- Mount Manganui, New Zealand
I used to live with Dan at university and since I'd last seen him he has lived in Canada, where he spent his days snowboarding, and now lives in New Zealand, spending his days surfing. W Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 12, 2015
- Auckland, New ZealandWe've moved from country to country a lot over the last 10 months, but I found the arrival into New Zealand from Indonesia the strangest. It felt like a VERY long way from home (which it is), but weirdly it Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | May 12, 2015
- Queenstown, NZFormer British outposts the world over bear the marks of English civility and urban design. Proving no exception, the central gardens of the South Island with a mountainous backdrop, waterfront wharf, and colonial tea houses could easily be mistaken as Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | May 4, 2015
- The land that time forgotSadly, our time here in New Zealand has finally come to an end and we’re off to the States tomorrow.
We’re gutted to be leaving such a dramatically beautiful country although have to admit we're looking forward to getting Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | May 2, 2015
- Queenstown, NZ - a kid in an adventure candy store! (pt. 2) When I left off in the last blog post, I just finished up free falling on the canyon swing and we had enjoyed an incredible dinner looking out over Queenstown. Needless to say we both slept well that evening Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Apr 28, 2015
- Queenstown, NZ - a kid in an adventure candy store! (pt. 1) Finally, the time was here, it was a day I had been anxiously waiting on since we had booked it, it was time to make our way to New Zealand and I was pumped! New Zealand had been on my Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Apr 26, 2015
- Day 6: Transit TooNote: Anyone who wants to see details of the research this cruise is doing, check out laugeomicro2015.blogspot.com!
Jessica and I woke up late. I scrambled out of my top bunk at 9:15 and rushed to get ready, thinking that I Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 22, 2015
- Day 5: TransitI woke up before Jessica and got ready in the dark, trying my hardest to keep quiet. The auto-latch of the drawers and doors made it almost impossible, so I felt bad when Jessica groaned and pulled the covers over Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 21, 2015
- Day 4: PreparationThe 21st dawned bright. I groaned when I heard Jessica moving about the room, not wanting to wake just yet, but a glance at my watch told me it was already 7:15am and thus time to get up. Breakfast was Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 20, 2015
- Day 3: DrillsAn air of anxiety filled the science crew when I went up to breakfast. None of the equipment necessary for the trip had yet arrived, even though it had been shipped on the 6th of April. It was now the Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 19, 2015
- Day 2: BoardingDay two began with freshly made juice and coffee at Hannah and Paul’s house. Poor Tonka was forced outside onto the deck after his bath and Bruno was made to join him as we ate. To make up for it, Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 18, 2015
- Here I go, time to start a blog! Check out the map!
12 and a half weeks till day of departure! 16th July.
Flights mostly booked
Still need to: find someone to rent the house, preferably fully furnished with cat thrown in.
Feeling excited and scared and very bl Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Apr 21, 2015
- Wanaka, NZGear check at 8am passes without issue, apart from the realization my training partner is a 220lb Aussie. Pulling this solid ex-cop out of a crevice may pose a challenge.
Two guides, two trainees, and countless sharp and fierce snow capped Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 20, 2015
- Waitangi WeekendRather than struggling to learn to travel blog whilst overseas now is the time to practice. With doing non simultaneous house swaps during the summer we had lots of exciting get aways. We always enjoy heading to the Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Apr 19, 2015
- Day 1: ExploringI waited next to the line of cars picking up and dropping off for nearly an hour, checking my phone for the time every few minutes. I had no service of course now that I was international, and no wifi Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 19, 2015
- Day 0: TravelThe trip started horribly. My flight left at 11:30am EST, so naturally we had left in plenty of time. The airport is a grand total of 20 minutes away and leaving at 9am seemed almost excessive. As soon as we Posted by mrh616 in Living Revelle | Apr 18, 2015
- Otago, NZClouds and mist, and looming snow-covered mountains on all sides. A dangerous recipe for most, though the local pilot notes no concern.
Another tour of one sees my coach wend through the switchbacks from one lakeside town to another. My Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 19, 2015
- Auckland, NZThe landing was dark.
After flying 14,000kms my pilot had landed ahead of schedule and delivered me to Auckland at 4:30am.
As the Kiwi's slept, Google Fit stated that by breakfast my daily requirement was complete - University of Auckland Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 19, 2015
- A fabulous fortnight of funThe school holidays have been jam packed this Easter!
We started with a long weekend in Melbourne catching up with family and friends over plenty of good food and drinks. One of our nicest meals was at a Polish restaurant Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Apr 18, 2015
- Valdareee Valdaraaah.....The Milford Track has long been described as the ‘Finest walk in the World’ and is something Jase has long wanted to do. To me however, it sounded like the longest and most boring walk in the World.
Having now completed Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Apr 18, 2015
- Neuseeland - Teil 4Von der Westküste der Südinsel und dem regnerischen Franz Josef Town nahmen wir Abschied und fuhren über Passstrassen hoch ins Innere der Southern Alps durch diese schöne Landschaft.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/680263/99CD96B4D6A710FF2ADE8B1 Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Apr 16, 2015
- Adrenaline Chunkies!After a relaxing couple of weeks on the North Island living off beer, wine and afghan’s (highly addictive New Zealand chocolate cookies), Jase and I were feeling the strain on our waistlines and energy levels. We knew it would Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Apr 12, 2015
- AucklandWe left Rotorua early and had an easy drive into Auckland. This part of the North Island is a bit drier than down south, and we our drive took us from lush green forest to more dry, yellow fields. Posted by TandTtravel in Dash across the ditch | Apr 10, 2015
- Neuseeland - Teil 3Als wir wieder festen Boden unter den Rädern hatten, fuhren wir sogleich los in den Abel Tasman National Park, der sich im Nordwesten der Südinsel befindet. Das Wetterglück hatte uns vorübergehend verlassen, sodass wir unseren Aufenthalt in diesem Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Apr 10, 2015
- RotoruaRotorua was a surprising mix of physical/geographic marvels and cultural surprises.
We drove for a few hours in the rain to get here, stopping for the obligatory coffee and a nice "Lava Glass Blowing" place to ensure appropriate breaks. Arriving at Posted by TandTtravel in Dash across the ditch | Apr 10, 2015