- AucklandWe enjoyed a great day exploring Auckland, thanks to Sue and Peter. 1st stop was the Maritime Museum, well laid out and very informative detailing all things maritime from the early Polynesian arrivals , through the European explorers to modern Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 14, 2014
- Wellington to The Bay of Many CovesWow, what a day. We left Wellington on the Interislander, it's been renamed, but was the Pride Of Cherbourg running out of Portsmouth UK. Wall to wall blue skies and an easy sea meant for a memorable crossing Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 17, 2014
- EsperanceEsperance is located on the Great Australian Bight towards the western end of the south coast of Australia. Near the town itself are numerous beaches, offering surfing, scuba diving, and swimming. Esperance is most noted for its coastline and Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 20, 2014
- Quake CityIt was time to leave sheep country behind us as we headed to Christchurch, the final city on our journey in NZ and in fact the last city for us on this epic adventure!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508470/large_F00341E22219AC6817512569F6F32AAD Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 20, 2014
- AdelaideAdelaide is Australia’s 5th largest city with a population of over 1.2 million Adelaideans and is located on the Gulf St Vincent in front of the low-lying Mount Lofty Ranges. It is about the same distance south of the Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 18, 2014
- TAIRUA - NEW ZEALANDWelcome to TAIRUA! An amazing hamlet on the Coromandel peninsula. The Cormandel has every thing you could ask for a destination that has it all. Stunning beaches, "some even have thermal geysers under the sand to make your own hot Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Feb 16, 2014
- SydneyBy the time we got up this morning we had arrived at Sydney and were already tied up at the dock. We were right in the middle of the action as our pier is located between two Sydney icons, the Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 15, 2014
- Auckland to New PlymouthAfter bidding farewell to Sue & Peter, Libby, Warwick & Kate we set off to face the Auckland rush hour in our hire car. I'd not driven an automatic for years, so had to remind my left Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 15, 2014
- Arrive in Auckland..After landing in Auckland we had a terrific welcome from Sue East, what a fantastic way to arrive anywhere! We were whisked back to her house, unloaded, had a nice cup of tea and were off out again in no Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 13, 2014
- Goodbye New ZealandWe are sad to leave, on this our final day in New Zealand before we depart for Australia tomorrow. During the past month in NZ we have noticed that the extraordinary is the ordinary here: the beautiful and Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 14, 2014
- Day 34: Last Full Day in New Zealand :-(Today was a great full day in Queenstown, New Zealand's fifth largest city, I believe. Depending on when my wifi will cut me off while writing this, I don't know how many, if any, photos, I will get to include Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 14, 2014
- Rangitata White Water RaftingLeaving the beauty of Mount Cook wasn't easy, you could stay in that area for a day just admiring the view. However, we had an exciting activity to look forward. The Rangitata Rafting just outside of Christchurch offers the chance Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Feb 14, 2014
- New Zealand grand finale in Doubtful SoundWhat can we possibly write about one of the most beautiful places on the earth? Hopefully these photos will capture the gorgeous scenery of the past 24 hours on our overnight cruise through Doubtful Sound on the Real Adventures Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 13, 2014
- Last week of South IslandWent to Queenstown and did canyoning at Routeburn (45min drive from Queenstown). This involves abseiling, climbing, swimming, jumping and sliding down waterfalls and following the water to the bottom of the canyon. Was a great day!
Headed down to Milfo Posted by chelle323 in New Zealand 2014 | Feb 13, 2014
- Days 30-33 in New ZealandTUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11:
Since wifi lately has been nonexistent, here is the combined post for the latest two full days of our travels. The wifi is still very limited, so you will see some captions that don't have photos to go Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 13, 2014
- Dolphins at DaybreakToday I found a tree house. It reminded me of Jack and Annie in the Magic Tree House book series.
Right now I am watching dolphins jump out of the water in front of o Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Feb 13, 2014
- Dolphins in Milford SoundOur family hostel room back in Kinloch was barely big enough to fit the four of us and our luggage, and it was challenging to share kitchen, bath, and shower facilities with strangers, albeit mostly friendly strangers. Needless to say, Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 13, 2014
- Whoaaaaa we're half way there...So, we're half way through our travels and thought it would be a good time to reflect on the journey so far, and to look forward to the next four and a half months.
The half way point was our first Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Feb 12, 2014
- Cruising the South West Shore of NZThis morning we woke up to cool sunny skies and a strong breeze. This southwest coast of New Zealand is renowned for the mountainous terrain spotted with spectacular sounds and fiords. We were told that it is most Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 11, 2014
- South Island, NZEarly this morning we dropped anchor near Akaroa which is 84 km from Christchurch and is situated on the Banks Peninsula. This beautiful little resort village is on a sheltered harbor surrounded by craggy volcanic hills. The Banks Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 11, 2014
- All AboardAfter two days of touring around the North Island of New Zealand (see previous post) is was time to board the Celebrity Solstice. So after a leisurely morning of walking around we finally got a taxi to take the six Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 11, 2014
- Day 29: Lake Hawea to GlenorchyToday my family and I traveled from our wonderful hotel on the shore of Lake Hawea to our...um...cozy (to say the least) backpacker's lodge near Glenorchy. It is fairly clean, at least, which makes it a couple notches better than Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 10, 2014
- REALLY getting away from it all, or The Bra FenceWe were sad to say good-bye to the Lake Hawea Motel with its on-site restaurant and pub, modern hotel amenities, and beautiful view across the lake of the mountains.
Photo from last night with the moonlight shining on Lake Hawea.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 9, 2014
- Glaciers and the FjordlandsFirst stop, Franz Josef Glacier. Without a helicopter and a guide, you're not allowed to walk on the glacier, and there is a fence showing how close you can safely get.
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 9, 2014
- Inspiring aspiringAfter a fatiguing day of hiking yesterday, we decided to explore Mt. Aspiring National Park by car and visit several sights easily reached alongside the main road. In the course of a 4-hour car ride we saw jaw-droppingly beautiful Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 8, 2014