- Geraldine - ChristchurchIn Geraldine we found a factory shop of a jam company and they had free tasting, so naturally we tasted almost all of their jams and chutneys. We ended up buying 4 jars of jams with faulty labels (with a Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 20, 2015
- North End of Abel TasmanAs we left our beautiful yard, we admired the Bird of Paradise Flower which had just blossomed.
Our experience yesterday whetted our appetite for Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 20, 2015
- QueenstownOur drive
We set off on our drive twisting and turning down the winding mountain road. Needless to say twenty minutes later Amy is sick but luckily we are near a garage and so can freshen up and prepare for Posted by rduignan in A year together | Jan 19, 2015
- Abel Tasman National ParkToday our plan was to visit Abel Tasman National Park.
Our first stop on the way was Split Apple Rock Beach. We found a place to park our car, gathered up our picnic lunch and hiked the 15 minutes mostly Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 18, 2015
- Herons at the front doorHere we are at 75 Point Rd., Monaco, Nelson, New Zealand. We will be here for the next week and doing day trips to various scenic places. Our crib (rental unit) is across the street from a Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 17, 2015
- Everything is awesome!It’s New Year’s Eve. I’ve just arrived at a holiday park in the middle of nowhere to meet up with Maddy and Kat, friends from exciting days out such as ‘getting lost on the way to some caves’, ‘cycling and Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Jan 17, 2015
- Off to the South IslandWe left our very comfortable bach at Burdans Gate and went off to explore Wellington while we waited for our ferry crossing time.
The weather was cloudy, misty and occasionally rainy.
We decided to visit the New Zealand Parliament Buildings.
[img Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 17, 2015
- Nieuw Zeeland: Mind Blowing !!Mind blowing is de beste NZ uitdrukking die mijn ervaringen hier beschrijven. Zo veel fantastische ervaringen dat je er bijna zot van wordt!
Soms zit ik gewoon ergens te genieten van mijn omgeving en moet ik even in mijn ogen wrijven Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Jan 16, 2015
- A walk along the coastWe had read about a tramp (hike) that started near our bach. Today seemed like a good day for a walk. This trail followed the Wellington Harbour from near our bach to the mouth of the harbour at Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 16, 2015
- 21 days to go!Let's do a review of the handy things left to do before we leave NZ and see the world:
#Sell Tim's Car - seems simple but Tim is really sad to sell his Hilux...
#Sell Stacey's Car - better wait until we Posted by travellinghoney in Can Kiwis Fly? | Jan 15, 2015
- Still AliveSo prior to embarking on our SE Asian adventure, we received numerous words of advice.
1. Don't drink the water unless it's bottled or you'll get sick. - No we didn't drink the water, but we did brush our teeth Posted by ushanthi91 in Seriously | Jan 15, 2015
- A day in WellingtonWe met one of the owners of our "bach" as we set out to Wellington this morning. He said they had owned the house for eight years and that it had originally been a farm house. The extension Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 15, 2015
- Lake Pukaki - Lake TekapoAfter leaving Mount Cook village, the weather turned more cloudy, so even lake Pukaki didn’t seem so amazingly blue anymore. We stopped for a longer time at lake Tekapo, walked a bit near the lake, had lunch and drove Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Cromwell - Mt Cook (and the Mueller Hut)After the last post, we still stayed a bit in Cromwell to have lunch (some traditional kiwi pies) and delicious cherries and ice cream for dessert - made with a flavorama. From Cromwell we went to lake Pukaki. The day Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Te Anau - Queenstown - Arrowtown - CromwellAfter Milford we drove back to Te Anau to do laundry and spend some time online, after which we headed towards Queenstown. We stopped many times on the road; to have ice cream, to view the scenery, to rest etc. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Milford CruiseWe arrived in Milford and wanted to take the latest cruise, as people told us that by that time, most of the tourist buses will be gone and it will be more peaceful. We went to the boat terminal and Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Milford Highway First of all, some background: we were not sure if we should do Milford at all, as we felt it was too touristy, too hyped, too many sandflies and too crowded. And indeed, all the DOC campings were pretty crowded, Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Riverton - lake Havea - lake Manapouri - Te AnauThere are really a lot of old mining sites in NZ, which they have turned into historic walks. We did another one somewhere on the road. There is really not much left to see, but Christophe seems to really like Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 14, 2015
- Wanganui to WellingtonEarly on our journey we found many fields of grazing sheep so we took our token picture of New Zealand sheep. You will note that the fields are not as green as they were on our last trip. Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 13, 2015
- Te Araroa - Ship Cove to St Arnaud[center]After completing the North Island leg of Te Araroa we enjoyed 5 days away from trekking including a few days in Christchurch where we ate heaps, replaced some worn out gear and organised some food supplies for the top half Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Jan 13, 2015
- Travelling to WaitomoWe were up and moving fairly early. Graham and Kath went off to pick up our hire cars from Apex and then we met back at the accommodation to source a quick breaky from the bakery. Once the Posted by cgpendii in Fahpen Holiday | Jan 6, 2015
- Lake TaupoToday our travels took us from Rotorua to Wanganui.
We traveled past Lake Taupo.
We stopped for our first tank of gasoline just after Lake Taupo. Prices quite different from Regina Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 12, 2015
- Kaikoura and Grasmere LodgeTuesday 16th December
We arrive at Blenheim, pick up our hire car and set off on our road trip of the South Island. The A1 goes from Blenheim to Christchurch and the sat nav, rather like in Australia, says drive Posted by rduignan in A year together | Jan 12, 2015
- ChristchurchLovely time with the cousins, Nana, Lopez and Sven.
A fine taxi service and lamb feast provided too!!
A shame the NZ Cricket planners didn't fit their schedule around our timetable, but at least they won - Anthony and Caitlin proudly wearing Posted by hollyer in Skiing, friends, family and good times | Jan 12, 2015
- Okere FallsThis morning we were destined to do laundry. We had decided to limit the number of clothing items we brought along because of the over weight luggage charge. Therefore - today was laundry day. We found a Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015