- To NarniaAfter the usual last minute flurry of packing, cleaning and trip to the shops, we finally set off on our trip to Norway. We went into the Singapore Airlines lounge at the airport and saw Brad and Billie check in Posted by EricaJY in Welcome to Narnia | Dec 18, 2014
- Grey days in Bergen
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 31, 2014
- 15th June 2011After catching the bus into town we spent a few hours wandering around Bergen, attempting to stay out of the light rain. We visited a castle (not impressive), walked around the harbour (quite industrial, so not great) and made our Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Nov 22, 2014
- Oslo to Bergen "Norway in a Nutshell"Going to Norway, I also wanted to see the fjords and doing my research before the trip I soon stumbled on the 12 hour "Norway in a Nutshell" train-tourist railway-ferry-bus-train trip between Oslo and Bergen billed as one of the Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Nov 9, 2014
- A day strolling around Oslo City CentreHaving done most of my Oslo Bucket List yesterday today was planned as a quiet stroll around the city centre mopping up the Castle (Akerhus Festning), the Royal Palace (Slottet), the Nobel Peace Centre as well as the Cathedral, Parliament Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Nov 2, 2014
- Onward to OsloI had booked myself on the early train for the 6 hour journey to Oslo. This time it was an old train rather than a high speed one like I had from Copenhagen and there was nothing of note during Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 28, 2014
- DalsnutenAfter taking about an approx. 15 minute empty bus ride from Sandnes, my friend and I began the excruciatingly long trek up a construction-ridden hill to begin our ascent up Dalsnuten. For an American with asthma, this trip was arduous. Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jun 26, 2014
- Stavanger Day 2This day was full of experiences, both good and bad.
Breakfast was great, it consisted of a croissant and brunost with butter on one half and a chocolate spread on another. Chocolate milk went with it, and we were good Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jun 23, 2014
- Stavanger Day 1[center]
my ticket conformation
The Waffle House
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Kacey's Travels in Kacey's Travels | Jun 22, 2014
- AlesundWe spent a lovely week in Alesund in Norway. Jim went off to his course each morning and was back by 3:30 each afternoon for the week. I spent the week sleeping in, relaxing, exploring Alesund, skyping with my Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Oct 13, 2014
- Crossing the legendary 80th Parallel in the High Arctic
I had just put aside the compelling and thrilling book about the first US expedition of the Arctic in 1870 on the USS Jeanette written by Hampton Sides; a detailed narration of a failed Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Sep 27, 2014
- Kristiansand, NorwayA brisk breeze and some damp fog greeted our arrival in this beautiful Norwegian port. With breakfast out of the way we made our way to the Princess Theatre for our 08:45 rendezvous with our group for the half-day Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 11, 2014
- NorwayIt’s now 2014 and after enjoying cycling around Iceland so much last year I thought I’d repeat the trip format and spend my Summer days wondering when the current climb is gonna ‘top out’ and my Summer nights in a Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Sep 10, 2014
- Oslo, NorwayRain squalls, threatening sky and a blustery wind restricted my adventures out on the open deck this morning. It was still quite dark when we took aboard the pilot who guided the ship into the port of Oslo where Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 31, 2014
- Flåm, NorwayFlåm, Norwegian Fjords
Wednesday 13th August - Thursday 14th August 2014
We caught the train to Myrdal just before 8am where we had nearly an hour's wait until the next train to Flåm. This 20km stretch of railways is one of the Posted by Roaming Rolts in Scandinavia | Aug 15, 2014
- Last day in OsloI walked down the main shopping street (Karl Johans) and caught the hop-on hop-off bus around 10am. My first stop today was the Viking Ship Museum. The museum contains Viking ships that were used for burials and were excavated from Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 13, 2014
- Bergen, NorwayBergen, Norway
Monday 11th August - Wednesday 13th August 2014
We set off bright and early for Gatwick airport at 6am. The journey was relatively uneventful on my part, with several uninteresting dreams along the M25 while Chris did a Posted by Roaming Rolts in Scandinavia | Aug 13, 2014
- Still in OsloThe joy of sleeping in until 8am! I met Christine and Lorna for breakfast at 9am, then checked that the reception has me booked in for another two nights. They did but I had to move rooms – from the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 12, 2014
- Back in OsloThis was the last day of my last tour. I’m looking forward to the freedom of exploring Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen by myself.
We left at 8.15am for the long drive back to Oslo. At the top of a steep zig Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 11, 2014
- GeirangerFor anyone that’s sick of reading my blog, you’ll be pleased to know that I’ll be home in two weeks. But I feel a bit sad that my great adventure will soon be over.
Last night there was a big storm Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 10, 2014
- Still in Balestrand Today is a free day … free to sleep in and have a late breakfast … no packing bags and being on the bus by 8am! I’ve been getting up at 6am but today I slept until 7.30 and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 9, 2014
- BalestrandAnother 8am start for a very busy day. This tour is very tiring and I’d really like a sleep in. We drove to Voss, through tunnel after tunnel. The Norwegians sure know how to build tunnels through the mountains.
At Voss Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 9, 2014
- P&O Cruise to NorwayFri 1st August - Leaving Southampton
Excitement today, we board the cruise ship Adonia which is to set sail at 4.00pm.
After booking out of the hotel in Southampton, we taxi it to the dock at 12.30 and once on Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Aug 8, 2014
- BergenWhen I woke up I opened the curtains to find a huge passenger ship in the fjord – spoiling my view.
I had one last walk in the garden before breakfast and we were on the road at 8am. Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 7, 2014
- Chasing Mary & A Kid in a Lego ShopHere is your picture of the Little a Mermaid from the front
We've spent the day exploring Royal Residences or as I like to call it chasing Princess Mary. We started b Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 6, 2014