- Northern Ireland!Ladies and Gentlemen, the pictures you've been waiting for!
Today, we got up and picked up our rental car -- a diesel Audi -- to help us adventure around the countries of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Jeremy has been driving Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 16, 2015
We made our way from Glasgow to the ferry and then travelled on the ferry for 2 and a bit hours and we reached Northern Island – Belfast to be exact.
What to say about Belfast: we didn’t get to see Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 25, 2015
- A weekend road trip around Northern Ireland===Northern Ireland===
I was away in Belfast for a few days for work so Gavin flew over to join me on the Friday night and we had a weekend road tripping around the coast of Northern Ireland. The main sight Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jan 11, 2015
- Northern Ireland==Northern Ireland==
29th Oct to 31st Oct: The next morning we were up early as we had to catch the 8:30am bus to the port to then catch the ferry to Belfast. By 8:30am the bus had not arrived so I Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Dec 19, 2014
- Belfast, Northern IrelandAnother of those grey misty days we come to expect. Thankfully there was no rain and we had a booked Shore Excursion anyway. We assembled for our 08:30 tour and departed pretty much on schedule. Our guide Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 18, 2014
- Belfast birthday party bonanzaHappy birthday to Emma! We celebrated with a diverse selection of Belfast adventures. We started with a black cab tour of the murals and memorials around Falls Road and Shankill Road. Our guide, Sean, answered any questions Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 18, 2014
- Dealing with our baggageThis morning was a battle of the suitcases as we tried to get under the 20kg luggage limit. My 'precious' suitcase came through with the goods by being the lightest - an interesting turnaround from the initial situation!
Neville bid Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 16, 2014
- Day 46 - Perth, ScotlandAs we didn’t need to leave until 11am, there was no rush packing. It rained while loading the car. The usually quiet road outside was jam packed with the cars of people attending a Catholic Mass. At 10.45am, after mass, Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Day 45 - Northern Ireland - The Giants CausewayToday we awoke to cloudy skies. After cutting lunches we headed off north to the Giant's Causeway. Having look at the costs of parking at the visitors centre we decided to park at a smaller seaside town, Port Ballintrae, and Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Day 44 - Northern IrelandWe all slept well, and slept in too. A grey day with rain forecast. The girls made loom bands, the boys read books, Danny played lego, I resumed reading ‘The Book Thief’, wrote some emails etc. A nice lazy day. Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- IrelandHi guys
The most favorite part so far is going to Ireland. Seeing the old stone castles and forts was fun and meeting the whole family. (About 60 people! )
The weather over here is miserable. It's all rain and clouds. (The Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 18, 2014
- PortrushToday I left Dublin behind, saw some beautiful countryside and took lots of photos of rugged coastline. So, all is well again in my world.
I arrived at the meeting place early and all the tour group was ready to depart Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 2, 2014
- 16. Devil's Causeway and BushmillsAs I write this, I am at home. My trip to Ireland/Scotland was wonderful, but travel day is grueling so I am glad to be here. The flight from Dublin to San Francisco is 10 1/2 hours Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 22, 2014
- 15. The TitanicThe Titanic was born in Belfast. In honor of its (would be) 100th birthday, Belfast has opened a huge exhibit/museum about the ill fated ship. It is now the 2nd most visited tourist attraction in Ireland, the Guinness Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 18, 2014
- 14. Northern Ireland First ImpressionToday was another travel day. We bussed from Galway City, across the border and into the United Kingdom, arriving in Belfast. Almost as soon as we crossed the border, I started seeing differences. I must be crazy, the Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 17, 2014
- Day 34Marjorie and Rosemary live in a house located in Maghaberry which is just west of Lisburn (where my mother was brought up).It is a very nicely furnished house and they have built a sun room which looks out on their Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 21, 2013
- Day 39After breakfast we left for Newcastle in the south east of Northern Ireland. We drove via a number of Bally’s – Ballybogy, Ballymoney, Ballymena and Ballynahinch.
We went to Newcastle for three reasons – (1) it is beside the Mourne Mountains, Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 18, 2013
- Day 38We enjoyed this area so much that we decided to stay for another night. We had a very nourishing breakfast and then went out for a walk. There is a coastal path called the Ulster Way which runs along a Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 14, 2013
- Day 37I did not publish blogs for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday as they were about meetings, visiting old haunts and catching up with family. We came yesterday evening to a B&B which is located in the countryside near Whitehead. It is Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 14, 2013
- Day 33We had another enjoyable breakfast at Missoni. After that we needed to repack. We are flying to Belfast at 8pm and we can only have 20kg each in luggage plus hand luggage. Singapore Airlines allowed us 30kg each (this represented Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 12, 2013
- A Giant Day Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | May 11, 2013
- Catching up with familyA great day which commenced with a hearty Ulster fry followed by a drive via Toome Bridge to Newtownabbey. Here we had a family get together with lunch all set up for us by Sarah Neill. The day was spent Posted by tiderace in Northern Ireland; March 2013 | Mar 14, 2013
- TitanicTitanic time! We walk to the Titanic museum nice and early, and get plenty of silly photos while waiting for it to open (I'm sure you're all very surprised by that). The friendliness of the Irish continues, and Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- Fiddle de dee po-TaytosWe started the day with a taxi ride out to the airport to pick up our hire car - the chatty taxi driver gave us permission to stay in the country because we seemed to have brought the sunshine with Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- First EntrySitting in the office, looking out at a horrible wet Friday the 13th , dreaming of the Summer and anticipating what I will be doing on the next Friday the 13th, which just happens to be my 24th Birthday!!
I have Posted by kerrianneob in A Journey of A Thousand Miles.... | Apr 13, 2012