- HAAST to FRANZ JOSEF 26th MARCH 2016
We left Haast today in overcast conditions - a lot better than expected - we are on the West Coast of the South Island after all.
Our first stop was the Knights Point Looko Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 26, 2016
- DUNEDIN to HAAST - 25th MARCH 2016We had it all today - Rocky Mountains, Lakes, War Planes at the Wanaka War Birds air show and a stunning Waterfall
An early start saw us leaving at 8:00am on the road and out of Dunedin. Very Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 25, 2016
- More drivingOn a day when pretty much everything is shut, it was fitting we had 377km to drive, oh, and one special pop-in.
A lazy holiday sleep-in was first. Then a fry up for breakkie at our backpackers. After a stressful week Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 24, 2016
- EscapingA new adventure! This time in New Zealand. We decided to turn the Easter break into a 10 day south island adventure.
Today was the manic start. Work lke crazy, then home to pack the car. This was no mean feat Posted by kkoopmanschap in Alps2ocean | Mar 24, 2016
- INVERCARGILL to DUNEDIN - 23rd MARCH 2016Continuing our tour on the Southern South Island we headed to The Catlins.
There are so many sheep its easy to understand where all the "sheep" jokes come from.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 23, 2016
- TE ANAU to INVERCARGILL - 22nd MARCH 2016Leaving this morning we rode through lovely open country similar to Australia which reminded us of the Western District of Victoria.
First stop was the Clifden Bridge, 111.5 above the Waiau River. New Zealand's longest at time it was built in Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 22, 2016
- TE ANAU - 21st MARCH 2016In the last 3 days Milford has received 495mm of Rain Fall - that is a huge amount of water.
For us that meant spectacular Water Falls on Milford Sound.
A "sound" is actually incorrect terminology.
Milford is a Fiord which is a Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 22, 2016
- WANAKA to TE ANAU : 20th MarchWe left Wanaka this morning heading for Te Anau. With great pleasure we rode through the Crown Range Road with hardly any traffic - great riding.
First stop was at Kingston to check if the Kingston Flier is still running Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 19, 2016
- North of South Island, NZ==Picton to Abel Tasman National Park Roadtrip==
Early in the morning we started our drive to Abel Tasman National Park, choosing the more scenic route via Queen Charlotte Drive instead of the Highway. Slow road, but many nice views and for Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Mar 19, 2016
- WANAKA - 19th MARCH 2016First thing today was a big "riders meeting" regarding our next few days. The weather is looking a bit ominous but we have decided to stick to our original plan. If we change we are sure to cop the Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 19, 2016
- TWIZEL to WANAKA - 18th MARCHFirst stop today was on the side of Lake Pukaki - stunning in the morning light.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/IMG_8041__1024x683_.jpg capti Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 18, 2016
- CHRISTCHURCH to TWIZEL - 16th MARCH to 18th MARCH 2016We started planning this trip with Harold and Jo Read about 6 months ago, the time has flown by and we were at the Port Macquarie airport bright and early Tuesday morning.
We arrived in Christchurch just in time to Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around New Zealand | Mar 18, 2016
- Best of North Island, NZ==Auckland==
We spent one day walking all around town.
[img=h Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Mar 16, 2016
- Getting readyLots of questions on what to take and what not to. Researching average temperatures in the places we will be visiting indicates that we need to be prepared for NZ winter and summer clothing. We were hoping to Posted by Our bucket list in Munro's 2016 Cruise | Mar 13, 2016
- Part 4
Part of my job in Twizel includes doing emergency/first responder call. I can get called to local car accidents or to patient homes pending the medical problem and acuity. In these situations, you get to know the Posted by pyrakc in A year in New Zealand | Mar 12, 2016
- The blog is live!!!We are at the end of the trip in New Zealand, and we found a few hours to set up the blog.
But that's it - cause now we are heading off to see some whales in Kaikoura! :) Hopefully...
We Posted by Catta and Buggi in World Trip 2016 | Mar 7, 2016
- New trip - New blogSo much to do, so little time to do it. Plane tickets all over the Americas, accommodation, transport, and things to do.
Here is a summary of the things I'm planning so far:
1. Roadtri Posted by huzka in Monkey Adventures in the Americas | Mar 6, 2016
Time to fly the friendly skies again. Destination Wellington, the capital of our closest neighbours, New Zealand. I hopped over last weekend for a bit of a reunion with some Vodkatrain comrades. Also, it was a final trip for those Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Mar 5, 2016
- My First Car/First Time Couchsurfing! (Sorry Mom/Aunty...)Before I get started, a quick blog update. I added a map at the top of the page. This will be on every blog entry from now on. For those who enjoy looking at maps as much as I do, Posted by klorenzooo in Kristian Round the World | Mar 2, 2016
- "Back to Black"Fabulous country, we loved it. One month was not long enough, you need at least 3 months to give it justice. There is so much to see. Fabulous diverse scenery , it reminded us of the Scottish Highlands at times Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 29, 2016
- "Like a limestone cowboy"....( I know, I know!)We left the next morning for the long drive to Akaroa. However on the way and about only one mile from where we were staying were the Moeraki Boulders. These are a geological phenomenon whereby the sediment layers layer Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 26, 2016
- New Zealand Cheesy SummaryFavourite town/city
Rob - Wanaka
Sarah - Queenstown
Rob - Kaiteriteri
Sarah - Wellington
Rob - Lake Mahinapua Hotel
Sarah - Flying Kiwi (Wanaka)
Rob Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 25, 2016
- New Zealand – Tourism RulesIf it weren’t for the throngs of foreign tourists in buses, R.V.s, campers and rental cars most of New Zealand’s narrow winding roads, (with their ubiquitous single lane bridges), would be left to the great herds of cattle and sheep… Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 25, 2016
- North IslandSo it has all been decided. I am moving to Hobbiton, and becoming Sarah the cheesemaking Hobbit. The focus of the rest of the trip will be growing my feet to full Hobbit size so I can be accepted.... but Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Feb 24, 2016
- Hippies, Heights and HindrancesSoo, it's been a while... We've been busy! Allow me to explain what we've been up to :)
After a couple of weeks of living at a friend's place (with the Polydactyl cat - see pictures!) while Scott was doing some Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Feb 23, 2016