- Ebb and Flow
The weather this morning was still cloudy and a little overcast but thankfully better than it had been for the previous couple of days and we could see a little more of the Tongariro p Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 18, 2015
- Come Rain, Come Shine
It was sadly time for us to leave the Tongariro area and drive to Lake Taupo. At 66 miles this was one of our shorter journeys and would only take us about an hour and a half. Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 17, 2015
- Preparing for Take-off
Honeymooning in Malta 2010
I have long been under the impression that my dear mother was the epitome of early preparations. The title has been cast into question recently however, as my belove Posted by 2kiwicompaneros in Viva South America!! | Oct 17, 2015
- Hiking and High Tea
We hadn't got any excursions or anything firm booked, but I was keen to explore the National Park a little more, and hopefully get some more views of the volcanic peaks. The weather fo Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 17, 2015
- Part 1We finally arrived at our new home in Twizel, New Zealand yesterday October 16th after a long week of traveling.
We left Boise October 6th and arrived in Auckland Oct. 8th. For those that need to know, Posted by pyrakc in A year in New Zealand | Oct 17, 2015
- Nature and Landscapes[i][/i]
We were booked in to do a glowworm tour this morning, our sole reason really for coming to Waitomo. We needed to be in the village by about 9:45am so we were able to ha Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 16, 2015
- Re-Store ChristchurchNew Zealand, we have met your most adorable citizen. Her name is Denise. I want to take her home in my pocket.
Gina and I arrived in Christchurch, our last stop in New Zealand, Friday afternoon. We met Denise on Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 16, 2015
Because we had to extend our time in Franz so we could experience the glacier in bright sunshine instead of a shroud of fog, plus we used up a day because we had to go vi Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 13, 2015
- How the World Began (part 2)
I was sad to be leaving Rotorua today. It isn't that the town itself is particularly special, in fact it is a little run down in places. However I really liked the hotel, and the peace an Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 13, 2015
- How the World Began (part 1)
We had booked a trip to one of the geo-thermal areas today but as we didn't need to be there until about 1pm we were able to have another slow start and relax in our apartment for Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 12, 2015
- The night I performed stand-up comedySo every traveler has a bucket list of things they want to achieve while touring around - my number 30 was stand-up comedy. And yes, I do mean actually doing it rather than watching it.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685093/large_941C3 Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 12, 2015
- Why can't we be Franz It is odd to think that three weeks ago we were diving the Great Barrier Reef (and I was getting more sunburned than I ever have been in my adult life) and this morning we strapped on crampons and heavy Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 12, 2015
- A Day Exploring Maori Culture
With three days in Rotorua we felt that we could justify spacing things out a little in order to spend some time 'at home'. This morning this resulted in us getting up late, having b Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 12, 2015
- Road trip #4! - Lake Pukaki, Lake Tekapo and Mt Cook!Finally the time has come that the weather is getting really good and the camping gear is put to use. This time our trip was the longest journey so far stretching to the furthest borders of the Canterbury region. Mount Posted by LVS540 in New-Zealand | Oct 11, 2015
- Waitangi TreatyVandaag een leerzame dag. Vanochtend eerst naar de Farmers Market in Kerikeri, en wat extra boodschappen om onze camper te pimpen. Dus een extra verlengsnoer, een wat grotere pan zodat we makkelijker kunnen koken, en nog wat andere handige zaken.
Daarn Posted by anitavn in Nieuw Zeeland | Oct 10, 2015
- Conquering Volcanoes....2On a sunny afternoon (Aug 16, 2015) my friend Chris and I thought it would basically be ILLEGAL not to enjoy the sunshine and so set out for a random little drive around Auckland.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685093/large_90_IMG_7130. Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 11, 2015
- Being Xena Warrior Princess (kinda)So I'm lucky enough to have friends in Auckland. And even luckier to have one who has a car. (Thanks Chris).
So on August 10, a random day where we were both not really up to much, we headed off Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 10, 2015
- Conquering Volcanoes....1So at the moment I'm living on a big mound of bubbling hot liquid death.
Yep, when I flew to New Zealand just a few weeks ago, I knew it was made of LOTS of volcanoes and yet still came Posted by emmaabroad in New Zealand | Oct 10, 2015
- In Hot Water!
Although our time in Tauranga has been fine, and we had an amazing breakfast this morning, I was looking forward to moving on. It is one of the few places on our trip that I probably wou Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 9, 2015
- Rest and Relaxation in the 'City'
We went for a continental breakfast this morning as there was a great spread of breads, meat, fruit and toast as well as the offer of a cooked breakfast. I had been feeling a bit miffe Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 8, 2015
- AucklandHet tijdverschil wordt verwarrend zeker als je een blog schrijft, gisteren en vandaag lopen erg in elkaar over. Gisteravond dus met wat vertraging uit Hongkong vertrokken, en vanmiddag om 13 uur in Auckland. En dan moet je op je arrival Posted by anitavn in Nieuw Zeeland | Oct 7, 2015
- Not Everthing that is Gold Glistens!
It is time to move on again today; we are leaving Tairua and going to Tauranga, just under 80 miles further south. One of the things we had wanted to do whilst we were in Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 7, 2015
- A Tour Round the Coromandel
We only really had one day in the Coromandel so I wanted to make the most of it. We had seen a leaflet for a boat tour that departed from Hahei beach which was about half an Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 7, 2015
- My heart is filled with Lavender Honey
I've raved about these bus passes already, but I'm going to do it for another few minutes. They make traveling New Zealand quite easy and enjoyable. And the drivers tell you interesting stuff along the way, as well as make Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Oct 7, 2015
- 2014 - East Cape of New Zealand
Friday 27 December
A long driving day starting in Whangarei via Auckland (to pick up rest of the camping stuff from home), south to Ohinemai and a cross country jaunt to Tahuna i Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Jan 2, 2014