- Day 79We had a night of all-night noise because of the music followed by the yelling on the street and apartment doors opening and slamming shut until 4 AM. We had a great little apartment with what would likely have Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 18, 2016
- Day 78Today we planned to spend the day getting to know Bergen.
First off, we must say that last night the windows did not rattle because of the music at Bergenfest. Some others must have also felt the volume was excessive and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 17, 2016
- Day 77As we have mentioned a few times, we are close to summer solstice. Last night sunset was to be at 11 PM. We took a picture of the sky to show that there was reflection of a sunset Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 16, 2016
- Day 76Today we traveled from Geilo, Norway to Bergen, Norway.
We woke to a cool and cloudy morning. The temperature was 11 C (52 F) when we got in the car.
As we left Geilo we noticed that many homes had sod Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 15, 2016
- Day 75We woke to bright blue skies and warm temperatures. We went to the hotel-supplied breakfast and enjoyed the feast once again.
Today we drove north and west toward a mountain ski community called Geilo. Our planned lodging is an apartment Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 14, 2016
- Day 74We were blessed this morning by awakening to a clear blue sky and warm temperatures.
We had breakfast here at the hotel. The breakfast was included in our hotel cost. The breakfast was a feast. We were very impressed.
After breakfast Art Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 13, 2016
- Day 73We awoke to a bright sunny morning with a temperature of 18. This was an immense improvement from the last few days.
We had breakfast at the hotel and watched an English movie with Swedish subtitles called "Baby's Day Out" which Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 12, 2016
- OsloLeft boat via bus for a city Art tour. First stop National Art Gallery. Very excited to view original of Edward Munch' s paintings the 'Scream' one of the must sees on Art archives. Our very informative guide gave Posted by Healey Bri_Avi in Healsontour | Jun 5, 2016
- Scandinavia: The Cherry on Top of EuropeNormally, sitting on a train for 6-8 hours would not be considered vacation. Here in Norway, though, this is what it’s famous for, and thus it’s a perfect opportunity for me to put fingers to keys. I know that last Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | May 19, 2016
- The Top Of The World
We made it!
We are now at the most northerly point in mainland Europe! AKA The top of the world!
A dream for many has come true today - a true mountain top moment ❄️ Posted by GirlguidingWOW in Girlguiding WOW Trip | Mar 27, 2016
- Olive 1/3/16Today we had: plane trip, airport, plane trip, airport. The plane stopped seven times, the trips between stops were about ten minutes each for the first 6 stops. The next flight was about an hour.
On the plane the pilot Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 8, 2016
- Wil 29/2/16Today is the day we leave Kirkenes, so for the finale went HUSKY SLEDDING!!!!! There were five sleds in total, two of which were the guys guiding us though the track. As we rounded the first corner, mum and Olive's Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 7, 2016
- Olive & Wil 29/2/16The Northern Lights are created when electrically charged particles from the sun and gaseous particles from earth collide. The different types of gases produce different colours: oxygen is green and nitrogen is blue or a purplish red. They only make Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 4, 2016
- Olive 27/2/16Today after lunch we had a snowball fight. It was awesome, but we nearly trampled our snowman family.
The snowball fight turned into building a snowman, mum wanted to s Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 28, 2016
- Wil 27/2/16Today we had a snowball fight and built a snowman named Griffin he has blueberries for eye's no animals have eaten them-
That afternoon we went up a mountain dragging Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 28, 2016
- Wil 26/2/16Today we went ice fishing and discovered how cold our toes could get. There was a guide with us called Dimitar. The ice was about 40 cm deep and the snow on top was half a metre, but mum stepped Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 28, 2016
- Olive 27/2/16Today we went ice fishing. The man showing us how to do it, dug the snow off, then drilled a 40cm hole down into the thick ice with a giant corkscrew. That's deep! Also, today mum and dad hired us Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 28, 2016
- Wil 25/2/16Last night we crossed the top of Norway and the sea was really rough. Everyone was stumbling and it was hard to walk in a straight line. The sea was called the Barents Sea, which is also known as the Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 25, 2016
- Olive 24/2/16Today we went on a tour of a fishing village called Skarsvåg. It is the most northern fishing village in Norway. They go fishing everyday and eat their catch everyday except Sunday's and Christmas Day. The fisherman give free Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 25, 2016
- Wil 23/2/16Today we went to the polar museum in Tromsø, it's really sad that in Norway back in the late 1800's they would kill many walruses, seals and polar bears. Tromsø's last seal hunt was as recent as 2015, when Norway's Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 24, 2016
- Olive 23/2/16Today we were in Tromsø, one of the town squares had ice sculptures in it. It was really cool, a few people from lots of different countries had got together to build an ice sculpture. Here is my favourite.
It's Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 24, 2016
- Wil 22/2/16This morning we crossed into the Arctic circle. The ship's crew held a ceremony on the flight deck which is on the back of the ship. The captain and some crew members poured a ladle of ice and water down Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 24, 2016
- Olive 22/2/16Today nothing really happened, so I'm going to tell you about life on the boat so far. Every morning we leave our tiny cabin and climbed the 36 stairs to breakfast, which is a buffet. Then it's to the Polar Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 23, 2016
- Wil 21/2/16One of the places we visited in Trondheim was a Lutheran church called Vår Frue Church and it seemed like there were a billion statues of Jesus. The church was founded in the 12th century. Because of the fires in Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 21, 2016
- Olive 21/2/16Today, we went to Trondheim. Another beautiful town. We visited two churches. The carvings were really pretty.
This one was the Nidaros Cathedral. It took from the 10th century to the start of the 14th century to build it.Viking King Olav Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Feb 21, 2016