- Te Anau to InvercargillWe awoke to a cloudy morning but were assured by the motel owner that the sun would be out by mid morning. We set off to drive to Invercargill following the Southern Scenic route. Just before we reached the Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 6, 2014
- Milford Sound to Te AnauThe sea was calm for our night on board the Milford Wanderer, we woke just before 6:15 and were soon up and enjoying a hearty cooked breakfast, it was still pitch dark outside. By the time we had finished Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 5, 2014
- Milford SoundWe woke up Sunday to bright blue skies which looks promising for our trip into Milford Sound, soo happy as it's suppose to be gorgeous and we're really looking forward to it.
We set off early and drove through Fiord land Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Mar 7, 2014
- Moeraki, Dunedin, The Otago Peninsula & Te AnauMoeraki, Dunedin, Otago Peninsula & Te Anau
Fri 7th -
First stop of the morning, was Moeraki boulders which luckily enough was not a detour for a change. Was wondering to myself just how interesting can a bunch of round rocks Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Mar 7, 2014
- Christchurch & Akoroa Penninsula
After lots of queuing in Melbourne airport we finally made our flight with just enough time to grab brekkie to go. Our journey flew by and we were just wondering how we were going to get the energy to get Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Mar 6, 2014
- Rotorua and the Coromandel PeninsularHi every one our time in NZ is fast coming to a close. We could spend the same time again and still not see all that interests us. We have now spent a couple of days in Rotorua Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 6, 2014
- Te Anau, gateway to Ffiordland. It seems I am rather behind in the blogging. Oops. And NZ started so well. I was really on the ball but then I got super busy. Sorry everyone. But I give you the next entry...
Te Anau. 31/01/14 - 03/02/14
After Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Mar 6, 2014
- Queenstown to Milford LodgeWe woke with the weather forecast given expectation of clear skies, but the reality was that the rain was still falling. We felt positive that the weather was due to move on through and leave us with clearer skies for Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 3, 2014
- Auckland day 1Rain, rain, rain.
We did not hurry with checking-out from the campsite. Once we did, we drove to our car rental to discuss the car return in 3 days and then found a parking lot where we would leave our car Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 5, 2014
- Coromandel Peninsula to AucklandWhat an ocean view we had in the morning! We had to leave the parking lot at 9:00am so a quick coffee and we took off towards Whitianga, a small but old town on the western shore of the peninsula. Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 5, 2014
- QueenstownWe awoke to a fine and sunny morning with lovely views from our bedroom down the lake. However the phone said rain was due. We decided to climb Queenstown hill, which rises up behind the town whilst the sun was Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- New ZealandWe landed in Auckland and immediately started our NZ adventure on the infamous Kiwi Experience bus. We had pre booked this, so we could travel around both the North and South Islands and hop on and off wherever we wanted.
We Posted by rjtaylor22 in Rebecca and Gavin's travel blog | Mar 4, 2014
- Day 140 - 142 Christchurch, Omarau & Dunedin
We got the ferry to Picton, after a choppy start we watched dolphins playing as the beautiful south island rolled in. We jumped onto a bus Dan had prebooked when I was ill in Australia Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 4, 2014
- Rotorua to Coromandel PeninsulaMorning as yesterday: Emilka on the playground and we rushing between one and another sandwich bite. Good thing about it is that, when we took off, Emilka was already tired so by investing in morning rush on the playground, we Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 3, 2014
- We missed a day and a Ferry!You may have seen our recent photos including one of the Interislander Ferry leaving Picton. Yes we have to admit that we have become so laid back on this holiday that we are as they say near horizontal. Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 2, 2014
- RotoruaYesterday evening's reading session about Rotorua (and surroundings) made us aware of the city's attractions and... convinced to stay 1 more night. And we did not regret a bit. On the contrary, just another time we could say "we wish Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 2, 2014
- Waipiata to Middlemarch, then on to QueenstownFeeling refreshed after a good night's sleep, we'd dried our sodden clothes and were ready for the last 52km. The rains had gone, leaving a chill to the morning at 8am as we set off. Whilst today Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- Lauder to WaipiataThe talk in the pub last night had been of rain, snow , wind and unusually cold temperatures for the time of year. We awoke to grey skies and when we went outside we could feel a chill in the Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 28, 2014
- Adventures in KiwilandI feel like a post is now long overdue but I have been quite busy these last weeks or too tired to take the time to upload pictures and write something. So rather than a long post, here is a Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Mar 1, 2014
- Our time on South Island is coming to an end!Hi everyone,
We are currently in Picton which is the port of departure for the ferry to North Island. We have an overnight stop here before taking the ferry to Wellington where our travels on North Island begin. We are Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Mar 1, 2014
- Day 135 - 139 Rotorua, Taupo & Wellington
Rotoura is a quaint but eggy town. New Zealand is very sleepy with shops closing no later than 5:30pm and most Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 1, 2014
- Taupo to RotoruaAfter another cool night in the Waikato (the name of the river) valley the sun woke us up. Good because our bodies needed extra dosage of warmth. And yet, we decided to cool down even more so we went for Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Mar 1, 2014
- TaupoAnd we stayed.
We left the camping grounds and drove to the town centre which is located directly at the lake Taupo. Grabbing something small to eat and have a seat beside the lake is an attraction itself.
The city was full Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 28, 2014
- KaikouraWhen planning the passing to Northern Island one has to think about ferry and book it beforehand, sometimes 1-2 days (like we did), sometimes weeks in advance.
Kaikoura lies 2h away from Picton, which small distance so we decided to stay Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 27, 2014
- Tongariro to TaupoAfter a rather tough night, we drove up to see the ski centre. Looks weird with those sharp and edgy lava rocks instead of the snow...
We drove down to the village, enjoying the scenery.
We packed for hiking and went Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 27, 2014