Blog Entries tagged 'New_Zealand'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'New_Zealand'
- Our Final Week of Travels Spent in New Zealand!
We arrived in New Zealand's North Island after two exceptional weeks of camping travels in the South Island. After picking up our new (very big, very fast!) car rental in Wellington, Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- Last Stop: New Zealand! Week One in This Amazing Country...
So we're now in New Zealand! Our flight from Fiji landed us in Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island, where we were met with RAIN - and you don't know how pleased we were! After Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Apr 19, 2014
- New Zealand Wrap-up This is a miscellaneous collection of pictures and maybe brief stories from the North Island that didn't fit anywhere else.
While in Hawke's Bay we drove up to the lookout and there we Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 10, 2014
- The RockFirst, a quick story before the story.
Our day started when we woke up and realized that our car wouldn't start. Uh oh. After awhile, we determined that the battery was dead because a light was left on. Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 6, 2014
- Lord of the Rings in NZLord of the Rings settings: If you're not into the movies or books, you can skip this post :)
Since the entirety of the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed in New Zealand, there's a lot of places you Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Apr 2, 2014
- To Summarise
It would seem incomplete to not finish this blog off with a final post with travel musings. Hopefully it won't turn into a 'on my gap yah' load of dribble. We could have offered advice on Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Apr 2, 2014
- A Hobbit's TaleOf course traveling through New Zealand is like traveling through the Lord of the Rings set. You might just happen to drive by Mount Doom and through the Misty Mountains on an ordinary day. But, for an extraordinary Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 30, 2014
- FearlessWhat shall we do in Taupo? We wondered as we drove into town. Lake Taupo is roughly the same size as Singapore...if anyone knows how big Singapore is. Upon checking in at the hostel we noticed a sign Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 26, 2014
- Kia Ora & Welcome
The town of Rotorua is the place to go for a Maori culture performance. We decided to go to the [[http://www.mitai.co.nz/|Mitai Village]] where we got to take a walk through the native bu Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 23, 2014
- This time last year . . .This time last year I had just returned home from New Zealand with a bad case of Contikitis, memories, new friends and a list of songs to download. I spent 20 days exploring the country on Contiki's The Big Tiki, Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Mar 18, 2014
- Tramping in Hooker ValleyBefore friends and family begin to wonder just what I'm posting here, I'll clarity, in New Zealand hiking is called 'tramping', as you'll see in the pictures. And Hooker Valley, well, it's an awesome valley in the Mount Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 16, 2014
- Day 152 - 154 Greymouth, Lewis Pass & Hanmer Springs
We woke up in Hokitika and reviewed what we had planned for the next few days. We realised that although Arthur's Pass was recommended to us and, by guidebook page space, would be more s Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 149 - 151 Mt Cook, Wanaka & Hokitika
View of Mt Cook from Peters Lookout
The view of Mt Cook from the holiday park when we arrived in the evening w Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 13, 2014
- 9' of AwesomeFirst stop, sea lion beach...
At first there were none, and we had limited time before our next tour, so we were giving up hope and turning back, when all of a sudden we see...
[img=ht Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 11, 2014
- Penguins. Times two.What are we doing this afternoon we wondered as we headed into town...after a quick stop at the information center, we'd decided and booked a penguin tour!
We drove out to the Otago Peninsula, on a very narrow winding road, Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Mar 9, 2014
- The Edge of the World
Driving along the southern coast of the South Island of New Zealand, we encountered some sheep and helped herd them with our car!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC29152 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 25, 2014
- It may not have felt like Christmas...Situated between the beach (Tasman Sea) and the rainforest (Paparoa National Park) we celebrated Christmas Day by going for a walk in the rain.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614705/PC2 Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Feb 2, 2014
- An afternoon on the water in Abel TasmanStep 1. Get in the water taxi boat to get a ride up the coast.
Step 2. Have the water taxi boat pulled to the water's edge behind a Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 26, 2014
- From seals to lavender to whales, Kaikoura has it all!
Way back in December, we started the day with a coastal walk that lead us down to the beach and a seal colony of about 55 seals just chillin' on the beach. There were no fences Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 22, 2014
- New Zealand vs the WorldMostly just wanted to share this image, because maps are cool and no one knows the size comparison between the USA and New Zealand.
Found this image here on this [[http://www.dejal.com/blo Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jan 5, 2014
- 1554km and 6 Days of AdventureOur route covered 1554km.
Well we drove straight through the North Island the first day. 8 hours of driving through beautiful countryside, past snow-capped mountains, Mordor, and Tongariro Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Dec 13, 2013
- It's All Part of the Adventure!
After a slight hitch at the airport (turns out you need a flight out of New Zealand before you can fly into New Zealand) we made it safely to Auckland (North Island) an Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Dec 11, 2013
- AucklandOur final couple of days in New Zealand were spent in the countries largest and most populous city, Auckland, housing 32% of the countries population. The city's residents seemingly have a similar reputation to Londoners, New Yorkers or any other Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 6, 2013
- Waitomo Glow Worm Caves==Wetsuit up==
There is honestly nothing quite as lovely as climbing into a cold wet wetsuit to start your day. But there's no room for complaining here, ahead lies adventure! We're going caving and canyoning and tubing all rolled Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 2, 2013
- Meet the Maori[float=right][/float]
When most people think of New Zealand, they don't think of it as having an indigenous people, they certainly wouldn't think of it having a second language. Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | May 30, 2013