- Day 11 - 22nd March - Coramandel PeninsulaWe woke to intermittent rain this morning. Paul, the owner of the Motel, had recommended we get to Cathedral Cove early before the crowds. but it seemed less appealing in the drizzle. We decided to cut our losses Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 22, 2014
- Cuddle a Cub at Paradise SpringsAfter waiting for the relentless rains of yesterday to cease, I was quick to spring from my sleeping bag after glimpsing the blue sky through a crack in our campervan curtain. There was no need to prepare the makeshift Posted by CarlaTracy in Carla Tracy | Mar 21, 2014
- Scuba diving in Milford SoundI already mentioned it briefly in the last post, but today I am going to talk a bit more about Milford Sound, one of the most beautiful and famous fjords in New Zealand. Milford Sound (Māori: Piopiotahi) is a fjord Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Mar 21, 2014
- Day 10 - 21st March - Paihia to Coramandel PenninsulaNot too much to report today. It is a driving day - we go from Paihia down to Tairua on the Coromandel peninsula.
Left just before 9:00, and had a 5 hour drive in the sunshine.
Stopped for mid morning Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 21, 2014
- Day 9 - 20th March, Kauri forest and fish + chipsEarly breakfast (7:15 to 8:30 !) on board, and then disembark around 10:00 AM. Raining when we woke up, and overcast as we made harbour, but by the time we got to the car, sunny again.
When we parked Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 21, 2014
- Whangamata to CoromandelAfter checking out of the motel we had a wander around the local marina, very few yachts, most were motor boats set up for some serious fishing. We walked along the beautiful but almost deserted beach before heading north.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 8 - 19th March 2014 - Treaty House/Overnight CruiseWoke up to an overcast sky (geting used to this now) but loaded car up and went to the Treaty House grounds, where the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Waitangi|Treaty of Waitangi]] was signed. THis is frequently referred to as the birthplace of Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 21, 2014
- Swimming with shiny mammals... sort ofFrom Blenheim and the wine region, Kaikoura was our final stop before the return journey to Christchurch.
Kaikoura is located on the east coast and its position and geography means it's pretty darn special. Quite close to shore the seabed drops Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Mar 21, 2014
- Day 153 - 154 Kaikoura
Leaving Hanmer Springs for Kaikoura we were greeted by a grey and wet town. Battling the wind we visited the local Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 7, 18th March - Auckland to PaihiaTime to leave Auckland and dive up North. Breakfast with George and Viv and then Viv drives us through the crazy Auckland morning traffic (OK - a queue for 5 minutes I suppose) to the car rental place (Apex Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 20, 2014
- Taupo to Whangamata One of the joys of staying in a B & B instead of motels is the breakfasts, that's why we don't stay in them all the time, if that makes sense. What a breakfast Ann did for us Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 19, 2014
- Day 6 - 17th March - AucklandAs suspected (based on George's understated "I think you caught a bit of sun Pete" the night before), Pete was sunburnt - red forehead, red neck..... all from standing on a very Welsh-looking hill drinking a couple Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 20, 2014
- Day 5 - 16th March - Kia ora New Zealand!Flight arrives in Auckland around 10:30 ish, and I have had the pleasure of a Brit sitting in the window seat next to me coughing her guts up all night, and laughing out loud at comedy films on the in-flight Posted by phillipsnz in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 20, 2014
- A wike bine tour. Another drop vicar?Reaching Blenheim also meant the last few days of our South Island tour which I felt quite sad about... but there were a couple of gems in the final leg.
Our route took us along a small part of the vast Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Mar 19, 2014
- Turangi to TaupoWe had set aside today to undertake the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, a 20 km walk which is rated as one of the classic day walks in New Zealand, viewing Volcanic scenery in the raw, some say it is the best Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 18, 2014
- Randonnées en Nouvelle-ZélandeJe voulais à l'origine écrire des articles séparés pour chaque grande randonnée que j'ai faite en Nouvelle-Zélande mais avec le retard pris sur le blog je pense qu'il est plus avisé de condenser un petit peu... :)
[center][img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Mar 19, 2014
- This time last year . . .This time last year I had just returned home from New Zealand with a bad case of Contikitis, memories, new friends and a list of songs to download. I spent 20 days exploring the country on Contiki's The Big Tiki, Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Mar 18, 2014
- Wellington to TurangiWe woke to hear on the news that cyclone Lusi had moved south of Wellington during the night, the wind peaking at 130 kt gusts in the Cooke Strait, glad that it had held back for those 12 hours to Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 17, 2014
- Fun sea stuff and being a hobo in NelsonWe rocked up at Marahua, the closest place to Abel Tasman National Park, in the middle of a hot afternoon. Good time to get the smalls washed then.
[i]Campsite l Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Mar 17, 2014
- Blenheim to WellingtonHaving listened to the weather reports about the impending arrival of cyclone Lusi, we wondered what the journey back across Cook Strait was going to be like. When we got up it was a bit windy and drizzly but nothing Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 16, 2014
- Tramping in Hooker ValleyBefore friends and family begin to wonder just what I'm posting here, I'll clarity, in New Zealand hiking is called 'tramping', as you'll see in the pictures. And Hooker Valley, well, it's an awesome valley in the Mount Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 16, 2014
- Getting back on track.Sorry we have not been able to do any blog updates. Wifi was pretty hard to come by on our
travels in Australia. Now in New Zealand and hope to get lots of catch up done. Posted by 2kiwis in Australia, New Zealand 2014 | Mar 16, 2014
- Pre-trip set upHello!
Prior to departure, I'm setting up a way of keeping up communication with the good folks back home.
If you're reading this then obviously you could open the link on the email I sent you about the blog. Try adding Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Mar 15, 2014
- BlenheimThe church bells of Blenheim woke me from my slumbers. I decided that I couldn't have had enough water with my dinner last night, as as I had a terrible thirst. Nick and Pip had a lot planned Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 15, 2014
- Riwaki to BlenheimWe awoke to a beautiful morning in Riwaka and enjoyed our breakfast with fabulous views across the Bay.
A kingfisher from our B&B
Pauline and John were grea Posted by John and Jane in New Zealand 2014 | Mar 14, 2014