- 6 Month Mark So it's been just over 6 months since we left home. It's gone ridiculously fast! I wouldn't be able to tell you our favourite country but favourite cities so far have to be San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Cusco, Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jun 29, 2013
- Akaroa and OamaruAkaroa is a super small little supposedly French-influenced town. It's located on the Banks Peninsula east of Christchurch. The drive there was beautiful but there wasn't actually anything going on in the town. It was cold.
Next stop was Oamaru. Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | May 11, 2013
- In Christchurch, New ZealandTim & I arrived in Christchurch just after midnight last night, and took a "green taxi" (Toyota Prius Hybrid) to the Hotel Carlton Mill ([[http://www.carltonmill.co.nz/~carltonm/welcome-to-hotel-carlton-mill/|http://www.carltonmill.co.nz/~carltonm/welcome Posted by zite in New Zealand & Australia 2013 | Jun 27, 2013
- Fun in QueenstownI recovered well from my limbo incident and now only feel a twang in my hip every now and again so I'm pretty sure it'll be back to normal in no time. On Saturday I did the canyon swing with Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jun 26, 2013
- Alex knobThe last three days have been a glut of glorious natural sights for the two of us. It started off yesterday when we found ourselves in the glacier ridden Southern Alps. We did several walks on the valley Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 4, 2012
- Dunedin - Day 77We were in need of a shower (don't worry, I'm not saying each time we've had a shower, so we are pretty clean I promise!) so when we arrived in Dunedin this morning we found they had a local swimming Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 9, 2013
- Oamaru - Day 76We were up before 7am today because of the clock change, which wasn't ideal after a long day of driving yesterday, but it meant we had time for some travelling essentials - blogging, planning and washing!
Oamaru is a small Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 8, 2013
- Lake Wanaka - Day 75After the glaciers yesterday we drove to a campsite on Lake Paringa, near Haast, so we could get a head start for today.
Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 7, 2013
- North IslandWith Amandine, Sebastien and Markus, we left Auckland in a Campervan to go to the hot water beach, where you can dig a hole in the sand to find hot springs! Then beautiful Cathedral cove on a sunny morning.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508629 Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Jun 21, 2013
- Queenstown, Snow and some Extreme LimboFranz Josef was really nice but very small. We had planned on doing a helicopter tour to the glacier but the weather was pretty bad and we were running out of time so we just walked to it instead. It Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jun 20, 2013
- New Zealand again...Hi all,
Welcome to what is very likely to be the last of these big long group emails that I write… At least for a while ! I hope you’re all keeping well ? I’ve been in France now for 4 weeks, and I thought if Posted by niscratz in Life in a Van | May 27, 2010
- Storming the South IslandWe kicked off our southern adventure in Nelson, a town in the north east corner of the island that attracted us chiefly because of its proximity to the famed Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand's smallest national park but also Posted by kate1401 in The World Ahead | Jun 20, 2013
- Super South Island It really is true what they say. The South Island is more beautiful than the North. We arrived in Picton after a stunning 3 hour ferry crossing and stayed there for one night in a really cool hostel. We Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Jun 15, 2013
- AucklandAfter 26H of travel from Seoul with a transit in China : Auckland in New zealand. This country of 4 millions people and more than 40 millions ships where June is the beginning of winter.
I wanted to work right away Posted by ChachaInAsia in Trip through Asia, from India to Japan! | Jun 13, 2013
- Can't Wait!On our trip across several US States we'll be visiting Arches National Park and we can't wait to check out the amazing geography as seen in these photos! Wow!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Kiwis-on-tour in Kiwis On Tour | Jun 13, 2013
- New Zealand On July 28th I departed from the lovely Sydney, Australia on Virgin Australia airlines flight 8142. I left at 6:15p.m.and three hours and ten minutes later I arrived in New Zealand at 11:25p.m. (New Zealand Posted by kquintal in My dream trip | Jun 10, 2013
- Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers - Day 74Today we got to walk on a glacier! The day started with a beautiful view across the lake and a short drive to Franz Josef.
[img=h Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 6, 2013
- Arthur's Pass to Franz Josef Glacier - Day 73Well, last night was freezing. Literally. The window screen on the van was frozen when we woke up and it was only 1 degrees, so it must have dropped below zero during the night. All night we kept waking up Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 5, 2013
- A Couple More NZ Highlights...
Madeline pointing out the amazing scenery near the end our our 3 day hike
This is a picture of a Kea, they are the only kind of al Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | Mar 16, 2013
- The final blog: Wednesday 22nd may 2013
We are sat on the plane and writing the last blog. But where to start the end, at the beginning. There are so many highlights it would be very difficult to list them all. But for a few these spring Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 10, 2013
- Day 80: Tuesday 21st May 2013
We woke and set about getting organised. Martin wanted to do some exercise and I wanted to sew the rest of my country badges onto my main bag: I only had New Zealand to go and a couple to fix. Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 10, 2013
- Day 79: Monday 20th May 2013
We woke up having slept in a real bed for then first time in ages. It was so comfy, we could have slept for hours. Instead we got up early to head into auckland and make the most of our Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 10, 2013
- Day 78: Sunday 19th May 2013
We set off from Wotamo reasonably early in pouring rain which had not relented since the early hours of the morning resulting in us and the van getting very wet and then consequently damp: we were both grateful to be Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 10, 2013
- Day 77: Saturday 18th May 2013
We were picked up from the campsite at just before 9 for the short drive to the rafting centre. There were actually 3 companies offering the cave based adventure trips in this tiny village of only 40 permanent residents, we Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 10, 2013
- Day 76: Friday 17th May 2013
We woke up reasonably early: eager to get on the road before we got moved on from our overnight spot, or fined, or both! We went into town and despite the rain had a quick look around. The rain was Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 10, 2013