- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 59 April 2016
There was heavy rain again during the night. The morning was a bit overcast but the rain didn’t return.
The morning routine was breakfast (cooked or continental – or both) and then we prepared our own lunch and snacks Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 11, 2016
- Ocean, Glacier and Lakes, NZ==Leaving Greymouth! :)==
We drove futher south and had to made a spontaneous stop over in Haast since it was getting dark and the weather was bad.
On our way on the New Zealand "Highway"
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/813291 Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Apr 10, 2016
- Final countdown to departureThe Rosie family is off to Wales for the wedding of Jeff and Zara on 23 April 2016.
On the first leg of our journey we are joining the Edgewater College French trip to Normandy and Paris. We then take the Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 9, 2016
- PICTON to HANMER SPRINGS : 8th & 9th APRIL 2016Early morning sunshine in the harbour - great start to the day.
The Interislander - on yet another voyage across to Wellington
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/C5E35D67 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 9, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 48 April 2016
I woke during the night to the sound of heavy rain but by morning the rain had gone and the sun was shining.
Today was another rest or activity day. The Abel Tasman walk can be done in Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 8, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 37 April 2016
After breakfast we packed up our bags (to be taken by boat) and were ready to start walking at 9.00am. Today’s walk is in three stages, with the option to take the boat on a stage if required.
As Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 7, 2016
- NAPIER to MARTINBOROUGH to PICTON : 6th to 7th APRIL 2016The sun was shining as we rode out of Napier, would have loved more time here, this is an interesting City.
We diverted on the Old Coach Road to Porangahua and on to the Longest Place name in the world Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 7, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 26 April 2016
A relaxed start to the day. Breakfast was at 7.30am and I had the morning to relax, sit in the sun and talk to some people from the group. A few people went kayaking after breakfast, taking advantage Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 6, 2016
- Abel Tasman National Park: Day 15 April 2016
An early start to the day with my pickup at 7.15am. We picked up a few other people in Nelson and headed to the Wilsons office in Motueka, where we met our guide Whitey, handed in paperwork and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 5, 2016
- GISBORNE to NAPIER : 5th APRIL 2016It rained and rained and bucketed down overnight!!!! Lucky for us it cleared this morning.
We left Gisborne in light rain with fingers crossed for sunshine down the road.
Our ride today was through Tiniroto to Wairoa, and then on to Napier. Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 4, 2016
- Return home - with a puppyToday was all about collecting Tana from outside Ashburton, and making it home to Nelson - 600km north. An ambitious plan, but needs must.
We used the daylight saving change, to get up at 7am (would have been 8am), and Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 4, 2016
- Moeraki rest daySince we were so close, we had decided that dinner at Fleurs Place in Moeraki should be our reward for completing the trail. We slept late, and then packed up the car - separating out the smelly cycling gear, and Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 4, 2016
- New Zealand: 20163 April 2016
A long day of travel from Sydney to Auckland to Nelson. Due to industrial action by immigration and security staff I was asked to be at the airport at least three hours before my 10.30am departure, however, there Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Apr 3, 2016
- OPOTOKI to GISBORNE : 4th APRIL 2016There is 2 ways to do this - Aitch & Jo decided to do the long way around the coast, we chose the Waieoka Gorge version.
First we decided to go through Opotoki and have a look at the Ocean just Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 3, 2016
- COROMANDEL TOWN to OPOTIKI : 3rd APRIL 2016End of daylight savings meant turning the clock back - and we have a long day ahead. This of course means an early start for us - 7:45am.
Beautiful fresh morning, we stopped at the top looking back down at Coromandel Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 3, 2016
- The permaculture adventureThe time spent at the Lumsden Hotel was both rejuvenating and relaxing. Our drive to help and get things done properly seemed highly appreciated, bringing about a pleasant satisfaction in us.
Moving to our next -and current- HelpX host, then, was Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Apr 2, 2016
- PICTON/OHAKUNE/ROTORUA/COROMANDEL TOWN - MARCH to 2nd APRILThursday 31st March -
We started with an early breakfast overlooking Picton Harbour before boarding the Interislander Ferry for the North Island.
It was a lovely clear calm day so our crossing was very smooth.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Apr 2, 2016
- 2014 - Bay of Islands
Saturday 27 December to Tuesday 30 December
This was another camping trip, this time up north to the Bay of Islands. I stayed at the Haruru Falls Motor Camp and had a great v Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Dec 30, 2014
- Day 6: Duntroon to OamaruThe final day of our epic ride. And it was a tough one. 55km, with at least two climbs, before the final descent to sea level. We breakfasted at the cottage and were on the road shortly after 9am. It Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 1, 2016
- Day 5: Kurow to DuntroonThis was our near-rest day. A mere 28km to our destination. Felt pretty good.
We slept late, then had a great cooked breakfast, and said our farewells to our hosts. On the road just after 10am. Sweet. The aches of Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Apr 1, 2016
- Day 4: Omarama to KurowWe woke to an awesome clear sky day, for our longest distance day. What a relief!
We got on the road by about 9.30am, after a nice chilled breakfast in our unit. The only off note was the hot rod Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 30, 2016
- TAKAKA to PICTON - 30th MARCH 2016Back up over Harold's favourite road - the Takaka Hill this morning. Great start to the day.
Quotes of the day "better than the Stelvio Pass - Italy" : Meredith
"much more fun" : Jo
"that was twisted fun" : Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 30, 2016
- PUNAKAIKI to TAKAKA - 29th MARCH 2016Sunrise this morning was a lovely start to the day.
Punakaiki Beach was amazing, pink sky, blue sea and black sand. Nothing like our Aussie Beaches.
The Tavern and our room - drenc Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 29, 2016
- Day 3: Lake Ohau Lodge to OmaramaA tough altitude day lay ahead. We slept well, and enjoyed the cooked breakfast (like we needed it after rib eye and duck confit last night!)
We were second to last to leave, pretty happy not to have the group of Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 28, 2016
- Day 2: Twizel to Lake Ohau lodgeWe woke relaxed, but a bit sore from our first days efforts. We planned a lazy start as today was shorted, a mere 38km in the saddle.
Breakfast of kings in our room -salmon scrambled eggs - was a perfect Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 28, 2016