- Pancake Rocks and Jade Carving!It was a relief to wake up to sunshine after the worst downpour they had had this year! But our time a Abel Tasman had run out as we had to keep moving to stick to the schedule. It felt Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 3, 2014
- Moving on to South Island!Nursing some sore heads we somehow managed to get up early to grab the shuttle to the ferry that would be taking us to the South Island. This passing had been rumoured to be somewhat treacherous at times so we Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 3, 2014
- Onwards to WellingtonMoving on from Tongariro was tough as we missed out on an experience but the show must go on and we headed on to the capital Wellington, to see what it had in store for us.
The journey is one of Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- Abel Tasman nearly landed hereHaving a 13-year-old and a 6-year-old makes it challenging to find activities that please both kids. Today we explored the Abel Tasman National Park. First we cruised on an excursion boat along the entire coastline of the park and saw Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 2, 2014
- Day 22: Boat Tour of Abel Tasman National ParkHello blog readers,
You will see in today's post that I saw a lot of wonderful birds. Over the next two weeks, I will be seeing many more birds than I have been seeing so far with changes in location and Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 2, 2014
- You Shall Not PASS!!We left Blue Duck station in good spirits having enjoyed the beautiful scenery and were eager for our next stop which was the National Park where we could take on the Tongariro Alpine crossing, which is an 6-8 hour walk Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- Blue Duck StationThe Blue Duck station is a working farm located in Whakahoro and would be an opportunity to see what life is like on a station and if you wanted to there were activities from horse riding and clay pigeon shooting Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- Lake Taupō, Waikato, New Zealand===Chirstchurch - via Picton - Taupo (809km/503m)===
We had arranged for a shuttle to pick us up from our hotel in Christchurch and take us to the Apollo depot as it was 2km away from the airport and we had no Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jan 30, 2014
- It may not have felt like Christmas...Situated between the beach (Tasman Sea) and the rainforest (Paparoa National Park) we celebrated Christmas Day by going for a walk in the rain.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC2 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 2, 2014
- Trip to Cape Reinga[float=right][/float]
The first part of my journey in New Zealand, after having taken a deserved rest in Auckland for a few days, was to go North to the most northern point of New Zealan Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Feb 2, 2014
- Roturua to TaupoWe had a great few days on excursions out of Roturua and forgotten to mention the town itself, which is an oversight as its lovely if you can put out of your mind the eggy fart smell which permeates through Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- White IslandWe had an early start out of Rotorua as our transfer to Whakatane where the the ferry would take us to White Island and allow to get up close and personal with a live and active marine Volcano! The Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 2, 2014
- South Island here we come!There are two ferries that travel between Wellington in the North Island and Picton in the South Island. Sue chose to book us passage on the budget rust bucket Bluebridge Ferry to save some $$$. As of Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 1, 2014
- First week on South IslandGot the ferry from Wellington to Picton where we met the Stray bus again.
Went to Marlborough which is a famous vineyard, therefore got to do wine tasting! Backpackers trying to be posh
Headed to Abel Tasman National Park which was Posted by chelle323 in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 1, 2014
- Day 21: Marlborough Sounds to Abel Tasman National ParkToday we traveled from our secluded cottage in Marlborough Sounds to Abel Tasman National Park, a beautiful preserve in the northwestern part of the South Island of New Zealand.
Our first activity for the day was a water taxi ride bright Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 1, 2014
- Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand ===Aoraki/Mt Cook Village - Christchurch (332km / 206m)===
It was with a great deal of reluctance that we left Aoraki / Mt Cook. The clouds from the previous day had completely shifted and the mountains were looking spectacular, but after Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jan 26, 2014
- Days 19 and 20: South Island!This is the promised post for yesterday and the day before (1-31 and 2-1 New Zealand dates).
FRIDAY, JANUARY 31:
Our big travel day from the North Island to the South Island of New Zealand happened two days ago. We got up Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 1, 2014
- North Island : Part two of the Christmas and NY adventureOur next stop was Gisborne where we woke up in the morning ready to depart Mahia in a flood of water around the tents. Luckily not enough to have leaked into the tents though we packed up pretty sharpish during Posted by Halgerty12 in A year in Australia | Feb 1, 2014
- Getting our Hobbit-on!We had been longing for green rolling hills, the familiarity of places we knew and being able to pop into the local pub... That day had finally come as we were going to Hobbiton! Yes that's right we were returning Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Jan 31, 2014
- Day 18: LITTLE SPOTTED KIWI!!!Today was my only full day in Wellington, the capital of New Zealand. I spent the majority of the day schooling, touring around the city, swimming in the hotel pool, and eating.
Then, at seven o'clock, my dad and I Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Jan 30, 2014
- DinosaursToday we went to the Te Papa Museum in Wellington, New Zealand. It had a big exhibit on birds and dinosaurs. There was a huge sandbox where you could uncover dinosaur bones. I loved the dinosaur unit Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Jan 30, 2014
- Downton down underToday we visited the wonderful Te Papa Museum in Wellington. This is the one of the kid-friendliest museums we've seen with its many hands-on activities. Henry loved the New Zealand animals area with its emphasis on, you guessed Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Jan 30, 2014
- Day 17: Martinborough to WellingtonToday we drove from the quaint town of Martinborough to Wellington, the capital of New Zealand (Auckland is a larger city even though Wellington is the capital).
Our first major stop along the way was a beautiful three-hour hike in a Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Jan 29, 2014
- Week 2 In New ZealandStayed in Rotorua for a couple of nights with around 12 of us from the Stray bus. We got a bus to the green and blue lakes which are around 9km from Rotoura, had an hour walk around the lakes Posted by chelle323 in New Zealand 2014 | Jan 29, 2014
- Day 16: Hawke's Bay to MartinboroughSorry I haven't posted in a while; the wifi has been absolutely atrocious lately.
Today we drove from Napier in the famous Hawke's Bay, to Martinborough, a very far outskirt of Wellington, New Zealand. Many common birds were seen from the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Jan 29, 2014