- Spaces in Time[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
I’m getting older. Not old, but older. Generally, when I’m in a hostel, un Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 4, 2013
- Moving Contradictions[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/551459/916F99D72219AC681759B137DDFDC4F1.jpg caption=Visit Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad, home to articles, blogs, and useful travel links from the one and only Mr. Jonathon Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 30, 2013
- The Change of Experience[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Travel is a peculiar thing in that it can have such vastly different implications for different people. In some inst Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 25, 2013
- The Adventure Begins, Again[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
On our last night in Antigua, Emma and I ate dinner at Cactus Grill , one of our regular haunts—wicked good burritos Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 21, 2013
- Hospitality at its finest
I walk into a empty restaurant and am greeted with stoney stares. I check if maybe they are closing; the reason for the iciness,but that doesnt seem to be it. The order is taken and delive Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Nov 7, 2013
When I reflect back on things I realise that getting to Nicaragua had become a bit of an obsession. For the previous few weeks I had pushed through countries at a relentless speed, all to Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Oct 29, 2013
- Houston, We Don't Really Have Any ProblemsSo that whole journey was extremely uneventful. A slightly delayed take-off led to a slightly delayed landing, which made for a slightly closer connection than I would normally be used to, but that was it.
Having landed at Managua and met Posted by TravellingJK in Nicaragua 2013 | Oct 10, 2013
- 3 go madder in NicaraguaWe re-join our 3 comrades on the Nica Bus as they journey into Nicaragua…
The bus drops us off at the dusty sweltering road side and we wait in the shade of a tree. A collective soon appears and we Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Sep 14, 2013
- Nicaragua 16 hours after we left roatan, Honduras we arrived in Granada Nicaragua. Thankfully Granada is a wicked city with plenty to enjoy and our hotel was ace so the day of travelling was quickly forgotten on the consumption of beer Posted by sp8j in Central America | Aug 7, 2013
- NicaraguaWe left Roatan early on the first ferry and after a 16 hour bus trip (only stopping for border crossings) we arrived in Granada, Nicaragua at 1 am.
Nicaragua has 19 active volcanos and is the only place in the world Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jul 1, 2013
- León, NicaraguaLeon is surrounded by a string of active volcanoes. We climbed Telica on the evening of a full moon and could see seven volcanoes including two of them venting smoke against the setting sun.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/411018/large_Nicaragua Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 4, 2013
- Granada, NicaraguaNicaragua has been a true test of our ability to withstand the heat, but while wondering the market we stumbled into a lady making tortillas over a wooden fire who put us to shame. It was quite inspiring to Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 4, 2013
- Ometepe Island, NicaraguaLake Nicaragua is the largest fresh water lake in Central America. It is so large that it gives the feeling of an ocean, especially when on the little lancha (passenger boat) that we had to ride over the big waves Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Apr 30, 2013
- Why Nicaragua?Vulcano´s
The country is surrounded with vulcano´s. After a couple hikes I will give a top 3 list. This Saturday I experienced the new sport vulcano boarding. On top of the vulcano I slided down with a board. It was really Posted by Tom-mytrip in The dots will connect down the road | Apr 28, 2013
- Va Pues!I squeezed in a three-day excursion to Granada, Nicaragua. "Va Pues" is the signature colloquial expression in Nicaragua, and I gather it is similar to the American expression “Git ‘r’ done!”
Granada is a charming, small city on the west Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Apr 22, 2013
- Fair?Full moon, nice weather, local music, entertainment on the street...shortely; a great atmosphere on Saturday night in Granada. So far so good.
Later. Just outside the centre (with a Dutch friend) we find a nice local party. People are friendly, dancing Posted by Tom-mytrip in The dots will connect down the road | Apr 21, 2013
- Nicaragua: an adventurous hike
Today I walked for 6 hours up to Vulcano Mumbacho. It is beautifull!
After my lon Posted by Tom-mytrip in The dots will connect down the road | Apr 7, 2013
- Isla de OmetepeGegen Nachmittag gehen wir zur fahre um die 57 km zur Insel zu fahren. Die fahrt dauert 4 stunden und wir dürfen nur first-klas tickets kaufen mit dem grund: Wir sind auslander. Wie auch immer fur mich entpuppt sich die Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 8, 2013
- GranadaWir kommen also in Granada so gegen mittag an. Wir finden ein sehr nettes hostel mit kuche und pool fur schlappe 20 dollar, der markt ist auch nur ein block entfernt. Ein perfekter ort um bewerbungen zu schreiben, krank zu Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 5, 2013
- San Juan del Sur
San Juan del Sur ar en liten stad som ligger vid kusten inte langt ifran Costa Ricas grans. Staden eller byn ar kand for sina nara liggande fina strander och bra surf vagor och ar Nicuraguas sto Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 1, 2013
- Viva NicaOur first acquaintance in Managua was a 2 inch scorpion... Managua is scary enough without one of these in your dorm. We spend 20 minutes trying to remove him from one of the guys packs unharmed, until a worker walked Posted by CSQUARED in The American Dream | Feb 16, 2013
- A Haircut at Laguna de ApoyoAt the lake I cut his hair. I couldn't stop laughing at first because I was making a mess of it, but then I made myself calm down so I wouldn't end up snipping his scalp or my finger. I Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Dec 16, 2012
- Midnight FerryOn Friday night after walking two miles in the thick, black heat to wait for 3.5 hours on a wooden bench in the ferry terminal, I wondered why we ever thought it was a good idea to take the 12:30 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Dec 15, 2012
- TranquiloI am sitting on a bench outside our room watching two black piglets rooting in the clover. In the distance, Volcán Concepción's massive bulk is finally reappearing after days of obscurement. The faraway lake, whipped at the edges into a Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Dec 11, 2012
- Language ProblemsAn odd end to an otherwise peaceful day:
After dinner tonight we went to the same restaurant as yesterday to order our piña licuado, but this time the proprietor was abrupt with us when we ordered. Yesterday his courtesy had been Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Dec 10, 2012