- Day 105: Actually not bad...Second to last day in New Zealand and I explored Auckland some more by walking along the first 5 - 6 km of the coast to coast walkway. That way I "discovered" Princess Street and Albert Park and some other Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 3, 2016
- Day 104: Kiwis!Back on the Kiwi bus for the last time, going back to Auckland, can't believe how quickly those 6.5 weeks went by...
On the way we stopped in Rotorua for the Kiwi Encounter. There they receive kiwi eggs collected in the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 2, 2016
- Pre-Trip PlanningSo, only 10 days until lift off.
We're both getting very excited about seeing our daughter again............and hoping there's going to be lots of snow on the mountains in Europe by the time we get to the Dolomites. Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 3, 2016
- Day 103: Rainy days...It was a pretty miserable Saturday in Taupo and the forecast didn't look promising until Tuesday, the day I am leaving New Zealand, so I had to finally bury all hopes of doing the Tongariro crossing :(
So the day was Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 1, 2016
- Day 102: Where to stay?Our plan had been to stay another night at Quentin's cousins' place. However, their house is a proper homestead and they were expecting new guests so there was not enough room for all of us. So instead we went back Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 31, 2015
- Caravan Diaries: Pt II am not exactly sure what my inspiration was for buying a caravan. When I think back to my childhood, I can't think of anyone who had a caravan. Even through my adulthood, I've never really known people with caravans. Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 1, 2016
- Day 101: Happy new year!Started the day super early, getting up at 5 am in order to see the sunrise - being the first people to welcome the day since we were so far east. It was pretty cloudy though and not entirely worth Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 30, 2015
- Day 100: Horsing aroundThe day started with a basket weaving demonstration by Te Kahurangi. She was really quick at putting together quite a big basket, very interesting to watch.
We then drove to the East Cape Lighthouse, the eastern most point of New Zealand's Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 99: Of goldfish and axolotlsJust like the night before when the sea was too rough to see the penguins, it was still too rough in the morning to feed stingrays :( On the upside that meant we didn't need to be up by 6 Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 28, 2015
- Day 98: One of the familyI booked a 4-day trip out to the very east of the northern island. Originally there wasn't supposed to be a trip between Christmas and New Year's but Quentin, who runs "East As" made it happen even though it was Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 97: Back to TaupoToday we went from Wellington back to Taupo. The weather was beautiful and I was finally able to see the mountains - yeah!
On the bus I met Fabian again whom I had met in couple of other places before. In Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 26, 2015
- 2014 - RotoruaThursday 2 January to Sunday 5 January
Rotorua is one of NZ's premier tourist cities and the prices reflect that. Entry prices to the various geothermal areas are extortionate Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Jan 5, 2014
- Day 96: Boxing DayBeautiful day in Wellington. First strolled along the waterfront and then made my way to the cable car station. There I took the cable car up the hill to the botanical garden - they really took that ride to the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 25, 2015
- Day 95: Merry Christmas!The most uneventful Christmas day ever - and it still took me this long to post ;)
After a first shock of thinking the bus left without me (it didn't, phew!), we left Kaikoura at 9 am. Drove to Picton, waited Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 24, 2015
- Day 94: Whale watchingGot woken up at 7.30 by the most annoying alarm ever! Sounded like the alarm in a factory when something went terribly wrong... and the guy whose alarm it was, was hitting snooze for an incredible 45 minutes! But the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 23, 2015
- Day 93: Swimming with dolphins!Left Christchurch early, on a bus with only 15 people - quite the nice change to the currently normal crowd of 50. We drove to Kaikoura and got a short introduction to the small town by stopping at a viewpoint Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 22, 2015
- Day 92: Gap fillersSecond day in Christchurch, rainy and cold... In the afternoon I just went to the mall because it was raining so much but until about 2 pm there was only a very fine drizzle that was still alright to walk Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 21, 2015
- Day 91: Alone timeHad an uneventful drive to Christchurch with not even a photo stop... imagine that! ;) Since I pre-booked my accommodation myself, I ended up in a different dorm than all the Kiwi Experience people and was absolutely thrilled to find Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 90: Oh the clouds...So we left Queenstown in the morning (sooo tired!) and made our way to Lake Tekapo, arriving in the early afternoon. There is an observatory in Lake Tekapo and the stargazing is supposed to be amazing, so tired or not Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 19, 2015
- Day 89: QueenstownApparently the hostel is not in support of sleeping in... Shortly past 10 am the first housekeeping girl came in only to jump onto the recently vacated bed above me to strip it and put new bedlinen on. No way Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 18, 2015
- Day 88: The longest bus ride ever...On today's agenda we had a day trip to the Milford Sound. We left Queenstown at 9 am and were driving for ever and ever with the occasional photo stop and short walk along the way. We saw Mirror Lakes Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 17, 2015
- Day 87: FunyaksToday, Valeria, Katharina and I went on a day trip on the Dart River. We were picked up in Queenstown at 10 am and then drove to Glenorchy. There we got equipped with wetsuits, fleeces and life vests and then Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 16, 2015
- Day 86: Illusions and teapotsBefore properly leaving Wanaka we went to Puzzling World. Super dorky, but I was really looking forward to that - and it was such fun! :) We first went through the illusion rooms, one of them being sloped and without Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 15, 2015
- New Zealand, Asia 2016We are leaving for down under on the 26th and hope to do better this trip than
When I tried this last time. Posted by 2kiwis in Australia, New Zealand 2014 | Dec 16, 2015
- Day 85: Picture opportunitiesWe left Franz Josef early on the morning and after a brief photo stop for the Fox Glacier in the distance our first real stop was Lake Matheson where you have the chance of getting the perfect mirror reflection picture Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 14, 2015