Blog Entries tagged 'New_Zealand'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'New_Zealand'
- The Ancient Kauri Tree
We had nowhere pressing to go today so we decided to have a relaxing morning at the lodge, catching up with bookings, emails and this blog. We had considered going out on the bikes prov Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 2, 2015
- Culture and Nature Combined
We were on the move again today, travelling west and southwards to our next port of call. There were a couple of sights near to Paihia that we hadn't yet seen and I was keen to visit Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 2, 2015
- Exploring the Northland
Having had a pretty busy day yesterday we wanted to have a slightly more relaxing time today, and as if to prove the point Helen came over to service our room at about 10ish to find us Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 1, 2015
- Where the Ocean meets the Sea
Having had a long journey yesterday the thought of a full day on a coach didn't initially fill us with joy as it meant being up and out of our accommodation before 7am. However we had a Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Oct 1, 2015
- Taking the Road North (again)
It was time to move on again and so we put our packing routine into action. This has now become a well rehearsed activity. Any clothes still out back in packing cubes (these have turn Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 30, 2015
- Perspectives on Auckland
A good nights sleep did wonders for our morale and we woke up really looking forward to our day in Auckland. One of the things that I was hoping we might be able to do was Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 30, 2015
- Introduction to New Zealand
It was sad to have to leave Australia today, although it was exciting to be travelling to New Zealand. We had to leave the hotel just before 9am in order to make the short drive to Cairns Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 28, 2015
- 30th Birthday Solo Round the World (RTW) Trip===Casualties===
Item: Khaki cargo pants (1)
Cause of Death: Turtle cage
Place of Rest: Ecuador
Item: Lightning-to-SD Card iPad adapter cord (1)
Cause of Death: Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Jul 10, 2015
- Things I Want to Remember: New Zealand[i]- Devonport, walking around on volcanic rock, seeing the kids point out the crabs in the small tide pools
- beer fridge in the local wine & beer shop, picking out some local beers that sounded good based on advice from Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Jul 5, 2015
- New Zealand: Auckland to Wellington [center]
10/3/14 at 1759 (Bangkok time)
First time on a Qantas flight . . . dreams do come true.
I feel so safe . . .
10/3/14 at 1940 [i](Bangkok Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Jul 5, 2015
- First overseas trip!As mentioned above, I'm off to New Zealand for my first time overseas! I'll be there for three weeks, spending some time with my fiance's family and exploring parts of the North Island, and then after what will surely be Posted by kyle.krystal in Round The World | Jul 4, 2015
- Otago, NZClouds and mist, and looming snow-covered mountains on all sides. A dangerous recipe for most, though the local pilot notes no concern.
Another tour of one sees my coach wend through the switchbacks from one lakeside town to another. My Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 19, 2015
- Auckland, NZThe landing was dark.
After flying 14,000kms my pilot had landed ahead of schedule and delivered me to Auckland at 4:30am.
As the Kiwi's slept, Google Fit stated that by breakfast my daily requirement was complete - University of Auckland Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | Apr 19, 2015
- Have you ever sung to a dolphin through a snorkel?Kaikoura has an abundance of sea life just off the coast, and there's lots of opportunities to view them or even get up close and personal! Last time I was in [[http://postcardfromtheheart.travellerspoint.com/18/|Kaikoura]] I went whale watching, wanderi Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 11, 2015
- Road Trip through Middle Earth==South Island==
===Day 1 - Kaikoura===
Kaikoura sunrise & wild dolphin swim
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/10809012_1.._54524922_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506 Posted by Cindy_bb in New Zealand | Jan 1, 2015
- Facial Fractures, Internal Brain Bleeds and a Nose JobIt's about time that I filled you all in on exactly what happened to me on Monday the 23rd of June, and my progress since.
It was day 4 at Cardies (Cardrona ski resort). The back bowl finally opened resulting in Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Aug 2, 2014
- Highlights from up North in New Zealand This is the story of cool things we did while being up north on the North Island in New Zealand. To be excact this is what we did after arriving in Auckland and travelling north.
Wh Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Jul 9, 2014
- Numbers of TravelWith my travelling partner headed back to the other side of the world we started looking back at our trip and reminiscing. I've always had a thing for numbers, so why not look at some numbers of the trip Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | May 5, 2014
- Our Final Week of Travels Spent in New Zealand!
We arrived in New Zealand's North Island after two exceptional weeks of camping travels in the South Island. After picking up our new (very big, very fast!) car rental in Wellington, Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Last Stop: New Zealand! Week One in This Amazing Country...
So we're now in New Zealand! Our flight from Fiji landed us in Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island, where we were met with RAIN - and you don't know how pleased we were! After Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- New Zealand Wrap-up This is a miscellaneous collection of pictures and maybe brief stories from the North Island that didn't fit anywhere else.
While in Hawke's Bay we drove up to the lookout and there we Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 10, 2014
- The RockFirst, a quick story before the story.
Our day started when we woke up and realized that our car wouldn't start. Uh oh. After awhile, we determined that the battery was dead because a light was left on. Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 6, 2014
- Lord of the Rings in NZLord of the Rings settings: If you're not into the movies or books, you can skip this post :)
Since the entirety of the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed in New Zealand, there's a lot of places you Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 2, 2014
- To Summarise
It would seem incomplete to not finish this blog off with a final post with travel musings. Hopefully it won't turn into a 'on my gap yah' load of dribble. We could have offered advice on Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Apr 2, 2014
- A Hobbit's TaleOf course traveling through New Zealand is like traveling through the Lord of the Rings set. You might just happen to drive by Mount Doom and through the Misty Mountains on an ordinary day. But, for an extraordinary Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 30, 2014