- A day in WellingtonWe met one of the owners of our "bach" as we set out to Wellington this morning. He said they had owned the house for eight years and that it had originally been a farm house. The extension Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 15, 2015
- Lake Pukaki - Lake TekapoAfter leaving Mount Cook village, the weather turned more cloudy, so even lake Pukaki didn’t seem so amazingly blue anymore. We stopped for a longer time at lake Tekapo, walked a bit near the lake, had lunch and drove Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Cromwell - Mt Cook (and the Mueller Hut)After the last post, we still stayed a bit in Cromwell to have lunch (some traditional kiwi pies) and delicious cherries and ice cream for dessert - made with a flavorama. From Cromwell we went to lake Pukaki. The day Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Te Anau - Queenstown - Arrowtown - CromwellAfter Milford we drove back to Te Anau to do laundry and spend some time online, after which we headed towards Queenstown. We stopped many times on the road; to have ice cream, to view the scenery, to rest etc. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Milford CruiseWe arrived in Milford and wanted to take the latest cruise, as people told us that by that time, most of the tourist buses will be gone and it will be more peaceful. We went to the boat terminal and Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Milford Highway First of all, some background: we were not sure if we should do Milford at all, as we felt it was too touristy, too hyped, too many sandflies and too crowded. And indeed, all the DOC campings were pretty crowded, Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Riverton - lake Havea - lake Manapouri - Te AnauThere are really a lot of old mining sites in NZ, which they have turned into historic walks. We did another one somewhere on the road. There is really not much left to see, but Christophe seems to really like Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Wanganui to WellingtonEarly on our journey we found many fields of grazing sheep so we took our token picture of New Zealand sheep. You will note that the fields are not as green as they were on our last trip. Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 13, 2015
- Te Araroa - Ship Cove to St Arnaud[center]After completing the North Island leg of Te Araroa we enjoyed 5 days away from trekking including a few days in Christchurch where we ate heaps, replaced some worn out gear and organised some food supplies for the top half Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Jan 13, 2015
- Travelling to WaitomoWe were up and moving fairly early. Graham and Kath went off to pick up our hire cars from Apex and then we met back at the accommodation to source a quick breaky from the bakery. Once the Posted by cgpendii in Fahpen Holiday | Jan 6, 2015
- Lake TaupoToday our travels took us from Rotorua to Wanganui.
We traveled past Lake Taupo.
We stopped for our first tank of gasoline just after Lake Taupo. Prices quite different from Regina Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 12, 2015
- Kaikoura and Grasmere LodgeTuesday 16th December
We arrive at Blenheim, pick up our hire car and set off on our road trip of the South Island. The A1 goes from Blenheim to Christchurch and the sat nav, rather like in Australia, says drive Posted by rduignan in A year together | Jan 12, 2015
- ChristchurchLovely time with the cousins, Nana, Lopez and Sven.
A fine taxi service and lamb feast provided too!!
A shame the NZ Cricket planners didn't fit their schedule around our timetable, but at least they won - Anthony and Caitlin proudly wearing Posted by hollyer in Skiing, friends, family and good times | Jan 12, 2015
- Okere FallsThis morning we were destined to do laundry. We had decided to limit the number of clothing items we brought along because of the over weight luggage charge. Therefore - today was laundry day. We found a Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Have you ever sung to a dolphin through a snorkel?Kaikoura has an abundance of sea life just off the coast, and there's lots of opportunities to view them or even get up close and personal! Last time I was in [[http://postcardfromtheheart.travellerspoint.com/18/|Kaikoura]] I went whale watching, wanderi Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 11, 2015
- Studneski Family Adventure 2015Next Chapter 2015,
Studneski Family is off again to e Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- RotoruaToday we visited Te Puia, a thermal area and Maori cultural centre. The geysers obliged us by erupting while we were there.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_4420_-_Copy.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/thumb_IMG_442 Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- WaitomoThe morning has started with a yummy breakfast of museli from Vogels. There were so many varieties to choose from at the supermarket and many of them were gluten free. We drove past the Vogels factory in Hamilton yesterday. Posted by cgpendii in Fahpen Holiday | Jan 7, 2015
- Auckland to RotoruaWe began our visit to Auckland by picking up our Apex Hire Car (Rental Car in Canadian Speak). We got a Nissan Tiida - very comfortable to travel in.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_4402.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 9, 2015
- THE EXPECTED DAY FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!
As I mentioned in our previous blog, my pregnancy was wonderful. We were blessed that everything was great, we stayed fit and healthy, and most importantly we enj Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jan 9, 2015
- Nieuw Zeeland: werkelijk fantastisch !!Het is gewoon onbeschrijflijk hoe mooi dit land is, ik kan jullie nog honderd duizend foto's tonen maar dit moet je gewoon zelf komen ervaren.
Ik geniet hier gewoon elke dag, neen elke minuut van deze prachtige natuur. Daar bovenop zijn Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Jan 8, 2015
- Surviving the roads of New Zealand
New Zealand is an ideal country in which to take a road trip. It is a small, skinny country which means it generally does not take long to get from point a to point b, it has limited Posted by IvaS in A Motoring Soujourn through New Zealand | Jan 8, 2015
- I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!!!!The 41 weeks of my pregnancy were some of the most beautiful weeks of my life. When we found out that we were pregnant during my sixth week it was a wonderful surprise and the best souvenir we could have Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jan 7, 2015
- Wellington and WharekauhauFriday 12 December
We arrive at Wellington airport, the home of the legendary filmmaker Peter Jackson and his various studios. Lord of the Rings was such a global success that Wellington gives it huge prominence and the terminal itself is Posted by rduignan in A year together | Jan 7, 2015
- Invercargill - BluffAfter Curio bay we went on in the coast towards Invercargill. We stopped in Slope Point and Waipapa Point. The coast has a pretty dark history with ships sinking, so they have built many nice lighthouses. Some of the shipwrecks Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 5, 2015