- 2014 F2 OCEAN PRINCESS - STAVANGARAT LAST WE DIP BELOW THE ARCTIC CIRCLE.
THE SUN HAS BEEN OUT CONSTANTLY FOR ABOUT A WEEK.
WHAT A STRANGE EXPERIENCE IT IS, TO NEVER HAVE DARKNESS FOR A WEEK.
EVEN MORE SO FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE & HAVE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 7, 2004
- 2014 F1 OCEAN PRINCESS - THE LOFOTEN ISLANDSSTILL ABOVE THE ARCTIC CIRCLE, I NOW TAKE A PRINCESS SOUTH THROUGH THE VERY SCENIC LOFOTEN ISLANDS.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE WEATHER DID NOT CO-OPERATE. OFF & ON DRIZZLE. LOTS OF BUS TIME & A BIT OF RAIN WHEN WE GOT OFF DOES Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 8, 2004
- Oslo and Roald AmundsenI awoke at 3:30am to sunlight, not bright sun, but it wasn’t dark at all.
Finally washers and dryers, several of them! We all had clean clothes before leaving for the day of sightseeing.
Our 1st, and it turns out only Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 27, 2014
- 2014 E9 OCEAN PRINCESS - ALTATHIS WAS AN INTERESTING DAY - ONE OF THE SHIPS EXCURSIONS TO THE MUSEUM AT ALTA.
ON THE WAY TO THE MUSEUM, WE ARE GOING TO STOP AT A MOCK UP OF A SAMI VILLAGE ... WHERE ONE OF THE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 9, 2004
- 2014 E8 OCEAN PRINCESS - NORTH CAPETHIS STOP IS BILLED AS NORTH CAPE, THE NORTHERN MOST PART OF EUROPE BUT WE ACTUALLY PARK IN HONINGSVAG & WHILE NORTH CAPE WAS OFFERED AS AN EXCURSION, I OPTED FOR A BOAT RIDE TO AN ISLAND REPUTED TO Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 10, 2004
- 2014 E7 OCEAN PRINCESS - NY ALESUND, SVALBAD
WAVING GOODBYE TO THE VERY FAR NORTH, WE HEAD SOUTH TO NY ALESUND. INHABITED ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY BY SCIENTISTS AND THAIS.
Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 11, 2004
- 2014 E6 OCEAN PRINCESS - MAGDALENAFJORD, SVALBAD===AS FAR NORTH AS WE ARE GOING - THE ISLAND OF SVALBAD, ALSO KNOWN AS SPITZBERGEN===
WE SAIL INTO MAGDALENAFJORD ,TO SPEND A WHLE GENTLY GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES, VIEWING THE GLACIER AT IT'S HEAD
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_ Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 12, 2004
- Norway GlacierSo now a turn to the East, to Oslo, but first a stop in the Hardanger National Park.
Before we left home Elias saw Hardanger on the map and we thought that it would be a great place to visit. When Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 24, 2014
- 2014 E5 OCEAN PRINCESS - TROMSO===IF YOU DON'T LIKE DOGS, YOU SHOULD SKIP THIS ENTRY...===
IT'S A TOUR TO VISIT A DOG SLEDDING CAMP ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF TROMSO.
AND THERE ARE A LOT OF DOGS.
===BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO CROSS THE ARCTIC CIRCLE...===
[center][img=ht Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 13, 2004
- 2014 E4 OCEAN PRINCESS - GERAINGERFJORD[center]IT'S NORWAY, IT'S FJORDS.[/center]
CONTINUING NORTH, WE ENTER THE WONDERLAND OF GERAINGERFJORD.
THIS LADY, MARLENE, WAS ALSO IN MY DOVER B & B. SHE CONSTANTLY GOT MY NAME WRONG & I HAD A BLOCK WITH HERS TOO.
SHE SURE DID A Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 15, 2004
- The Grieg House and BryggenNext stop, Bergen! What a fun little town, although not so little by Norway standards.
We didn’t arrive very early so only stopped at the fish market where I could get online and we could get our bearings. I found Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 22, 2014
- 2014 E3 OCEAN PRINCESS - BERGENFINALLY, I AM ON BOARD THE OCEAN PRINCESS, WHICH IS VERY FAMILIAR AS I WAS ON IT A MONTH IN 2012 & TWO MONTHS ON A SISTER SHIP IN 2013.
THIS VOYAGE IS BILLED AS THE 'VOYAGE TO THE MIDNIGHT SUN', Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 16, 2004
- Norway, A Most Beautiful CountryBecause we were not on a set timetable I didn’t worry about buying ferry tickets early so once we reached Hirtshels we had to determine our next move which was the Ferry to Kristiansand, Norway. The 1st available crossing was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 21, 2014
- Stavanger DomkirkeAfter meeting my friend's friend at a bus stop on our way to the city centre, we took the bus that dropped us off in the city centre. That was my first time on a bus, can I get a Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jul 4, 2014
- DalsnutenAfter taking about an approx. 15 minute bus ride from Sandnes, my friend and I began the excruciatingly long trek up a construction-ridden hill to begin our ascent up Dalsnuten. For an American with asthma, this trip was glorious. I Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jul 4, 2014
- The Bergen regionBergen was our next destination. Very nice town to visit, probably a nightmare to be a resident... Famous already in its own right, its listing as Unesco heritage gave it the final blow as tourism is simply overwhelming. Elder German Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jul 4, 2014
- Norway in a nutshell“Hei fra Skandinavia”! Well actually, “Hello from London”. Despite my best intentions to write on the road, I found limited time to put pen to paper. On occasion when I did, turning my ramblings into something coherent for you good Posted by Jonathon Clegg in Lost and Found | Jul 1, 2014
- The HardangerviddaThe same evening after visiting Olso city we headed to Heddal, the largest stave church still intact. There are several such churches, and the amazing bit of it is that they are nearly entirely made of wood, and they date Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jul 1, 2014
- Oslo!We could not help but lift our adventurous side to all a new level while approaching to Oslo. We slept in the car, and as the sun rose (about 3 a.m.) we fired up our cameras for suggestive picks of Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jun 30, 2014
- Day 1, Day 2, & Day 3==Day 1: Sunday==
My conformation for my ticketsssss
The Waffle House
[img=http://pho Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jun 24, 2014
- 16 timer til avreiseNå er det kun 16 timer igjen til flyet mitt letter fra Gardemoen, jeg klarer nesten ikke å vente lenger...
Koffert er nesten ferdigpakket, alle dokumenter og viktige papirer ligger klare, klær er lakt frem og humøret er på topp!
På Heathrow Posted by mariinamibia in Mari i Namibia | Jun 17, 2014
- Farewell Oslo…Hello Italy!
Day 5: Gye had another day of concrete conference, so Sammi went on an adventure. She caught a ferry to Boygden which is just across the harbour. There she explored the Viking Ship Museum (photo 2) and the Norwegian Folk Posted by sammigye in Gye and Sammi go to Europe | Jun 14, 2014
- Exploring OsloHello everyone,
We are having a great time in Oslo and making the most of it!
Day 3 was our last day to explore the city together before Gye attends his conference. We started early heading into the city to buy our Posted by sammigye in Gye and Sammi go to Europe | Jun 11, 2014
- Looks like we made itAfter 34 hours, 3 planes and many complimentary drinks…we made it to Oslo! Flying into Norway we were amazed with how clean and green it was, looked just like NZ.
When we got down into the Posted by sammigye in Gye and Sammi go to Europe | Jun 9, 2014
- Banana eating bears, Trolls and Finally Finding NemoThe May long weekend presented an opportune moment to once again escape the trying-so-hard-but-failing sunshine in London by flying to Bergen in Norway.
[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5B7wxzF4Ks|Before reading on- click on this link to have a wat Posted by bron_dan in A long tiki-tour home | May 29, 2014