- Flåm, NorwayFlåm, Norwegian Fjords
Wednesday 13th August - Thursday 14th August 2014
We caught the train to Myrdal just before 8am where we had nearly an hour's wait until the next train to Flåm. This 20km stretch of railways is one of the Posted by Roaming Rolts in Scandinavia | Aug 15, 2014
- Last day in OsloI walked down the main shopping street (Karl Johans) and caught the hop-on hop-off bus around 10am. My first stop today was the Viking Ship Museum. The museum contains Viking ships that were used for burials and were excavated from Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 13, 2014
- Bergen, NorwayBergen, Norway
Monday 11th August - Wednesday 13th August 2014
We set off bright and early for Gatwick airport at 6am. The journey was relatively uneventful on my part, with several uninteresting dreams along the M25 while Chris did a Posted by Roaming Rolts in Scandinavia | Aug 13, 2014
- Still in OsloThe joy of sleeping in until 8am! I met Christine and Lorna for breakfast at 9am, then checked that the reception has me booked in for another two nights. They did but I had to move rooms – from the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 12, 2014
- Back in OsloThis was the last day of my last tour. I’m looking forward to the freedom of exploring Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen by myself.
We left at 8.15am for the long drive back to Oslo. At the top of a steep zig Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 11, 2014
- GeirangerFor anyone that’s sick of reading my blog, you’ll be pleased to know that I’ll be home in two weeks. But I feel a bit sad that my great adventure will soon be over.
Last night there was a big storm Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 10, 2014
- Still in Balestrand Today is a free day … free to sleep in and have a late breakfast … no packing bags and being on the bus by 8am! I’ve been getting up at 6am but today I slept until 7.30 and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 9, 2014
- BalestrandAnother 8am start for a very busy day. This tour is very tiring and I’d really like a sleep in. We drove to Voss, through tunnel after tunnel. The Norwegians sure know how to build tunnels through the mountains.
At Voss Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 9, 2014
- P&O Cruise to NorwayFri 1st August - Leaving Southampton
Excitement today, we board the cruise ship Adonia which is to set sail at 4.00pm.
After booking out of the hotel in Southampton, we taxi it to the dock at 12.30 and once on Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Aug 8, 2014
- BergenWhen I woke up I opened the curtains to find a huge passenger ship in the fjord – spoiling my view.
I had one last walk in the garden before breakfast and we were on the road at 8am. Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 7, 2014
- Chasing Mary & A Kid in a Lego ShopHere is your picture of the Little a Mermaid from the front
We've spent the day exploring Royal Residences or as I like to call it chasing Princess Mary. We started b Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 6, 2014
- UlvikWe were on the bus and ready to go at 8am. We have a full size coach but only sixteen people – we will pick up a few more people when we reach Bergen.
The morning started with a short visit Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 6, 2014
- Oslo4 August 2014
Another flight done: Reykjavik – Oslo (SAS)
Only three to go.
Yesterday I booked an 8am airport transfer and it was confirmed last night. This morning the hotel reception called to say the 8am transfer bus wasn’t running. I was Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 5, 2014
- Norway in a Nutshell - Part 3Can you really be tired from spending 7 hours staring out the train window? Cause I am
A lazy day really we explored Bergen for a bit before boarding the train for the afternoon.
Today in pictures
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/5 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 4, 2014
- Boat, Bus & Train (Norway in a Nutshell - Part 2)Today we went from Flam to Bergen by boat, bus & train
It was amazing!!! Honestly it was like we were in the pages of a tourist brochure or a movie, even if we Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 3, 2014
- Norway in a a Nutshell - Part 1Today we encountered the large lens Nikons posed and iPad ready tourists, yup you know the ones I'm talking about, they have the sound track of snap snap snap snap, yup were in tourist country now!
Such a hard day......we sat Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 2, 2014
- Vikings, Ships & Eskimo MeWe started our day with a trip to Museum Island (I'm sure it has a name but for now Museum Island will do) we were interested in seeing the Viking Ships . So glad we did these ships have been Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 1, 2014
- Buskers & BeggersThey're everywhere in the street wanting money, some are painted metallic pretending to be statues, making ballon animals, selling magazines, they've got a little jazz band. They ask for money in signs written in English, they want to cash to Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jul 31, 2014
- 2014 F2 OCEAN PRINCESS - STAVANGARAT LAST WE DIP BELOW THE ARCTIC CIRCLE.
THE SUN HAS BEEN OUT CONSTANTLY FOR ABOUT A WEEK.
WHAT A STRANGE EXPERIENCE IT IS, TO NEVER HAVE DARKNESS FOR A WEEK.
EVEN MORE SO FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE & HAVE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 7, 2004
- 2014 F1 OCEAN PRINCESS - THE LOFOTEN ISLANDSSTILL ABOVE THE ARCTIC CIRCLE, I NOW TAKE A PRINCESS SOUTH THROUGH THE VERY SCENIC LOFOTEN ISLANDS.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE WEATHER DID NOT CO-OPERATE. OFF & ON DRIZZLE. LOTS OF BUS TIME & A BIT OF RAIN WHEN WE GOT OFF DOES Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 8, 2004
- Oslo and Roald AmundsenI awoke at 3:30am to sunlight, not bright sun, but it wasn’t dark at all.
Finally washers and dryers, several of them! We all had clean clothes before leaving for the day of sightseeing.
Our 1st, and it turns out only Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 27, 2014
- 2014 E9 OCEAN PRINCESS - ALTATHIS WAS AN INTERESTING DAY - ONE OF THE SHIPS EXCURSIONS TO THE MUSEUM AT ALTA.
ON THE WAY TO THE MUSEUM, WE ARE GOING TO STOP AT A MOCK UP OF A SAMI VILLAGE ... WHERE ONE OF THE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 9, 2004
- 2014 E8 OCEAN PRINCESS - NORTH CAPETHIS STOP IS BILLED AS NORTH CAPE, THE NORTHERN MOST PART OF EUROPE BUT WE ACTUALLY PARK IN HONINGSVAG & WHILE NORTH CAPE WAS OFFERED AS AN EXCURSION, I OPTED FOR A BOAT RIDE TO AN ISLAND REPUTED TO Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 10, 2004
- 2014 E7 OCEAN PRINCESS - NY ALESUND, SVALBAD
WAVING GOODBYE TO THE VERY FAR NORTH, WE HEAD SOUTH TO NY ALESUND. INHABITED ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY BY SCIENTISTS AND THAIS.
Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 11, 2004
- 2014 E6 OCEAN PRINCESS - MAGDALENAFJORD, SVALBAD===AS FAR NORTH AS WE ARE GOING - THE ISLAND OF SVALBAD, ALSO KNOWN AS SPITZBERGEN===
WE SAIL INTO MAGDALENAFJORD ,TO SPEND A WHLE GENTLY GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES, VIEWING THE GLACIER AT IT'S HEAD
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_ Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 12, 2004