- Trip Schedule
I have been extremely lucky to be able to visit and observe these college, high school and professional basketball programmes in the USA across five Posted by pvh in USA Coaching Development Tour Blog | Jan 10, 2016
- Caravan Diaries: Pt IIAfter buying my caravan, I heard so many stories I was nearly put off, thinking I'd be better off if I bought one of those tiny houses made from a shipping container and put it on the back of a Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 10, 2016
- On the way to Mount CookToday we made our way down to Mount Cook, the biggest mountain in New Zealand. As we left Dunedin, we walked up the world's steepest street, Baldwin Street.
On the way we stopped at the Mo Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 10, 2016
- Albatross, Sea Lions, and Seals oh my!Today we flew to the south island and drove down to Dunedin to go on a wildlife tour. On this 6 hour tour we saw albatross, New Zealand sea lions and seals. We also saw some penguins. Albatross are the Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 10, 2016
- PilotI arrived in New Zealand today after a long 14.5 hour flight. I met a really cool Kiwi (New Zealander) on the plane and she told me all about New Zealand and the culture (fun fact: they don't say the Posted by Hopenz16 in Hope Shevchuk IQP | Jan 8, 2016
- News from Down Under!Meet Jade, the latest addition to our little flock. After intense searches both on the web and on the road (looking at every van and station wagon passing, hoping to see a notice with 'for sale' on the back), we Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Jan 7, 2016
- THE YEAR 2015 HAS COME AND GONE!!!!The first year with Maya went incredibly fast, with little milestones rocketing by. We have had some great moments together and built a large number of wonderful memories. From a new born baby, she is now a toddler, which is Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jan 6, 2016
- Day 106: Devonport!Today I decided to take the short ferry ride from Auckland over to Devonport. And just like the visitor guide suggests, I was immediately in love with this picturesque village...
I went on a little walking tour which led me to Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 4, 2016
- Day 105: Actually not bad...Second to last day in New Zealand and I explored Auckland some more by walking along the first 5 - 6 km of the coast to coast walkway. That way I "discovered" Princess Street and Albert Park and some other Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 3, 2016
- Day 104: Kiwis!Back on the Kiwi bus for the last time, going back to Auckland, can't believe how quickly those 6.5 weeks went by...
On the way we stopped in Rotorua for the Kiwi Encounter. There they receive kiwi eggs collected in the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 2, 2016
- Pre-Trip PlanningSo, only 10 days until lift off.
We're both getting very excited about seeing our daughter again............and hoping there's going to be lots of snow on the mountains in Europe by the time we get to the Dolomites. Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 3, 2016
- Day 103: Rainy days...It was a pretty miserable Saturday in Taupo and the forecast didn't look promising until Tuesday, the day I am leaving New Zealand, so I had to finally bury all hopes of doing the Tongariro crossing :(
So the day was Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Jan 1, 2016
- Day 102: Where to stay?Our plan had been to stay another night at Quentin's cousins' place. However, their house is a proper homestead and they were expecting new guests so there was not enough room for all of us. So instead we went back Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 31, 2015
- Caravan Diaries: Pt II am not exactly sure what my inspiration was for buying a caravan. When I think back to my childhood, I can't think of anyone who had a caravan. Even through my adulthood, I've never really known people with caravans. Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jan 1, 2016
- Day 101: Happy new year!Started the day super early, getting up at 5 am in order to see the sunrise - being the first people to welcome the day since we were so far east. It was pretty cloudy though and not entirely worth Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 30, 2015
- Day 100: Horsing aroundThe day started with a basket weaving demonstration by Te Kahurangi. She was really quick at putting together quite a big basket, very interesting to watch.
We then drove to the East Cape Lighthouse, the eastern most point of New Zealand's Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 29, 2015
- Day 99: Of goldfish and axolotlsJust like the night before when the sea was too rough to see the penguins, it was still too rough in the morning to feed stingrays :( On the upside that meant we didn't need to be up by 6 Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 28, 2015
- Day 98: One of the familyI booked a 4-day trip out to the very east of the northern island. Originally there wasn't supposed to be a trip between Christmas and New Year's but Quentin, who runs "East As" made it happen even though it was Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 97: Back to TaupoToday we went from Wellington back to Taupo. The weather was beautiful and I was finally able to see the mountains - yeah!
On the bus I met Fabian again whom I had met in couple of other places before. In Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 26, 2015
- 2014 - RotoruaThursday 2 January to Sunday 5 January
Rotorua is one of NZ's premier tourist cities and the prices reflect that. Entry prices to the various geothermal areas are extortionate Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Jan 5, 2014
- Day 96: Boxing DayBeautiful day in Wellington. First strolled along the waterfront and then made my way to the cable car station. There I took the cable car up the hill to the botanical garden - they really took that ride to the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 25, 2015
- Day 95: Merry Christmas!The most uneventful Christmas day ever - and it still took me this long to post ;)
After a first shock of thinking the bus left without me (it didn't, phew!), we left Kaikoura at 9 am. Drove to Picton, waited Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 24, 2015
- Day 94: Whale watchingGot woken up at 7.30 by the most annoying alarm ever! Sounded like the alarm in a factory when something went terribly wrong... and the guy whose alarm it was, was hitting snooze for an incredible 45 minutes! But the Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 23, 2015
- Day 93: Swimming with dolphins!Left Christchurch early, on a bus with only 15 people - quite the nice change to the currently normal crowd of 50. We drove to Kaikoura and got a short introduction to the small town by stopping at a viewpoint Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 22, 2015
- Day 92: Gap fillersSecond day in Christchurch, rainy and cold... In the afternoon I just went to the mall because it was raining so much but until about 2 pm there was only a very fine drizzle that was still alright to walk Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | Dec 21, 2015