- Trespassing in Nicaragua Posted by paigejohn in Á ràng buộc | Jun 19, 2015
- La victoria o la muerteWe spent the rest of our time in Nicaragua in and around Granada, basing ourselves at the Hotel con Córazon (Hotel with a Heart), which invests 100% of its profits in local education projects. With several days here, we really Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | Jun 12, 2015
- Ometepe: La Isla BonitaFrom wonderful Granada to a place far out of our comfort zone…
We caught a taxi to San Jorge, where we took a ferry over to Isla de Ometepe, in the middle of Lago Nicaragua, the largest freshwater lake in Central Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | May 27, 2015
- Toto... we're not in West Wickham anymoreWe've been in Nicaragua for a week now. We landed in Managua, the capital, a hot and dusty sprawling mess of concrete, the main part of the city having been destroyed in an earthquake in 1972. Everything we'd heard beforehand Posted by Clammy Clemmies in A Tale of Two Months | May 27, 2015
- Kayaking and whiling away the hours on Omitepe I was so right about lack of sleep last night, noises included mooing cows, something that sounded like a pig but was actually a calf trying to moo, geckos clicking - that's the funniest sound ever and they make a Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 9, 2015
- The chicken bus to Lake OmitepeGranada to Lake Omitepe
I was wide awake at 5.30 this morning, every move I made seemed to be really noisy, I didn't want to wake Anne so I went down to the pool to upload some photos to good old Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 8, 2015
- Pottery and volcanos in Granada, NicaraguaMonday (I was convinced today was Tuesday!!)
It's a bit more culture for us today with a guided tour of Granada. Breakfast is In the snack bar at the hotel, I go for the healthy one - a huge bowl Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 6, 2015
- Leon, NicaraguaSunday
The lovely hotel in Leon provided breakfast which was a nice change, we each got a tray with scrambled eggs on, a couple of slices of toast (although it wasn't a toasty colour, more like warm, slightly hard bread), watermelon, Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 6, 2015
- It's my birthdaaaaaaaay! It's my birthdaaaaaaaay!
A cockerel woke me up this morning at 5.30. But I didn't mind, it's my birthdaaaaaaay and I'd set my alarm for six anyway. The bus was picking us up at 9.30 to get us on Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 3, 2015
- Out in a Blaze of ColorOur last day in Nicaragua was going to be a long day. Our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 1am Saturday so we had to come up with something to do all day and still check out of our Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 11, 2015
- A Cacophony of Colorful Carpets
One of the locals works on his sawdust carpet amid the blaze of color of his neighbor's efforts
Although I grew up Catho Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 5, 2015
- Hurtling Down a Volcano Sounds Like a Good Time...right?
Atop Cerro Negro, getting ready for my ride
As I lined up my wooden sled, aka volcano surf board, with the furrow in the Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 3, 2015
- Surfing the MountainI'm old enough to know better. Well, maybe not.
Once we had decided on Nicaragua, I started to read up on what to do and see. The first thing that stood out to me was 'Volcano surfing' on Cero Negro Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 3, 2015
- A day for HistoryToday started with our final breakfast at Las Islitas Hotel in Granada. Each morning, we have been treated to a great breakfast of eggs, fruit, potatoes or other side and bread. Today, we shared a huge plat of various Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 1, 2015
- Local Advice Makes Leon (and Old Leon) Roar
The cathedral in Leon, Nicaragua
Our entire plan for the day couldn't have happened without the excellent staff at Las Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 1, 2015
- "Flying" aroundI was looking forward to today, our last in Granada. We had planned on hiking on Volcan Mombacho in the morning and then zip lining after.
Our driver showed up at 7:45 to take us to the Volcan Mombacho Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 31, 2015
- Up in the Air & In the Clouds
Volcan Mombacho, home to a cloud forest, monkeys, and more!
I'm not sure which were more numerous on the pedestrian stre Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 31, 2015
- Storm Cloud Looms Over Volcan Masaya and Day 2
Volcan Masaya, or "The Gates of Hell" to the Spanish conquistadors
I've always wondered if I would get jaded as I visite Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 30, 2015
- Volcanos and lakesIt was another beautiful and warm day in Granada. I promise to come back and write something witty about our day but for now, you get pictures...
[i]Vo Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 30, 2015
- And now for something completely differentYears ago, Shona converted my appreciation of Monty Python to the wider inclusion of Michael Palin's travelogues. His journeys off the usual tourist trail were one of the inspirations behind our own adventure. Thus, I can't go too long without Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Mar 30, 2015
- Granada's Sights -- Catch Them Before it's too late!
Granada's cathedral with Volcan Mombacho in the background
We were arriving late into Managua, Nicaragua - our plane was Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 29, 2015
- Better Hot than NeverI knew it was going to be hot. Really, I did. In fact, that was one of the pluses for going to Nicaragua.
We got into Managua, Nicaragua around 1:30am Saturday morning after a one hour delay
leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 29, 2015
- Getting ready for Nicaragua I leave Saturday to visit my last Central American country: Nicaragua. Spring break starts Friday once school let's out, and once again, I'm heading overseas. I plan on seeing volcanoes, zip lining through jungle canopies, checking out mountain lakes, pre Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 25, 2015
- Sea Day After NicaraguaDidn't get to send yesterday's blog because I hadn't finished it and the satellite link was described as unreliable. After a lovely sunrise I joined Jenny for breakfast and then spent two hours writing up yesterday's story. Next Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 16, 2015
- San Juan Del Sur, NicaraguaThe ship arrived off San Juan Del Sur under a cloudy sky and a wind registering "Gale Force". Despite this ominous start the tenders are launched and all tours proceeded on schedule. Our tour required us to rendezvous Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 16, 2015