- Te Araroa - Auckland to Taumarunui[center]We finally dragged ourselves away from the comforts of Auckland. The comforts being at Cath's place, which included a good bed, daily hot showers, fresh food, Sky TV and Wifi, etc.
[map=700108 lat=-37.788039930871015 lon=174.8603416927352 zoo Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Dec 5, 2014
- TE WAIPOUNAMU The ferry trip south brings you into the port of Picton via Queen Charlotte Sound. New Zealand's fjords are tipped to be spectacular whichever guide book you favour, and we thought so too; serene is probably the best way to Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Dec 4, 2014
- Northland Discovery by Campervan
We are camped at a Top 10 holiday park in Russell , in the far north region of the North island. There is a group of 22 grade six school kids on a trip with their principal and a couple Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Dec 3, 2014
- Heading inland to escape the rainI don't have many pictures and inadequate words to describe the spectacular scenery whizzing by my car window. It really is an exciting landscape with peaks and puckers created by ancient volcanoes and transformed by sheep grazing. The coastlines are Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 13: Our final day :(Yesterday was the last day of our tour and it was a very strong one to finish. We left twizel by 8 and drove towards mount Cook. On the way we stopped at a beautiful lookout point capturing the colour Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 12: Queenstown to TwizelWe had a free morning in Queenstown for people to do various activities such as sky diving etc. I didn't have an optional activity that morning so I had a nice leisurely breakfast with a couple of others in the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 11: Milford AM and Queenstown PMThe next morning we gathered in the main saloon by 7 for breakfast. We then did a further two hour cruising, including heading out the mouth of the fjord to the Tasman. The difference out there was incredible, with the Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 10: Milford SoundThe following day we were off out of Queenstown right after breakfast to head to Milford Sound. We barely had any time there but that was because the last night was a stopping point on the drive whereas we would Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- G tour - day 9: Franz to QueenstownI am days behind on my blog because it has just been a whirlwind tour over the last week where we have been non-stop from early morning to late night. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have a 8 hour layover in Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 29, 2014
- Milford Sound and FiordlandNo trip to New Zealand is would be complete without a pilgrimage to Milford Sound, the worlds [i]number one [i] tourist attraction according to Tripadvisor. It was an amazing 120 kilometre road trip from the town of Te Anau to Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Nov 29, 2014
- Nearly there!So, after what feels like weeks of deadlines and stresses to get everything finished off in Christchurch, we've finished work and school, packed our belongings into a container and have just one more day til our Australia adventure begins.
Despite Posted by Jac Chester in Summer in Australia | Nov 28, 2014
- A week away from leaving ChristchurchTime has passed quickly and we find ourselves a week away from leaving Christchurch on the first stage of our travels.
The family friends organising the wedding in Pauanui are probably in similar stages of planning a week out, there Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Nov 27, 2014
- Auckland New ZealandFlight to LA was good and we got there early with a tailwind. Luckily Air Canada and Air New Zealand are almost side by side, so no need to transfer to another terminal or to leave security. The flight to Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Nov 27, 2014
- G tour - day 8: Franz Josef GlacierToday we had the whole day in franz josef. This is the only place where we spend two nights in the same place on this tour. We all took full advantage and started a bit later than usual, only going Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 23, 2014
- G tour - day 7: and we're driving...Today we spent most of the day in the minibus. We set off from Christchurch at 8 and had a small drive round the city. The destruction from the earthquake is incredibly striking and the whole city still resembles a Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 22, 2014
- G tour - day 6: It's Saturday and I'm in loveFour of us decided to get up at 530am the next day and stroll across the road from our hotel to watch the sunrise from the beach. This has been one of the most stunning things so far:
Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 22, 2014
- G tour - day 5: to the south, to the south!The next morning we left our hotel by 7 and walked over to the Wellington ferry terminal for our 4 hour trip to the South Island. We mostly dozed and listened to music but, on Kent's prompting, I made sure Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 22, 2014
- G tour - day 4: National Park and travel to WellingtonThe next day we got up early to do the 2 hour hike from our hotel to Taranaki falls. On the way there I managed to lose my footing once and fell over in the lovely mud...but I popped right Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 20, 2014
- G tour - day 3: no go for the crossingThe evening in the Maori village we found out that we would not be able to do the tongariro crossing the next day due to the weather. This meant we had a new itinerary which started with spending more time Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 20, 2014
- HOW MANY HIGHWAYS?Our final five nights saw us make our way to Wellington for the ferry crossing to the South Island. With so much to see you have to makes choices what to miss/include, so in roughly chronological order we kind of Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Nov 18, 2014
- G tour - day 2 - part 2: Maori village experienceAfter the rafting we then went to do our overnight stay at the Maori village. This was absolutely fascinating and so well done ie not too commercial or tacky. They call it a cultural experience and it really felt like Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 18, 2014
- G tour - day 2 - part one: rafting!Day 2 is a day I won't forget for a long time. We made our way from hahei to Rotorua and immediately the three of us who booked to do white water rafting got dropped off for our activity. I Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 18, 2014
- G tour - day oneDay one of our tour took most of us by surprise as we foolishly expected summer weather in Nz. Although I had spoken to a kiwi friend and knew it was spring, I still didn't expect heavy rain on day Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 18, 2014
- CAN'T BREATHEGUYS
DO YOU THINK MY LIFE DREAM IS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE CELEBRITY?
DO YOU THINK IT IS TO PERFORM ON SNL?
DO YOU THINK IT IS TO BE AN A-LISTER OSCAR WINNER?
WELL BOY ARE YOU WRONG BECAUSE MY LIFE DREAM WAS Posted by katemancuso in DON'T LET THE DINGO EAT MY BABY | Nov 18, 2014
- Day 165+ Final days. Up at 6.30am, which was a relief as most of us didn't sleep - an airport hotel with thin walls and people coming and going at all hours... not conducive to sleep.
Here's us waiting for the shuttle as it begins Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Nov 18, 2014