- Lucked InToday I had to move into my apartment in Wellington. The day started off quite interesting and I almost missed my plane. So soon after I woke up around 8, I realized I had lost my wallet. I quickly remembered Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 21, 2016
- Paradise and GlenorchyToday was the last day of vacation before I have to go to Wellington to begin my orientation for my project. We spent the day in the greater Queenstown area and visited Glenorchy and Paradise. They were just half an Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 19, 2016
- Caravan Diaries: Pt IVHaving an accidental day in Westport had its advantages. I could stock up for Christmas in the supermarket. I could buy hardware to make repairs to my caravan (window flapping open) in Mitre 10, then go back to buy Christmas Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 17, 2016
- Milford SoundToday we drove down to the Milford Sound, one of the most famous locations in New Zealand. Apparently there had been a 16 day drought before we arrived. We were lucky enough to get there right after two days of Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 14, 2016
- Not long until the adventure starts nowNot long until the adventure starts now! Exciting! & a little daunting Posted by wm oe in W & T OE | Jan 14, 2016
- Queenstown Part 1Today we drove to Queenstown and spent the day. There are so many things to do in Queenstown. We rode up the Skyline Gondola and at the top we went luging down part of the mountain! (I have a go Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 13, 2016
- No More Sleeps!You just can't beat Wellington on a good day - and what a stunner it is today.
We've said our goodbyes to family and friends (thanks for the send off Kingi's) just waiting for the Darren taxi service and then Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 13, 2016
- Caravan Diaries: Pt IIIGreymouth. It is a town with a varied reputation. Not everyone likes it. I do. I've made at least four prior visits, have managed to spend an entire day making a very slow visit to the supermarket, have done a Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 13, 2016
- Living the dream by learning to let go of attachmentsOne lovely sunny day, I was sitting outside reading my book in the shade, expecting it to stay that way for the rest of the day, only to be horrified a little later realising that the intense heat of the Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Jan 12, 2016
- Rob Roy TrackToday we drove to Wanaka. We went to Mount Aspiring National Park and went on the Rob Roy Track. Interestingly enough, they do not call them trails, they call them tracks, and similarly it is not hiking, it is treking. Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 11, 2016
- Mount Cook Day 2We stayed near Mount Cook for a second day, and it was just as beautiful. We began the day on the Hooker Valley trail. On the way, we met up with Jena Mazzucco as we were approaching the end and Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 11, 2016
- About Me
I am a basketball coach from the University of Canterbury Basketball Club (13th year) in Christchurch, New Zealand. I am passionate about life-long learning and this is my second Posted by pvh in USA Coaching Development Tour Blog | Jan 10, 2016
- Trip Schedule
I have been extremely lucky to be able to visit and observe these college, high school and professional basketball programmes in the USA across five Posted by pvh in USA Coaching Development Tour Blog | Jan 10, 2016
- Caravan Diaries: Pt IIAfter buying my caravan, I heard so many stories I was nearly put off, thinking I'd be better off if I bought one of those tiny houses made from a shipping container and put it on the back of a Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 10, 2016
- On the way to Mount CookToday we made our way down to Mount Cook, the biggest mountain in New Zealand. As we left Dunedin, we walked up the world's steepest street, Baldwin Street.
On the way we stopped at the Mo Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 10, 2016
- Albatross, Sea Lions, and Seals oh my!Today we flew to the south island and drove down to Dunedin to go on a wildlife tour. On this 6 hour tour we saw albatross, New Zealand sea lions and seals. We also saw some penguins. Albatross are the Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 10, 2016
- PilotI arrived in New Zealand today after a long 14.5 hour flight. I met a really cool Kiwi (New Zealander) on the plane and she told me all about New Zealand and the culture (fun fact: they don't say the Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 8, 2016
- News from Down Under!Meet Jade, the latest addition to our little flock. After intense searches both on the web and on the road (looking at every van and station wagon passing, hoping to see a notice with 'for sale' on the back), we Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Jan 7, 2016
- THE YEAR 2015 HAS COME AND GONE!!!!The first year with Maya went incredibly fast, with little milestones rocketing by. We have had some great moments together and built a large number of wonderful memories. From a new born baby, she is now a toddler, which is Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jan 6, 2016
- Day 106: Devonport!Today I decided to take the short ferry ride from Auckland over to Devonport. And just like the visitor guide suggests, I was immediately in love with this picturesque village...
I went on a little walking tour which led me to Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 4, 2016
- Day 105: Actually not bad...Second to last day in New Zealand and I explored Auckland some more by walking along the first 5 - 6 km of the coast to coast walkway. That way I "discovered" Princess Street and Albert Park and some other Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 3, 2016
- Day 104: Kiwis!Back on the Kiwi bus for the last time, going back to Auckland, can't believe how quickly those 6.5 weeks went by...
On the way we stopped in Rotorua for the Kiwi Encounter. There they receive kiwi eggs collected in the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 2, 2016
- Pre-Trip PlanningSo, only 10 days until lift off.
We're both getting very excited about seeing our daughter again............and hoping there's going to be lots of snow on the mountains in Europe by the time we get to the Dolomites. Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 3, 2016
- Day 103: Rainy days...It was a pretty miserable Saturday in Taupo and the forecast didn't look promising until Tuesday, the day I am leaving New Zealand, so I had to finally bury all hopes of doing the Tongariro crossing :(
So the day was Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 1, 2016
- Day 102: Where to stay?Our plan had been to stay another night at Quentin's cousins' place. However, their house is a proper homestead and they were expecting new guests so there was not enough room for all of us. So instead we went back Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 31, 2015