- 2011 - NorwayFlying into Rygge Airport, our accommodation was only 3 stops on the bus from Oslo Central Station. Being self-catering was probably a good idea, as we didn't expect things to be maybe as expensive as they were. Posted by JosTravel2016 in Joanne's Travel | Feb 7, 2016
- Oslo, Norway - Thursday, 31 December 2015Last day of 2015. What an eventful year it has been. We started the year travelling to South America and Antarctica - 66 degrees south and ended the year in Iceland, 66 degrees north.
My mother passed away in Posted by gaddingabout in Wendy and Phil's White Xmas in Iceland | Dec 31, 2015
- Oslo, Norway - Wednesday, 30 December 2015We both had a very peaceful night. For me, it was probably due to the two G&Ts, followed by a beer with dinner. A bottle of Jacobs Creek sells here for $80 AUD - pass! I suppose Posted by gaddingabout in Wendy and Phil's White Xmas in Iceland | Dec 30, 2015
- Tromsø - Oslo - London - Bristol
After a lovely deep sleep, I drag myself out of bed at 06:30 this morning. For breakfast I have one of my all-time favourite Christmas Eve breakfast: 'lefse med sylte' – pr Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 24, 2015
- Alta - TromsøThere was no mouse waking us up last night thankfully – although I did hear the dogs howling at the moon at some stage during the night.
We leave a beautiful sunrise behind us (as well as a cool -13°C) Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 23, 2015
- Norway in a Nutshell[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/liamps/countries/Norway/|Norway photos]]
Norway: the land of Vikings, fjords, brown cheese (more on that later) and surely the world's fittest people. To live in Stockholm for a semester and not vis Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Dec 7, 2015
- Alta and Finnmark: Northern Lights!We both slept really well last night – the beds may be narrow, but those mattress covers on top makes them super-comfortable! That is, until 01:45 this morning when we were woken by a mouse! Yes, a mouse. He (or Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 22, 2015
- Lyngen - Alta - GargiaIt's still snowing when we go out this morning, but thankfully it doesn't look like it has been snowing heavily all night, as the new snowfall isn't that deep. Deep enough, though.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Still_Snowing_3.j Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 21, 2015
- Tromsø: Lyngen Alps, Kaldfjord and Sommarøy. And Finland?===Breakfast===
Breakfasts in Norway are generally very similar to lunch and usually consist of open sandwiches with meat, fish, egg or cheese. The bread is most often wholemeal and quite dense. My breakfasts (as well as packed lunches for school Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 20, 2015
- London - Oslo - Tromsø - LyngenWe always like to vary the type of travel we do as much as possible, and this holiday can hardly be more different to our last sojourn when we went exploring the deserts of Northern Kenya: we are travelling in Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 19, 2015
- NorwayRelax. I'm okay. No misfortune has befallen me. Just been a little lax on the bloggy blogs. Not due to a crippling case of writes block, well maybe, or a debilitating RSI, just old fashioned been doing stuff and Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Nov 24, 2015
- NorwayArrived in Oslo, as the sun was saying goodbye to this side of the world and sliding down the horizons edge. For a second I had forgot I was travelling from Berlin. Iceland already seems so far away, geographically and Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Nov 17, 2015
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?HEY H8ERS!
We made it to Country #1 on our list: Oslo, Norway.
There's so much to see...
Posted by katemancuso in Taken: The Epilogue | Sep 27, 2015
September 13, 2015
Our flight from Vancouver to London was the best we have ever had. We used all of of "points" and flew business class on British airways. Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Sep 21, 2015
- European Vacation 2015We are off again on another adventure. September 13th, tomorrow, we fly to Bergen Norway and will rent a car to see some of the fjords. I will post with pictures around once a week if you Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Sep 12, 2015
- Hej Då Bergen & NorgeQuelle surprise une ville estudiantine, animée pleine de charme. Après la visite du centre ville et son attrape touriste marché aux poissons, nous nous jetons sur king crabe et homard, les premiers que nous voyons de tout le séjour. Nous Posted by bloomglance in Norway | Aug 19, 2015
- OsloWe arrived in Oslo after our 5 hour train trip that took us through some elevated towns with plenty of snow and Norway views.
Our cab driver was complaining of "rush hour" traffic at 3:00pm and it took so us over Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 17, 2015
- Enfin le grand beau temps!Sur la route du ferry qui nous ramène au continent, on a enfin trouvé le ciel bleu...Bodo à oublier, nous arrivons à Trondheim. Surprise, c'est la canicule 27degrés!!!
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by bloomglance in Norway | Aug 15, 2015
- BergenWe have had two stays in Bergen. One was just for a night before heading off to Flåm, and the other was for two nights after Flåm. We stayed in the same hotel both times.
Bergen is a lovely city, whose Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 14, 2015
- Fin du voyage aux Lofoten..Fin du voyage aux Lofoten. Nous quittons Kabelväg, route vers le ferry de retour pour le continent. Superbes paysages dans le sud de l'ile en direction de Moskenes. Traversée calme sous une franche pluie!!! Accueil sympathique à Bodo sous des Posted by bloomglance in Norway | Aug 14, 2015
- En route vers le sud...
Vers le sud et sous la pluie....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by bloomglance in Norway | Aug 12, 2015
- F is for Flåmin' FjordsWe arrived in Flåm on the scenic railway via Flamsbana which is a spectacular train journey offering panoramic views of the Norwegian fjord landscape.
Flamsbana is one of the steepest train lines in the world on normal tracks, Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 12, 2015
- Lofoten suite..Journée humide ...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700293/P1510475 Posted by bloomglance in Norway | Aug 10, 2015
- Geiranger, finallyFinally got to Geiranger, albeit 24 hours late from original plan and around 12 hours from the revised. Fair to say, our room was ready when we arrived, although the cleaning lady turned up five minutes after we had dumped Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 6, 2015
- Romsdalseggen - We kicked your buttI finished the last Blog update with, "We survived that and now back in our room hoping that the weather breaks so that we can do the Romsdalseggen Ridge walk tomorrow in 6 hours or we miss our bus to Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 6, 2015