- Tramping Our Way Up Fox GlacierToday we trekked up Fox Glacier on the west coast of New Zealand. We also learned a bunch of French words that have some special significance in mountaineering.
My Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 13, 2013
- new zealand 2. Here is a list of things I have lost (and sometimes recovered) so far. In Brazil my travel towel. Thankfully we were passing back through so I got it back. My toothbrush. Found it. my deadly earphones. Bought new stupid Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Oct 12, 2013
- Kayaking on Milford Sound (Fjord,....Fiord)
Led by our intrepid guide Ollie, a native Kiwi, we paddled out 20 km this fateful morning from Milford out to the Tasman Sea.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 9, 2013
- Paradise Found in Milford Sound
Thankfully I don't go on nearly as long as Milton. I would only ruin the natural beauty found here in New Zealand. What you see above is Milford Sound, where Ashley an Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 8, 2013
- I am the God of War
Here is Ashley's and my home for the next two weeks or so. It's named Tumatauenga, Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 8, 2013
- South America to New Zealand Whistle stop tour.Hey pals,
Long time no chat....again.
Where to start....We left cusco wishing that that was the end because it was so deadly that we didnt think anything else would top it. We left to go to huacachina. Supposed to be 18 Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Oct 3, 2013
- First City...AucklandSeptember 8, 2013. Depart Los Angeles for 15-hr flight on the cadillac of airplanes, the Quantas A380 two-deck plane. Left on Sunday, briefly saw Monday as the date changed at midnight; then greeted another day after crossing the international dateline. Posted by chvoss in New Zealand and Australia | Oct 1, 2013
- Working through the 'bucket list'So with less than a month to go before I turn 40 I have been perusing the photo albums and reflecting on things I have done whilst I have been on this wonderful earth…..turns out I have done some pretty Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Sep 20, 2013
- The complete story - part 1
[[http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2861685|Click here for the detailed itinerary]]
Distance: 2592.9 km
Elevation: + 40533 / - 40535 m
Cycling days: 28 (27 Mar 2013 - 0 Posted by cschitter in There and back again | Sep 14, 2013
- Bon voyage to the only child
Armed with a travel wallet that is worn under your clothes (and looks really stylish with white see-through tops), I was off on my exc Posted by tburnside in burnside's travels | Aug 28, 2013
- END OF AN ERAA FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
The Auckland metropolitan area in the North Island of New Zealand, is the largest and most populous urban area in the country. Auckland has an urban population of 1,397,300 and a metropolitan popu Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 10, 2013
- ZUCCHINI SISTERS TOGETHER AGAIN!A FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
CAPITAL OF NEW ZEALAND SINCE 1865! IT GETS REALLY REALLY WINDY HERE! SOMETIMES PEOPLE BLOW OVER. NOT JOKING.
HOW EVER DID I GET HERE?
Best story here. Sold my car in Christchurch and Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 8, 2013
- DRUNK MONKEY MAZESA FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
Christchurch is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand, and the country's third-most populous urban area. On Saturday 4 September 2010, a magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck Christchurch Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 2, 2013
- Alex and LucWhen I was with Luc we were playing monopoly most of the time it was very fun. Then we would go and do the tim tam slam. The tim tam slam is when you get a tim tam and you Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 19, 2013
- Rangitoto...Possibly my favourite view....Rangitoto...all seasons....all weather. Enjoyed over the years....from the bus on my way to work....from a cafe.....with a coffee on the sea wall.....or fish and chips on the beach.....from a kayak....whilst pushing baby Emi Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 30, 2013
- Day 39Sad day, our last day in NZ, but all good things come to an end though and we know it won't be our last trip here. We awake to a very wet day so it's wet weather activities - Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 29, 2013
- Day 38A slow start, the pace of this trip is finally catching up with everyone. The day brings a lovely sunny morning, nothing like the planned forecast but that's Auckland for you. The sunny morning means that H can't be dragged Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 28, 2013
- Day 37Lovely day out with the George-Smilie family. First stop, coffee on the beach at Mission Bay. Out to Rangitoto on the ferry, walk to the summit for a picnic with a view. Lots of fun exploring the lava caves Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 27, 2013
- Day 36We awoke to dense fog, no sign of Rangitoto this morning. So we head out to Mt Wellington to explore a new shopping mall...this level of retail experience shows just how much Auckland has changed. We manage to sort Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 26, 2013
- Day 35Early morning run to blow away a few cobwebs from last night...and to retrieve the car from Bob and Glenice's house. E and A stay home to watch movies...(they are really tired now!) whilst D and H explore some Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 26, 2013
- Day 21
Not much to do today but looking forward to Wellington tomorrow! Had some fish and chips on the beach and played in the playground with Alex after lunch. Spent the evening watching prince of Persia and walking up a large Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Aug 25, 2013
- Day 22 - 28Thought I would group these days together as we didn't really do much and spent the whole time in Wellington.
Ok so on the 13th we took the before lunch ferry which lasted 3hrs and was very choppy for being Posted by Emily xxx in New Zealand | Aug 25, 2013
- Day 34Lovely day hanging out in St Heliers. E and A accompany Bob and Glenice to watch Beth play hockey where her team win 6:1 whilst D and H have brunch....just like old times. Lovely sunny day, the sun is SO Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 24, 2013
- Day 33We awake to the most glorious sunny day at our Hahei beach front site with sea views. Sad day today, as it the end of our camper van odyssey but, on the up side, we still have a week Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 23, 2013
- Day 32....and it worked. After probably one of the wildest nights so far we woke to a warm day with clear skies and a fairly calm sea. An early morning phone call confirmed that we were still on for a spot Posted by The Pearsons in Destination Aotearoa | Aug 22, 2013