- Day 10Another BIG day and we're on the road to Milford Sound by 7.30 which is rewarded with yet another wonderful sunrise. It's a 2.5 hours drive to Milford, bit of a hairy drive in a camper van but the weather Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 31, 2013
- Day 9Driving to Te Anau from the Otago Peninsula today required a lot of diesel, sweets, music, coffee and almost as much patience as we displayed in the penguin hides whilst awaiting their return to shore yesterday! Coldest start to the Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 31, 2013
- Day 8There are a lot of miles to be covered during this next leg of our journey so we are squeezing in some extra miles of driving in the evening. Last night we stayed in Kurow, a small town Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 30, 2013
- South Island Part 2On the road to Milford Sound :
We had Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Jul 28, 2013
- Day 7A clear sky overnight at Lake Pukaki gave us a sky full of southern hemisphere constellations and a great view of the Milky Way. Up early and on the road with the sunrise to ensure a full day of day Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 28, 2013
- Day 6
This is one of my favourite places (H). Got up early to run along the lake with the sunrise and to enjoy th Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 27, 2013
- Day 5Time to catch up with a friend, a wonderful time had by all sharing old and new memories, just not long enough... Spent some time exploring the city centre in Christchurch, trying to find our bearings in the post Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 27, 2013
- Day 5Finally got a good night sleep! :) Met up with one of mum and dad's old friends over a second breakfast at Denny's this morning. We then walked in Christchurch, the city that was hit by a 6.8 earthquake three Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Jul 26, 2013
- Day 4Jet lag isn’t getting any better; we were all up by five again this morning. It was still pitch black then so after posting yesterday’s blog I wandered up the road to the sea to watch the sunrise and take Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Jul 26, 2013
- Day 4
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 25, 2013
- Day 3
A morning spent relaxing in the hot pools once more before setting off to Kaikoura in the afternoon. An interesting drive to Kaikoura, more fantastic scenery and ca Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 25, 2013
- Day 3We were all up early again this morning as we had to pack up everything before we checked out of the camp-site and drove down to the hot springs for 10 O'clock. On the way I tried and failed to Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Jul 24, 2013
- Day 2
Our second day started early for most! H & D explored the town by way of an early morning run and then the 4 of us set off to explore Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 24, 2013
- Day 2Due to jet lag we were all up before 5:30 this morning - not fun :( Anyway, spent the morning trekking up a hill called Conical Hill and admiring the views from the summit.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Jul 24, 2013
- Day 1
Home sweet home!
Our camper van, complete with kitchen, bathroom, three beds, dining table and sofa. Looks like it wouldn't fit, well it's cramped. We picked it up in the late morning and dov Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Jul 24, 2013
- Guru of the Snowy, Snowy Mountain. Let me paint you a picture.
A girl, of blonde curly locks and a suspiciously tan face for both her colouring and the time of year, sits wrapped in a flannel with a fuzzy, blue blanket draped across her lap, cupping Posted by lucyfbaird in You Can't Have a Favourite Place... | Jul 23, 2013
- Day 1
Picking up our home for the next 33 days....we're here at last! Awesome flying into Christchurch today over the Southern Alps, absolutely stunning scenery. On arrival Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Jul 23, 2013
- Bye USA and blogger followersLast day in LA, Rob went to his last car museum and found it rather disappointing, no surprises there. Because I had been woken up so early got girls up too, they had a sleep in day before so no Posted by Darlene Elder in Elders in USA | Jul 20, 2013
- Sharing a seat with Elijah WoodAfter twelve incredible days in the South Island we returned via ferry to the North Island somewhat glum. This didn’t last long though as we’d only just sat down on the ferry when a lady on the table next Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 5, 2012
- No more sleeps!!] We are good to go!! All checked in and starting the relaxation in the Air NZ lounge with a glass of grape juice, fermented though!! We're looking forward to some sunshine and warm weather. It's going to Posted by Kiwis-on-tour in Kiwis On Tour | Jul 16, 2013
- Day 8
Posted by lcjru2013 in The 2013 LCJRU U14's tour of NZ | Jul 16, 2013
- Winter bluesSitting in the lounge watching the blue sky and wishing I was outside instead of on the computer. Posted by DiMaskill in Travelfor4 | Jul 16, 2013
- South Island part 1After a few hours on the ferry we arrived in Picton on the north of the south island.
Beautiful landscapes all along the road but I will not post everything!
The big and green mussels of Havelock, yummy!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Jul 11, 2013
- New ZealandThe South Island
It is a wet ride to the airport, and we are grateful to Martin for the lift at this early hour. Fortunately they are early risers, off out to their respective rowing clubs at 5:30am! Our flight Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Jul 11, 2013
- Are we there yet??
The kids had a mufti day at school recently, and aptly the theme was '4th of July'!
Looks like they are ready to be Stateside!!
First suitcase is packed, full of other suitcases (!!! Posted by Kiwis-on-tour in Kiwis On Tour | Jul 8, 2013