- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 15 April 2016
An early start to the day with my pickup at 7.15am. We picked up a few other people in Nelson and headed to the Wilsons office in Motueka, where we met our guide Whitey, handed in paperwork and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 5, 2016
- GISBORNE to NAPIER : 5th APRIL 2016It rained and rained and bucketed down overnight!!!! Lucky for us it cleared this morning.
We left Gisborne in light rain with fingers crossed for sunshine down the road.
Our ride today was through Tiniroto to Wairoa, and then on to Napier. Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 4, 2016
- Return home - with a puppyToday was all about collecting Tana from outside Ashburton, and making it home to Nelson - 600km north. An ambitious plan, but needs must.
We used the daylight saving change, to get up at 7am (would have been 8am), and Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 4, 2016
- Moeraki rest daySince we were so close, we had decided that dinner at Fleurs Place in Moeraki should be our reward for completing the trail. We slept late, and then packed up the car - separating out the smelly cycling gear, and Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 4, 2016
- New Zealand: 20163 April 2016
A long day of travel from Sydney to Auckland to Nelson. Due to industrial action by immigration and security staff I was asked to be at the airport at least three hours before my 10.30am departure, however, there Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 3, 2016
- OPOTOKI to GISBORNE : 4th APRIL 2016There is 2 ways to do this - Aitch & Jo decided to do the long way around the coast, we chose the Waieoka Gorge version.
First we decided to go through Opotoki and have a look at the Ocean just Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 3, 2016
- COROMANDEL TOWN to OPOTIKI : 3rd APRIL 2016End of daylight savings meant turning the clock back - and we have a long day ahead. This of course means an early start for us - 7:45am.
Beautiful fresh morning, we stopped at the top looking back down at Coromandel Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 3, 2016
- The permaculture adventureThe time spent at the Lumsden Hotel was both rejuvenating and relaxing. Our drive to help and get things done properly seemed highly appreciated, bringing about a pleasant satisfaction in us.
Moving to our next -and current- HelpX host, then, was Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Apr 2, 2016
- PICTON/OHAKUNE/ROTORUA/COROMANDEL TOWN - MARCH to 2nd APRILThursday 31st March -
We started with an early breakfast overlooking Picton Harbour before boarding the Interislander Ferry for the North Island.
It was a lovely clear calm day so our crossing was very smooth.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 2, 2016
- 2014 - Bay of Islands
Saturday 27 December to Tuesday 30 December
This was another camping trip, this time up north to the Bay of Islands. I stayed at the Haruru Falls Motor Camp and had a great v Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Dec 30, 2014
- Day 6: Duntroon to OamaruThe final day of our epic ride. And it was a tough one. 55km, with at least two climbs, before the final descent to sea level. We breakfasted at the cottage and were on the road shortly after 9am. It Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 1, 2016
- Day 5: Kurow to DuntroonThis was our near-rest day. A mere 28km to our destination. Felt pretty good.
We slept late, then had a great cooked breakfast, and said our farewells to our hosts. On the road just after 10am. Sweet. The aches of Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 1, 2016
- Day 4: Omarama to KurowWe woke to an awesome clear sky day, for our longest distance day. What a relief!
We got on the road by about 9.30am, after a nice chilled breakfast in our unit. The only off note was the hot rod Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 30, 2016
- TAKAKA to PICTON - 30th MARCH 2016Back up over Harold's favourite road - the Takaka Hill this morning. Great start to the day.
Quotes of the day "better than the Stelvio Pass - Italy" : Meredith
"much more fun" : Jo
"that was twisted fun" : Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 30, 2016
- PUNAKAIKI to TAKAKA - 29th MARCH 2016Sunrise this morning was a lovely start to the day.
Punakaiki Beach was amazing, pink sky, blue sea and black sand. Nothing like our Aussie Beaches.
The Tavern and our room - drenc Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 29, 2016
- Day 3: Lake Ohau Lodge to OmaramaA tough altitude day lay ahead. We slept well, and enjoyed the cooked breakfast (like we needed it after rib eye and duck confit last night!)
We were second to last to leave, pretty happy not to have the group of Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 28, 2016
- Day 2: Twizel to Lake Ohau lodgeWe woke relaxed, but a bit sore from our first days efforts. We planned a lazy start as today was shorted, a mere 38km in the saddle.
Breakfast of kings in our room -salmon scrambled eggs - was a perfect Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 28, 2016
- FRANZ JOSEF to PUNAKAIKI - 28th MARCH 2016We left Franz Josef in very cool riding conditions. I was not happy as we missed out on our helicopter ride yesterday due to heavy low clouds
The ride started with a stunning view over the paddocks with "the long Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 28, 2016
- Exploring the Wild West Coast of South Island, NZ==Driving south from Abel Tasman to Greymouth==
The west coast was rough and with the current weather even more dramatic.
[img Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Mar 27, 2016
- Day 1: Tekapo to TwizelIsn't a 5.30am alarm a sure sign of an adventure? We groaned but we're out of bed smartly and away.
The cycle to the bus depot was chilly, and dark. Must have been about 5 degrees! We were the only Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 26, 2016
- Oamaru chillingAnother lay day for us. Our rendezvous was 3.15pm at the i-site.
Sleep in, relaxed pack and breakkie at the camp site. Then a nice meander in town. A bit of shopping, a spot of coffee.
Back to pack at Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 26, 2016
- HAAST to FRANZ JOSEF 26th MARCH 2016
We left Haast today in overcast conditions - a lot better than expected - we are on the West Coast of the South Island after all.
Our first stop was the Knights Point Looko Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 26, 2016
- DUNEDIN to HAAST - 25th MARCH 2016We had it all today - Rocky Mountains, Lakes, War Planes at the Wanaka War Birds air show and a stunning Waterfall
An early start saw us leaving at 8:00am on the road and out of Dunedin. Very Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 25, 2016
- More drivingOn a day when pretty much everything is shut, it was fitting we had 377km to drive, oh, and one special pop-in.
A lazy holiday sleep-in was first. Then a fry up for breakkie at our backpackers. After a stressful week Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 24, 2016
- EscapingA new adventure! This time in New Zealand. We decided to turn the Easter break into a 10 day south island adventure.
Today was the manic start. Work lke crazy, then home to pack the car. This was no mean feat Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 24, 2016