- Lake TaupoIt was the 12[sup]th[/sup] of May. In only one week I'd be leaving New Zealand. I didn't comprehend yet what that meant. It meant, that my world trip was almost over. It meant, I'd leave Aotearoa and have only week Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 13, 2015
- Rotorua Aotearoa is a unique country in many different ways. Both halves are special in their own way and offer an amazing experience for anyone. While the North tends to be mostly warm and muggy, the further south you go, the Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 12, 2015
- WaitomoLeaving Hot Water Beach behind us, we rose early for a stop at the Karangahake Scenic Reserve. Our driver directed us around the stunning bush-clad gorge. Walking over two swing bridges, we could feel the old gold mining history of Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 11, 2015
- Hot Water BeachAfter we left New Zealand's largest city, we headed eastward and my adventure on the North Island began.
The first hours on the bus was all about getting to know the new fellow travelers. A new group and new friends Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 10, 2015
- South to NorthTime flew by working in construction. I enjoyed the routine of getting up early, going to site, driving to the gym and hanging out with the other guys in the self-made hostel. Before I knew, I checked the calendar and Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 9, 2015
- Europe RevisitedAfter a severely shortened trip in February due to me carelessly breaking my leg in Italy, we are off again to get it right this time!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/90_20160830_D..ion_ExWelly.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary Tour - The Sequel | Aug 29, 2016
- Back in NZWe left Australia on 26th August and have returned to New Zealand. There's a huge chunk of this blog missing but we'll come back and sort that out at a later date! We've updated our Australia travel map to include Posted by TashandTim in Tash and Tim's Travels | Aug 28, 2016
- The Issue with the MoneyIn Christchurch it would all be decided. There, where I began my adventure in Aotearoa I just had to find a job.
For my upcoming plan, to go and travel around the North Island there simply wasn't enough money in Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 7, 2015
- Stay and Work or Go On?My Deep South trip and the good times with the small group we were were now over. We arrived back in Queenstown where I stayed in a different hostel this time. From my visit at Lake Wanaka a bunch of Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 31, 2015
- Caravan Diaries Part VIII am ashamed at the way I have neglected this space: since I have some more travels coming up, I am going to try to get things a bit more up to date. When I last wrote, I had just Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Aug 25, 2016
- Exploring New Zealands Deep South & Milford Sound Forgetting my worries about money for a while, I got on the bus which would take us around the most southern parts of New Zealand - called Deep South. This 3-day trip took us over Dunedin, Catlins , Invercargill, and Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 28, 2015
- Sometimes you just knowHave you ever had a strong intuition? Just a gut feeling? It happened to me yesterday night, while driving home in the dark. "Be careful!" it said, so I drove slower than normal. Two headlights were heading toward me but Posted by KiwiChocoTrip in KiwiChocoTrip | Aug 13, 2016
- DetourAnyone who travels a good amount will tell you that being a smart traveler takes planning, research, and adaptability. As those of you who have followed me on previous adventures know, my trips usually involve countries where English is not Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Oct 29, 2015
- Learn to FlyWe arrived in Auckland around 1 AM on Monday morning and made our way down the desolate highway to the Rendezvous Hotel in the center of the city. The purpose of this stop of the trip was to cross of Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Oct 21, 2015
- Part 5The last few months in New Zealand have been busy. I have learned that for me to keep a blog, I have to take notes or I get stressed over remembering details and making time to write. This Posted by pyrakc in A year in New Zealand | Jul 23, 2016
- Getting close now!Just over 6 weeks until I leave!! Getting exciting now!!! Posted by Julie's blog in Julie's Travel Blog | Jul 21, 2016
- Musings in Feb in NZ2.24.2016
I feel like I might just fall of the edge of the earth down here in very functional, kind New Zealand. This week is a calm, slow, recovering week for us. That’s nice but I am looking forward Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | Jul 17, 2016
It struck me just how lucky we all are to have each other, to have such rich circles of friends and love in our lives - no matter the distance, despite the busy days (months/years!), despite what we are told Posted by Jennie-Bradley in Sabbatical 2015/16 | Jul 17, 2016
- QueenstownWe left Wanaka behind us and head to Queenstown. Making our way around Lake Dunstan, we grabbed some lunch and bound for the Kawarau Gorge. There, the scenery transformed into rugged rocky terrain. Early in the days, this posed Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 25, 2015
- Lake WanakaThe morning started early in order to catch the so-called golden light. We left Franz Josef village and looked back and at a picturesque scene, snow-capped mountain ranges with the highest mountain of NZ, Mount Cook, crowning in the midst Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 23, 2015
- Franz JosefAfter the awesome costume party at the Lake Mahinapua hostel, our group went to the next destination on the West Coast. Before we arrived at Franz Josef village which is located in Westland National Park though, we went to Okarito. Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 22, 2015
- Lake MahinapuaThe next day we headed off to Lake Mahinapua. Before, other travelers who have already been there told us that it has some crazy parties going on and each has its own theme. So we were pretty pumped for it! Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 20, 2015
- Work Work Work Work Work (and some play)Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this blog... Let me bring you all up to speed. Though, to be honest, not much has happened these past 4 months.
My previous post ended with me buying a car, road Posted by klorenzooo in Kristian Round the World | Jun 25, 2016
- Pardon the ComparisonsPardon the comparisons with the last trip, but my mind is quite stuck on them. This is such a different feeling that our journey four years ago. So many things are different, which I’m sure I’ll write about over time, Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Another Circular Family Adventure | Mar 22, 2016
- Traveller InitiationI'm now in Auckland awaiting the start of my bus tour which starts tomorrow morning at 7am, I am not suffering from jetlag as far as I know unless it means that I'm continuously unaware what time it is. Posted by thehangrygames in Aggressive Adventuring | Jun 8, 2016