- Nica timeSo we made it back to San Jose, and then onwards in to Nicaragua, reasonably pain free... Except the 3 hour line to get out of Costa Rica, and the Nicaraguan entry process which was complete chaos, including lines of Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Jul 9, 2016
- Fun and games on Ometepe Island[float=right][/float]Dragging ourselves out of the San Juan del Sur vortex, we headed for Ometepe Island Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Central American Adventures | Jul 6, 2016
- Volcano Boarding and BeachesHaving to force ourselves to leave the beautiful island of Utila, afraid we'd stay forever; we were off to Leon, Nicaragua. After the strangest border crossing yet, where we were not allowed in the customs office and the bus driver Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Central American Adventures | May 31, 2016
- Week TwoAfter exploring the markets of Managua, the first stop with my dad was to the island of Ometepe. We took the chicken bus down to Rivas, a taxi to San Jorge, and then scuttled onto the ferry that was about Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | May 19, 2016
- Week OneAfter working pretty continuously for the past month and a half, I was rewarded with two weeks off of work and the gift of various visitors. Vacation started with a trip down to San Juan del Sur with Ryan and Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | May 11, 2016
- MatagalpaOver the weekend I decided to head out on my own to the north of Nicaragua, to a town called Matagalpa. I took the chicken bus from Managua to Matagalpa, which ended up taking an hour longer than the express Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Apr 18, 2016
- Nicaragua Sunday 17th April - Granada
Today we left El Salvador and made our way across to Nicaragua, country No. 6.
We had a very early start, leaving the hotel at 5am we drove down to La Union,
a small coastal town where Posted by Andy-Irene in Central America - March-April 2016 | Apr 17, 2016
- ReflectingHaving been in Nicaragua for over two months I have been reflecting on my experience thus far. It has definitely been more challenging than I was expecting. Though I feel that I have been learning a lot, making friends with Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Apr 5, 2016
- Zecca's Birthday!
Masaya, on the hammock hunt
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Apr 1, 2016
- Matagalpa & La Reyna
The arrival into Matagalpa's dusty bus station on a sweaty chicken bus is underwhelming to say the least. We only had to walk a few short blocks into the town and our original perception Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 22, 2016
- La Biosfera
La Biosfera was a unique and beautiful place to spend a few days whilst getting to know Suzanne and her merry band of volunteers and guests.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/72541 Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 20, 2016
Our three day adventure started at Linda Vista in the tiny hill town of Coyolito where we met Mr Adam Sikora who supplied a few amazing looking photos from Coyolito, thanks man.
[img=h Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 15, 2016
- Esteli & Somoto Canyon
First things first, cafe y desayuno tipioco porfa!
[img=http://phot Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 14, 2016
- An Amazing VacactionIt was such a wonderful experience waiting at the airport and seeing my mom and Ted walking out of customs, theyre here! We started our adventure renting a car and driving to Granada. The roads were empty and we arrived Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Mar 7, 2016
Our home for the week was the chilled hostel with a conscience; Rancho Esperanza. They combine low-impact, natural living with projects that actively benefit the village educating Jiquil Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 4, 2016
- Crossing the Frontera to León
The trifling matter of another 12 hour bus journey and chaotic border-crossing was not going to dull our excitement for reaching Nicaragua, the land of Flor de Caña.
[img=http://photos. Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Mar 1, 2016
- One Trip Down!Had my first trip with Global Student Embassy over the past 10 days! We had a large, but great group of 24 students, 3 teachers plus 5 trip leaders. Our trip began in Managua with a tour of the old Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Feb 24, 2016
- GranadaTraveling from Playa Gigante to Granada went smoothly and was an interesting experience. I traveled with Gwen and Brian on the Chicken Bus that stopped right outside our hostel and took us all the way to Rivas for just Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Feb 3, 2016
- NicaraguaAnother adventure has begun! I am about to start working in Nicaragua for the next four months working for a company called Global Student Embassy leading trips doing sustainable farming with students from the US. My trip started Posted by rae.lloydlever in The World is Calling and I Must Go | Feb 2, 2016
- From Costa Rica to Nicaragua and back again
Well we're now onto our last 2 weeks in Central America and things are just about starting to feel more normal. Our mixture of poor Spanish and sign language is be Posted by CunninghamScott in Great Scott! It's an American adventure | Jan 12, 2016
- Nicaragua - the other migrant crisis San Juan Del Sur
We were up early to get the 7am bus to the border of Nicaragua and Costa Rica, and after five and a half hours we arrived at the border town in Costa Rica. We met a lovely Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Dec 20, 2015
- Granada, back to Panama and on to Los AngelesWe were both delighted with our decision to spend three nights in Granada. Granada is a gorgeous colonial town situated on the shores of Lake Nicaragua, about 40 minutes from Managua. It is full of beautiful architecture, cobbled streets, colourful Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 4, 2015
- The Corn IslandsWe organised a shuttle to the airport in Managua for our flight to the Corn Islands. There were just three of us in the minivan. Alisha from Townsville was our other traveller. We were in good time for the plane Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Nov 21, 2015
- Montezuma, San Juan Del Sur and LeonWe left the hotel in San Jose and caught an earlier bus to Punteranus than we had planned. As we later found out this was a good move. The bus stations have an area where passengers sit and wait for Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Nov 10, 2015
- Surf's upAfter a trans-boarder travelathon comprising of 1. gravel road bus - 2. flag down highway bus - 3. change bus again at station - 4. walk over Costa Rica/Nicaragua boarder - 5. Nicaraguan bus - 6. taxi (we were waiting Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Oct 1, 2015