- Day 33 - 13th AprilIt will be lovely to see kids again - Easter weekend confirmed Sian and Carys for lunch (hopefully Rhys as well) - but today we start the long journey back home.
Breakfast in the motel room and then time to ditch Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 13, 2014
- Day 32 - 12th April
Saturday morning and the weather in Dunedin has been rubbish all night.
No real plan today - we wanted to see penguins, and the Otago peninsula. Considered the Albatross tour, but Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- Day 31 - 11th AprilSO Dunedin is to be our last proper stop of the holiday.
Travelling day today down to Dunedin, the furthest point south we are going. About 300 or so km.
Packed the car and Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- The Wine Glass is Half-FullTo those of you who think that we have been drinking too much, and to those of you who think we have not been drinking enough: One of you is about to be very happy.
After our mad dash up Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 11, 2014
- KaikouraOur first stop on the South Island was down the East coast in Kaikoura, a town famous for its wales and dolphins. Unfortunately the weather was a little overcast when we arrived though it did clear up before we left. Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 10, 2014
- WellingtonWellington is the third largest city in New Zealand and feels like it has a bit of life in it after the rather quiet centre of the country, which made a nice change. We spent our first day visiting the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 10, 2014
- New Zealand Wrap-up This is a miscellaneous collection of pictures and maybe brief stories from the North Island that didn't fit anywhere else.
While in Hawke's Bay we drove up to the lookout and there we Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 10, 2014
- Day 30 - 10th April
Up early to be picked up at 7.00 on s chilly and misty start to the day.
A comedian coach driver/guide (as Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 10, 2014
- The Ultimate Arcade GameQueenstown is basically the place you go to make all the bad decisions you can with the amount of money you have on hand- with enough bars to drink away any regrets you may be having about bungee-ing away your Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 9, 2014
- Day 29 - 9th AprilSo today we leave Queenstown to go to Lake Te Anau.
We dropped the luggage off at Hertz with Karen, and I went to drop the car off at Apex and walked over to Hertz. Once we ha Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 9, 2014
- Going subterranean in WaitomoThe next stop was highly anticipated - going underground to see the glowworms of the Waitomo caves.
The drive there from New Plymouth was gorgeous... passing coastal scenery, villages with little more than beach shacks looking out to sea, rolling hills Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 8, 2014
- Day 28 - 8th AprilYesterday, Nick our BBQ bus driver recommended a trip to Glenorchy on the Southern side of Lake Wakatipu.
After an aborted trip to Coronet Peak, (we thought we could find it without checking a map or Sat Nav!), we did a Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 8, 2014
- Blue Duck in the BushSorry to disappoint all the Lani fans out there- it’s Liz again. I have a cold (the horror!), and so I sent Lani out to play while I rest so that I won’t be a downer for too long.
We’ve spent Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 7, 2014
- Day 27 - 7th AprilYes - I know I have skipped a few days - bear with me - will update those as well, but believe me - fitting in all of this at the end of a busy day is hard work.
It is Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 7, 2014
- Clotted Cream and a Three Horse TownThis blog update is a couple of days behind; we apologize on behalf of New Zealand for the not-so accessible WiFi and also for keeping us busy having too much fun.
I’ll start with a quick note on the weather in Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 7, 2014
- The RockFirst, a quick story before the story.
Our day started when we woke up and realized that our car wouldn't start. Uh oh. After awhile, we determined that the battery was dead because a light was left on. Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 6, 2014
- Day 24 - 4th AprilLeisurely start to the day, as the glacier car park is about 10 mins drive from the Motel.
We parked up and then as the sun started peeking through the clouds, we walked up the valley, past waterfalls and up Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 6, 2014
- Day 23 - 3rd AprilUp early, breakfast with Graham and Bev, and then Bev drops us off at the railway station to board the Tranz Alpine Express.
The j Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 6, 2014
- Day 22 - 2nd AprilBreakfast, pack (checking no chargers left behind, or even worse, new $40 belt!), and drive to Christchurch.
The road was initially along the coast road but soon went back inland through the lower slopes of the hills and mountains.
[img=http://photos. Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 6, 2014
- Whanganui riverTo make a change from our usual walking tours we decided to do something different and hire a canoe for three days rowing down the Whanganui river. Each day was 6 - 7 hours of paddling starting at Whakahoro and Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 5, 2014
- Getting readyWe've spent the weekend getting ready for our big adventure, printing maps, working out what to pack. Lots of fun for Jo, but the kids are getting a bit bored ... they want the real adventure! Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 5, 2014
- New Plymouth & The Forgotten World HighwayNew Plymouth is located on the west coast, a bit out on a limb, and is dominated by Mount Taranaki.
To get there we took the Forgotten World Highway (forgotten to tarmac it in places as Ant pointed out), which regrettably Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 5, 2014
- Day 21 - 1st AprilWe left Blenheim for the short drive South to Kaikoura.
This is the main road by the way - State Highway 1.
As we were driving Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Apr 5, 2014
- I Think I'm 25?This morning started with our break out of Jail and Christchurch. It was grey and cloudy so we were all too pleased to move on. We began the drive to Dunedin through many a farm field and "One Horse Towns". Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 4, 2014
- Waltzing Matilda (or Helen!) returns to Oz and my NZ finale.Sydney 20th feb - 26th feb 2014
I returned to Australia for 6 days to catch up with friends I didn't have the chance to see while I was there previously. My destination was Sydney and I was looking forward to Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Apr 3, 2014