- Sometimes things don't go to planAfter everyone had departed the coast back to Christchurch, life continued on as usual here. It rained or rather stormed. We had thunder and lightening all night! And then Rob and i continued to build the barn - which is Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | May 18, 2015
- Catch Ya LaterAfter some gentle persuasion to Morgan (okay more like nagging) for almost 2 years about how much I wanted to travel, he agreed to put his career on hold (because lets be honest I don't really have one) so that Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | May 17, 2015
- Wellington, New Zealand
It worked out that mum and dad had about 10 days total in New Zealand and we therefore decided to get the longest leg of the driving out of the way (Auckland to Wellington) on the first d Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 16, 2015
- Auckland 2, New Zealand
I woke up VERY excited!!! Luckily my parents' flight was on time and and they got the biggest hugs of their lives when we saw them in the arrivals lounge. I'd not seen them for 6 months an Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 16, 2015
- Two months to go!There are quite a few different emotions at this stage, mostly excited. And some frustration as it still seems so long till we go and there are so many things that I can't get stuck into yet, ie packing. Jonathan Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | May 15, 2015
- Day 18 until the endThe last week or so has been busier than the rest of the cruise put together, hence my prolonged absence from the blog.
We had two more days of unfortunate weather, but on Friday morning we were back in the water Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | May 12, 2015
- Barn LifeAs i stood staring at the shower, i definitely began to reconsider the need to be clean. I mean, it hadn't been that long since i last showered, right? (lets not get into details on that one ;) )! Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | May 12, 2015
- Mount Manganui, New Zealand
I used to live with Dan at university and since I'd last seen him he has lived in Canada, where he spent his days snowboarding, and now lives in New Zealand, spending his days surfing. W Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 12, 2015
- Auckland, New ZealandWe've moved from country to country a lot over the last 10 months, but I found the arrival into New Zealand from Indonesia the strangest. It felt like a VERY long way from home (which it is), but weirdly it Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 12, 2015
- Queenstown, NZFormer British outposts the world over bear the marks of English civility and urban design. Proving no exception, the central gardens of the South Island with a mountainous backdrop, waterfront wharf, and colonial tea houses could easily be mistaken as Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | May 4, 2015
- The land that time forgotSadly, our time here in New Zealand has finally come to an end and we’re off to the States tomorrow.
We’re gutted to be leaving such a dramatically beautiful country although have to admit we're looking forward to getting Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | May 2, 2015
- And then the rain returned to the west coastArriving back in new Zealand, I'd discovered the river levels were low, very low. How low was proven, when linden and I went for a mission up Backstair creek. This creek is a tributary to the Toaroha, a Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | May 2, 2015
- Queenstown, NZ - a kid in an adventure candy store! (pt. 2) When I left off in the last blog post, I just finished up free falling on the canyon swing and we had enjoyed an incredible dinner looking out over Queenstown. Needless to say we both slept well that evening Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Apr 28, 2015
- Queenstown, NZ - a kid in an adventure candy store! (pt. 1) Finally, the time was here, it was a day I had been anxiously waiting on since we had booked it, it was time to make our way to New Zealand and I was pumped! New Zealand had been on my Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Apr 26, 2015
- Day 6: Transit TooNote: Anyone who wants to see details of the research this cruise is doing, check out laugeomicro2015.blogspot.com!
Jessica and I woke up late. I scrambled out of my top bunk at 9:15 and rushed to get ready, thinking that I Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 22, 2015
- Day 5: TransitI woke up before Jessica and got ready in the dark, trying my hardest to keep quiet. The auto-latch of the drawers and doors made it almost impossible, so I felt bad when Jessica groaned and pulled the covers over Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 21, 2015
- Day 4: PreparationThe 21st dawned bright. I groaned when I heard Jessica moving about the room, not wanting to wake just yet, but a glance at my watch told me it was already 7:15am and thus time to get up. Breakfast was Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 20, 2015
- Day 3: DrillsAn air of anxiety filled the science crew when I went up to breakfast. None of the equipment necessary for the trip had yet arrived, even though it had been shipped on the 6th of April. It was now the Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 19, 2015
- Day 2: BoardingDay two began with freshly made juice and coffee at Hannah and Paul’s house. Poor Tonka was forced outside onto the deck after his bath and Bruno was made to join him as we ate. To make up for it, Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 18, 2015
- Here I go, time to start a blog! Check out the map!
12 and a half weeks till day of departure! 16th July.
Flights mostly booked
Still need to: find someone to rent the house, preferably fully furnished with cat thrown in.
Feeling excited and scared and very bl Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Apr 21, 2015
- Wanaka, NZGear check at 8am passes without issue, apart from the realization my training partner is a 220lb Aussie. Pulling this solid ex-cop out of a crevice may pose a challenge.
Two guides, two trainees, and countless sharp and fierce snow capped Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 20, 2015
- Waitangi WeekendRather than struggling to learn to travel blog whilst overseas now is the time to practice. With doing non simultaneous house swaps during the summer we had lots of exciting get aways. We always enjoy heading to the Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Apr 19, 2015
- Day 1: ExploringI waited next to the line of cars picking up and dropping off for nearly an hour, checking my phone for the time every few minutes. I had no service of course now that I was international, and no wifi Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 19, 2015
- Day 0: TravelThe trip started horribly. My flight left at 11:30am EST, so naturally we had left in plenty of time. The airport is a grand total of 20 minutes away and leaving at 9am seemed almost excessive. As soon as we Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 18, 2015
- Otago, NZClouds and mist, and looming snow-covered mountains on all sides. A dangerous recipe for most, though the local pilot notes no concern.
Another tour of one sees my coach wend through the switchbacks from one lakeside town to another. My Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 19, 2015