- NicaraguaThe departure and flight from Roatan was easy and really beautiful. It was a quick turnover in San Pedro Sula for the flight to San Salvador. I literally got off and then back on the same plane. It was the Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Feb 13, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua! Trip conclusionWe had only one plan for our last morning in Managua, which was to return to Mercado Roberto Huembes for a killer market meal and perhaps pick up some souvenirs. When we arrived around 10, the comedores were just getting Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 2, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua! Ometepe
My curiosity about the oddly-shaped island of Ometepe was what drew my attention to Nicaragua in the first place, so it was a fitting conclusion to our ten day tour of the country. The i Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 2, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua! Granada
Our hotel in Granada, Casa del Consulado, was even prettier and closer to the center of town than our hotel in León. We naturally made a beeline for the market as soon as we'd settled i Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 1, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua! León
NA had put us up at the beautiful colonial Hotel Cacique Adiact in León, just a few blocks north of the main square and the market. Soon after we arrived, we were tearing out of the hot Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 28, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua! Selva Negra
After Managua, our itinerary took us to a place we probably wouldn't have chosen on our own, the Selva Negra ecolodge in the mountainous department of Matagalpa. The lodge was built by a Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 27, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua! ManaguaThe itinerary NA originally provided completely excluded Managua. They were going to put us up in a hotel close to the airport the night of our arrival and then whisk us north to Matagalpa in the morning. That didn't surprise Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 27, 2017
- Hola Nicaragua!A month after we'd gotten home from our Central Europe road trip in August, it was already time to think about where we were going to go for the kids' winter break from school. Staying home with the kids off Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 26, 2017
- Central American adventures end in NicaraguaAfter a few last minute itinerary changes, things worked out splendidly for Jody and I to meet in Nicaragua. We got to spend my last 10 travel days in Central America together. Talk about perfect!
After uniting in Managua, our first Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Jan 24, 2017
- Miraflor, the road less travelledKrista: Another early morning, we are up and out of the hotel by 4:30am and a wee bit nervous as this will our first experience on the chicken bus, we have a vague idea of where the bus station Posted by JEK in Travelling with a teen.. | Dec 16, 2016
- Nica timeSo we made it back to San Jose, and then onwards in to Nicaragua, reasonably pain free... Except the 3 hour line to get out of Costa Rica, and the Nicaraguan entry process which was complete chaos, including lines of Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Jul 9, 2016
- Fun and games on Ometepe Island[float=right][/float]Dragging ourselves out of the San Juan del Sur vortex, we headed for Ometepe Island Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Central American Adventures | Jul 6, 2016
- Volcano Boarding and BeachesHaving to force ourselves to leave the beautiful island of Utila, afraid we'd stay forever; we were off to Leon, Nicaragua. After the strangest border crossing yet, where we were not allowed in the customs office and the bus driver Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Central American Adventures | May 31, 2016
- Week TwoAfter exploring the markets of Managua, the first stop with my dad was to the island of Ometepe. We took the chicken bus down to Rivas, a taxi to San Jorge, and then scuttled onto the ferry that was about Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | May 19, 2016
- Week OneAfter working pretty continuously for the past month and a half, I was rewarded with two weeks off of work and the gift of various visitors. Vacation started with a trip down to San Juan del Sur with Ryan and Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | May 11, 2016
- MatagalpaOver the weekend I decided to head out on my own to the north of Nicaragua, to a town called Matagalpa. I took the chicken bus from Managua to Matagalpa, which ended up taking an hour longer than the express Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Apr 18, 2016
- Nicaragua Sunday 17th April - Granada
Today we left El Salvador and made our way across to Nicaragua, country No. 6.
We had a very early start, leaving the hotel at 5am we drove down to La Union,
a small coastal town where Posted by Andy-Irene in Central America - March-April 2016 | Apr 17, 2016
- ReflectingHaving been in Nicaragua for over two months I have been reflecting on my experience thus far. It has definitely been more challenging than I was expecting. Though I feel that I have been learning a lot, making friends with Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Apr 5, 2016
- Zecca's Birthday!
Masaya, on the hammock hunt
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Apr 1, 2016
- Matagalpa & La Reyna
The arrival into Matagalpa's dusty bus station on a sweaty chicken bus is underwhelming to say the least. We only had to walk a few short blocks into the town and our original perception Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 22, 2016
- La Biosfera
La Biosfera was a unique and beautiful place to spend a few days whilst getting to know Suzanne and her merry band of volunteers and guests.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/72541 Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 20, 2016
Our three day adventure started at Linda Vista in the tiny hill town of Coyolito where we met Mr Adam Sikora who supplied a few amazing looking photos from Coyolito, thanks man.
[img=h Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 15, 2016
- Esteli & Somoto Canyon
First things first, cafe y desayuno tipioco porfa!
[img=http://phot Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 14, 2016
- An Amazing VacactionIt was such a wonderful experience waiting at the airport and seeing my mom and Ted walking out of customs, theyre here! We started our adventure renting a car and driving to Granada. The roads were empty and we arrived Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Mar 7, 2016
Our home for the week was the chilled hostel with a conscience; Rancho Esperanza. They combine low-impact, natural living with projects that actively benefit the village educating Jiquil Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 4, 2016