- Two days left...So the plan is: Travel to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and join the 'Hope for Children' Project while experiencing a whole new way of life.
The rest: unknown.
But they say - uncertainty Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Nov 6, 2013
- Last Disjointed Thoughts on New ZealandSome last thoughts on New Zealand...
It's been interesting this first week in China to appreciate the quiet and clean air we left in New Zealand. Often times we thought it was boring because the cities and towns seemed boarded Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 4, 2013
- Adios, Auckland!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/346832/IMG_3905.jpg thumb=ht Posted by lucyfbaird in You Can't Have a Favourite Place... | Oct 30, 2013
- and so it continued...hey friends,
A little update for you. Nearly time to leave new zealand. Ive hurt my finger but i dont know how.Sad face so its a bit sore to type....but ill soldier on regardless....sniff sniff.
I last wrote just after we Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Oct 28, 2013
- Rough Riding the Tasman SeaUp on deck to catch a glimpse of the sunrise through the storm clouds on the horizon. Day two of our three-day crossing of the Tasman Sea is characterised by strong winds and significant swell. The various public Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 27, 2013
- Northward on the East Coast of the South IslandHaving aborted the planned voyage South the ship headed North along the East Coast of the South Island staying close in shore to avoid the rougher waters further out. The sunrise was less than spectacular but did illuminate the Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 26, 2013
- Full Day in DunedinStarted today with a chilly vigil waiting for the sunrise, it happened eventually but wasn't all that spectacular. It also provided a view of a ship being loaded with logs of pine. Had a relatively early breakfast and Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 25, 2013
- Bypassed AkaroaA disappointing morning with almost total overcast and no hint of a colourful sunrise. The texture of the clouds provided an interesting subject but was almost totally grey. With an hour to our scheduled arrival time in Akaroa Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 24, 2013
- My Blog Has Moved!Hello everyone,
My blog has moved to my own new website!
From now on I will be posting my blog on there.
If you wish to keep reading about my travels then follow the link below...
Posted by Jenpen17 in Here, there and everywhere... | Oct 23, 2013
- Welcome to WellingtonLarge black clouds covered much of the sky as we approached Wellington just before dawn this morning. Unusually, there was little to no wind blowing in Wellington and the day developed into a calm warm day. We went Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 23, 2013
- Thank You for Your Dedicated FollowingSorry that the posts seem to come in bunches. It's rare that Ashley and I have time, energy and a good internet connection to post regularly. Please be patient and believe me I will make sure we keep posting Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 22, 2013
- Two Nights in WellingtonAshley deftly secured us a great hotel room in downtown Wellington. The place was only 50 bucks a night, and came with its own personalized traffic cone.
Actu Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 22, 2013
- The Port and Town of NapierStarted the day with a spectacular sunrise on Deck 14 followed by breakfast in the Horizon Court. Spent an hour or two reading before heading up to Deck 14 again for our arrival in Napier. The sea is Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 22, 2013
- Abel Tasman National Park AdventuresBased on a true story (but dramatized for your pleasure), see our hero, Dave, like Papillon before him, escape Kommadant Ashley's grasp. He is forced to hike thru rain forests and finally escape by sea in a kayak from Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 22, 2013
- Tauranga and Mount ManganuiAn early morning arrival had us along-side the Mount Manganui Wharf in the Port of Tauranga. A somewhat defused sunrise heralded a brilliant day with a slightly chilly breeze. After breakfast we went ashore and bought two return Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 21, 2013
- Auckland on a Fine DayWoke to a cold but calm morning and waited for the sunrise on Deck 14. In the semi-dark I became somewhat disoriented as the ship was no longer sailing in a straight line. We were making our approach Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 20, 2013
- That's all folksWe are home again and glad to be here. We did lots, Jamie worked too hard, we ate and drank lots and we did a lot of travelling. Now I am glad to get out into my garden. Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Oct 19, 2013
- Final Sea Day OutboundThe sea is calm and the breeze light but there is a bit of a chill in the air as I found my way to Deck 15 to await the sunrise. The colour of the sunrise continued to develop Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 19, 2013
- Second Sea Day Heading EastThe swell has abated overnight but there is still a strong wind closing off many of the external decks. I managed some sunrise images but they are short of spectacular. With the late sunrise it was after 0700 Posted by greynomadm in 2013 New Zealand | Oct 18, 2013
- Tramping Our Way Up Fox GlacierToday we trekked up Fox Glacier on the west coast of New Zealand. We also learned a bunch of French words that have some special significance in mountaineering.
My Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 13, 2013
- new zealand 2. Here is a list of things I have lost (and sometimes recovered) so far. In Brazil my travel towel. Thankfully we were passing back through so I got it back. My toothbrush. Found it. my deadly earphones. Bought new stupid Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Oct 12, 2013
- Kayaking on Milford Sound (Fjord,....Fiord)
Led by our intrepid guide Ollie, a native Kiwi, we paddled out 20 km this fateful morning from Milford out to the Tasman Sea.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 9, 2013
- Paradise Found in Milford Sound
Thankfully I don't go on nearly as long as Milton. I would only ruin the natural beauty found here in New Zealand. What you see above is Milford Sound, where Ashley an Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 8, 2013
- I am the God of War
Here is Ashley's and my home for the next two weeks or so. It's named Tumatauenga, Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 8, 2013
- South America to New Zealand Whistle stop tour.Hey pals,
Long time no chat....again.
Where to start....We left cusco wishing that that was the end because it was so deadly that we didnt think anything else would top it. We left to go to huacachina. Supposed to be 18 Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Oct 3, 2013