- TaupoAnd we stayed.
We left the camping grounds and drove to the town centre which is located directly at the lake Taupo. Grabbing something small to eat and have a seat beside the lake is an attraction itself.
The city was full Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 28, 2014
- KaikouraWhen planning the passing to Northern Island one has to think about ferry and book it beforehand, sometimes 1-2 days (like we did), sometimes weeks in advance.
Kaikoura lies 2h away from Picton, which small distance so we decided to stay Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 27, 2014
- Tongariro to TaupoAfter a rather tough night, we drove up to see the ski centre. Looks weird with those sharp and edgy lava rocks instead of the snow...
We drove down to the village, enjoying the scenery.
We packed for hiking and went Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 27, 2014
- Foxton to Tongariro National ParkAs the location was great, I jogged along the broad, flat beach which is also used as a road, by the way.
We prepared the car quickly and moved out from the camping grounds and drove 3 min to this beach. Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 27, 2014
- Wellington to FoxtonThe morning in Wellington was calm - no wind, the air was warm and pleasant. We rushed to the city to get the most out of the day.
We started our small city tour with a breakfast at fantastic Memphis Belle Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 27, 2014
- Clyde to LauderAs Jane mentioned yesterday, the hamlet of Clyde originated with the gold rush of the 1860's. The River Clutha produced more gold than anywhere else in New Zealand. The 2 gentlemen who discovered it took 4 days Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 27, 2014
- Franz Josef to ClydeWe awoke to a beautifully clear morning, the mountains looked spectacular. We set off on a fairly long drive to Clyde , where we will start the bike ride. We took the road up to a viewpoint of Fox Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 26, 2014
- Going Crazy in QueenstownWe are now in a strange little place called Hokitika on the west coast of South Island. We are staying overnight before moving on to the northern tip of South Island where we plan to spend a few days at Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Feb 26, 2014
- Hokitika to Franz JosefWe woke to grey skies, but with the promise that things should improve. Very worrying, we didn't want low cloud as we were booked to go on a helicoptor flight out of Franz Josef to the glacier. We Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 25, 2014
- The Edge of the World
Driving along the southern coast of the South Island of New Zealand, we encountered some sheep and helped herd them with our car!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC29152 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 25, 2014
- Day 132 - 134 Coromandel, Waitomo & Hobbiton
Hello New Zealand.
Tactically we budgeted our money so we could spend more time in New Zealand than Austra Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Feb 24, 2014
- Kaikoura to Picton to Wellington (updated)Getting up at 8:00 in an almost freezing car (8C) was adventurous for the entire family. But we managed, also by getting out to a warm sun. A number of seagulls and ducks which were seeking for food on the Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 24, 2014
- Arthur's Pass to HokitikaThe reason for staying in Arthur's Pass Village was to enable us to climb Avalanche Peak. However a good weather forecast was an essential as the walk is quite exposed in parts. The drizzle and low cloud yesterday afternoon cleared Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 24, 2014
- Photos from action packed day in QueenstownJust a quick post to alert you to a few photos from our adrenalin high day in Queenstown. We will post more at the end of our stay here tomorrow. Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Feb 23, 2014
- Akaroa to Arthur's Pass VillageWell we are nearly up to date with our backlog of blogs, if you pardon the alliteration. Having either fitted too much into the day to blog, or having the time but no wifi, has meant that tonight, sat Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 23, 2014
- Christchurch to AkaroaWe left Christchurch in hot sunshine , heading south on the Dyer's Pass road which soon took us to a high vantage point looking down over Lyttelton harbour, apparently the place used by both Scott and Shackleton before setting Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 22, 2014
- Picton to KaikouraWe awoke to a misty morning. Pip cooked a full breakfast after which we left our overnight mooring and headed to Picton. This is where we said goodbye to Pip, Nick and Merlot, and started our journey south.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/57284 Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 20, 2014
- Kaikoura to ChristchurchWe woke to sea fog, the last thing we wanted to see on the very day we wanted to go out, hoping to see Sperm Whales when they come up for air. We headed on down to the port, Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 21, 2014
- Bay Of Many Coves ResortToday we walked a section of the Queen Charlotte Track, one of New Zealand's great walks. The track basically follows the length of the sound along the main ridge.
We caught the water taxi to Torea Bay and then walked Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 18, 2014
- New Plymouth to WellingtonWe left New Plymouth on a very sunny morning to continue our journey to Wellington. We had good views of Mt Egmont/ Taranaki, a dormant volcano with a beautifully symmetrical shape.
We stopped off at Wanganui, a delightful old town Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 15, 2014
- Akaroa to KaikouraWe got up at 7:00am together with the sun :) The view on the bay was nice and the morning coffee tasted even better. We had quite a traffic around us in the early hours because there was supposed to Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 22, 2014
- Photos from Dunedin and update on our TravelsWe have uploaded more photos from the last few days.
We set off from Lake Tekapo in lovely sunshine and had a great drive through the hills on very quiet roads, save for a charity cycle ride coming from the opposite Posted by FandC in Antipodean Antics | Feb 22, 2014
- Christchurch to Twizel? Change of plansTravelling longer with 1 year old kid can be tricky. To say it clearly: you start and end the journey not with the same child. It is exactly happening to us, as we go. Emka walks better every day therefore Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 21, 2014
- Bay Of Many Coves to PictonThis was to be a sailing day with Nick and Pip (and Merlot, their very lovable dog.)
The view from our bedroom window as the mist clears over the hills
[img Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 19, 2014
- ChristchurchOur nice Hungarian guest house owner by the name Miklos gave us a ride to the var rental where we picked up our motorhome. This one is smaller than the one in Australia and - even more important - not Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 21, 2014