- Simple PleasuresOur stay in the fishing village has highlighted so many of the things that we have truly come to love and appreciate about living in Norway. It's amazing that, despite our location, or the type of house / apartment / Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Apr 5, 2017
- Go. Away. Rudolph.Stupid reindeer fur.
When we were younger, my parents would buy one coveted package of foil icicles to put a dramatic finish on our Christmas tree and also give us kids the opportunity to practice our self-control skills. The icicles were Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 30, 2017
- A Fishing Village (Literally)Just in case you might be interested in a trick we rely heavily upon (or for those who wonder how some of these places manage to find their way to our map) - give this a try: (1) Google the Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 26, 2017
- "Hey, That's GREEN!"I don't think we're quite to the top of the globe (you know, the part that starts to flatten out that I used as a starting point for my Barbie's slide at my Granny & Papa's house when I was Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 25, 2017
- Norwegian Cowgirl (Mountain Girl)A car and a couple of ferries yesterday allowed us to soak up the trip down to Stavanger at our own pace. The coast was unbelievably touchable in its cloak of moss and the islands were an overwhelming dot-to-dot, with Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 21, 2017
- Journey in BergenI'll keep this simple. We love this city.
We rolled out of bed with sleepy eyes (well, one of mine might have gotten excited because we are staying in a hotel instead of a house, which has breakfast, and I Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 21, 2017
- Norway in a Nutshell We gathered all the recommendations we could find and made the decision to traverse east coast to west coast (Oslo to Bergen) via the well-traveled paths of 'Norway in a Nutshell'. Some folks said if you're going to do anything Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 21, 2017
- Oh Oslo!Remember when Luke and I nearly strangled each other over how to find our apartment in Germany? He drew the brave card and figured we could walk the "short" distance (in the dark streets of Frankfurt to a place we've Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 21, 2017
- Nå Norway!You know something strange? Remember the nice Icelandic gentleman that was kind enough to rent us one of the cars from his personal garage that was dressed like a 'Professional Garage' from the discount costume aisle in a Spirit Halloween Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 21, 2017
- Funicula, fjords and footwearBergen was a beautiful city - surrounded by hills, full of brightly coloured buildings and the buzz of the harbour. Bergen was also a moody city - pouring rain one minute, then all sunshine and innocence the next. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 7, 2016
- Moving fjordwardWe woke up to a fairly grim weather forecast, but the sun shone regardless. We spent the drive to Geiranger telling ourselves that it would all end soon but the sun persisted. We timed our arrival at the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 2, 2016
- Day 15 - Last day in Oslo, home tomorrowToday was the last day of our trip.
This morning we toured the newer side of Oslo and saw some interesting buildings.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727390/0B Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 14 - OsloThis morning we met up with a city guide after breakfast for a brief bus tour of Oslo. Our first stop was Frognerpark. The park is filled with sculptures of human figures by Norwegian sculptor Gustav Vigeland. The figures show Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 31, 2016
- Alison in AlesundWahey sunshine again! We saw Trondheim in the sunshine on Sunday morning and then set off back in a southerly direction. We encountered more snow-less skiers, and went through a town where everyone seemed to be sitting on Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 31, 2016
- Day 13 - Lofthus to OsloNot much to share today. We were on the road most of the day and only made two stops. One was at the Hardanger Nature Center were we saw a fabulous movie that made us feel like we were flying Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 30, 2016
- Day 12 - LofthusToday began with yet another ferry ride. After the 1st ferry, we briefly stopped in the town of Utne then boarded a 2nd ferry to cross Hardanger Fjord.
[img=http://phot Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- NORWAYNorway really is as beautiful and breath-taking as people say it is. Over the past couple of weeks we have seen some truly stunning natural landscapes and natural phenomena, which we had only ever seen before in photos or documentaries. Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Day 11 - Bergen to Flaam to LofthusToday was a day where we traveled by bus, ferry, train, another train, and finally bus again ending at the beautiful Hotel Ullensvang in Lofthus.
Bus: first we took the bus to Voss, home of Knut Rockne for you sports fans. Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 28, 2016
- Isn't it good, Norwegian wood?Our exploration of Oslo didn't get off to a great start. We made our way into the city centre on the bus and arrived at the tiger statue outside the main station at 9.59am, just in time for a Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 28, 2016
- Day 10 - BergenToday began with a bus tour of the city of Bergen. Bergen is not very large and is best known for these buildings - Bryggen - which are designated as a Unesco World Heritage site. They are 900 years old. Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 27, 2016
- Day 9 - Geiranger to BergenToday we left Geiranger and took a ferry ride down the Geiranger fjord for about an hour before proceeding to Bergen. The trip took most of the day. This country has so much water. There are waterfalls gushing down the Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 26, 2016
- Day 8 - Geiranger We were able to sleep in a little today. It's been difficult for most of us to sleep well because the rooms are warm and the beds only have a duvet and no top sheet. So you either sleep with Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 25, 2016
- Day 13. FjordsToday was “Norway in a Nutshell”. It’s kind of a canned tour of fjords but it is really beautiful. It involves a lot of travel, but how else can you see the territory? We were out and Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 25, 2016
- Day 7 - Gaala to Lom to Geirangeri was hoping to get some better photos from our hotel this morning, however the fog was in and we couldn't see across the valley.
On the way to our first stop today we listened to music by Edvard Greig, Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 24, 2016
- Day 12. Touring BergenI think I may have mentioned that I am rooming with a woman named Carol. We met on a trip to Ireland and hit it off and decided to room together on this trip, although we really did not Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 23, 2016