not really... So I had to get up super early since I Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 15, 2015
- Kia ora!!!Hi everyone, I finally managed to get back working on my blog again!!! Don't ask what took me so long; to make it short: university and work.^^
After some incredible and unforgettable months in Australia, I made my way to New Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 14, 2015
- Hiking + GondolaCloudy Day
Lunch at Flame
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by kit.winzie in Honeymoon | May 13, 2016
- 1st day in NZ10AM
Lunch at KFC + McDonald
It was raining when rent our car
Check in with Honeymoon Suite
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by kit.winzie in Honeymoon | May 13, 2016
- Boarding NZ10
Plane was pretty amazing to be honest but they did have some teething problems, they ran out of hot water and the Air Con packed up for like half an hour half way through the flight. Pretty severe Posted by Dentherese in Den & Therese Vegas Trip | May 10, 2016
- Routeburn RunWell that was awesome!
The run was scheduled for 8am Saturday morning and at 5am they postponed the race until Sunday because of concerns about weather (the forecast looked like snow, ice and 65kmh winds at the pass). Truly, the race Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | May 8, 2016
- Home Sweet HomeThank heavens for travel insurance - definitely wouldn't travel overseas without it.
SCTI flew us both home Emirates Business Class - can't speak too highly of Emirates, they looked after us very well indeed. Wish we could fly business class all Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Apr 30, 2016
- ChristchurchInitially I was sad to be leaving the Stray group today, but as Rolex nearly tipped the bus over and then almost crashed into a lorry, I was pretty glad to be escaping with my life. Unsurprisingly, a fair few Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 28, 2016
- Well done Mother Nature, Well DoneBye Queenstown! Wish me luck... Which I will definitely need judging by the arrival our newest driver Rolex made. Mum you needn't be upset by the 4x4, this dude took out a bollard and a fairly decent sized tree as Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 28, 2016
- Torchlight, Tuataras and ToiletsSo today we headed to the Deep South. We lost a lot of people off the bus this morning (not through death or mis placement, you understand, they just didn't come with us), and gained some other newbies. Also got Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 28, 2016
- God Damn it Richie!Back on the bus and over to Queenstown we go! We stopped at Puzzling World, which was good fun. Saw some optical illusions, did some puzzles and escaped a giant maze (only just). Next stop was A.J.Hackett, home of all Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- Drip, Drip, Drip Little April ShowersToday was the first day the weather has not really gone our way. We drive from Franz Josef to Wanaka today, and were supposed to stop and do several walks on the way, but the weather was too bad. Despite Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- The cold never bothered me anyway...This morning I said goodbye to Westport with a heavy heart (not really) and thumping headache. Nothing a brisk walk at Foulwinds (the name DOES reflect the place) wouldn't sort out. We also had stop offs at Harihari Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue...Again quite a lot of travelling today as we made our way over to Westport. We did stop to do a couple of short walks along the coast, and saw some more Seals and Dolphins. A few more bus games, Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 26, 2016
- Abel Tasman National ParkThe 12th of April was mainly spent travelling to our next destination (hopefully not final one!). We didn't have to meet the new bus until 12.30pm, so had a lie in and a late breakfast (while making use of the Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 24, 2016
- Sunrise swim with Dusky Dolphins So when my alarm went off at 4.30am, and I realised I had to part with 165 of my hard earned dollars, I was a little unsure of the rash decision I made yesterday. Nevertheless, bikini in hand, I mooched Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 24, 2016
- NZ South Island- First day of school again... Today was my first day on the Stray bus and it was like starting school all over again. Wandering aimlessly round the grounds of Christchurch airport (lucky I wasn't arrested to be fair) I finally spotted the bright orange bus Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | Apr 24, 2016
- A Few PhotosHere are a few photos.
A beautiful sunset over the river in Raglan. Raglan is a cute little beach spit about an hour away from where we live in Hamilton.
Here are Jennie and Fletche Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | Apr 21, 2016
- Christchurch & surroundings - Kiwiland visit comes to an end==Aoraki Mt Cook National Park==
On our drive to Mount Cook, we had hopes that once we arrive the weather would clear up...
... that was not the case... Our best shot of Mt Cook
[im Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- Long Time ComingThe problem with not posting for a long time is that it gets harder and harder to catch up. So I'll just start this the same way one would eat an elephant (as the saying goes), one bite at Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | Apr 18, 2016
- AN AMAZING LIBRARY HAS BEEN LOSTOn the second of April, when I mentioned to our Rwandan flatmate that our best friend Leo had passed away he told me “in my country we believe that when an elderly person dies a big library is lost; all Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Apr 15, 2016
- Nearly packedThis post is to test my photo uploading skills. Loving my Kathmandu packing cells - thanks to Jill for the tip! Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 12, 2016
- HANMER SPRINGS to MOANA to CHRISTCHURCH : 10 & 11th APRIL Yesterday was a rather leisurely start, being Sunday we had a sleep in and then ventured over to The Stag Restaurant for a very generous buffet breakfast. On the road a bit later it was rather crisp but lovely Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 11, 2016
- Moving from West to East - Beautiful, Amazing, Unreal!==Milford Sound==
Had to go up in our terms early to catch the boat at midday.
The drive over to Milford Sound went through an enormous mountain, one way of course. Interesting was that you can drive through the mountain from 4 Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 11, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 59 April 2016
There was heavy rain again during the night. The morning was a bit overcast but the rain didn’t return.
The morning routine was breakfast (cooked or continental – or both) and then we prepared our own lunch and snacks Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 11, 2016