- Windy WellingtonGung Hey Fat Choy to everyone!
The drive to Wellington would take a little over 5 hours, so I left Taupo at 8:30 am. Some parts of the motorway was pretty windy and dangerous. It was slow because of Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 22, 2015
- Bungy jumpThat got you going, didn't it! No, we didn't!
Queenstown appears to be the thrill centre of New Zealand. If you want to throw yourself off a high bridge or a mountain with your legs tied together, you Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 22, 2015
- Kiwi Christmas and New Year 2014Sorry for such a delay since our last post , we've had to move house again so we've been pretty busy (that's twice in the last three months!). All settled in a flat of our own now though which is Posted by martyandfranc in Marty and Franc in NZ | Feb 21, 2015
- Feb. 19 - AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND (DAY 1)
The Auckland skyline - the "City of Sails". Don't even try to figure out what day this is!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/DD1AC2B70AC88FE0895BC0110B Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 21, 2015
- The Breaking of the FellowshipSaturday was the last day on the bus sightseeing with the entire group. It was a good one with 5 film locations!
First we stopped at the old mining town of Arrowrown to pick up jewelry orders and do some shopping. Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 21, 2015
Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand but has a population of just over 400,000 people, compared to Auckland which has over a million. However, it has as many cafes, bars, restaurants and activities as you would expect in Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 21, 2015
- PanoramaWe set off today from Dunedin for Queenstown. The first part of the journey was rather unexciting but, as we ventured further West, the scenery gradually changed and became more dramatic. Much of the route was swept up Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 21, 2015
- Rohan, Ghosts, Zombies, and FoodHow is it Friday of our 2nd week already?! In the morning we headed south back to another Rohan location at The Old Moa Creek Gold Mining Ghost Town. The brochure advertises that it is good for weddings, reunions, and Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 20, 2015
- A question of degreeI have good news and bad news. The good news is that we didn't get blown up last night. The bad news is that you've got to put up with more of this!
We started today not feeling hopeful Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 20, 2015
- Feb. 18 - PAHIA, BAY OF ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND
Our revised itinerary (skipping Rarotonga due to sea conditions for the tenders) put us in Pahia in the beautiful Bay of Islands on the North Island of New Zealand. It Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 19, 2015
- From Rohan to Gondor to CromwellIt's hard to beat the awesomeness of hiking Edoras, but we had a very fun day on Thursday. The day started with a trip to the site of Pelennor Fields, which is on a privately owned sheep farm in Twizel. Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 19, 2015
- Boul(der)ed overA looooong and mostly uninteresting drive today to Dunedin. The journey was over 250 miles and, given that the maximum speed limit over here is 62mph, it took hours!!
The one highlight was at Moeraki, which in Maori means a Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 19, 2015
- AwesomeThe true sense of the word awesome implies a kind of paralysis before a superior being or unprecedented event. The word has been over-used for some time and has therefore lost its original power. I have, however, come to accept Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 18, 2015
- Scenic OverloadUp early (5:30 early ugh) on Wednesday for a big day! We climbed to Edoras (or to the top of Mt. Sunday for all you common folk). After a bit of a drive, and grabbing a picnic lunch, we found Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 18, 2015
- Bike, boat and bonkersThe day started with a slight disappointment. We went to book an evening tour to see penguins in their natural habitat but were told that the tour was being cancelled due to insufficient numbers of penguins at this time Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 18, 2015
- Week one is done.....Wow! Time sure flies when you're having fun. I've had so many people tell me that my trip will be over before I know it, didn't believe them. Next Sunday is my half marathon day. I have not Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 17, 2015
- East Coast StyleToday was a travel day as we went 4 hours down the east coast to Christchurch. The views were lovely the whole trip as we followed the ocean. We made stops for:
* second breakfast at a cute cafe
* New Zealand Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 17, 2015
- AkaroaI am amazed that anyone is still reading this stuff!!
A long journey South today, with few opportunities to stop, but lovely views most of the way. We set off from Kaikoura and saw some more seals and birds along Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 16, 2015
- A great visit to New ZealandThis is our last full day in New Zealand. We needed to drive from Coromandel Town to Auckland around the Firth of Thames, a bay on the west side of the Coromandel Peninsula. The drive in the early stages was Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Feb 16, 2015
- Through the Misty MountainsSo much sightseeing today! We started the day bright and early with a helicopter ride from the company who helped find some shooting sites for the LOTR movies and also brought the main hobbit actors up for the 10 days Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 16, 2015
- Seal of approval After having a quick look round Blenheim this morning, we headed South for Kaikoura, which means "meal of crayfish". We were told to expect lovely views, especially once the road goes alongside the sea. Indeed, the sea was Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 16, 2015
- Cathedral Cove and Kauri treesThis morning we were determined to drive to Cathedral Cove and find a parking spot so we could do the 45 minute one way walk to Cathedral Cove. We set out on Highway 25 and stopped at an overlook Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Feb 15, 2015
- Hello South Island!Up super early Sunday morning to get on the ferry from the North Island to the South Island! It was rainy at first, but cleared up by the middle of our 3.5 hour ride. Beautiful views once we passed into Posted by laynabayna in You Can't Get to Mordor From Here | Feb 15, 2015
- The Sea, the Sea!
The sea around South Island is beautiful and wild. It is not a playground as it is in Australia. We saw very few people swimming, surfing or boating in the sea apart from a few 'swimming' with the Dolphins. People Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Feb 15, 2015
- The Centre of New ZealandWe started the day joining Helen at the morning communion service at Nelson Cathedral. That may sound a bit stuffy but it wasn't at all. Formal, yes, but enjoyable nonetheless. I took the opportunity on the way Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Feb 15, 2015