- Nuova Zelanda - Isola Sud Prima di entrare nei dettagli delle nostre tappe lungo la west e la south coast dell'isola sud, penso sia giunto il momento per qualche considerazione più generale. Per prima cosa vorrei sfatare il mito della “Svizzera col mare”, epiteto col Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | May 21, 2014
- Da Auckland a Wellington01.05–03.05 - Auckland
“A causa di un'emergenza all'aeroporto di Auckland, atterreremo a Wellington.”
“Gufo, ho capito bene??!”
Come accade sempre in casi simili c'era chi chiedeva spiegazioni al vicino, chi alla hostess, chi faceva congett Posted by ninabuffi in Il viaggio dei gufi | May 13, 2014
- Our NZ top 10I've been procrastinating about this blog because there's SO many factors and experiences to consider, and I've not wanted to write war and peace - no good for me, no good for you! (Phrase learnt in Asia).
So, without further ado Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 5, 2014
- Aukland and Eden ParkWe found a city of over 1.2 million people (dramatic pause)! Aukland. We knew there must be people in New Zealand somewhere and it turns out they're all hiding here disguised as hipsters and grasping coffee cups whilst they go Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | May 3, 2014
- Return to Hawke BayOn Sunday morning we got up bright and early, well 9am(ha!), to visit the Farmers market, where we came back with sausages, bacon, black pudding, cheese, cider, bread, walnut brittle and pies! We also bought more food that we ate Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | May 2, 2014
- Residencia Temporal de México It all began when my amazing cousin Sarah surprised me with a visit from Australia. I had no idea she was coming, even though she had organised it for me to have the entire week off work! She had Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 1, 2014
- Auckland - the end of our New Zealand adventureAnd so to our final stop in New Zealand, 'the city of sails'.
Our first view of Auckland from the state highway
We stayed in the pretty suburb of Grey Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 29, 2014
- Waitomo caves and TaranakiWe left my Aunty and Uncles and headed across the country to Waitomo which is famous for its caves and more importantly glow worms which we had waited to see for some time. After arriving and waiting for the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 26, 2014
- The North of the South IslandWhen we were in the North of the South Island it was Easter bank holiday weekend and the NZ government in their infinite wisdom made a law that no one can trade, this includes no selling of alcohol anywhere without Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 26, 2014
- Auckland, New ZealandUp early the next morning and deciding not to shower in the horrible bathrooms, we set off for Auckland. The drive again was short and after a quick stop in Hamilton, to use the loo’s we arrived at the Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jan 31, 2014
- Whangarei Heads provides Kiwi hospitality by the bucketload!From the Bay of Islands we headed south - about half way towards Auckland - to a place called Whangerai Heads.
This stay was basically a masterclass in Kiwi neighbourhood hospitality.
Our base (yup, you guessed it... another airbnb pad) was Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 25, 2014
- Off to Shanghai in T minus 4 hours....This is just a check to see if this blog is working, just off to make spicy pumpkin tacos for my house sitter.... Posted by Kiwi Holly in Well ni hao China! | Apr 25, 2014
- Many Ways to Almost Die for Lots of Money!We woke up in Auckland to a rare sight- sun! We hedged our bets and took our raincoats anyways (this turned out to be a pretty good idea, as you might have expected). We were planning on renting some bikes Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 23, 2014
- Great Barrier IslandWe just got back from a short stay on Great Barrier Island. As we only had three days we decided to take the 30 minute flight rather than the 4 ½ hour ferry to get to the island. Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Apr 21, 2014
- Week 1: The beginning...Our trip started with an over loaded polo in Gisborne.
We travelled down south, visited family and spent a week fishing, kiwi spotting and insulating our place on Stewart Island.
[img=http:/ Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Apr 21, 2014
- The breathtaking Bay of IslandsFrom the Coromandel Peninsula we headed west and further north again into Northland - the uppermost region of New Zealand's North Island. The weather was still incredible for the time of year - even the locals had started to comment Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Apr 20, 2014
- Let's go to the Beach! Beach! Beach!Good Saturday began with- you guessed it- SUNSHINE!! I can’t believe our good luck as the weather gods finally took a day off from tormenting us. The forecast had called for rain and we were prepared to be disappointed about Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 20, 2014
- Strong Men come from EnglandIt seems the rain gods had decided that we had been having too much fun because by Thursday Rotorua (and much of New Zedland) was under a complete torrential downpour. The kind of face slapping, sideways rain that basically makes Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | Apr 20, 2014
- So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish.Unlike many (/most) of my previous entries, I am not writing this while backpacking on some unsuspecting cafe's wifi, or holed up in a library hogging the powerpoint as I charge a myriad of appliances, or even while attempting to Posted by lucyfbaird in You Can't Have a Favourite Place... | Apr 19, 2014
- Our Final Week of Travels Spent in New Zealand!
We arrived in New Zealand's North Island after two exceptional weeks of camping travels in the South Island. After picking up our new (very big, very fast!) car rental in Wellington, Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Our Second Superb Week in New Zealand...
After an amazing 6 days to the start of our New Zealand camping roadtrip, we left the spectacular Milford Sound and drove the four hours up to Queenstown. Both Ben and I really loved Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Last Stop: New Zealand! Week One in This Amazing Country...
So we're now in New Zealand! Our flight from Fiji landed us in Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island, where we were met with RAIN - and you don't know how pleased we were! After Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- The wet and windy west coastAfter leaving Wanaka we drove to the West coast to the villages of Fox Glacier and Franz Josef. The main attractions here being the glaciers! When we arrived the weather was having a shocking time. We headed first to Fox Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- WanakaA small distance north of Queenstown is Wanaka on the shore of the the lake and surrounded by mountains. We spent two nights here, camping the first and as the rain descended staying in a luxurious (some may say basic, Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014
- Queenstown to ArrowtownOur first night in Queenstown was spent camping in a central though slightly less then appealing campsite near the town. Queenstown is the party and extreme sport capital of the South Island and reminds me slightly of Newquay (you can Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Apr 17, 2014