- Waitangi TreatyVandaag een leerzame dag. Vanochtend eerst naar de Farmers Market in Kerikeri, en wat extra boodschappen om onze camper te pimpen. Dus een extra verlengsnoer, een wat grotere pan zodat we makkelijker kunnen koken, en nog wat andere handige zaken.
Daarn Posted by anitavn in Nieuw Zeeland | Oct 10, 2015
- Conquering Volcanoes....2On a sunny afternoon (Aug 16, 2015) my friend Chris and I thought it would basically be ILLEGAL not to enjoy the sunshine and so set out for a random little drive around Auckland.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685093/large_90_IMG_7130. Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 11, 2015
- Being Xena Warrior Princess (kinda)So I'm lucky enough to have friends in Auckland. And even luckier to have one who has a car. (Thanks Chris).
So on August 10, a random day where we were both not really up to much, we headed off Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 10, 2015
- Conquering Volcanoes....1So at the moment I'm living on a big mound of bubbling hot liquid death.
Yep, when I flew to New Zealand just a few weeks ago, I knew it was made of LOTS of volcanoes and yet still came Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 10, 2015
- In Hot Water!
Although our time in Tauranga has been fine, and we had an amazing breakfast this morning, I was looking forward to moving on. It is one of the few places on our trip that I probably wou Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 9, 2015
- Rest and Relaxation in the 'City'
We went for a continental breakfast this morning as there was a great spread of breads, meat, fruit and toast as well as the offer of a cooked breakfast. I had been feeling a bit miffe Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 8, 2015
- AucklandHet tijdverschil wordt verwarrend zeker als je een blog schrijft, gisteren en vandaag lopen erg in elkaar over. Gisteravond dus met wat vertraging uit Hongkong vertrokken, en vanmiddag om 13 uur in Auckland. En dan moet je op je arrival Posted by anitavn in Nieuw Zeeland | Oct 7, 2015
- Not Everthing that is Gold Glistens!
It is time to move on again today; we are leaving Tairua and going to Tauranga, just under 80 miles further south. One of the things we had wanted to do whilst we were in Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 7, 2015
- A Tour Round the Coromandel
We only really had one day in the Coromandel so I wanted to make the most of it. We had seen a leaflet for a boat tour that departed from Hahei beach which was about half an Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 7, 2015
- My heart is filled with Lavender Honey
I've raved about these bus passes already, but I'm going to do it for another few minutes. They make traveling New Zealand quite easy and enjoyable. And the drivers tell you interesting stuff along the way, as well as make Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 7, 2015
- 2014 - East Cape of New Zealand
Friday 27 December
A long driving day starting in Whangarei via Auckland (to pick up rest of the camping stuff from home), south to Ohinemai and a cross country jaunt to Tahuna i Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Jan 2, 2014
- Well well, Wellington Wellington has much more charm than Auckland did. Auckland felt like just another city--tall, anonymous buildings, the sidewalks crowded with noodle shops and cheap souvenir stalls. Dirty, impersonal. Wellington seemed to have more vibrancy and the people Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- West Coast to East
We were greeted this morning by Robert appearing on the veranda with a couple of huge and very delicious date and orange scones for our breakfast, despite the fact that food wasn't incl Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 5, 2015
- GEEKS ASSEMBLEWe are pretty much one unmarked van and a pair of binoculars away from making this New Zealand leg of our trip as geeky as we can make it. If we had our own car we would buy the Lord Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- The Long and Winding Road
We are exactly halfway through our trip today and I am pretty sure that the pace will pick up now and that time will gain momentum over the next ten weeks. For this morning the focus was Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 3, 2015
- 'Round and 'round Rotorua So we have been staying in Rotorua: we got here after the glow worm caves and did the Hobbiton tour from here. Rotorua was a very nice surprise. We weren't expecting much, a small village with a few cafes and Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 2, 2015
- The Ancient Kauri Tree
We had nowhere pressing to go today so we decided to have a relaxing morning at the lodge, catching up with bookings, emails and this blog. We had considered going out on the bikes prov Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 2, 2015
- Culture and Nature Combined
We were on the move again today, travelling west and southwards to our next port of call. There were a couple of sights near to Paihia that we hadn't yet seen and I was keen to visit Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 2, 2015
- Exploring the Northland
Having had a pretty busy day yesterday we wanted to have a slightly more relaxing time today, and as if to prove the point Helen came over to service our room at about 10ish to find us Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 1, 2015
- The Herakovics of Bag EndIf any of you heard a really high pitched noise at about 1pm NZ time on Friday, something along the lines of SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! don't be alarmed. That was just Gina getting off the bus to Hobbiton.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/755228/5B8 Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- Where the Ocean meets the Sea
Having had a long journey yesterday the thought of a full day on a coach didn't initially fill us with joy as it meant being up and out of our accommodation before 7am. However we had a Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 1, 2015
- Taking the Road North (again)
It was time to move on again and so we put our packing routine into action. This has now become a well rehearsed activity. Any clothes still out back in packing cubes (these have turn Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 30, 2015
- Perspectives on Auckland
A good nights sleep did wonders for our morale and we woke up really looking forward to our day in Auckland. One of the things that I was hoping we might be able to do was Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 30, 2015
- Introduction to New Zealand
It was sad to have to leave Australia today, although it was exciting to be travelling to New Zealand. We had to leave the hotel just before 9am in order to make the short drive to Cairns Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 28, 2015
- Road trip #3 Edoras/Mt. SundayThis weekend was a slightly more special weekend as it is Oma's Birthday!!! Congratulations! hope you had a lovely and enjoyable day! (Gefeliciteerd Oma hoop dat je een leuke dag heb gehad en vooral veel genoten en taart gegeten heeft! Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Sep 27, 2015