Blog Entries tagged 'New_Zealand'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'New_Zealand'
- The Edge of the World
Driving along the southern coast of the South Island of New Zealand, we encountered some sheep and helped herd them with our car!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC29152 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 25, 2014
- It may not have felt like Christmas...Situated between the beach (Tasman Sea) and the rainforest (Paparoa National Park) we celebrated Christmas Day by going for a walk in the rain.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC2 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 2, 2014
- An afternoon on the water in Abel TasmanStep 1. Get in the water taxi boat to get a ride up the coast.
Step 2. Have the water taxi boat pulled to the water's edge behind a Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 26, 2014
- From seals to lavender to whales, Kaikoura has it all!
Way back in December, we started the day with a coastal walk that lead us down to the beach and a seal colony of about 55 seals just chillin' on the beach. There were no fences Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 22, 2014
- New Zealand vs the WorldMostly just wanted to share this image, because maps are cool and no one knows the size comparison between the USA and New Zealand.
Found this image here on this [[http://www.dejal.com/blo Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 5, 2014
- 1554km and 6 Days of AdventureOur route covered 1554km.
Well we drove straight through the North Island the first day. 8 hours of driving through beautiful countryside, past snow-capped mountains, Mordor, and Tongariro Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Dec 13, 2013
- It's All Part of the Adventure!
After a slight hitch at the airport (turns out you need a flight out of New Zealand before you can fly into New Zealand) we made it safely to Auckland (North Island) an Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Dec 11, 2013
- AucklandOur final couple of days in New Zealand were spent in the countries largest and most populous city, Auckland, housing 32% of the countries population. The city's residents seemingly have a similar reputation to Londoners, New Yorkers or any other Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 6, 2013
- Waitomo Glow Worm Caves==Wetsuit up==
There is honestly nothing quite as lovely as climbing into a cold wet wetsuit to start your day. But there's no room for complaining here, ahead lies adventure! We're going caving and canyoning and tubing all rolled Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 2, 2013
- Meet the Maori[float=right][/float]
When most people think of New Zealand, they don't think of it as having an indigenous people, they certainly wouldn't think of it having a second language. Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 30, 2013
- Taupo and Rotorua[center][/center]
Driving north through north island there is a noticeable difference in the landscape we had become accustomed to in south island. The dramatic mountains had been rep Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 29, 2013
Just North of Wellington and West of Palmerston North is the Town of Bulls, home to a large agricultural and dairy community. It if often said "New Zealand gets its milk from Bulls". Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 24, 2013
- Wellington==Te Papa==
Arriving in Wellington after a [[http://whereswilly.travellerspoint.com/21/|disastrous crossing]], I couldn't be more pleased to be on stable ground. After kissing the earth hello and making it promise me that it would never leave me again, Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 21, 2013
- New Zealand and the Cook Strait==Aotearoa==
Throughout New Zealand, I really enjoyed hearing the Maori legends that form the basis of their understanding of the geography of the land, their beliefs culture and a Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 20, 2013
- Nelson and MarlboroughKia Ora! We're now in Auckland and ready to leave back to Melbourne tomorrow. We've been really busy and unfortunately fallen a bit behind with the blog. The good news is, that means there is plenty coming Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 14, 2013
- Working Holiday Visa New ZealandHi everyone,
My boyfriend and I are thinking about going on a working holiday to NZ from Ireland around December this year. We have done A LOT of research and still can't decide where to go. We want somewhere hot, with Posted by Ashleigh3210 in Working Holiday Visa New Zealand | Mar 22, 2013
- An unplanned trip, NZ#2. Driving to Tongariro NP.I must ashamedly admit that I knew nothing about North Island, New Zealand. I knew for sure about a week before I flew that I couldn't reach my friend, yet I was very busy and didn't have time to get Posted by Free Range Soul in A traveller with camera | Feb 19, 2013
- An unplanned trip, NZ, the most exciting journal in my life1This trip was actually a side track trip from my friends' wedding in Tauranga.
I ended up did 3 days solo road trip with no plan.
It started when my friends had asked me to be their wedding photographer.
Wedding photography is Posted by Free Range Soul in A traveller with camera | Feb 17, 2013
- I so love this chocolate-y KIWI Posted by carpet cleaning in It's All About KIWI | Feb 10, 2013
- New Zealand, South Island - Part 2Missing Videos from New Zealand Part 1, and Las Vegas have been uploaded!
De video’s van de vorige delen staan er eindelijk op.
English Version is in Italics
Dutch Version is in normal type
[i]Picking up where we left o Posted by Jen-Tony in Jen and Tony around the world | Nov 7, 2012
- New Zealand - AucklandI am reporting to you live from Auckland. Folks, we are receiving what some would argue is a fairly rudimentary response from the Aotearoa (the land of the long white cloud). It’s raining. Pretty much consistently for the week that Posted by StufromSydney in Stu vs. World | Jan 6, 2012
- Hitchhiking in NZ
Many people would hesitate but eventually find an excuse to not stop when they see a hitchhiker alongside the road. The car is full.. Oh it’s too late now… or the most honest re Posted by tinelhoest in Sustainable Travel | Jul 3, 2012
- “Aotearoa – The land of the long white cloud : Unplugged”Out of our 6.5 months in NZ, we spent about 4 over the summer on the South island enjoying the beautiful scenery and doing some tramping (= trekking + camping = hiking). The last 2.5 were spent discovering the North Posted by tinelhoest in Sustainable Travel | Jul 3, 2012
- A Fortunate Chain of EventsI wasn’t prepared to leave my job in Hahei, even if hours were drying up considerably, if I didn’t have anything else to go to, so this a short story about how meeting a few new people can lead to Posted by mattcox3 in Time Stops | Apr 3, 2012
- New Zealand – WaitomoWaitomo sits in a limestone area of the North Island which is riddled with more holes than a block of swiss cheese. The soft limestone has been eroded away by millions of years of rain seeping into some incredibly vast Posted by dbgomes in There and Back... And There Again | Mar 27, 2012