- New Zealand Cheesy SummaryFavourite town/city
Rob - Wanaka
Sarah - Queenstown
Rob - Kaiteriteri
Sarah - Wellington
Rob - Lake Mahinapua Hotel
Sarah - Flying Kiwi (Wanaka)
Rob Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 25, 2016
- New Zealand – Tourism RulesIf it weren’t for the throngs of foreign tourists in buses, R.V.s, campers and rental cars most of New Zealand’s narrow winding roads, (with their ubiquitous single lane bridges), would be left to the great herds of cattle and sheep… Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 25, 2016
- North IslandSo it has all been decided. I am moving to Hobbiton, and becoming Sarah the cheesemaking Hobbit. The focus of the rest of the trip will be growing my feet to full Hobbit size so I can be accepted.... but Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 24, 2016
- Hippies, Heights and HindrancesSoo, it's been a while... We've been busy! Allow me to explain what we've been up to :)
After a couple of weeks of living at a friend's place (with the Polydactyl cat - see pictures!) while Scott was doing some Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Feb 23, 2016
- "Ppppick up a Penguin"I apologise if the last blogs have been a bit down but the weather has not been brilliant and we have been a bit frustrated. So this is now going to change because as a glass half full kind of Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 23, 2016
- New Zealand’s Icy HeartThe sunny days of summer are slowly sliding into fall as we sink further south with only the ocean between us and Antarctica. There is no snow on the beaches, but there are penguins - although we have yet to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 23, 2016
- The Wild, Wild WestThe west coast of New Zealand’s south island has a rugged landscape of mountains, rivers, lakes and forests punctuated with numerous tourist attractions like the fur seal colony at Cape Foulwind...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/Seal_Colon Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 21, 2016
- Ski countryRob is still traumatised from writing the last entry so it's back to me to carry on our journey past Franz Josef, first stop being 10 minutes along a windy mountain road (the only road that runs along the west Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 19, 2016
- Crossing the Cook Strait Circa 1845A fearsome tempest swept past us in the night and we received word that as much as eighteen inches of rain had fallen over our destination of Nelson on New Zealand’s South Island. The sea looked foul as we readied Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 18, 2016
- "Singing in the rain" .......Not!!Ok finished with the black reference as running out of song titles.
We left Punakaiki to make the trip south to Franz Josef for one night to see the glacier and then onto Queenstown the next day .
On the way Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 18, 2016
- Island HighlightsA highlight of any trip to the South Pacific is the star studded view of the Southern Cross against a cloudless black sky…
Impressive eh! But hold onto your moas for a minute. Let’s hav Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 16, 2016
- Water, ice and jadeIn the last blog you left us at Kaikoura a small beautiful beach town and the Lazy Shag hotel. Since then we have been blighted by at best dodgy and at worst non-existent internet hence the delay in what is Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 16, 2016
- "Black Hills of ... The Southern Alps"So we were only one night this time in Christchurch and in the morning we picked up the hire car as we had a long drive ahead of us from Christchurch in the east of South Island on the Pacific Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 14, 2016
- "Black Magic Woman"We checked into were we are staying at the YHA which to be honest was too busy and noisy for us and made us re think our plans for Sydney.
Wellington sells itself as "the coolest little capital in the Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 14, 2016
- Last day in New ZealandBack in Queenstown after our hike and what do we do? Go rent mountain bikes and ride around the lake! [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/796227/E19257BDB621863819F0CF4 Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 14, 2016
- The Milford TrackBeing able to hike the Milford Track for five days and ending up in the Milford Sound is truly a special treat. On day one we met up with the 44 other hikers (trampers is what the Kiwis call hikers) Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 14, 2016
- Visions of Hell in Wai-O-TapuPicture an Old Testament image of hell where the landscape is dotted with giant cauldrons of boiling mud awaiting the souls of the unrepentant …
Where a single mortal sin will condemn unbeli Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 14, 2016
- Martinborough Day 1This weekend we went to Martinborough. It was relatively last minute, so it was a short trip. Only about a two hour train ride. On the Saturday we rented bikes and visited some wineries. It was very relaxing and laid Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Feb 13, 2016
- "Long Black Train"Unfortunately it was time for us to leave Ohope. I did explain to Gordon if he had let us travel for a year we could have found somewhere to rent there for a while but as it was plans had Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 13, 2016
- I'm in loveA warning: this will be a rather long rambling blog post and will be somewhat gushing as I've fallen for this little country, perhaps more than Australia. I could see us living here at some point. Sorry Oz. How fickle Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 12, 2016
- Life in the Land of the Long White CloudIn the past week we have driven well over a thousand kilometres and have arrived in the centre of the North Island - known as the Land of the Long White Cloud by the Maoris. We are staying by New Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 11, 2016
- Off to Queenstown!Heading to the South Island to meet up with Lauren and Claire. The Wellington airport had a Lord of the Rings theme with large flying figures hanging from the ceiling [img Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 10, 2016
- Day 2 WellingtonAfter so much rugby frenzy we thought we should spend our last day in Wellington exploring the city. We took the incline to the top of the city. [img=http://photos.travell Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Feb 10, 2016
- It’s a Green, Green, Green, Green WorldWe recently visited the onetime home of English captain James Cook in Whitby, Yorkshire, and have now tracked his voyage to the ends of the earth – to Gisborne, New Zealand, where he first landed in 1769. His statue on Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 10, 2016
- "Whoa Black Betty Bam Ba Lam"You will be sick of all these song references with black in the title by the end of our NZ visit as we still have over 2 weeks here. Well it is the national colours. More on that later.
Gisborne , Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 9, 2016