- WellingtonOn the drive to Wellington we stopped on route to get a picture of Mount Doom, and at Mokai Gravity Canyon, which is essentially a grown up playground in a huge canyon. The three of us did the flying fox Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014
- Lake TaupoThe plan for this morning was skydiving over Lake Taupo, which looks more like a sea as it's the same size as Singapore. We were picked up by a white stretch limo and got all kitted out ready to go Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 12, 2014
One of the things for what New Zealand is famous for is dolphin and whale watching - especially in Kaikoura. Here the land drops deep into the ocean is deep and a cold stream from the an Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Aug 12, 2014
- Planned vs. ActualI just want to share the difference between our planned route around the South Island, vs the route we actually took.
Originally the plan had been to head to the Franz-Josef glacier from Kairoura and then circle round towards Queenstown before Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- Southerly on the South Island
We can hardly believe that a almost a week has passed since our update from Kaikoura.
After whale watching on Monday afternoon, we spent Tuesday morning exploring Kaikoura while we waited for the windscreen to be replaced (thanks to it being Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- Monday and we went to the Edinburgh TattooWe had a leisurely start to the day as we had plenty of time to do the things we wanted to do. We got the bus into Edinburgh to see the Castle and other sights. We got off at the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 6, 2014
- We Love New Zealand!The last two days have been pretty epic. On Monday we went to Waitomo, famous for its caves and cows. We all went black water rafting, which meant tubing through the caves in big black rubber rings, suited up in Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 5, 2014
- The Lead UpWell, the days are racing by now and there seem to be more things that come up and need adding to the list of "to do's". Visitors coming to stay tonight as well and it will be great to Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Aug 4, 2014
- Sea Mammals SeenWe are now on the South Island - day two and we are at Kaikoura, which is a mecca for sea mammals.
On our way to Kaikoura (about 30km before town) we pulled over at Ohau Point where the road hugs Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 4, 2014
- Curly'sWe love Curly's bar as it's the first place to have wifi in days! So to catch you up, we climbed Mount Eden in Auckland which is like Arthur's seat with a crater at the top. Then we headed back Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Aug 3, 2014
- Facial Fractures, Internal Brain Bleeds and a Nose JobIt's about time that I filled you all in on exactly what happened to me on Monday the 23rd of June, and my progress since.
It was day 4 at Cardies (Cardrona ski resort). The back bowl finally opened resulting in Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Aug 2, 2014
- Milford Sound and... Penguins!!
Visiting the Milford Sound feels like travelling to Norway - provided one survives the journey. Our host in Manapouri already warned us, that we should not attempt to drive to the Milfo Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Aug 1, 2014
- Views and Vistas
After the caves at Waitomo we headed off to Mordor!
Well, to Tongoriro National Park, which is where the Mordor scenes in Lord of the Rings were filmed. We drove to the Chateau Tongariro hotel (NOT recommended, but the less said Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 1, 2014
Drove to the glowworm caves at Waitomo to see some stalactites and stalactites as well as the glowworms. No photography was a allowed in the caves themselves but you can get an idea from the [[http://www.waitomo.com/glowworm-caves-tour.aspx|website]].
Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 1, 2014
- Geysers and Maori CultureThis is the first of a few updates - access to the internet / wifi in New Zealand is at a premium, so I have saved up a few days of activity to report on now that I have my Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Aug 1, 2014
- Flying High at Auckland Sky Tower!Second flight just as good as the first, very impressed with Singapore Airlines. Lauren was especially excited that the breakfast menu included dinner food - Chinese noodles with a pot of jalapeños to make it even better! Ash will miss Posted by New_Zealand in New Zealand | Jul 31, 2014
- Preseason Activities and AdventuresI had an absolute ball on my 24th birthday. I spent the day with two of my newest best friends, Tom and Holly, in Queenstown. Most of the afternoon was taken up with trampolining at an indoor centre based on Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Jul 27, 2014
- Ice and AdrenalinOn our way to Queenstown we stopped at the Franz Josef Glacier - a glacier that is called that way, because an Austrian first climbed the Franz Josef Mountain and named it (being a good Austrian) after the then rulling Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Jul 27, 2014
- The Sun Shone on The Shire TodayToday we woke up to rain, drove through serious fog, and enjoyed gloriously bright sunshine while visiting Hobbiton - the set of The Shire in the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit films. Crowded House were from New Zealand Posted by MrsB in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jul 27, 2014
- Auckland and CoromandelIt was very cloudy - and even rained a little bit - in Fiji while we were leaving on Wednesday. The perfect day to move on after six fabulous days of island resort living and discover Auckland.
Our flight didn't land Posted by blandy75 in Paul & Clare's Round the World Trip | Jul 26, 2014
- A trip to the oldest pancakes of the world
The Westcoast of the south island in New Zealand is famous for its ciffs, rough climate and beautiful rainforest.
We stayed one night in Punakaiki in a hostel, that was built in the r Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Jul 22, 2014
- Fern's blogHi I'm Fern. I am Class 7NA's mascot, and I am hitching a ride across the world to Singapore, UK, Ireland, France and Italy with Madison. I need to report back to the class on a regular basis.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/659689/large_P10106 Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 19, 2014
- Our Rock star tourWe have had a blast on this trip...from crossing time zones, eating airport food, navigating the interstates of LA, San Fransisco, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas and Cincinatti...sometimes going in circles with the GPS systems to visiting some awesome monuments Posted by yrstruly in Rock Star Tour | Jul 19, 2014
- Team up for the exciting tripHi, everyone. I am organising a group trip to Xingjiang and Tibet. As some of you have already known that booking any trip to these two places from a travel agency is very expensive. I think so.....So, let us travel Posted by cheng8101 in Trip to Xingjiang and Tibet | Jul 17, 2014
- Sea Kajaking
Once we had crossed the cook straight between the North and South Island and arrived in Picton, we went straight to Motueka, which is a tiny town right next to the Abel Tasman National P Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Jul 17, 2014