- A day in Leon provides an introduction to American historyTidbits of Nicaragua's history were evident in nearly every turn during a day trip to the city of Leon. The country's original capital, it is now home to universities, commerce and striking architecture. Though it is far from touristy.
Instead of Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Jun 12, 2014
- Libertad for an anteaterOur stay in Nicaragua is not just Spanish lessons. We recently helped the staff of La Mariposa return an anteater to the wild. Someone had dropped it off here (La Mariposa is an animal rescue, too) noticing it was injured. Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Jun 12, 2014
- File under lesson learnedIt took a couple of days for us to realize this, but when the locals we pass on the street respond to our "buenas dias" with "adios" they aren't blessing us. They are saying goodbye. Which actually, makes sense, no? Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Jun 1, 2014
- Part Three Begins![center][/center]
I had read that all of Nicaragua wakes up at 5:00 am. My first morning here proved that tenfold. It was a Saturday just shy of 4:45am and the sounds of a Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | May 30, 2014
- DiacachimbaDie letzten Tage war ich ständig beschäftigt und das Internet richtig schlecht, wenn überhaupt vorhanden, deswegen hab ich so lange nichts von mir hören lassen. Dafür hab ich euch jetzt umso mehr zu erzählen! Ich hoffe, ich überfordere euch damit Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | May 22, 2014
- Nicaraguita, la flor mas linda ...Ich habe diverse Beschwerden bekommen, dass ich zu wenig Bilder und Updates schicke und bemühe mich jetzt, das zu ändern ;)
Am Montag haben wir die Grenze nach Nicaragua überquert. Viel tun mussten wir nicht dafür, weil wir von einem (anfangs Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | May 7, 2014
- Nicaragua15th Mar: After realising that Costa Rica was not as cheap as we would have liked, it was time to head onwards and upwards to Nicaragua. This involved getting up even before a rooster's crow and being on the bus Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Apr 19, 2014
- Mudslide Maderas[center][/center]
The volcanic island of Ometepe is one of those places you hear about time and time again when you're travelling through Central America. Settled in the middle of Lago N Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 28, 2014
- Welcome to ParadiseOur last destination in Nicaragua turned out to be the absolute highlight of our 6 week stay in the country.
The Corn Islands are located roughly 70km off Nicaragua's eastern caribbean coast. Getting there involves either a quick trip in a Posted by hawkers2013 in The Hawkers head south | Mar 28, 2014
- Our Nicaraguan adventuresOur arrival into Nicaragua began with the most horrendous bus ride to date. There are basically 2 options from the island of Utila down into Nicaragua – do it all in the one hit, about 16 hours with a private Posted by hawkers2013 in The Hawkers head south | Mar 17, 2014
- WARNING: This post may contain Mojitos[center][/center]
If you're starting to want to Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 2, 2014
- Laguna de Apoyo[center][/center]
Back in Nicaragua, we decided to top up our Spanish skills again at a school attached to the Estacion Biologico - an environmental research station next to Laguna de Apo Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 2, 2014
- NicaraguaEven though most of Nicaragua is not accessible by roads it was really easy and logical to go through the country towards Costa Rica hitting all the main hot spots – colonial towns Leon and Granada, Ometepe Island and San Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Feb 8, 2014
- The legend of El Macho and La Macha[center][/center]
After Esteli we stayed in Leon, Nicaragua - one of the most brutally hot locations of the trip so far. Most of the city closes from 12 until 3 in the afternoon and we foun Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Jan 16, 2014
- Cigars and Sandinistas[center][/center]
The Nicaraguan town of Esteli was one of the unexpected highlights of our trip - a place we only intended to stop for a night but just had to stay longer. One morning we Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Jan 12, 2014
- Talking Trash in the New Year[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
In many ways, I can see conscientiousness about trash has grown in the last three decades: Recycling is rampant, bio Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 8, 2014
- 2012 B7 STAR PRINCESS - NICARAGUA ===NICARAGUA.===
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT NICARAGUA?
APART FROM BIANCA JAGGER?
NOT A LOT - WHICH IS WHY THIS STOP WAS SO ENJOYABLE.
TODAYS TOUR STARTS IN SAN JUAN DEL SUR & WE ARE HEA Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Why Howler Monkeys Howl & Other Animal Tales from Totoco[center]Visit my website for more blogs from around the world, articles on travel miscellany, and great links to other great sites.[/center]
[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/551459/916F99D72219AC681759B13 Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 30, 2013
- The end of Nicaragua and the beginning of Costa Rica!FUNDAY SUNDAY WAS AMAZING!!!
We took a bus around to the nicest resort in san juan del sur, started drinking, went to another hostel called naked tiger, saw the sunset, kept drinking and went to another hostel Pachamama to finish up Posted by alexD in just.see | Dec 28, 2013
- so many days and people and adventures!Saturday 13.12.12
Had my second last spanish lesson and i really didnt think my brain could take any more information. Its so long ago and i dont think anything special happened on this day. Probably just walked around the town with Posted by alexD in just.see | Dec 22, 2013
- Composting Complexities[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Imagine, if you will, a world Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 21, 2013
- Bienvenidos a Nicaragua!
Set foot on my fourth Latin American country... the beautifu Posted by nicolexplore in nicolexplore | Dec 16, 2013
- Chaya & The Super Food Conundrums[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
It wasn’t until returning to Earth Lodge in 2012 that the term super food meant more to me than a larger portion of Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 16, 2013
- The Secret of My Success[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
First, as is the protocol with my new blog theme, let me establish my Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 13, 2013
- Spanish classWednesday 10.12.13
Bright and early this morning i started Spanish Lessons! Lets just say my lack of knowledge is evident but that is why im doing it. Also, and the main reason for ths post, im living with a family in Posted by alexD in just.see | Dec 11, 2013