- Funicula, fjords and footwearBergen was a beautiful city - surrounded by hills, full of brightly coloured buildings and the buzz of the harbour. Bergen was also a moody city - pouring rain one minute, then all sunshine and innocence the next. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 7, 2016
- Moving fjordwardWe woke up to a fairly grim weather forecast, but the sun shone regardless. We spent the drive to Geiranger telling ourselves that it would all end soon but the sun persisted. We timed our arrival at the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 2, 2016
- Day 15 - Last day in Oslo, home tomorrowToday was the last day of our trip.
This morning we toured the newer side of Oslo and saw some interesting buildings.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727390/0B Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 14 - OsloThis morning we met up with a city guide after breakfast for a brief bus tour of Oslo. Our first stop was Frognerpark. The park is filled with sculptures of human figures by Norwegian sculptor Gustav Vigeland. The figures show Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 31, 2016
- Alison in AlesundWahey sunshine again! We saw Trondheim in the sunshine on Sunday morning and then set off back in a southerly direction. We encountered more snow-less skiers, and went through a town where everyone seemed to be sitting on Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 31, 2016
- Day 13 - Lofthus to OsloNot much to share today. We were on the road most of the day and only made two stops. One was at the Hardanger Nature Center were we saw a fabulous movie that made us feel like we were flying Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 30, 2016
- Day 12 - LofthusToday began with yet another ferry ride. After the 1st ferry, we briefly stopped in the town of Utne then boarded a 2nd ferry to cross Hardanger Fjord.
[img=http://phot Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- NORWAYNorway really is as beautiful and breath-taking as people say it is. Over the past couple of weeks we have seen some truly stunning natural landscapes and natural phenomena, which we had only ever seen before in photos or documentaries. Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Day 11 - Bergen to Flaam to LofthusToday was a day where we traveled by bus, ferry, train, another train, and finally bus again ending at the beautiful Hotel Ullensvang in Lofthus.
Bus: first we took the bus to Voss, home of Knut Rockne for you sports fans. Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 28, 2016
- Isn't it good, Norwegian wood?Our exploration of Oslo didn't get off to a great start. We made our way into the city centre on the bus and arrived at the tiger statue outside the main station at 9.59am, just in time for a Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 28, 2016
- Day 10 - BergenToday began with a bus tour of the city of Bergen. Bergen is not very large and is best known for these buildings - Bryggen - which are designated as a Unesco World Heritage site. They are 900 years old. Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 27, 2016
- Day 9 - Geiranger to BergenToday we left Geiranger and took a ferry ride down the Geiranger fjord for about an hour before proceeding to Bergen. The trip took most of the day. This country has so much water. There are waterfalls gushing down the Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 26, 2016
- Day 8 - Geiranger We were able to sleep in a little today. It's been difficult for most of us to sleep well because the rooms are warm and the beds only have a duvet and no top sheet. So you either sleep with Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 25, 2016
- Day 13. FjordsToday was “Norway in a Nutshell”. It’s kind of a canned tour of fjords but it is really beautiful. It involves a lot of travel, but how else can you see the territory? We were out and Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 25, 2016
- Day 7 - Gaala to Lom to Geirangeri was hoping to get some better photos from our hotel this morning, however the fog was in and we couldn't see across the valley.
On the way to our first stop today we listened to music by Edvard Greig, Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 24, 2016
- Day 12. Touring BergenI think I may have mentioned that I am rooming with a woman named Carol. We met on a trip to Ireland and hit it off and decided to room together on this trip, although we really did not Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 23, 2016
- Day 6 - Arrive in Oslo, proceed to Lillehammer then GaalaThe overnight ferry arrived in Oslo this morning. The ride was uneventful. The buffet dinner and breakfast were good, not great. Last night weretired early to our quiet, small cabin and read since there was no TV.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7 Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 23, 2016
- Day 11. Bergen by TrainThe day today was spent on a train from Oslo to Bergen. Since the train stops at small towns along the way, it takes six hours. For some, travel days represent time away from the purpose of the Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 22, 2016
- Day 10. A Full Day of OsloI see that in my exuberance over the ice bar I forgot about going to the Oslo City Hall yesterday to talk about the Nobel Peace prize while standing in the room where the ceremony takes place. Only the Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 9: OsloI started an interesting tradition a few days ago. (Can it be a tradition if it’s only happened twice?). Since Marus (Iceland driver) had nothing to say, Rosemary had us list questions we would ask of him in Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 20, 2016
- Spitsbergen Odyssey28th July (continued)
When we left you in our last post we had just seen our first reindeer here in Longyearbyen. Then we decided to have some lunch. We ended up having an arctic pizza which had reindeer and lingonberries on Posted by shaneandnicola in Our big retirement trip | Aug 7, 2016
- Day 4 & 5 Copenhagen - OsloAfter a leisurely breakfast, we took a maxi taxi to the cruise terminal with Doug and Cherryl and Doug’s brother David and his wife. Cherryl was adamant that we get there early and sure enough, we had boarded the ship Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 28, 2016
- Up and away25th July
Today we ended up on a trip to nowhere. Literally.
In the afternoon we were picked up for our limousine ride to the airport. (This was one of the perks of flying business class).
We spent time in the business lounge Posted by shaneandnicola in Our big retirement trip | Jul 28, 2016
- Day 79We had a night of all-night noise because of the music followed by the yelling on the street and apartment doors opening and slamming shut until 4 AM. We had a great little apartment with what would likely have Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 18, 2016
- Day 78Today we planned to spend the day getting to know Bergen.
First off, we must say that last night the windows did not rattle because of the music at Bergenfest. Some others must have also felt the volume was excessive and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 17, 2016